This is what I thought as well. Personal data can be factual (for example a name, address or date of birth) or it can be an opinion about that person, their actions and behaviour. Hopefully, your business will not have any more problems with late payments. Discover why 523,129 users count on TextRanch to get their English corrected! The bank representative is describing the different types of accounts and telling you about online banking. You don't need to tell them how much you need the money or how much time they are wasting. I have attached the invoice for your convenience [insert invoice link]. is there a chinese version of ex. How do I fit an e-hub motor axle that is too big? How do I fit an e-hub motor axle that is too big? Kindly simply fell victim to the need to develop the language and how to speak politely. Welcome to Grammarhow!We are on a mission to help you become better at English. Yvonne N T Makita Is there a proper earth ground point in this switch box? Individuals should only process data: If it is necessary to fulfil a contractual obligation or as part of the employer/employee relationship; for example, processing the payroll. If a sentence is clear, it's good. Your privacy is important to us. I fully understand your reasoning for charging admission, but wanted to clarify if we can still use the large cafe. The post is held by a Trustee of Hope Church, Matt Puusaari, who can be contacted via. Theoretically Correct vs Practical Notation, Dealing with hard questions during a software developer interview. claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations. If you agree to being contacted in this way please tick the relevant boxes in your personal profile settings. Another question to ask when confirming an interview is if there are any general suggestions about preparing. Would you please doesnt put any stress on the person youre asking for help, which is ideal if you want to remain polite. Without the correct invoice information, such as addresses for both parties involved, dates, and an invoice number, clients can ignore your invoices or send them back as invalid, despite the number of payment reminders you send them. Remember to be friendly and empathetic when you request payment as it will maintain your reputation and relationship. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. 10. It includes employee data. Your invoices are not legally binding documents. Employees and others who process data on behalf of the Church should assume that whatever they do with personal data will be considered to constitute processing. I hope you're having a great day. Its a very nitpicky difference, and many native speakers might disagree with that, but thats what seems to be the key difference between using them. Watch the video: Only 1 percent of our visitors get these 3 grammar questions right Is May You Please Explain This Grammatically Correct? It all depends on context. Entry for one person to the Quiz night. Does It Look Bad to Call & Confirm a Job Interview? Starting a question with 'Could you' vs. 'Can you'? It doesnt hurt to show respect to the people youre talking to, especially in writing. Rename .gz files according to names in separate txt-file. But I think it's useful to bear in mind that other human communities have made different uses of superficially identical linguistic tools. The only key difference that we should note is that please is more formal, while kindly is more familiar. But, stirred by charity, he put into practice the advice he himself had given: It is most of all when you feel yourself crushed by great suffering that it is good to go console others in their sufferings. Unfortunately the farm park is a pay to enter attraction and because of the layout, it is very hard to monitor who comes in only to use the cafe so we can't really allow free entry . Can the Spiritual Weapon spell be used as cover? Why do you use "should" instead of "would" at the beginning of your sentence? Please note, that any payments that are over 30 days are subject to late fees as described in our contract terms. It is closed on Monday and Tuesday during term time but otherwise open 7 days a week. Explained For Beginners, Is Please Kindly Correct? That helps new learners and native speakers because it means you dont have to learn different definitions. We will contact you annually to check that the information we are holding is accurate and that you agree to us holding it.Who do we share your information with? We will contact you annually to check that the information we are holding is accurate and that you agree to us holding it. Type 2: Can you raise your hand. Any breach of this policy may result in disciplinary action.Processing includes obtaining, holding, maintaining, storing, erasing, blocking and destroying data. Can you please confirm that our interview is still scheduled for Wednesday at 10:30? "I would be grateful" should be considered incorrect for a different reason: to be grateful does not express a preference or desire, so the use of would would not be redundant (as it is with like); however is it possible or meaningful to use a mood of preference or desire in regard to being grateful? However, we think you're better off with phone calls. If your last payment request email has gone completely unanswered, hopping on a phone call with your client can eliminate possibilities that your business contact details are incorrect, your emails have not gone to a spam folder, or your point of contact might have left. "It would be appreciated if you can let us know when can we expect to receive the final payment" does this sound right? Sickness records are likely to include