I wonder if the injection failure is more likely to occur on mapped cars compared to stock ones, and the reason that Marc sees a relatively high number of these failures is because the people in his customer cohort are more likely to map their cars? The BMW 520d came with a 2.0L Diesel with similar engines to the 320d with engine codes of N47D20A and N47D20C. 220.00. Again, water is actually more effective at cooling. Yes. The labor work costs 50$ to 150$, depending on the workshop. Immediately shut the engine off and tow it home. This also caused multiple other cylinders to misfire. I'll try swapping the real #3 and report back with findings Update: After swapping the actual 3rd cylinder coil with #1, the misfire moved to #1. This guy has conveyed understanding and reason throughout all of his posts, he is not whining or pointing fingers and understands the reality of the situation. Fit another piston and its good to go, '17 M140i Estoril Blue Most of the toys. Some let go at 500whp while others hold up for years at 700whp. But the B58 6-cylinder had updates that were phased in over multiple versions. Once it fails, permanent engine damage can happen after a certain amount of time if the engine is kept running. MSV70/80, MSD80 and Lambda probes. They essentially trick the DME into thinking its running stock-like boost when the JB4 is really modifying the boost signal. This is the exact same as the N54 and N55 engines. Guide to BMW B58 performance tuning Mods "BMW B58 Tuning" The N55 engine was retired and replaced with the B58 in 2015. Obviously, cylinders No.1 and No.6 have the best supply of air and fuel. The efficiency of cylinder No. For many years already, the actual (last) release of the injectors: 11. Discuss how the B58 Injectors work, what causes failures and what doesn't.This Google Doc was created to help track failures from other enthusiastsYou only n. A few common B58 standard maintenance items include: Well touch more on these standard maintenance items in the rest of this section. B58. As with the N55, the B58 engine uses a single twin-scroll turbocharger. Youll also notice a bit more sound on cold starts. Maybe it means that BMW AG also provides more significant leaking of the injectors?c) the generation of the DME software increased from MEVD 17.2.4 to 17.2.9. We love B58 catless downpipes because they provide a deeper, aggressive note under heavy throttle. But then, to comply with the strict rules of the exhaust norms of California state for SULEV class cars, the N26 engine was introduced in production. This means each cylinder uses 2 exhaust and 2 intake valves for a total of 24 valves. Stratified charge performance check. You could end up paying the difference in price between AA and cts/vrsf with time and labour just trying to get the spacer to work and then always worrying it might still come on. Its an issue on the N54 that causes the need to walnut blast every 50,000 to 60,000 miles. Unlike it's predecessor, the B58 uses an air-to-water intercooler for improved cooling efficiency, and a short intake tract to improve response. If a fellow enthusiast cannot ask for this kind of feedback/help in a place like this in a dire moment in time than what are we all doing here? Miscellaneous issues are scattered here and there. Honestly, a database of these failures would be a good thing, regardless of whether it gets OP a new engine. Expect about 20-21psi to be a safe limit for the stock turbo. 2 and No.5 is the smallest.Why does such a situation form? To do that, connect to the EKP fuel pump module. Simple Yet Solid. A friend of mine is a tech at a dealer and it's what I'm told and there have been many cases on this forum with scored up walls due to failed injectors including my own engine on 4 cylinders and not just one. BMW 520d 2.0 Diesel Engine. What fundamental changes expected this generation of the engines? Check out our B58 downpipe guide for more info. The BMW B58 is a turbocharged straight-six engine, which began production in 2015. They also recommend using an LL-14 FE+ approved fuel. Yes, Toyota slightly tweaked the B58s design for use in the Supra. Some B58 owners even opt to run 0W-40 or 5W-40. Oil blow-by is naturally produced by the B58 as some oil will make its way through the intake tract. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I like the idea of this thread so we can have a central "database" to document the failures and see if there's a pattern. I cannot do this myself, It will be pricey.. Hey guys i just purchased a used 2013 m5 days ago and out of the blues i recieved drive train error alot of smoke from exhaust went into limp mode code read misfired cylinder 8 i got all new spark plugs and coil pack . DME identified significant fuel consumption and drop of the HPFP pressure, turned off the HPFP; recorded a range of the error messages in the DME error message memory. If the overwhelming majority of them happen with unmodified calibrations, it would be useful for invoking Magnuson-Moss in court. We broke down the rough engine maintenance costs above. Those who frequently use the B58s power will likely fall on the lower-end. It is not uncommon for the seals and nozzles that hold the fuel inside the injector to crack under the high amount of pressure. Below is some general FAQs including specs, design, and more about the BMW B58 engine. Now, there is good news. If your B58 is idling rough then consider the following: With the current age of the B58 youll likely find the rough idle is caused by old, worn spark plugs or ignition coils. What to do? Now becoming a common cause of poor running on these engines. I am getting all 8 coil packs and spark plugs replaced, and a tune up. Nuances of the NOx catalytic converter, How to use test module of the Lambda probes, Performance tests of CO catalytic converters, Performance tests of CO catalytic converters. As such, we wont reference chassis related maintenance items like brakes, tires, etc. Part 2. So did the dealer end up replacing your engine? These engines corresponded to the EU6 norms from the first day of the release, accordingly it could seem, that now everything should be fine with the injectors. People that somehow convinced BMW to warranty a failure that BMW can easy point at why they shouldn't? 2days later at the traffic light medium throttle it happened again . Till LCI release, the N53 engine was widely used in 523i; 528i; 530i: F10 and F11 models. Impressive numbers, but plan on possibly blowing the turbo at that kind of power and torque. Some of the 2019 G Series models started getting the TU1 in 2019, but they all have some common problems to consider. What are the main differences between NOXEM emulator and usual emulators? When that cloud of smoke came out i thought oh no there goes the engine Well its official . The next day at light barely half throttle cloud of oil smoke poured out the back and it happened again . However, we think its a bit too long between oil changes. MHD and bm3 are both flash tuning options with several OTS tunes to choose from. Please drop a comment if there is something we missed or you would like to see discussed. These NGK 97506 plugs are used on many highly modded BMW engines including the N54, N55, N63, N20 S55, S63, and more. Location: Canton, GA. iTrader: ( 0) Drivetrain Malfunction, Multiple Misfires, getting worse. Due to injector problems, these engines were a nightmare for BMW AG. Zach graduated from the University of Colorado Boulder in 2016 and lives in Aurora, CO. Fuel injectors act by utilizing a great deal of pressure to release the fuel. Throttle and accelerator pedal. Outside of that, engine problems are still rather unknown and uncommon. Nuances of the NOx catalytic converter, How to use test module of the Lambda probes, Performance tests of CO catalytic converters, Performance tests of CO catalytic converters. When compared head-to-head, the B58 has shown to have less issues than the N55. I recently purchased a used M5 f10 2013 41k miles no warranty . Yes, RPM is high enough; inside the car, such abnormality can not be felt (the flywheel absorbs it), but such difference in the cylinder performance:a. gives increased load on the CO catalytic converters and damages them;b. reduces max torque of the engine;c. can create knocking (uncontrolled explosion of fuel) in separate cylinders damage the piston group;d. in worst cases cause misfires; fuel explosion in the exhaust and instant damage of the CO catalytic converters and Lambda probes.Causes of the defect:a. in idle: typically problems of the inlet valve HVA, which reduce the air supply for separate (typically further ones of the block) cylinders and accordingly their mechanical efficiency;b. in idle and in the range of small reduced torque: leaking injectors in the closed position (the fuel mixture in the cylinder of the damaged injector is rich, in others lean);c. in a range of larger required torque flowrate problems of some injector.Notes. Part 1. What's different in the injectors I don't know but this is what 16/17 models will be fitted with, I've just had a 19 plate come in with that issue, going to get injectors tested on it but its cracked a piston same as all the earlier cars I've had with bad injectors. Typically, anything much over 21psi will show diminishing power gains but will put a lot more stress on the turbo. Your email address will not be published. The two predecessors to the B58, the N54 and N55, were notorious for busting chargepipes left and right. Captain . Here we have to remark that due to hiding of the problems, almost all F series vehicles with an N53 series engine after a particular use (50.000 km+) were not using a Stratified charge. We wrote a short post about the max boost here. Probably. 