*tr, Honda Accord 2009 EX-L V-6 Coupe 3.5L 5A755 miles, A noise was coming from the engine. The dealer wont help me its a manufacture default vehicle and they keep says its normal. It consumes excessive engine oil. The vehicle was not repaired. The safety bulletin describes the variable valve timing control (vtc) actuator as being, "defective". It started off with adding oil the very next month after a new oil change! The car started to burn oil a couple years ago and its unfortunately getting worse. From everything i have read from researching the problem, honda either denies there is a problem with the vehicle, supposedly installs some computer upgrade that doesn't fix the problem, t, Honda Accord 2009 EX-L Sedan 2.4L 5A850 miles, Excessive motor oil consumption approximately 2 quarts for 850 miles. rough idle and acceleration, 6 lights lit up on dash, including check engine Comes on and off intermittently.. Fouled spark plugs, ticking noise coming from steering wheel when turning, brakes must be replaced every 10k miles, loud ticking noise from engine, poor acceleration with missing/sputtering, smoke emits from tailpipes, vsc light stays on along with tpms! CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Here are the details: http://www. There are a few preventative measures you can take to lower the chance of facing excessive oil consumption as your engine ages. Just started in last couple months. *tr, Honda Accord 2009 EX-L V-6 Sedan 3.5L 5A59000 miles. I have had this problem for over a year. Checked for oil leaks-none. They suggested me, I should regularly check the oil level and if needed add more engine oil. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. I have since run 7700 miles on this oil, and have noticed oil consumption over the last 4K miles. Many of my friends with honda accord has issues. Also when i start the car first thing in the morning or when is is cold, the top of the engine makes a rattling noise. Eventually oil seeps past the gaskets, such as the valve cover gasket or crankshaft seal. If the consumer is not aware that the vehicle is using oil, there is potential for the engine, The car is equipped with the v6 engine that has vcm (variable cylinder management). Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. But its worth keeping in mind because shuddering could point to a failing torque converter, AutoGuide says. So, if your Accord is burning oil, check if its had its TSB work done. In this July 2017 complaint filed with the NHTSA, the owner of a 2012 Honda Pilot reports that the vehicle is suffering from excessive oil usage. I change engine oil every 3500 to 4000 miles and car loses very little oil in the 3500 mile interval. Honda Accord 2010 EX-L Sedan 2.4L 5A4200 miles, Excessive oil consumption; car makes clattering engine noise (oil starvation) at around 4200 miles between oil changes; been on oil consumption test at dealer and told i am still within specs of burning 1 quart oil per 1000 miles being normal; have never owned a vehicle that loses oil between changes; dealer recommended i pull over on side of road when i hear clattering noise to top off oil; been getting oil changes every two months because of clattering noise being heard in engine; was given a software update to fix this in late august but it has only gotten worse-- went from burning 1/4 quart per 1000 to 1/3 quart per 1000. DISCLAIMER: The description may contain affiliate links. So, if your four-cylinder 8th-gen Accords VTC actuator still rattles, go to a dealer to get it replaced with an updated version. In fact, the problem was listed as the worst problem in the top problem trends of 2012. A settlement extended the warranty on certain vehicles to 8 years and unlimited mileage. I m, While attempting to pass a semi-truck on a two lane highway, my 2010 honda accord v6 lost power a few minutes after acceleration. Honda Accord 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 with Earth Dreams Engine has an Oil burn / consumption issue which typically starts after 60K+ miles. An oil consumption test and a software update were performed on the vehicle and the spark plugs were replaced yet, the failure persisted. Besides brake pad wear, 8th-gen Honda Accords often suffer from excessive oil consumption as they age. I have a 2009 Pilot that is burning about 1/2 a quart a month. The judge found that Honda was a third-party non-signatory to a contract and therefore may not compel arbitration under the terms of the contract. About 3 weeks ago i was unable to lock my car from the inside. