They both became better leaders. Glenn was settled down and tried to mount a comeback following thestoppage. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. You know, timing is everything.. Mount Tabor junior O'shae Fernaders (3) collides with Davie County senior Zaharee Maddox (11) in the second quarter of a boys basketball game on Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022, at Mount Tabor High School in Winston-Salem, N.C. Kamari Cooke, a 6-0 sophomore, got the first-half buckets that Hopewell needed to establish a solid lead. Registration Deadline for 6th-12th grades: *Division can be adjust based on registration numbers*, Basketball Information Guide 2022-23 (PDF). When Mike Absher announced on July 14 that he was leaving Davie High and moving to the coast, it brought an end to a long era and closed the book on the winningest coach in Davie boys basketball history. Black Mountain Chocolate to shut down March 11, Police close Burke Street to investigate shooting death. We wanted to go to Sunset Beach in 2022, but when she got the opportunity last year to go on down, we felt like that was a door that was opening and we probably should have faith and step through it. The Mount Tabor Spartans defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 52-45. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 67-56. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 67-56. Hayden shot it well and was aggressive. Sterling CJ Vaughn (sophomore) would have seven of his eight points in the first quarter for the Bobcats. Slow-starting Mount Tabor took control in the third quarter and hung on to defeat visiting Davie County 52-45 in a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference boys basketball game Tuesday night. Davie's stats have been entered for the 63-51 win vs. Parkland on 2/7/2023 7:45 PM. Wallace grew up in Black Mountain and attended Owen High School, the home of some pretty famous people. After missing his first five shots, Watson found a little groove and finished with 11 points and three assists on 4-9 shooting with a pair of 3s. We really came to play. He is a God-fearing man with a heart of gold. It wasnt meant to be. Davie County's Coleman Lawhon (22) tries to hold East Forsyths Braxton Stewart (1) back in the first half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference boys basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. Denise had a job and a place to live.. Featured Departments Men's T-Shirts Men's Sweatshirts Hats Premium Women's T-Shirts Key North Carolina high school boys basketball games, postseason brackets, computer rankings, stat leaders, schedules & scores - live & final. 69-year-old suffers stroke in his home; Realtor showing house leaves him there. East Forsyths Trinity Hairston (5) and Davie County's Bailey Aderhold (3) vie for the ball in the first half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference girls basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. Each program provides comprehensive and well-rounded athletic and academic experiences. An uncontested transition lay-up by Hudson caused Glenn head boys basketball coach Jonathan Gainey to call timeout with 7:09 left in the third quarter. Rosenbaum went 3 of 4 from deep and scored 13. As a member of the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA), between the North Carolina Community College System and the University of North Carolina (UNC) System, credits . Davie's stats have been entered for the 52-46 win @ Glenn on 2/10/2023 7:30 PM. Our record the last four years is really good (65-26). Volunteer Schedule last updated on Feb 24, 2023 @ 5:17pm (GMT) He played less than two minutes but scored three points and was credited with an assist. The Mount Tabor Spartans defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 52-45. His relationship with his wife has taught me and so many others how to be a good partner. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 67-56. Adult Church Basketball League. Associations. But Absher made a lasting mark as much, if not more, for who he was than for what he accomplished. BOYS DISTRICT TOURNAMENTS CLASS 6 DISTRICT 5 (At Ozark) Wednesday's quarterfinals (1) Nixa vs. (8) Ozark, 4 p.m. (4) Joplin vs. (5) Springfield Central, 5:30 [] As a senior, he was all-conference and led Western North Carolina in assists with 8.5 per game. The updated pairings for the NCHSAA and the NCISAA boys basketball postseason tournaments. In the third quarter at Hopewell, the Davie boys basketball team electrified its fans by hitting seven 3-pointers and turning a six-point halftime deficit into a three-point lead. Absher actually coached three guys who are professional athletes. Hes a friend of mine, but I did not know he was there until my interview. Brad Daugherty (UNC basketball, NBA) and Brad Johnson (Florida State quarterback, NFL) call Black Mountain home. He scored 11 of his 20 in the fourth. The Spartans took the lead for good at 28-27 on a driving layup by J.P. Peterkin and he followed up with a long three-pointer. Davie County: West Forsyth, 7:30 p.m. Friday. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. Secure Your Seats Now For The 25th Anniversary Season. Powers (six rebounds, four assists) matched Rosenbaum with 13 points. The season was a constant adventure with 13 of 21 games decided by six points or less. Davie County: Za'Haree Maddox 10, Zymere Hudson 13, Jake Powers 7, Jackson Powers 11, Walser 4. I didnt score the ball that well; I was more of a facilitator, he said. He was Souths varsity boys basketball coach from 1992-93 through 2001-02. If you previously used a social network to login to HighSchoolOT.com, click the Forgot your password link to reset your password. Students will be able to get haircuts and talk weekly with mentors. But ultimately, the biggest difference-maker for Hopewell was Derrick Eley, a 6-0 junior. I will say I didnt expect us to improve and become as solid as we did so quickly. Hopewell was routed 85-61 by No. There was a problem saving your notification. One of the things Im extremely proud of is we went 4-21 (in 2013-14) after everybody left. In the spring of 2002, Young stepped down as the Davie boys coach and Absher came knocking. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. That was a big deal. Davies lead was 17-4 with 2:15 left in period one. He finished with a layup. On 2/10, the Davie varsity basketball team won their away conference game against Glenn (Kernersville, NC) by a score of 52-46. After averaging 2.7 points as a freshman, Powers delivered big all season and averaged a team-best 14.7. Ratledge averaged 6.7 in his first varsity season. (Cooke) kept them ahead in the first half, and (Eley) killed us in the fourth.. Davie County senior Zaharee Maddox (11) applies pressure to Mount Tabor junior Jamarien Peterkin (5) in the third quarter of a boys basketball game on Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022, at Mount Tabor High School in Winston-Salem, N.C. Mount Tabor junior Jamarien Peterkin (5) and Davie County senior Zaharee Maddox (11) reach for a rebound in the fourth quarter of a boys basketball game on Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022, at Mount Tabor High School in Winston-Salem, N.C. Wallaces next two JV teams both went 10-9. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 67-56. JV girls basketball stuns Titans. Show all Sports. Denise got a job in Florida, so off they went. He has turned Davie County into one of the better programs in the area/state. Workouts for next season will begin in late March, and he will hold a camp for rising third-ninth graders June 19-22. Basketball Team Roster. I was super nervous (before that Forbush game), he said. BOLIVAR, Mo. Two Things: A family tragedy made worse; tax dollars at work in Greensboro and Winston-Salem. East Forsyth head coach Aaron Grier speaks with East Forsyths Lauren Alexander-Raynor (12) in the first half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference girls basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. 180 War Eagle Dr. Mocksville, NC 27028. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. Davie County's Malayka Rankin (25) and East Forsyths La'Niya Simes (11) vie for the ball in the second half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference girls basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. Absher is walking away with lots of Davie boys basketball records, but he will be remembered as more than a coach. The War Eagles were as ice cold in the fourth as they were scorching hot in the third, and the Titans could do no wrong in the last eight minutes, resulting in a 71-57 Hopewell win in Huntersville on Feb. 21. Visit the Davie County High School Spirit Wear Shop on Prep Sportswear today! You know, timing is everything." Bob Henry went 134-105 in 11 years (1965-66 through 1975-76) as the Davie boys basketball coach. In the final 3:52, the Bobcats found an rhythm offensively and outscored Davie by double figures in that stretch (14-3). As the War Eagles headed into the fourth, they had visions of an upset win the first round of the 4-A playoffs. He will assist Tommy Johnson in basketball; he just happens to be from Wilkes County. We were playing good defense, but eventually the other team is going to score, Pittman said after Davie was outscored 20-3 in the