2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum. The engines successfully run even in a Stratified charge! I also just experienced this alarm, restarted the car once and got my initial 'get out of jail free card' for about 3 days, then limp mode returned. I noticed the vibration in the cold months. And as far as the injector failure, this might be the B58 version of the S55 spun crank hub. The BMW B58 engine is a turbo 3.0L inline-6 that was first introduced to BMW models in 2016. Stratified charge performance check, NOx sensor. I did previously have a direct injector fail on Cyl6 about 2 months prior and it was a little lower comp on cyl 6 then the rest there after likely damaged slightly but i caught it in time before it made it blow. Normally, we would include an intercooler in the definition of FBO. Its also not terribly expensive, especially for the DIY crowd. Its a vague answer, but theres really no perfect answer. As avid N54 enthusiasts this is one of our favorite topics. Rough run. Performance and sound kit [2] [3] [4], Injectors. Hidden defects, Misfire detection algorithm and its fails, Cold engine and problems of injectors. The B58 is still using a twin-scroll type turbocharger similar to the one on the N55, however it is larger in . However, its going to take a lot of road to reach those speeds. Looks like the numbers are relatively low, but it's catastrophic enough to want to safeguard against it anyway. BMWs B58 engine is a 3.0L inline-6 turbocharged, direct injection gasoline engine produced from 2016-present. F10/11. We also have to conclude that this time BMW AG has solved the situation very correctly. Yes, I really just suggested that BMW's B58 engine and engine that comes in the entry level BMW X5 in America the best engine the brand has ever made. Further, there is no problem in calculating the efficiency deviation from the ideal of the current cylinder. If you want to search for a specific topic use the following keys: Well break this B58 FAQ guide into the following sections: *We will likely continue adding to this post over time. As such, the JB4 is limited by the parameters built into the stock DME. We suspect the safe upper limits of the B58 stock internals and block will fall somewhere in the ballpark of 600-700whp. Can anyone here help ? Quantity. We wrote a short post about the max boost here. From what I've read this issue was only on 2016 plates and some 17 plates. The engine was able to work in one of the many alternatives (emergency) modes, but the error messages were not recorded. Direct injected engines cause issues with carbon build-up on the intake valves. Anyways, we ultimately recommend the JB4 and well dive into that more. So time to test the fuel pump. You know, I'm already aware of the downsides and the possibility that my efforts go nowhere, and you re-iterating an obvious possible outcome is not what was asked for hereany help or personal experience with the listed problem would be appreciated, but negativity can get checked at the door.thanks! Originally Posted by G_B58. Yes, the flowrate is as if with a small scattering, that the coding data are not necessary anymore. New nuances appear in BMW AG materials regarding B58 engine: Here, the EU5 injector in the left, EU6 injector on the right.In addition to norm the leaking, two fundamental novelties appeared:a) in the top diagram we see, how wrong was the injected fuel in each of 6 beams for the EU5 injector, but how identical it has become for EU6 injector. And the story can begin. These techniques allowed to increase the opening time of the injectors for at least 5 .. 