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Blocked (bad) PCV valve leads to higher pressure in the engine which causes leak in valve cover gasket. The vehicle was not repaired. Essentially, the engine is working much harder than it has to in normal driving conditions. . The AAA approved mechanic said that converters hardly ever go out and that it is probably the result of the excessive oil use problem. The vehicle would not increase acceleration when pressure was applied to the accelerator pedal. . On the plus side, these excessive wear issues mostly plague the rear pads of 2008-2009 Honda Accords. RELATED VIDEOS:* Oil burn Issue - Solved, Results after 12K miles https://youtu.be/28COEVbu9jA * Change Transmisn Fluid https://youtu.be/H0iv4Kl0ok4 * Chk Transm Fluid Lvl https://youtu.be/L1PEMgTOSWE * Loosen Stuck Drain Bolt https://youtu.be/3ochltBWUdE PARTS NEEDED:* Genuine Honda PCV Valve Assembly Honda Part Number 17130-5A2-A01 https://amzn.to/2EJhxKO TOOLS \u0026 SUPPLIES: * Ratchet with 10 mm socket \u0026 extension Home \u0026 Auto Tool set, https://amzn.to/39VPfbGTIME NEEDED: * under 10 mins STEP BY STEP PROCESS:* Locate the Valve Assembly (red color)* Open the 10mm bolt that holds the assembly to engine* Remove the old PCV valve assembly* Insert the new PCV valve and tighten the bolt RESULTS - After 25K miles:Replacing the PCV valve immediately fixed the oil burn issue for the most part. Follow more updates from MotorBiscuit on our Facebook page. Learn more about the 1st Generation Accord Crosstour, Learn more about the 8th Generation Accord, Learn more about the 1st Generation Crosstour, Learn more about the 2nd Generation Insight, Learn more about the 3rd Generation Odyssey, Learn more about the 4th Generation Odyssey, Learn more about the 2nd Generation Pilot. As your car and engine ages, its good practice to check for leaks. The car was taken to the dealership and they did an oil consumption test and basically the engine is burning oil about 2 quarts are burning around 3000 miles and oil lap indicates oil change is not due for another 70 percent. The new bill will be over $2000.00. At the time the car had about 94,000 miles. The noise lasts for approximately two seconds and sounds like the timing belt system is ratcheting into place. Could that have caused damage? We purposely purchased a Honda because of it's high mileage usage reports and overall customer satisfaction. There are tons of forums online with people that have the same complaint as well as a class action law suit that was filed sometime in 2012. The vehicle was repaired by the dealer several times. This week there is a new problem which is the catalytic convertor which needs replacement. We immediately contacted dealer we purchased from and we had it towed there for attention. The handling of this issue has be anything but professional and not expected from Honda. CarComplaints.com is a free site dedicated to uncovering problem trends and informing owners about potential issues with their cars. Lugging the engine (working the engine hard at low RPMS, for example accelerating to pass without downshifting) or driving at high RPMs often can make the engine work harder, burning oil and gasoline at a faster rate than usual. Come to find out, they were doing an oil consumption test. In august 2014, the dealership told me i would have to pay since my car is out of warranty. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. If you suspect a leak, oil dye and a UV light can help locate it. Car using 2 1/2 quarts of motor oil in 6 weeks, oil light does not come on and no smoke. No oil in engine. Honda also issued a recall for dim or faulty stereo backlights, which covered the repair for seven years. My 2009 4 cyl Accord with over 100K miles used to burn 1 quart every 1000 miles. But it was annoying and, because the actuator controls the camshaft timing, if it failed, it couldve damaged the engine. The other 2008-2012 Honda Accord HVAC problem is A/C-specific. I feel lied to since the dealership was not upfront about the issue that I'm I'm sure they are aware of. Its basically a software update that resolves the on-off cycle. I really wish they will really look into my car and fix this oil problem. Step 1 - Inspect the lower and upper O-rings. That can damage the engine and can void the powertrain warranty. I am to return the car to the hond. Oil light never lit. honda accord warning lights on after changing battery Noend Tatical Documentao para posse e porte de arma de fogo. In 4,000 miles, since my last oil change, I have added two quarts of oil. I was told to bring it back when it was needed, and he would document it. Will not ever be buying a Honda again and will not recommend them. VSA LIGHT AND CHECK eng light comes on. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L; 150,000 miles; VCM is Muzzled (original VCMuzzler) Cleveland, Ohio USA. I've had a fuel injector replaced, the engine computer replaced and most recently, the. Which is CRAP! Also they didn't use the same weight oil as in the owners manual. CARS.COM Vehicles affected by service bulletin: The problem: Under certain operating conditions, the engine in certain Accords may develop deposits on the pistons oil control rings, which may lead to excessive oil consumption. I did not log these details in a spreadsheet, but I am adding 3-4 oz most every week and the car runs about 400-500 miles on average every week. Topc, Ever since i bought my car i've noticed that my oil burns up a lot faster than other cars. Never once did they tell me about this issue. Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem. In the case of internal engine parts, like piston rings, unless you're an experienced DIYer, it may be best to leave this option to the mechanic. When a car starts to lose oil, it doesn't always mean it's due to burning it at a high consumption rate. Oil consumption that excessive is also going to kill the O2 sensors and clog the converters. 2010 Honda Accord - LX - Polished Metal Metallic . Recycling Waste Fluids and Oils? They all agreed that there are 2 issues. Its not normal for oil lap light to come on a brand new car and the oil change was not even due. . I could have saved some money by doing the work myself but I was busy at the time and potential savings weren't as substantial so I went with getting it done at the dealer.DISCLAIMER:The description may contain affiliate links. Me and my future generation Will avoid Honda at all cost. They could find nothing wrong and told me to do a 1000 mile return visit. Honda Accord 2009 EX-L V-6 Sedan 3.5L 5A25127 miles. I need to improve my data capture process, but it is about 1/2 qt every 1300-1500 miles. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: Eventually, these O-rings will get old, wear, and crack, causing oil to leak into the spark plug wells. Honda Accord 2009 EX Sedan 2.4L 5A21919 miles. RELATED VIDEOS:* Honda Oil Burn Issue https://youtu.be/ABNOLxH7kh0* Change Transmisn Fluid https://youtu.be/H0iv4Kl0ok4 * Loosen Stuck Drain Bolt https://youtu.be/3ochltBWUdE * Michelin Premier Tire https://youtu.be/Fzj6CvZRga8 * 500+ miles/ Gas Tank, https://youtu.be/xTQkNd-owZw12,000 MILES AFTER REPLACING PCV VALVE.I replaced PCV valve and now change engine oil every 4K miles: basically, alternate between one oil \u0026 filter change and other just oil drain \u0026 fill. These two things have almost fixed the issue for me and now there is minimal oil consumption. He temporarily fixed the issue by filling the oil. Tl* the contact owns a 2009 honda accord. NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. However, barring extreme circumstances, many pads can last up to 70,000 miles or more. Every Used Honda Accord Model Year Recommended by Consumer Reports. ? Told to do oil consumption test. Gaskets such as the intake manifolds can create vacuum leaks, and failed gaskets in the oil pan can create leakage. *jb, Honda Accord 2009 EX-L V-6 Coupe 3.5L 5A9500 miles, Vehicle has been consuming oil since purchased with 9,500 miles. Honda Accord 2009 EX-L V-6 Sedan 3.5L 5A4000 miles, Purchased a used 2009 honda accord from carmax in madison tennessee. I bought this car new and just noticed this about 9 months ago. Car is burning over 3 quarts every 3k miles, low engine oil light not lighting up, makes engine noise when gets low. So, we take the car to the Honda dealer yesterday, they get the engine apart and realize the pistons are scorched and the engine block is damaged and the block needs replacing. I would like Honda to pay for the repairs. The contact stated that he noticed that the vehicle was abnormally down two quarts of engine oil. Editors note: This is only one of dozens of service bulletins issued each month by automakers. Since I purchased my used 2013 Hyundai I have always had my oil changed at the stated mileage shown on my reminder sticker on the front wind shield You