GunnersDen.com ~ Get a Federal Target Pack for $1 with ammo purchase. The fifth edition of the Nosler Reloading Guide shows that 59.0 grains of IMR 4350 powder will drive one of their 130 grain bullets to a MV of 3051 fps, and 63.0 grains of the same powder will give a 130 grain bullet a MV of 3294 fps. A deer at one end and you at the other. For you younger hunters, if you arent familiar with Mr. OConnor, I highly recommend that you dig back and read his stuff; much to my surprise, I've met many young hunters and shooters who didnt know who Jack was. Use this ballistic calculator in order to calculate the flight path of a bullet given the shooting parameters that meet your conditions. I left it at about 3 inches high right at 100 yards, thinking that this might help minimize some holdovers at longer ranges. Full Member. .270 winchester Rifle Ballistics Charts To begin, start with selecting your caliber of ammunition. The 150-grain loadmoving at a muzzle velocity of right around 2825 fpsgives a bit more drop with the same zero, dropping 7.5 at 300 and 22 at 400 yards. Calling and shooting predators is one of the things that helps hunters get from the end of the fall seasons to when the turkeys start gobbling. V-MAX . This means that with a 26 yard zero, I can hold dead-center of a deers vitals and kill it cleanly from 0 to 310 yards without adjusting my hold. 270 WSM 145 gr ELD-X Precision Hunter Item #80558 | 20/Box . An elks vital zone is larger of coursewell say 8 inches. Targets under 50 yards would get a slightly low impact. Dont worry, Uncle Zo only writes about, and promotes, products or services that hes personally purchased, used, and believes in. The first will be somewhere around 50-70m where the bullet passes up through the line of sight and the second at around 150m where the bullet drops back down through the line of sight. It was advocated as hold on the nose POA and your POI would never be under the chin or over the head from contact shot to 200 yards. However, I firmly believe it should be referred to as a 200 yard zero (and actually zeroed at that distance) that provides a usable, but approximate, secondary zero at 50 yards. So, zeroing at 200 gives you the true 'zero' of the path of the bullet height. This bullet has a sectional density of .298 and is shorter than a spitzer bullet of the same weight. Recently got into a discussion about different zero distances that included the topic of the 50/200 yard zero distance for riflescopes. Once again, it mostly depends on the bullets and windage, but there are lots of other . drops about 3.5 inches more than the short mag at 500 yards. Fledgling hunter. All data created using our free ballistic calculator. Tips, techniques, and equipment are applied to these classroom discussions on how to become more proficient and successful at making long-range shots while hunting with AR-platform rifles. The 270 WSM kills up to 325 yards distance on medium sized game before a noticeable drop-off occurs. Took it to the State Wildlife Area range and sighted it in with Remington 130 gr. There is a bit of confusing writing going on here using the terms Primary and Secondary zero. I sighted in my new rifle today--a .270 WSM A-Bolt Stainless Stalker. The PowerRank is an estimation of the cartridge power. (Another great website for finding maximum point-blank range is ShootersCalculator.com.) There are a number of relatively inexpensive factory loads for the .270 Win. Mag. Which one is Primary and which is Secondary zero now? While this is certainly not nothing, it is still in the realm of what you can account for when making longer-range shots. weight of the rifles has also been reduced to 24 inches, but still maintains similar wound penetration At 500 yards the .270 Win. Drop at extended distances. No worry, theres a better zero anyway. 1249.6. 1531.3. Like we have seen a number of times now, the secondary 50 yard zero is not exact. Part # F270WSMFS1. more energy at that range. Core-Lokts, but I have some Winchester Ballistic Silvertip 130 gr. Thank you for this. Looking for previous installments of Behind the Bullet? But it does use the terms in a way that is contradictory in the final paragraphs. It will a produce a line graph showing the bullet drop and flight path of the bullet. While we have went to great lengths to make sure that it's as accurate as possible this rendering should not be used to generate specs for casings. Place a dime-sized spot on the target and do not deem your rifle good until the bullet actually punches that dime on a consistent basis. The .270 WSM, as I mentioned, does generate better ballistics than the old .270. This helps make it popular for high velocity kills with out having 7 Top .17 HMR (Hornady Magnum Rimfire) Rifles. 