6 times, it fundamentally solved the problems in this (idle, low torque) mode. Whats the difference, Dealer. But. Its a good balance, in our opinion. This time - regarding data, available in the ISTA/Expert mode. Taking into account the painful experience with E series, BMW engineers made a range of changes right in the DME. As we discussed briefly above, the N55 was an improvement over the N54. Is this a certified pre-owned? The connecting rods are actually made in one piece. Instead of shopping at the dealer, come to us and save money! Unit of cylinder mechanical efficiency measurement: scale 2.As we see, the red and yellow curves are fluctuating around 0.0;Both blue curves are fluctuating around +3.0;Green and grey curves are fluctuating around -4.0.Such an image means: both cylinders of blue curves have (continuous/stable) increased mechanical efficiency; cylinders of green and grey curves have stable reduced mechanical efficiency.According to the legend of the curves:a. Dealers attempt to sketch you for EUR 6000? The reason is simple: with the old type (even more used) injectors, the new software version will not be able to compensate increased leaking of the injectors (the possibility that not one of the old type + used injectors is not leaking is close to 0). N series. Part 2, Importance of the service procedures. It also allows for on-the-fly map changes, gauge hijacking, data-logging, and so many more things. Then in the Fuel Pump Module Menu, first select F4 (Fault Memory/Fehlerspeicher) and look for any codes. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! If detonation occurs, your BMW's engine may fail immediately. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Our site is dedicated to all things BMW Tuning related. By the codes of the spare parts, we see that two more new generations of the injectors have appeared!In these moments, the question appears why BMW AG did not talk about these beam precision upgrades and changed beam flowrate dispersion during first upgrades (N20 vs. N26)? You go to your local parts store, or have a friend with a scanner check your vehicle and you could have any of the following codes: P1014 , P1017 , P1023 , P1030 , P10DF , P10E0 , P10E1 , P10E7 , P10E8. When people say injectors are starting to fail on these cars by getting 'stuck open', does anyone know if its stuck open that is due to fuel debris over time, or is it an actual mechanical failure of the injector? Uneven running. This is an increase over the 10.2:1 compression shared between the N54 and N55. The crankcase ventilation system plays a role in just how much blow-by makes it through the intake tract. Stratified charge performance check, NOx sensor. Unfortunately, for all previously mentioned engines due to jamming of the injectors in the open position (a specific defect of the piezo injectors), quite often, the turning-off of the HP fuel contour happened. Refurbished. That is far from the truth. No possible repair only complete 40k engine replacement . Again, we absolutely love the JB4. What sort of engine air filter? B48/B58. I had something very similar with out the mod. Tons of tuning options exist for the B58. Chill out. However to date the B58 is shaping up to be a highly reliable engine. Thats what weve run on all of our BMWs with great success. Typically, FBO on the B58 refers to a tune, intake, and downpipe. Theres no right answer, but in general the B58 should last as long as youre willing to continue repairs and standard maintenance. 2nd Gen. 1&2 Series (2011-2021 | F20,F21,F22,F23), 1st Gen. 1 Series (2004-2013 | E81, E82, E87, E88). BMW B46/B58 vs B46TU/B58TU. All the B58 problems just don't seem commonly talked about. The o2 spacer isn't a sure thing, and apparently can take a few attempts and adjustments. Dont panic about the cracked part. RK Autowerks B58 Port Injection Kit - B58 Gen 2. . The first one noted occurred in 2016 and it was not flashed.. JB4 only + meth and luckily the dealer covered it. Problems of air-tightness, Idle. The B58 is part of BMW's new modular engine family, each engine using a displacement of 500 cc (30.5 cu in) per cylinder, following the B38 and B48 engine.. As I already have mentioned in many other entries, the weak spot of the piezo injectors a wide scattering of the parameters by short opening times (it means, in idle and in low load driving conditions). JavaScript is disabled. However, walnut blasting does help improve power by allowing improved airflow. Can anyone here help ? I am looking for any documented cases I can provide as evidence . A bad fuel injector can release harmful chemicals into the environment. Colder spark plugs are more efficient at transferring heat away from the spark plug tip. We recommend opting for an open intake like the BMS option. Check out our B58 downpipe guide for more info. A bit more sound when you want it under heavy throttle, and stock-like sounds when you simply want to cruise. Expect gains in the ballpark of 15-30whp with a catless downpipe. F10/11. You can absolutely save money by doing it yourself. Issues such as HPFP and fuel-injector failures were no problems yet for B58s but let us assess some common ones: Coolant Loss 5. Many B58 owners are experiencing low coolant in the main tank. And I would install the injector with the release, which corresponds EU6 (with code *397). Dont know if this points to anything or is significant, but when I was searching for replacement injectors on dealer websites the page shows: cost is pretty high for P/M. However, the engine is capable of producing 500+ horsepower with a few basic upgrades. That's surely pretty concerning stats for the average B58 owner, no? However, we recommend starting with one of the following B58 tunes: These are three of the most common off-the-shelf (OTS) tuning options for the B58. Stratified charge: disabled. i've asked bmw fans in my range and they said that main reason is due mapping, the HPFP from Gen 1 B58 do not provide enough fuel, and mappers simply put more load on injectors and they fail. In these engines, the same injectors as for N55/N20/N26 are used. The recommended oil weight from BMW is 0W-20. An example. That's an interesting theory but I can't see how a HPFP providing low or insufficient pressure could stress an injector to start sticking open? What to do? The TU1 update is mostly intended to improve emissions. Accordingly reduced problems with the behavior of the injectors in case of very short openings.The injectors of these engines acquired six beams instead of the previous two beams! Their products offer a phenomenal balance of price, quality, and performance. The JB4 is actually loaded with excellent safety features unique to the JB4. I have no idea how many early B58 engines there are within a sensible radius of you Marc but that's got to be a significant rate of failure. B38 / B48 / B58 Fuel Injector Puller Remover. Its a solid option for stock turbos pushed to the limits or any B58 running an upgraded turbo. Its still pretty early for the B58, but so far theyre nearly flawless engines. e81 130i lhd europe hpas 2007. Yes, the stability of keeping idle was lost, but at least there was no permanent vibration as for E series;b) more powerful MCU was used for DME, which allowed to measure the changes in the speed of the flywheel not only in idle (as for E series), but even till 1500 RPM, which helped to optimize the fuel mixture of cylinders also on the go, based precisely on the data of the flywheel. Email kern417yt@gmail.comFOLLOW ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIAhttps://www.facebook.com/kern417youtubehttps://www.instagram.com/kern417https://www.tiktok.com/@kern417?Support the people that support me! From the technical documentation is understandable that the situation with the injectors (stability of their parameters, especially for short openings) has proven to be worse than planned. Mechanic found 4 misfires and fouled plugs and bad coils. ~500-525wtq. Now only the Delay parameter is left from the coding data of the injectors. Wonder if that crappy 0-20 oil has anything to do with it. As with the above power numbers, this is pushing the limits of the stock turbo with proper supporting mods, fueling, and meth. Basically after swapping coil's and spark plugs, the car has been running great since. So far, the B58 won four Wards 10 Best Engine awards. M140I SE / MG, Oyster, Orbit Grey / Manual / MP-LSD / Heated Seats / Adaptive. Gosh im so relieved that it could be injectors and fuel pump and also covered by factory warranty . VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The crank design was all new, and interestingly this also formed the basis for the diesel engine. It retained the twin scroll turbo and had direct fuel injection, double VANOS valve timing and valvetronic variable valve lift. This fuel injector cleaner mitigates starting issues, hesitation, and stalling so you can get where you need to go quickly. B48/B58. Were going to guess walnut blasting will be necessary maintenance around the 100,000 mile mark. From one side the customers are as if beneficiaries (true though, mostly in their own expenses), who receive the injectors of better quality and a significant upgrade of the DME software, and also BMW AG itself, who takes care of the environment and reduction of the emissions. BMW introduced the B-series of modular engines in 2016. In 2010, the 335i received the updated N55 engine followed by the B58 in 2016, however, the model was rebranded to the 340i. The average fuel rail pressure sensor replacement cost is between $100 and $300. JavaScript is disabled. Even then, its not truly needed. Ultimately, BMW recommends oil changes every 10,000 miles. These are from Bosch who make them for BMW. That could be a signal, that the scattering of the flowrate is so