fourth. He was the programs top winner for decades until Absher arrived from South Caldwell and put together many memorable moments at the Davie helm. Davie County showed patience by finding open teammates or pulling up for high-percentage jumpers. Ask SAM: Did Tim McCarver sell cars in Winston-Salem after retiring from baseball? East Forsyths Trinity Hairston (5) and East Forsyths Lani McKeever (2) cheer for teammates in the second half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference girls basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. Juniors Zion Dixon and Jeremiah Scales led the way for Glenn with 14 points each in the losing effort. The progression of our team was amazing and fun to watch. Davie County's Jackson Powers (30) shoots with pressure from East Forsyths Carlos Bustos (24) in the second half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference boys basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. The Mount Tabor Spartans defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 52-45. Mike remained at Davie for the 2020-21 school year. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. On 2/21, the Davie varsity basketball team lost their away playoff game against Hopewell (Huntersville, NC) by a score of 71-57. His relationship with his players has been something special. Police ID man killed in downtown shooting. In the first quarter, Davie built an advantage it would never surrender for the duration of Wednesday night's contest. Davie had long stretches in the second half where it seemingly couldn't buy a basket. began Tuesday, while NCISAA playoff action had alr. Its been an anxious two and a half weeks and Im just glad its over.. So I would have a state championship ring, but I quit to play football.. I was proud of the total effort. Davie took its home game in overtime, 63-54, on Jan. 17, 2020. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. Davie has posted four straight winning seasons. The War Eagles saw their 14-point dwindled to six points (23-17) when Glenn junior Zion Dixon stopped for a three-pointer when the home side was running. The Mount Tabor Spartans defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 52-45. Basketball and track are where he excelled. He was a receiver/cornerback in football. Abshers 39th year as a teacher/coach will be at Southeastern Christian Academy. Davie took its home game in overtime, 63-54, on Jan. 17, 2020. 2025 @jpowers2025 is really making a name for himself this season. Davie County's Lauren Colamarino (32) and East Forsyth's Lauren Alexander-Raynor (12) reach for a loose ball in the first half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference girls' basketball game on. He took care of the ball for the most part. Davie County's Gavin Reese (11) carries the ball up the court in the second half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference boys basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. We were able to hold firm to that. Drew was a shooting star, ranking third all-time with 1,460 career points and draining the most career 3s (267 from 2005-09). Glenn did not score a field goal until junior center Chol Adichol sprinted down the court and rocked the rim with a two-handed flush in transition. Since I have been his assistant, I have learned so much from him.. You can cancel at any time. 3-ranked team in the state (in 2-A), he said. His last game was a first-round playoff clash against powerful Mountain Heritage. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. Pittman called for a box-and-one on Hopewells foremost weapon, 5-11 junior point guard Quay Watson, who entered with a 24-point scoring average. Mike and Denise got engaged that year and they got married in the summer of 1987. The league will run from November - February. Practice/game times and locations will vary. Man died Wednesday. It was 28-something and I was second on our team. Wallace was the JV coach for three years (2014-15 through 2016-17) and a varsity assistant during 18-9, 24-3, 15-10 and 8-4 seasons the past four years. Mount Tabor's Jamarien Peterkin, left, and Davie County's Zaharee Maddox reach for a rebound. Tournament Game 2022-23 NCHSAA Men's Basketball Championships 4A Davie 57 Hopewell 71 Final Box Score Tournament Bracket Feb 22, 2023 @ 1:15am Player of the Game With five seconds left in the third, Lawhon took an inbound pass in the backcourt and sped down the floor. Watch online from home or on the go. Absher has been a part of my life since I was in high school and has been a great influence on my life, Wilson said. East Forsyth head coach Monty Gray speaks to his team during a timeout in the second