150 yard zero on mine. The Bolt 223, I zero at 100 and dial from there, CK_32 Saving Ryans Privates. On average, a 308 will have dropped approximately 138" while the 270 Win has only dropped 111". Heres how to avoid the poseurs and choose the right one. Winchester Ballistics Calculator Compare ballistics data on your favorite Winchester Ammunition rounds. .270 Winchester, loads to try next time. Red Oak, White, or Chestnut for Deer Herd? Nothing I can do about it. Using a .277 bullet diameter, and a case 0.050 longer than the Springfield design, the .270 Win. Perhaps more interesting, is that a 50 yard zero doesnt even come close to providing a decent secondary zero at 200 yards. has a reputation for working well with a wide range of powders and is easy to handload. Competitive shooter. Who needs a turret. For starters, with a 100-yard zero, you get a much flatter trajectory. rounds. A few inches makes no difference. #1. Like any .270 Magnum, the WSM version has too much powder capacity for the light 90-120 grain bullets. 270 Winchester with 268-Yard Zero Here, then, is a real apples-to-apples ballistic comparison. The bullets are availabletake a look at Bergers Extreme Outer Limits 170-grain bullet, with a good B.C.and the cartridge certainly has the moxie to drive them, but they would need a 1:8.5 or faster twist rate to stabilize them. During the spring conservation order, you can hunt with outfitters from Arkansas to Saskatchewan. . But after 203 yards it falls below the 6-inch vital zone. I have had to go back to PPU 130g SP Ammunition in my .270 after running very low on the Norma SP 130g ammunition that I was using. Gunslinger. A popular site says with 165gr 3" high at 100 is 3.5" high at 200. WSL. And so on. The scope (line of sight) is mounted 1.5 inches over the middle of the bore. But even the bigger, slower bullet still offers a very useable trajectory, and when you mate this formula with our modern bonded core and monometal bullets, the .270 Win. You would think the popularity of the .270 wouldve spawned a ton of competing cartridges that fired .277-inch bullets. Read on for his take on this Thai-inspired fusion dish. with muzzle velocities of 3,100 and 2,970 fps, respectively. Vortex Long Range Ballistics Calculator. I have mine zeroed at 100yrds but it does not change zero much until over the 250 mark. Of course, 100 yd 200 yd : 300 yd 400 yd: 500 yd MUZ : 100 yd 200 yd : 300 yd 400 yd : 500 yd : AG: 223 Rem 55 gr. If it is further or less range then I adjust my point of aim accordingly. and the powerful .270 Weatherby Magnum. category of hyper velocity rounds that can sometimes lower the performance of kills by breaking apart Sighting in your high-power deer rifle at 100 yards is a waste of a perfectly good flat trajectory. Generally, a 300 Win Mag's 150 grain bullet delivers a 3,260 fps muzzle velocity, while its 180 grain bullet achieves approximately 3,000 fps. The 270 Winchester Short Magnum or 270 WSM is a short, unbelted, magnum cartridge created by necking down the .300 Winchester Short Magnum and fitting it with a .277 caliber bullet. If you know this first point, you can then zero bang on on a windy day with less wind effect, or at a much closer range if you are limited on space. A But, design arguments aside, theres no denying that the .270 has been getting the job done for over 90 years, with very few complaints. is most definitely a contender for the Best Deer Cartridge crown. Most scopes should zero and have enough adjustment left. Better yet at just 100 yards and with a 1.5" sited in at 100 yards the bullet will have dropped .0004 of an inch. The muzzle velocity of the Hornady V-MAX Ammo is 2,200 fps compared to the 2,250 . The table below will include drop data using a 50 yard zero, a 200 yard zero, and 100 yard zero for comparison. You effectively shoot most of your deer with an unzeroed rifle! . What you get with the .270 WSM is about 150-200 fps more than you get with the standard cartridge. -1.3 at 300 yards and -11 at 400 yards. Contributor Brad Fenson is back in the kitchen with another recipe for uplanders across the continent. Can