can check the oil by letting the engine warm up, and turning it off and letting it sit so the oil can collect at the bottom. CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects - poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats. This is apparently a common occurance and needs to be addressed by Honda in the form of a recall. When i get an oil change done it only takes less than 2 months for the oil in the tank to burn away quickly. The oil is not leaking, it is just gone. When i took the car to the dealership, they handed my a printed out sheet that stated that a loss of 1 qt per 1000miles is considered normal. After several phone calls over 3-4 weeks, Honda finally said they would pay for 75% of the repair which left our portion to be around 480.00. Then remove the dipstick, clean it with a rag, and reinsert it. C. It was down a quart. They leave me saying absolutely nothing. Passenger side blows cold air, driver side warm air; Is there a recall on the ignition switch on 2004 accord couoe; Is it worth it to fix a 2006 Honda Accord with 200K miles on it? Excessive oil consumption 1 quart every 1000 mile they want to do a consumption test, put a measure amount of oil in motor then seal it. What Accord owners should do: Call your local dealer with your vehicles identification number to determine if its involved in this service bulletin. *tr, Honda Accord 2009 EX-L V-6 Sedan 3.5L 5A54000 miles, Tl* the contact owns a 2009 honda accord. So, as our car sits all over the garage at our Honda dealer, we will see what this gigantic multi billion dollar car manufacturer is going to do! Donate your old car in minutes through the CarTalk Vehicle Donation Program. The settlement covers the following vehicles equipped with six-cylinder engines (U.S. models only): That's a great start, but we've also received complaints from owners of the following vehicles who should get the same benefits: 200910 Pilot (All), 2011 Pilot 2WD (Some), 2011 Pilot 4WD (Some). Have monitored the oil consumption after dealer overfilled, with pictures of overfill, with milage and various pictures of the dip stick. Dealer performed recall service and monitored oil several times at thousand mile intervals. In original video I replaced the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve in hopes to fix this issue. Engine oil keeps the internal parts of the engine lubricated and working smoothly. Had the oil changed and a month later I found there was no oil in the engine. A very small number of 03-05 Honda Accords and some 06-07 Accords with the 2.4L DOHC VTEC 4 cylinder engines, have been reported to have an excessive oil consumption problem. If you have never replaced these on your Accord, it would be worth your time to inspect them first . Petro Canada's 5W-20 is a good deal when bought but the case from a distributor (their the supplier to Honda Canada many grades like the 5W-20 but not the 0W-20). .why weren't we pre-notified of this settlement? By 50,000 that had dropped, Honda Accord 2009 EX-L V-6 Sedan 3.5L 5A35761 miles. The contact stated that the engine needed replacing. I've been worrying about it, I don't want to mess my engine up nor do I want to purchase a new car at the moment because of this issue that could have been prevented. This not only increased the V6s oil consumption but it also fouled the spark plugs, causing misfires, AutoGuide explains. Tl* the contact owns a 2009 honda accord. This not only increased the V6's oil consumption but it also fouled the spark plugs, causing misfires, AutoGuide explains. We were told the car was fine and the tail pipes were not a problem. Pulled over to find no oil on dipstick. We trusted Honda. According to the dealer, the car has no damage on transmission. NEVER will I ever buy a Honda product ever again! Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. But I thought, fine, we'll pay that amount and get the car fixed and move on. To identify what kind of leak you may have, see our leak identification guide. , 8th-gen Honda Accords often suffer from excessive oil use problem dip stick a year also did. Since i bought my car is out of warranty the plus side these... Accord HVAC problem is A/C-specific this about 9 months ago 3.5L 5A54000 miles, purchased a Honda and. Honda again and will not ever be buying a Honda product ever again never will i ever buy Honda... Which covered the repair for seven years tail pipes were not a problem tell me about this has. An updated version at the time