sensitive data and as such should only be held if the explicit consent of each employee is obtained or if one of the other conditions for processing sensitive data is satisfied. Would the reflected sun's radiation melt ice in LEO? Does the latter sound over-polite and pretentious? Email Subject: Invoice [#] is now 30 days overdue - please send payment. Could you tell me when the meeting begins Where personal data needs to be deleted or destroyed adequate measures will be taken to ensure data is properly and securely disposed of. The best time to manage late payments is before they happen. Your delivery is an important part of how you can ask for payment professionally. Learn more about us here. Email Subject: Friendly Reminder: Invoice [#] One Week Past Due. (text 9-5-E) (27) Could you please confirm the receipt of this email? Could you please flows nicely, both in speech and in reading. RV coach and starter batteries connect negative to chassis; how does energy from either batteries' + terminal know which battery to flow back to? How can I recognize one? So could you please confirm that the email addr above is Mike's and please accept my apologies for my act(s) of stupidity that drove our friendship to the point of breaking. So, avoid being rude but make your demands clear with a polite reminder and remain professional at all times when discussing overdue invoices. And example referring to difference between can you and could you. In accordance with the Legislation we will ensure that written requests for access to personal data are complied with within 30 days of receipt of a valid request. Use these phrases to repeat information to make sure everyone has understood. If your invoice is weeks overdue, you can hire a debt collection agency or take your client to court. be obtained for specified lawful purposes and used only for those purposes, be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes, not be kept for any longer than required for those purposes, be used in a way which complies with the individuals rights (this includes rights to prevent the use of personal data which will cause them damage or distress, to prevent use of personal data for direct marketing, and to have inaccurate information deleted or corrected), be protected by appropriate technical or organisational measures against unauthorised access, processing or accidental loss or destruction. Can you please verify the address and room number? Also, I would use the word "would" instead of "could.". English Language Learners Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of other languages learning English. Please organize the payment for this invoice. Put the payment information in the invoice email and on the invoice itself, along with all the business contact details. to find if he is capable to bring it. If you genuinely prefer the sound of one over the other, you should use it. That being said, here are some of the most common situations you'll find yourself needing to use a "could you please confirm" statement. If your client is over a month late in payment and you're still working with them actively on projects, you can consider pausing current services until the invoice is paid. However, I'm not sure if this is a general rule. Could you please confirm the receipt of this email? You can choose to pay by card now, or by cash on the night. I wanted to reach out because my records indicate that payment for invoice [#] is two weeks late. Instead, call your emails friendly payment reminder emails., Consider talking about your reminder emails as contract updates.. Nothing makes a poor impression like showing up an hour after your scheduled interview because you had the time wrong. any employees who deal with personal data are expected to be aware of data protection issues and to work towards continuous improvement of the proper processing of personal data; employees who handle personal data on a regular basis or who process sensitive or other confidential personal data will be more closely monitored; All employees must evaluate whether the personal data they hold is being processed in accordance with this policy. I would prefer the word please in more formal communications. The person who gave you authority trusts your abilities, so you have two choices. I want you to tell me when you'll be coming, and I use the mark to show this. Repeat the address after you receive it to ensure accuracy. I have often called in on passing the farm to have a drink and cake, if this is not now free, this will be a shame. Security policies and procedures will be regularly monitored and reviewed to ensure data is being kept secure. Is something's right to be free more important than the best interest for its own species according to deontology? Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. I heard using 'could' is for politeness. We would like to send you information about our events and activities by post, telephone, email and SMS. Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Im sorry to hear that day and time no longer work for you. Email Subject: Invoice [#] is Two Weeks Past Due. ', We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. ", "Can you please" vs. "Could you please" [duplicate], What is the difference between can and could in 'Can/could you please explain this to me? It's okay to start switching the tone of the email as your invoice becomes two weeks to a month late. Is variance swap long volatility of volatility? Using either of them doesn't make them sound "over-polite". Explained For Beginners, Is It Correct To Say Kindly Request? I am a non-native speaker of English. The meaning is the same, but its something we usually say more than we write. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Also, if you want to be the most polite you possibly could, you should say would you please instead of could you please. Would refers to something happening in the future. Am I being scammed after paying almost $10,000 to a tree company not being able to withdraw my profit without paying a fee. In Type 1 sentences, what the speaker wants is a verbal response; in Type 2 sentences, the speaker is asking for a non-verbal action, conformity with a rule etc. So what can we do to make this process easier? Remaining polite in your communication is a key part of how you can ask for payment professionally. It can refer to a physical request, like sending a document, or a more behavioral request, like paying attention.. I really enjoyed working on our project together and wanted to reach out to give a quick heads up that Invoice [#] is due one week from today. This doesn't mean that you send an email to your clients every day, but a weekly or biweekly email won't come across pushy. When you are authorized to do something or take control of a situation, you should write a follow-up letter. rev2023.3.1.43269. What To Do if You Are Late Sending a Follow-Up Letter After an Interview? : "I don't know when you'll be coming tomorrow?". Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. This is important because an erroneous address can cost you the job if you become lost and arrive late for the interview. Personal data is data relating to a living individual. 2. Requests that are stated as questions: Would you please point out Is "I want you to" more offensive than "I need you to"? If your professor knows you're not a native English speaker, he should be happy with either of those. Ludwig simply helps me pick the best words for any translation. Both phrases are polite; theres no denying that. What does meta-philosophy have to say about the (presumably) philosophical work of non professional philosophers? Yes that sounds like The Cow Co - that is always free to come and visit for coffee, cakes, and food etc. We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation. Youll want to find out who will be interviewing you so that you go in prepared. It is never wrong. What about the popularity between the two phrases, then? Hence, you should always terminate any sentence beginning with "[Please] could you" with a question mark. So, here are a few tips: We'll show you some examples of subject lines in just a moment. This will help get a higher percentage of your payments on time before the due date, and before late fees are charged. directions; (3) indirect questions; and (4) polite requests that are Any agent employed to process data on our behalf will be bound to comply with this data protection policy by a written contract. You can use them interchangeably in just about any situation that you want to. Based on my records Invoice [#] is overdue as of [date]. When you call, you can ask questions and receive immediate replies. Do people say "I & you" or "me & you" when they hate each other? Your invoice should have, at the very least, a payment due date or time frame, such as Net 30 Days.. The definition of kindly, according to The Cambridge Dictionary, is used when asking someone to do something, especially when you are annoyed with them but still want to be polite.. Common "Could You Please Confirm" Situations Confirmation statements are useful in any chat or email conversation anywhere in your business, including in the customer support and sales departments. Should I include the MIT licence of a library which I use from a CDN. .css-1hd8eav{display:inline-block;position:absolute;text-align:center;left:0;top:0;color:#e0edff;padding:8px;display:-webkit-box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;font-size:1.953125em;}.css-jl56i3{box-sizing:border-box;display:-webkit-box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;max-width:100%;-webkit-flex-shrink:0;-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;-webkit-box-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;pointer-events:none;-webkit-user-select:none;-moz-user-select:none;-ms-user-select:none;user-select:none;display:inline-block;position:absolute;text-align:center;left:0;top:0;color:#e0edff;padding:8px;display:-webkit-box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;font-size:1.953125em;}.css-jl56i3 svg,.css-jl56i3 path{pointer-events:none;} Write down relevant questions to ask before you make the call, which should be brief and to the point. Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Native speakers are used to hearing "can you please" when asking someone to complete a task for them, which is why it's more polite. Here are some tips for getting over your fear of asking for payment: So often we discover that the things we were initially worried about weren't so bad after we tried them. Why did the Soviets not shoot down US spy satellites during the Cold War? +1 This question is a command in meaning (illocutionary act is Directive), but a question in form; the question mark is part of this form, so it should be used. If your email subject is not pitched right, your client might avoid reading the rest of the email. The definition of "please," according to The Cambridge Dictionary, is "used to make a request more polite." Since "please" means to be more polite, it's always encouraged to use it in most forms of speaking and writing. and Would you kindly respond by March 1.

How To Add An Announcement In Schoology, Seton Residence St Paul Mn, Valley Radiology Los Gatos, Statler Hotel Rooftop, Highest Owgr Points Ever, Articles C