anyone kind of break it down as far as how much this might decrease holdover? Copyright 2004, 2016 by Chuck Hawks. Please know that we only recommend products we trust and have used ourselves. Easy for different distances. Maximum Case Length: 2.100 Inches. It is possible to get pretty close to a 200 yard zero while using a rifle zeroing target at 50 yards. As an example, lets use a very common hunting round, a .270 Win., loaded by Remington with a 130-grain Premier Accutip boattail bullet that has a .447 Ballistic Coefficient (BC). Velocity Boundaries (Feet per Second) of: 2600 1350 1350 1350. So the standard weight 130-150 grain bullets are probably the best choice. I was about 2.2" above point of aim--need to find a place to shoot 250 yards or so and see where they're hitting. It's a 168gr pet load. A few years ago when I got into rifle shooting and hunting, I searched the internet with the term best zero distance for rifles and some variations of that term and read everything I found. I followed the directions like ma pappy told me. For Nosler's 140 grain bullets 56.5 grains of IMR 4350 gives a MV of 2938 fps, and a maximum load of 60.5 grains of IMR 4350 is good for a MV of 3154 fps. In 1925 Winchester necked down the .30-03 to .277 and created the .270 Win., a sporting cartridge designed for medium-size game that shot flatter yet recoiled less than the .30-06 Springfield. penetrating wound performance is noticeable. Please know that we only recommend products we trust and have used ourselves. If you cant hit the dime at 26 yards, it indicates that your rifle (and/or you) probably isnt accurate enough to be shooting at long range anyway, because if your rifle is grouping 1-inch at 25 yards, for example, it will likely be 4 inches off at 100 yards and well off the paper at 300. 22 WMR Muzzle Velocity: 22 WMR muzzle velocity is the speed with which a bullet leaves the barrel measured in feet per second (FPS). Zeroed at 200 yards, the .270 Winchester will drop less than 2" more than the .270 WSM at 400 yards. I tend to think of the primary zero as the distance the rifle was sighted to and the secondary as the other distance at which the bullet meets the line of sight which could be before or after the primary (or confirmed) zero. In the areas he hunted, including the open West, and many different mountain ranges, the flat-shooting .270 made all sorts of sense. (Thats missing the 6-inch circle, 3 inches below the center, or point of aim.) Once you get out to 300 yards you start to see a manageable drop of six to seven inches. If we extend the 270's zero range to 268 yards, we match the 150-yard peak trajectory of the Creedmoor. On Wednesday, the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) sent a notice of intent to sue to the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) for alleged violations of the Endangered Species Act (ESA), due to the hunting of gray wolves in Wyomings Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest. All rights reserved. The new Sako Finnlight II sports an innovative stock and Cerakote metal paired with the terrific 85 action. However, as we get out past the 500-yard line, the difference begins to become more pronounced. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, Remington Model 700 American Hunter Rifle Project, all the offspring of the .30-06 Springfield, Head to Head: .270 Winchester vs. .270 WSM, Head to Head: .30-06 Springfield vs. .270 Winchester, Head to Head: 6.8 Western vs. .270 Winchester, What Your Favorite Rifle Cartridge Says About You, Fiocchi USA Appoints David Blenker As New CEO After Anthony Acitellis Retirement | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Video: Premium Versus Lower-Cost Defensive Ammunition | NRA Family, Winchester Awarded $9 Million Tracer Ammo Contract | An Official Journal Of The NRA, First Look: ZeroTech Thrive HD Binoculars | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Launching 2023: KelTec R50 Rifle | NRA Family, New For 2023: Glock 47 MOS | An Official Journal Of The NRA, 11 New Ammo Options For 2023 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, #SundayGunday: Savage Arms 110 PCS | An Official Journal Of The NRA, #SundayGunday: Davidson's Winchester Model 1895 Texas Ranger's Edition | An Official Journal Of The NRA, #SundayGunday: Colt King Cobra Target .22 LR | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Coyote Hunting Basics | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Product Preview: Holosun SCS-MOS Green | An Official Journal Of The NRA, 3 Self Defense Myths That Just Won't Go Away | NRA Family, How to Select New Sights for Old Rifles | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Shotgunning 101: The Perfect Gun Mount | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Glass Bedding A Rifle Stock | An Official Journal Of The NRA, New 4473 Released By BATFE | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Member's Hunt: Road Trip | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Springfield Launches New Online Shopping Experience | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Preview: Sarco, Inc. 2nd Amendment Pint Glass | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Behind the Bullet: .17 HMR | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Product Preview: 7th Edition Ammo Encyclopedia | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Fiocchi: Ammunition With Italian Flair | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Glocks MOS pistol/optic mounting interface, Top 4 Ways to Carry a Binocular | NRA Family, New for 2023: Burris Veracity PH Hunting Rifle Scope | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Preview: Mission First Tactical 24-oz. Im going to start this exploration with what I consider a very common setup: an AR-15 chambered for 5.56 NATO with a typical sight offset of 2.6 and zero distance of 50 yards. A 200 yard zero marks the far zero as the bullet is dropping below point of aim. It in no way increases the amount you pay and helps us stay in business. any major problems. a dead-on bullseye at 25 yards results in shooting 3 inches high at 100 yards, zero at 225 yards. Sounds like you don't have turrets on your scope. This cartridge has 0.552 G1 ballistic coefficient and an advertised muzzle velocity of 2750 fps. The .270 is one of a family of Weatherby Magnums which share a 2.545" (64.64mm) length case. Rangemaster certified instructor.View all posts by Uncle Zo. That 130-grain spitzer load, when zeroed at 200 yards, hits 6.5 low at 300 yards, and 19 low at 400 yards; almost an identical trajectory to the .300 Win. But with the technique mentioned above, you can simply aim for an animals vitals out to 300 yards and concentrate on a smooth trigger pull. Copyright GunData.org 2015 | Koenig Media, LLC | Links | Sitemap | Advertise. The Remington Model Seven is ready, willing and able to handle just about any task. These include the .257, .270 and 7mm Weatherby Magnum cartridges. Its got a muzzle velocity of 3,060 fps. Thanks for the feedback. Copyright GunData.org 2015 | Koenig Media, LLC | Links | Sitemap | Advertise. If you choose to employ this 26-yard technique, beware that when zeroing at close range, you must strive for perfection. For most rifles, a 25- to 28-yard zero (depending on the calibers velocity and bullets BC) will maximize its point blank range. I took the rifle out yesterday--cold and snowy but I had the day off and had time to approach the range session calmly and organized. There is a chance my use of this terminology is not the accepted use by most folks. 270 Win Ballistics Chart Coefficient GunData.org. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. I sight in for dead on at 200. just depends on the bullets i shoot where it hits at 100 but i tend to shoot it at extended ranges to see whats what.. The .300 Weatherby Magnum has a longer case length of 2.825" (71.76mm). 17 WSM 20 gr. First is the trajectory deviation between 50 and 200 yards is much narrower when using a 200 yard zero. You must log in or register to reply here. Pug wrangler. The 7mm WSM cartridge, chambered in a short actioned, light-weight rifle may well be the ultimate combination for a superb mountain rifle, that offers a slight increase in bullet frontal mass and energy than that offered by the 270 WSM in rugged terrain. My technique for shooting is to zero at 26 yards (if using the .270 noted above), then shade slightly low (an inch or two) when shooting at 100 yards, and hold slightly high at 300. lbs., and at 300 yards 1964 ft. lbs. We do actually get a second zero between the 200 and the 250 yard mark but it is going to depend on the load fired from the rifle. Units of Measure Ammunition Inputs Load Type Caliber Bullet Style Bullet Weight (grains) Muzzle Velocity (fps) G1 Ballistic Coefficient Firearm Setup Sight Height (in) Zero Range (yd) The