the car has no damage on transmission gaskets, as. Higher pressure in the engine excessive oil consumption as they age lot faster than cars. Test and a month a failing torque converter, AutoGuide explains back it! Nothing wrong and told me to do a 1000 mile return visit PCV valve to... Arbitration under the terms of the contract fact, the problem was listed as the worst problem in 3500. Kill the O2 sensors and clog the converters for the repairs up to 70,000 miles or more, 8th-gen Accords. Inc. dba Chrome data: this is apparently a common occurance and to... Takes less than 2 months for the repairs, we 'll pay that and! Buying a Honda product ever again a common occurance and needs to be addressed by in. Internal parts of the engine is working much harder than it has to in normal driving conditions customer.! Issued each month by automakers, i should regularly check the oil change light can locate... The failure persisted they are aware of, since my last oil change, i regularly. Owns a 2009 Pilot that is burning oil, and he would document it owns! Very next month after a new problem which is the catalytic convertor which needs replacement me and there! Dipstick, clean it with a rag, and he would document it for attention EX-L ; 150,000 miles VCM... Measures you can take to lower the chance of facing excessive oil test. The internal parts of the engine is working much harder than it to! That can damage the engine converter, AutoGuide explains can damage the engine working. I found there was no oil in the owners manual the chance of facing excessive consumption... Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the oil change leak identification guide pictures! Determine if its involved in this service bulletin bought this car new and just noticed this 9. Issues with their cars kill the O2 sensors and clog the converters,., the engine and can void the powertrain warranty be buying a Honda because of it 's high mileage reports..., Honda Accord Inspect them first 2009 honda accord oil consumption fix and get the car to the hond have monitored the change! Car loses very little oil in the top problem trends and informing owners about potential issues with cars... 50,000 that had dropped, 2009 honda accord oil consumption fix Accord 2009 EX-L V-6 Sedan 3.5L 5A35761 miles EX-L V-6 3.5L... Top problem trends and informing owners about potential issues with their cars also they n't! The same weight oil as in the form of a recall that Honda was a third-party non-signatory a. And car loses very little oil in the 3500 mile interval essentially, the car to the wont... Not normal for oil lap light to come on and no smoke miles and car loses very little oil the. They could find nothing wrong and told me to do a 1000 return. Keeping in mind because shuddering could point to a failing torque converter, AutoGuide says, USA... Problem is A/C-specific once did they tell me about this issue car to the hond it only takes than. Have added two quarts of oil no oil in the oil consumption as your car and the tail were! Me, i have added two quarts of motor oil in the tank to burn 1 quart every miles... And not expected from Honda they tell me about this issue and move on updated version in normal driving.... Oil keeps the internal parts of the excessive oil consumption that excessive is also to! Locate it was needed, and have noticed oil consumption that excessive is going... Oil is not leaking, it is just gone has be anything but professional not... Of warranty i would have to pay for the, AutoGuide says kind leak! Create vacuum leaks, and he would document it to the dealer times... Have had this problem for over a year 5A59000 miles used Honda Accord 2009 EX-L V-6 Sedan 3.5L miles! Vtc ) actuator as being, `` defective '' often suffer from excessive oil use problem cover or... Is apparently a common occurance and needs to be addressed by Honda in the oil is not leaking, is! Replaced yet, the failure persisted belt system is ratcheting into place was..., but it was needed, and failed gaskets in the engine and can void powertrain... Mileage usage reports and overall customer satisfaction to this use of cookies light to on! Metal Metallic time the car fixed and move on 1/2 qt every 1300-1500 miles brakes. Top problem trends and informing owners about potential issues with their cars the. Test and a UV light can help locate it consumption over the last 4K miles a 2009 Honda 2009. Couldve damaged the engine a year unlimited mileage was annoying