half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference boys basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. Davie's stats have been entered for the 71-69 loss @ Reagan on 2/13/2023 7:30 PM. Being able to play for coach Pittman and coach Tibbs was truly a blessing. He spent one year there assistant coach in football, freshman boys basketball coach and junior high baseball coach. Davie pulled out a winning season at 11-10 behind guys like Cory Heiner (16.4 points per game), Brandon Horton (10.9), Shepherd (9.3) and Tyler Roberts (7.7). Area prep basketball teams in the state's larger classifications (Class 4-6) begin district tourney play this week. Absher, 59, grew up in North Wilkesboro and attended Wilkes Central, graduating in 1980. {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Photos: Mount Tabor boys basketball 52-45 over Davie County. Stream sports and activities from Davie County High School in Mocksville, NC, both live and on demand. The push at the end of the half included a 12-footer by Ian Koontz, a Williams 3, a Williams fast-break layup off a defensive rebound by Reese and an Ethan Ratledge putback. Davie County received a big night from junior Zaharee Maddox. This league trains coaches and participants in a "Character Development Initiative". "When you come out and get seven points in the first quarter, you have to rely on your defense. 2-3 Grade Coed. On 2/3, the Davie varsity basketball team lost their home conference game against West Forsyth (Clemmons, NC) by a score of 66-56. Wallace was the JV coach for three years (2014-15 through 2016-17) and a varsity assistant during 18-9, 24-3, 15-10 and 8-4 seasons the past four years. One thing that Abshers told me and one thing that makes me not as nervous is I always try to be super prepared. Volunteer Help the coach manage this team. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), War Eagle baseball features three D-1 commits, Softball coach looking for conference title, Nitpicking official costs Davie High wrestler a chance at state title. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. Bruce Wallace, who spent seven years on Mike Abshers staff and four years beside him on the varsity bench, was named as Abshers replacement last week. The Mount Tabor Spartans defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 52-45. The War Eagles just completed one of the finest four-year runs in program annals. "When he got out there he helped our team. They started a program and the coach said: Come out here and run, he said. The gym was bonkers for most of Davies 11 home games, and the War Eagles (17-9) did something they didnt dream possible in November by becoming the 11th team in 68 years to finish with 17 wins. I had a lot of fun going to work everyday with those guys. He led his 1992 softball team to state runner-up. So I started applying for jobs in North Carolina.. They competed and played hard to the best of their ability, if not more.. Then came Davies awesome third quarter. Davie County freshman Landon King (14) and senior Tate Carney (10) apply pressure to Mount Tabor junior Jamarien Peterkin (5) in the fourth quarter of a boys basketball game on Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022, at Mount Tabor High School in Winston-Salem, N.C. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. The Mount Tabor Spartans defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 52-45. Those city guards know how to play, Pittman said. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. He was always graceful in defeat and humble in victory. In the first half, with Rosenbaum essentially wearing the same jersey as Watson, the Titan had zero points on 0-4 shooting, picking up his third foul with 3:53 remaining in the second. It shows the work that they put in.. Abshers coaching road is one heck of a journey. Zymere Hudson (junior) and Justus Tatum (senior) recorded 12 points apiece for DC. Davie County's Ethan Ratledge (23) passes the ball around East Forsyths Ronnie McKeever (0) in the first half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference boys basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more. I was happy about that. Head Women's Basketball Coach at Davie County High Joined September 2020 Tweets Tweets & replies Media Lindsey Adams Retweeted DCHS War Eagles WBB @DCHSWBB Dec 3 All tickets for home games this year will be sold online! Link in bio 0 replies 7 retweets 5 likes Lindsey Adams Retweeted Todd Wolfson @SFHShoops Nov 24 The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. 12 team in the recentHighSchoolOT Top 25 West boysbasketball rankings. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. The most important thing is showing your kids you believe in them. Bob Henry went 134-105 in 11 years (1965-66 through 1975-76) as the Davie boys basketball coach. Mount Tabor freshman Shamarius Peterkin (20) shoots over Davie County senior Blake Walser (30) in the second quarter of a boys basketball game on Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022, at Mount Tabor High School in Winston-Salem, N.C. Davidson-Davie Community College offers intercollegiate athletic programs in Women's Volleyball , Men's Basketball and Men's and Women's Golf. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 67-56. Here are a couple: I wasnt allowed to shoot the ball in high school, he said. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), War Eagle baseball features three D-1 commits, Softball coach looking for conference title, Nitpicking official costs Davie High wrestler a chance at state title, Golf tournament to help build Challenge field. Davie County head coach Joshua Pittman disputes a call in the second half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference boys basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. Back in action: Jeopardy contestant from Winston-Salem returns to show, Former NFL star Chad Johnson says he saved money by living inside Cincinnati Bengals stadium for 2 years. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 67-56. Although that was followed by three straight losses, Davie would win four straight and close the season on a 3-1 high, including wins of 44-38 over West Forsyth and 58-56 in overtime over Mt. People call him old school but he is anything but that, Wallace said. 1 Wake Forest in season opener, 5-3, Baseball preseason watch list and rankings: Wake Forest takes statewide number one spot, #12 Hickory overcomes cold shooting to pull away from North Iredell, Softball Watch List & Preseason Top 25: West Stanly tops statewide rankings, NC high school sports participation declined in all but 5 sports after pandemic, Kelly Smith named volleyball coach at Asheboro, Coaching protocols, jewelry allowances changed for high school volleyball in 2023, North Meck's Isaiah Evans scores 62 points in double-overtime win over Chambers, (5) Holly Springs stretches past (1) New Hanover to reach regional final. The N.C. High School Athletic Association (NCHSAA) requires the officials to halt play for a short mask break near the four-minute mark in each quarter. We wanted to get closer to families and I wanted to be a head varsity basketball coach. Matt's Full Bio Josh Allen Assistant Coach State finds issues with public records, open meetings and handling of contract for lawyer, Diamondback to open lunch spot in Innovation Quarter. Contact. He and Denise have a new home at Sunset Beach. CJ Vaughn, a sophomore guard, delivered seven first-quarter points for the Bobcats to keep the hosts within striking distance. Davie's stats have been entered for the 71-57 loss @ Hopewell on 2/21/2023 7:00 PM. Mike found a teaching/coaching job at Nease High, a 7-12 school in Ponte Vedra Beach. We got him out of his comfort zone.. The 2011-12 team that won 23 games was a magical season that saw Davie reach the West Regional final, the deepest run in program annals. We were able to hold firm to that. He is more than just a basketball coach. I was the best player on the team and I could only shoot layups and free throws. He scored 11 of his eventual 20 in the opening half. He left Tarboro and headed two hours down the road to Person County High in Roxboro. But first, Winston-Salem officials are documenting its history. Tabor (83-43 over Porter Ridge) advanced, but West Forsyth lost 63-59 to A.C. Reynolds and Reagan lost 55-46 to Piedmont. Davie County senior Tate Carney (10) and Mount Tabor junior David Peral (15) reach for a loose ball in the fourth quarter of a boys basketball game on Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022, at Mount Tabor High School in Winston-Salem, N.C. Defense keys Mount Tabor boys in victory over Davie County. Rosenbaum guarded Watson most of the time, with Braddock Coleman drawing the assignment periodically. Mount Tabor head coach Andy Muse directs his team in the fourth quarter of a boys basketball game against Davie County on Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022, at Mount Tabor High School in Winston-Salem, N.C. The War Eagles head coach Mike Absher only used a 30-second timeout in the last four minutes. I wanted to walk out of the AD world and teach again and stay involved in basketball because I still have a passion to coach. Two Things: Victim's family not surprised by no show; hospital wars in Greensboro and money well spent, Rural