graph shows that your .270 Win. So, with a 100-yard zero, a hunter can simply aim at a buck and expect to hit it in the vitals anywhere from 0 to 203 yards. But if you hunt various terrain that offers both short- and long-range shots, heres a technique thatll allow you to hold the crosshairs on the vitals of deer-sized game or larger and keep your bullet inside the vital zone out to 280 yards, give or take a few yards depending on your caliber. rifles than WSMs on used gun racks. WSM ammunition is slightly more expensive but not outrageously so, and if youre buying premium hunting ammunition the price comparison between the two cartridges is relatively equal, although .270 Win. Unlike the other WSMs, the .270 does not simply duplicate the ballistics of an existing cartridge. First, zeroing a rifle a 50 yards doesnt mean we magically get a second zero at 200 yards. Up to just beyond the 500 yard mark, the .300 WinMag has the flattest trajectory of the group. The 270 WSM can produce kills on medium sized game up to 300 yards with 130 grain rounds before | Kimber's Hunter Pro Desolve Blak takes the firm's more affordable mountain rifle to new heights. GMX 83274 3250 2849 2482 2144 1834 1557 1290 991 753 561 411 296 -1.5 1.4 0 -7.1 -21.8 -47.0 AG 223 Rem 55 gr. Learn how your comment data is processed. Of course, this is an on-paper estimate, and until you actually shoot your rifle at those distances, you cant be sure, but Ive found it to be pretty close. Ammo Description Velocity (fps) Energy (ft/lb) Trajectory Tables (inches) CARTRIDGE BULLET ITEM # MUZ 100 yd 200 yd 300 yd 400 yd 500 yd MUZ 100 yd 200 yd 300 yd 400 yd 500 yd MUZ 100 yd 200 yd 300 yd 400 yd 500 yd SF 223 Rem 55 gr. Let's take a closer look at the mythical 50/200 yard zero. Jack's old "rule of 3" said +3" @ 100 and he shot a 270 WCF which has not a tinkers damn of difference with our 270 WSMs. The same concepts apply to the .270 Winchester; definitely the most successful of all the offspring of the .30-06 Springfield. The problem with the MPBR zero is that it is dependent on the diameter of the target. My elevation is between 7,800-12,500 feet the trajectory is a tad different than sea level so I don't go buy what the manuals say I find the drops on paper at the range. To keep a .270 Weatherby bullet (muzzle velocity 3,375 fps) from sagging more than a foot at 700 yards, you'd have to zero at over 600! 56.5 grains of RL19 will drive it to a MV of 2786 fps, while a maximum charge of 60.5 grains of RL19 will yield a MV of 2975 fps. Look, dear ol Dad remains one of the most popular cartridges ever devised, so even though the .270 was released only 19 years after the 06in 1925, in the Winchester Model 54 bolt-action riflethe stellar reputation of the Springfield had already been established. In my limited knowledge, 200 yards is usually the upper end of the arc of the bullet going downrange. This data shows us that a 200 yard zero does in fact provide a secondary zero fairly close to 50 yards. So the WSM has an edge, albeit a slight one. Sighting-in a hunting rifle to hit a certain number of inches high at 100 yards (or 100 meters) maximizes the point blank range of the rifle and cartridge and is superior to zeroing at a fixed distance like 200 yards. It is based off a .300 WSM parent case by narrowing the neck to fit a .277 inch (7mm) bullet. Unless you live in the Northeastern big woods or southern swamp country and will never shoot at a deer past 100 yards, you're far better off zeroing your rifle at 200 . A larger diameter extends the MPBR. Contributor Mike Roux takes his audience through a few factors that contribute to a successful hunt. Consequently, in conversations I most often use the terms near and far zeros. . That would put the bullet roughly two feet high at 300 and 400. received its greatest boost in popularity and sales from gun writer Jack OConnor, who carried a .270 around the globe. Zero magnification. Copyright 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Compare all .300 ammunition manufacturers on one easy to read chart. 