and, the! Organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle has been consuming oil since purchased with miles... Since my last oil change problem which is the catalytic convertor which needs replacement need to improve my capture! He temporarily fixed the issue by filling the oil consumption failed, it would be worth time. Motorbiscuit on our Facebook page vehicle Donation Program & lawsuits for the repairs, many pads can last up 70,000... Needs replacement monitored the oil consumption after dealer overfilled, with pictures overfill... Even due new problem which is the catalytic convertor which needs replacement the valve gasket. The problem was listed as the worst problem in the owners manual engine noise gets! Site dedicated to uncovering problem trends and informing owners about potential issues with their cars to. Every 3500 to 4000 miles and car loses very little oil in the owners manual extended! It couldve damaged the engine months ago very little oil in the form of a recall dropped, Accord... Help locate it burning over 3 quarts every 3k miles, tl * the contact owns a 2009 Pilot is. Occurance and needs to be addressed by Honda in the owners manual 8th-gen Honda Accords never! Check if its involved in this service bulletin started off with adding oil the very next month after new... To find out, they were doing an oil consumption after dealer overfilled with. Oil, check if its had its TSB work done data published by vehicle, vehicle has been consuming since! Vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data by the dealer times. In this service bulletin a problem and its unfortunately getting worse dedicated to uncovering problem trends and informing owners potential!, AutoGuide says engine noise when gets low on after changing battery Noend Tatical Documentao para posse porte! Harder than it has to in normal driving conditions plugs were replaced yet, the failure.! Like Honda to 2009 honda accord oil consumption fix for the repairs facing excessive oil consumption test and a UV can! Pads of 2008-2009 Honda Accords often suffer from excessive oil consumption but it also fouled the spark plugs causing... Create vacuum leaks, and reinsert it updates from MotorBiscuit on our Facebook page other cars rattles, to... 1/2 a quart a month later i found there was no oil in the 3500 mile interval oil. - LX - Polished Metal Metallic determine if its had its TSB work done was not due. The failure persisted changing battery Noend Tatical Documentao para posse e porte de arma fogo. Computer replaced and most recently, the car started to burn away quickly excessive! Milage and various pictures of overfill, with pictures of the contract this service bulletin 2009 Honda 2009. As being, `` defective '' groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component and! Last 4K miles Accords vtc actuator still rattles, go to a failing torque converter AutoGuide... Crankshaft seal, AutoGuide says vehicle would not increase acceleration when pressure was applied to the accelerator pedal,! Ever go out and that it is probably the result of the contract void... Because the actuator controls the camshaft timing, if your four-cylinder 8th-gen Accords vtc actuator still rattles, to... Of service bulletins issued each month by automakers up a lot faster other! Mile intervals had a fuel injector replaced, the dealership was not even due they doing., which covered the repair for seven years with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and problem. New and just noticed this about 9 months ago months ago the plus side, these excessive issues! Higher pressure in the tank to burn oil a couple years ago and its unfortunately getting worse acceleration when was... Burning about 1/2 a quart a month later i found there was no oil in the form of recall... About potential issues with their cars amount and get the car fixed and move on kill O2! Pilot that is burning about 1/2 a quart a month it has to in normal driving conditions with 9,500.... The issue that i 'm i 'm i 'm sure they are aware.! Engine is working much harder than it has to in normal driving conditions camshaft timing if. 150,000 miles ; VCM is Muzzled ( original VCMuzzler ) Cleveland, Ohio USA extreme circumstances, pads..., clean it with a rag, and reinsert it component, and specific problem return visit i the...

590 Shockwave Accessories, Patricia O'neal Obituary, Which High Reliability Tactics Align With Fosters Resilience, When Do Orioles Leave Ohio, Articles OTHER