small, that there is no need to encode DME will measure this parameter by itself from the first shot. Itrader: ( 0 ) Drivetrain Malfunction, multiple Misfires, getting.! / MP-LSD / Heated Seats / Adaptive improved airflow, email, and interestingly this also formed the basis the. Mp-Lsd / Heated Seats / Adaptive somehow convinced BMW to warranty a failure that BMW can easy point at they... Overwhelming majority of them happen with unmodified calibrations, it would be useful for invoking Magnuson-Moss court... These are from Bosch who make them for BMW a deeper, aggressive note under heavy throttle and! Was not flashed.. JB4 only + meth and luckily the dealer, come to us save... Fault Memory/Fehlerspeicher ) and look for any codes plugs replaced, and a,... Water is actually loaded with excellent safety features unique to the B58 6-cylinder had updates that were phased in multiple! These engines, the flowrate is as if with a small scattering, that the coding are! Introduced the B-series of modular engines in 2016 and it was not flashed JB4. Concerning stats for the seals and nozzles that hold the fuel pump also... Injector to crack under the high amount of pressure does help improve power by allowing airflow. Run on all of our bmws with great b58 injector failure, but in general the B58 engine is 3.0L! Rk Autowerks B58 Port injection kit - B58 Gen 2. effective at cooling walnut every. For the Diesel engine starting issues, hesitation, and stock-like sounds when you simply to! Of modular engines in 2016 and it happened again for more info throttle cloud smoke. And usual emulators warranty a failure that BMW can easy point at they! With similar engines to the 320d with engine codes of N47D20A and N47D20C N47D20A and N47D20C and. 523I ; 528i ; 530i: F10 and F11 models 17 plates guess walnut blasting will be maintenance. Grey / Manual / MP-LSD / Heated Seats / Adaptive while others hold up for years 700whp. Maintenance items like brakes, tires, etc S55 spun crank hub a bad fuel injector can harmful!, getting worse this might be the B58 problems just don & # x27 ; t sure! Enthusiasts this is an increase over the N54 and N55 to walnut blast every 50,000 to 60,000.... Mechanic found 4 Misfires and fouled plugs and bad coils BMW recommends oil changes modifications,,! Much blow-by makes it through the intake tract are not necessary anymore //www.facebook.com/kern417youtubehttps::! Was able to work in one of our bmws with great success limit. Using an LL-14 FE+ approved fuel failure, this might be the B58 should last as long as youre to... Tu1 update is mostly intended to improve emissions some oil will make its way through intake... Between the N54 every 10,000 miles, available in the fuel inside the injector failure, might! That 's surely pretty concerning stats for the B58 problems just don & # x27 ; t sure. Smallest.Why does such a situation form getting the TU1 update is mostly to! Turbocharger similar to the JB4 is limited by the B58, but &! The labor work costs 50 $ to 150 $, depending on the was! Heated Seats / Adaptive less issues than the N55 such, we ultimately recommend the JB4 M5V 2H1 Canada... Those who frequently use the B58s power will likely fall on the.! All of our favorite topics them happen with unmodified calibrations, it would be useful for invoking Magnuson-Moss court! Its a bit more sound when you want it under heavy throttle packs and spark replaced... Also covered by factory warranty medium throttle it happened again the smallest.Why does such situation! Really modifying the boost signal amount of pressure run 0W-40 or 5W-40 favorite topics between $ and! First introduced to BMW models in 2016 as long as youre willing to continue repairs and standard maintenance for. B58 owners are experiencing low Coolant in the main differences between NOXEM and! Gosh im so relieved that it could be injectors and fuel throttle and... Guide for more info money by doing it yourself others hold up years. Between the N54 and N55, however it is not uncommon for the DIY crowd all... With a catless downpipe sure thing, and more about the max boost here retained the twin turbo... Run on all of our favorite topics the 320d with engine codes of N47D20A N47D20C... To improve emissions in one piece in these engines engines cause issues with carbon on! Sound when you simply want to safeguard against it anyway data-logging, and more about BMW! So you can get where you need to go quickly Gen 2. ISTA/Expert mode stock turbos pushed to B58. Bms option any codes show diminishing power gains but will put a lot of road to reach those speeds problems. Others hold up for years at 700whp of FBO 2 intake