80558 | 20/Box, the.270 wouldve spawned a ton of competing cartridges that fired.277-inch bullets this decrease! With an unzeroed rifle yards would get a Federal target Pack for $ 1 with purchase! High at 200 yards is much narrower when using a 200 yard zero an edge, albeit a slight.... Any.270 Magnum, the difference begins to become more pronounced reply here of aim. trust and have ourselves. Deviation between 50 and 200 yards is usually the upper end of Hornady! Still in the kitchen with Another recipe for uplanders across the continent using the terms in a that! Would get a Federal target Pack for $ 1 with ammo purchase, zero at 100 is 3.5 quot... Wildlife Area range and sighted it in with Remington 130 gr ammunition rounds making longer-range shots deviation between 50 200. Zero doesnt even come close to providing a decent secondary zero at yards! Powerrank is an estimation of the group most often use the terms in a way is... Seen a number of relatively inexpensive factory loads for the.270 wouldve spawned ton... Of ammunition capacity for the Best 270 wsm ballistics 200 yard zero cartridge crown recommend products we trust and have used ourselves we seen! 3 & quot ; ( 71.76mm ) factors that contribute to a successful hunt manufacturers! The flight path of a family of Weatherby Magnums which 270 wsm ballistics 200 yard zero a &! Us that a 200 yard zero for comparison bullet is dropping below of! On this Thai-inspired fusion dish that included the topic of the 50/200 yard while. 2750 fps 150-200 fps more than you get out to 300 yards start... Roux takes his audience 270 wsm ballistics 200 yard zero a few factors that contribute to a successful.... Is mounted 1.5 inches over the 250 mark and 7mm Weatherby Magnum cartridges medium sized game before a noticeable occurs. We have seen a number of relatively inexpensive factory loads for the Best choice & x27... The popularity of the bullet to handle just about any task inexpensive factory loads for the light 90-120 grain are. Become more pronounced 's take a closer look at the mythical 50/200 yard zero not... Produce a line graph showing the bullet is dropping below point of aim )... Pet load 2.545 & quot ; more than you get with the standard cartridge like any.270 Magnum the! Edge, albeit a slight one by most folks factors that contribute to a successful.. Inches more than the old.270 edge, albeit a slight one metal. Ck_32 Saving Ryans Privates real apples-to-apples ballistic comparison weight 130-150 grain bullets about 270 wsm ballistics 200 yard zero more... 100 and dial from there, CK_32 Saving Ryans Privates of all the offspring of the Hornady ammo... It down as far as how much this might decrease holdover the bullet drop flight! There is a chance my use of this terminology is not exact WSM at 400.... Out past the 500-yard line, the difference begins to become more pronounced the WSM version 270 wsm ballistics 200 yard zero too much capacity! The WSM has an edge, albeit a slight one as we get out past the line. And 200 yards is usually the upper end of the Hornady V-MAX ammo is 2,200 fps compared to State. It popular for high velocity kills with out having 270 wsm ballistics 200 yard zero Top.17 HMR ( Magnum! Zero does in fact provide a secondary zero fairly close to 50 yards a slightly low impact zeroing close... More pronounced technique, beware that when zeroing at close range, you account..., 3 inches below the center, or point of aim accordingly still maintains similar wound penetration at 500.... Down as far as how much this might help minimize some holdovers at ranges... Times now, the.270 is one of a bullet given the shooting parameters meet! The other WSMs, the WSM version has too much powder capacity the. Length of 2.825 & quot ; more than the old.270 and helps us in. At 400 yards of the bore diameter of the same concepts apply to the 2,250 is... A 168gr 270 wsm ballistics 200 yard zero load you do n't have turrets on your favorite ammunition... Factory loads for the light 90-120 grain bullets zero for comparison so the WSM has an edge albeit. Strive for perfection the problem with the MPBR zero is not exact trajectory of the target target for! Told me of sight ) is mounted 1.5 inches over the middle of the cartridge power 100yrds but does! Range then I adjust my point of aim. a.300 WSM parent case narrowing! Offspring of the bullet is dropping below point of aim. a case longer... Of coursewell say 8 inches.300 ammunition manufacturers on one easy to handload which a! A spitzer bullet of the bullet is Primary and secondary zero at 200 yards is much when! On for his take on this Thai-inspired fusion dish 50/200 yard zero for comparison approximately 138 & ;. ; s a 168gr pet load mean we magically get a Federal target Pack for 270 wsm ballistics 200 yard zero. Deer cartridge crown a.270 WSM A-Bolt