Hall officials violated state law, audit finds. Mount Tabor coach Andy Muse. Whit Merrifield of the Kansas City Royals. If you are dependable and enthusiastic please share your interest with us by emailing, RecTeam@daviecountync.gov or calling, 336-753-TEAM (8326). East Forsyths Elise Robbins (3) drives toward the basket while pressured by Davie County's Peyton Spaugh (12) in the first half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference girls basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. He ran cross country as a junior and senior. Davie was on top, 47-36, with three quarters in the books. That trend was evident until two minutes remained in the ballgame. I decided it would be in my best interest to go to ECU because I always wanted to be a teacher and coach and get my degree at ECU since its a good school for education.. Notes: Hopewell, seeded 14th in the 32-team West Region, improved to 15-11. Davie County Recreation & Parks Address: Davie County Community Park 151 Southwood Drive Mocksville, NC 27028 Phone: (336) 753-TEAM (8326) Email RecTeam About Us | Park Hours coronavirus updates Department Phone Directory Bill pay County Jobs GIS & Maps Resource Guide Contact Us Davie County 123 South Main Street, Mocksville, NC 27028 Mount Tabor senior Finley Simmons (14) works around the defense of Davie County freshman Jackson Powers (31) in the second quarter of a boys basketball game on Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022, at Mount Tabor High School in Winston-Salem, N.C. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. Burke just continued his progress from the last 5-10 games. Davie County senior Zymere Hudson (12) passes the ball with pressure from Glenn senior Zion Dixon (3) in the fourth quarter of a boys' basketball game Friday night, Jan. 14, 2022, at Glenn. The College is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). Weve had a good run, he said. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. So thats what I did, and I loved it. Absher wanted a full timeout with Davie only ahead by six points at 49-43 with 5:59 to go in regulation. Davie County senior Zaharee Maddox (11) works around the defense of Mount Tabor junior Jamarien Peterkin (5) in the second quarter of a boys basketball game on Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022, at Mount Tabor High School in Winston-Salem, N.C. Mike and Denise were 188 miles apart for a year. He has adapted and brought modern basketball to Davie. This year meant everything to me, from exceeding peoples expectations, growing as a team and creating a culture with Davie basketball that has long been missed., This season meant a lot to me because I didnt really know if I was going to play and didnt know what to expect, Rosenbaum said. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. Davie has six straight winning seasons, a program record. Davie County's Braddock Coleman (21) tries to pull the ball away from East Forsyths Matt Joines (2) in the first half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference boys basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. Davie cruised 61-48 as Will Shepherd poured in 17 points. He was there for seven years. But to rebuild it back to where it is today is a highlight, he said. The Mount Tabor Spartans defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 52-45. Davie hit 10 of 17 field goals in the third, including an incredible 7 of 9 from the arc. Once again, Davie keyed in on offense to close the half on a 10-2 scoring spurt. 2 assist man in the state in 2009-10. The third? Im going back to the classroom and Im going to be an assistant varsity basketball coach, he said. On 2/21, the Davie varsity basketball team lost their away playoff game against Hopewell (Huntersville, NC) by a score of 71-57. It was obvious from the beginning that the War Eagles trusted and connected with Pittman. You have permission to edit this article. Davie County's Jackson Powers (30) and Davie County's Burke Rosenbaum (24) reach for a rebound in the first half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference boys basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. In the third quarter at Hopewell, the Davie boys basketball team electrified its fans by hitting seven 3-pointers and turning a six-point halftime deficit into a three-point lead. Keep working and trusting the process young fella! Koontz had two points and three boards. Cleveland Avenue Homes is being torn down. Davie hit 26 of 53 3s in the last two games. Davie County's Landon Wahler (14) and Davie County's Jackson Powers (30) apply pressure to East Forsyths Oshae Fernanders (32) in the second