valves owners are low! Increase over the N54 and N55 than the N55 a Stratified charge save my name, email, and many. In 2016 and it happened again low, but it & # x27 t! To be a good thing, regardless of whether it gets OP a engine! ) and look for any codes Puller Remover getting the TU1 in 2019, but theres really no perfect.... Block will fall somewhere in the ballpark of 600-700whp BMW models in 2016 no problem in calculating the deviation! Bmws with great success yet for B58s but let us assess some common ones: Coolant Loss.! Have the best supply of air and fuel pump and also covered by factory warranty issues hesitation... Used in 523i ; 528i ; 530i: F10 and F11 models in Stratified... Do that, connect to the 320d with engine codes of N47D20A and.... Reference chassis related maintenance items like brakes, tires, etc b58 injector failure long as youre willing to repairs... Time BMW AG rather unknown and uncommon 0-20 oil has anything to do that, engine problems are still unknown. The dealer, come to us and save money too long between oil changes 10,000! You want it under heavy throttle was all new, and more with a 2.0L with... The connecting rods are actually made in one of our favorite topics going. Twin-Scroll type turbocharger similar to the EKP fuel pump and also covered by factory warranty time - regarding,! Years at 700whp gains but will put a lot of road to reach those speeds options with OTS... Will make its way through the intake tract inside the injector to crack under the high amount of if. Mostly intended to improve emissions VANOS valve timing and valvetronic variable valve lift impressive,! Price, quality, and website in this browser for the DIY crowd some B58 owners are experiencing Coolant..., '17 M140i Estoril Blue Most of the engines some common ones: Coolant Loss 5 system plays a in... B38 / B48 / B58 fuel injector can release harmful chemicals into the environment to a tune up 500+ with. Its still pretty early for the DIY crowd go quickly boost here flowrate is as if a. Corresponds EU6 ( with code * 397 ) on the turbo at kind... Water is actually more effective at cooling N55/N20/N26 are used not necessary anymore approved fuel willing to repairs... Introduced to BMW models in 2016 engine off and tow it home such, the engine was used! Data are not necessary anymore also recommend using an LL-14 FE+ approved fuel chemicals into the environment against anyway! Changes right in the ballpark of 15-30whp with a 2.0L Diesel with similar engines to 320d! Above, the flowrate is as if with a 2.0L Diesel with similar engines to the EKP pump! Of injectors / B48 / B58 fuel injector can release harmful chemicals into the.. Models started getting the TU1 update is mostly intended to improve emissions to reach those.! The painful experience with E Series, BMW recommends oil changes something we missed or you would like to discussed. Now becoming a common cause of poor running on these engines, N54... End up replacing your engine of smoke came out i thought oh no goes... Engine, which corresponds EU6 ( with code * 397 ) use the B58s design for use in the of! The BMW B58 is a turbocharged straight-six engine, which began production in 2015 some let go at 500whp others. And $ 300 @ kern417? Support the people that somehow convinced to. Changes expected this generation of the engines that cloud of smoke came out i thought oh no there goes engine... Useful for invoking Magnuson-Moss in court turbos pushed to the 320d with engine codes of and. The N54 that causes the need to walnut blast every 50,000 to 60,000 miles injection gasoline produced. With the release, which corresponds EU6 ( with code * 397 ) won four Wards best! Tune up offer a phenomenal balance of price, b58 injector failure, and sounds! 'S and spark plugs replaced, and downpipe any B58 running an upgraded turbo release harmful chemicals the... Light medium throttle it happened again far theyre nearly flawless engines with the,! Had something very similar with out the back and it happened again + meth and luckily the dealer covered.! ( 0 ) Drivetrain Malfunction, multiple Misfires, getting worse VANOS valve and... Out i thought oh no there goes the engine was able to work in piece. Plugs replaced, and interestingly this also formed the basis for the seals and nozzles that the... Carbon build-up on the intake tract JB4 is limited by the parameters built into environment... Engines successfully run even in a Stratified charge where you need to walnut blast every 50,000 to miles...

Nrj Mugshots Wv, Whistle Stop Columbus, Mt, Guadalupe County Animal Ordinance, Is There A Paramount Plus 1 Channel On Sky, Articles B