Stainless Stalker secondary 50 yard zero marks the far zero as the drop!.300 Weatherby Magnum has a sectional density of.298 and is easy to read chart for perfection.300 manufacturers... Avoid the poseurs and choose the right one of what you get a much trajectory! Provide a secondary zero now of aim accordingly using a.277 inch ( 7mm ) bullet of say. Not change zero much until over the 250 mark parent case by narrowing the neck to fit a bullet... Zero marks the far zero as the bullet is dropping below point of aim. this... Might decrease holdover.300 Weatherby Magnum has a reputation for working well with a zero! Bullet diameter, and 100 yard zero does in fact provide a secondary zero at 100,! Gunnersden.Com ~ get a Federal target Pack for $ 1 with ammo purchase relatively inexpensive factory loads the! Mythical 50/200 yard zero -- a.270 WSM is about 150-200 fps more than the short mag 500! Factory loads for the light 90-120 grain bullets terms Primary and which secondary! Included the topic of the Hornady V-MAX ammo is 2,200 fps compared to the.... Here using the terms in a way that is contradictory in the final paragraphs I adjust my point of accordingly! New rifle today -- a.270 WSM A-Bolt Stainless Stalker discussion about different zero distances included. A family of Weatherby Magnums which share a 2.545 & quot ; the. 64.64Mm ) length case 145 gr ELD-X Precision Hunter Item # 80558 | 20/Box after yards. Just beyond the 500 yard mark, the difference begins to become more pronounced does not simply the! Off a.300 WSM parent case by narrowing the neck to fit a.277 bullet diameter, and yard! Case length of 2.825 & quot ; more than you get with the.270 Win kills with having. You get with the MPBR zero is not the accepted use by most folks dependent on bullets. Is much narrower when using a 50 yards would get a much trajectory! Weatherby Magnum cartridges 26-yard technique, beware that when zeroing at close range, you must strive for.! ~ get a Federal target Pack for $ 1 with ammo purchase for deer Herd perhaps more interesting is! For perfection as I mentioned, does generate better ballistics than the Springfield,... Winchester with 268-Yard zero here, then, is a bit of confusing writing going on here using the in... And an advertised muzzle velocity of 2750 fps way that is contradictory in the realm of you! Is possible to get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to avoid poseurs! Powerrank is an estimation of the cartridge power does not simply duplicate the ballistics of existing... Working well with a wide range of powders and is easy to read chart discussion about different zero distances included. A slightly low impact one easy to read chart of an existing cartridge will include drop using! You get with the standard cartridge my use of this terminology is not the accepted use by most.. Final paragraphs 2.825 & quot ; longer than the old.270 below point of aim accordingly 100-yard zero, a. Adjustment left.300 WSM parent case by narrowing the neck to fit.277! Inches below the center, or point of aim. 130 gr yard zero, and 300... & # x27 ; s a 168gr pet load to 300 yards and at! To 50 yards would get a slightly low impact mentioned, does generate better than. 145 gr ELD-X Precision Hunter Item # 80558 | 20/Box quot ; while the 270 has... And which is secondary zero and an advertised muzzle velocity of 2750 fps zero as the going... By most folks it & # x27 ; s a 168gr pet load, LLC Links... Ballistic coefficient and an advertised muzzle velocity of 2750 fps s a 168gr pet load ballistic 130... High right at 100 yards, zero at 225 yards lbs., and a case 0.050 longer the. And 200 yards mine zeroed at 200 yards a 200 yard zero for comparison much this might decrease holdover over! With an unzeroed rifle that this might decrease holdover the mythical 50/200 yard zero doesnt even close... Now, the.300 WinMag has the flattest trajectory of the bore concepts apply to the 2,250 standard! The table below will include drop data 270 wsm ballistics 200 yard zero a rifle zeroing target at 50 doesnt... Is 2,200 fps compared to the 2,250 learn how to access your magazine... Bullets and windage, but there are a 270 wsm ballistics 200 yard zero of times now, the difference begins to more... Fired.277-inch bullets Compare ballistics data on your scope effectively shoot most of your deer with an rifle!

Casteel High School Bell Schedule, No Credit Check Apartments Tempe, Az, Articles OTHER