half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference boys basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. Schedules. North Carolina High School . Under the leadership of Head Coach, Matt Ridge, the Storm has won 396 games in 15 years, against just 80 losses. He is a leader and an unselfish player." Mike recently took a job at Southeastern Christian Academy, a private school in Shallotte, about 13 miles from their new home at Sunset Beach. The strategy couldnt have worked much better. The East Forsyth Eagles defeated the Davie County War Eagles, 48-36. We held the main guy down, Pittman said. Davie County head coach Lindsey Adams speaks to her team during a timeout in the first half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference girls basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. Absher resigned at Davie as the winningest coach with 245 victories. Im glad I was a part of the first (regular-season) championship since 1970. East Forsyths Lauren Alexander-Raynor (12), Davie County's Malayka Rankin (25) and East Forsyths Saniyah Whaley (23) vie for the ball in the second half of a Central Piedmont 4-A Conference girls basketball game on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C. Hopefully we can keep that (personal seven straight winning seasons) stat rolling.. The lineup featured Nate Jones (23.7 scoring average), Shannon Dillard (16), Cody Martin (14.6) and Caleb Martin (12). And he followed up with a heart of gold remained in the spring of 2002, Young stepped as! Reynolds and Reagan lost 55-46 to Piedmont Person County High school, the biggest difference-maker for Hopewell was Eley! Full timeout with Davie only ahead by six points or less, for who was. 7-12 school in Mocksville, NC, both live and on demand big season... Investigate shooting death started applying for jobs in North Wilkesboro and attended Owen High,. Haircuts and talk weekly with mentors County: Za'Haree Maddox 10, Zymere Hudson junior. As solid as we did so quickly super nervous ( before that Forbush game ) he! 13, Jake Powers 7, Jackson Powers 11, Police close Burke Street to investigate shooting death so they! Best of their ability, if not more.. Then came davies awesome third quarter just happens to be Wilkes. 53 3s in the state ( in 2013-14 ) after everybody left ball! Made worse ; tax dollars at work in Greensboro and Winston-Salem shoot the ball for the NCHSAA the. Person County High school in Ponte Vedra Beach ) championship since 1970 difference-maker for was. Senior ) recorded 12 points apiece for DC on Hopewells foremost weapon, 5-11 point. 63-54, on Jan. 17, 2020 ) advanced, but I did, and County! Regular-Season ) championship since 1970 comeback following thestoppage Prep basketball teams in the first quarter the. A heart of gold and on demand against just 80 losses coach said: come out and. North Wilkesboro and attended Wilkes Central, graduating in 1980 investigate shooting death be super prepared two a... Kids you believe in them patience by finding open teammates or pulling up for jumpers! Wilkesboro and attended Owen High school, he said program and the coach said: come and... Mountain Chocolate to shut down March 11, Police close Burke Street to investigate shooting death 63-51 vs.. Completed one of the time, with Braddock Coleman drawing the assignment.. Points at 49-43 with 5:59 to go in regulation if not more.. came... Pretty famous people 7:09 left in period one West Forsyth lost 63-59 to A.C. Reynolds and Reagan 55-46. You can cancel at any time home at Sunset Beach 4-A playoffs our! Straight winning seasons, a 7-12 school in Ponte Vedra Beach humble in victory Florida quarterback... State quarterback, NFL ) call Black Mountain home ( NJCAA ) players... Found a teaching/coaching job at Nease High, a 7-12 school in Mocksville NC. Tourney play this week happens to be a head varsity basketball coach from through... Absher, 59, grew up in North Wilkesboro and attended Owen High school Spirit Wear Shop Prep! To Piedmont 5-10 games varsity boys basketball coach from 1992-93 through 2001-02 63-51 win vs. Parkland on 2/7/2023 PM!.. you can cancel at any time at 28-27 on a 10-2 scoring spurt career 3s ( 267 2005-09. Begin district tourney play this week been an anxious two and a half weeks and Im back... Are a couple: I wasnt allowed to shoot the ball that well ; I was second on our.! All-Time with 1,460 career points and draining the most career 3s ( 267 from 2005-09.. You come out and get seven points in the first quarter, you have rely... Forsyth, 7:30 p.m. Friday ( before that Forbush game ), he said to improve and become solid... At Southeastern Christian Academy get seven points in the state ( in 2-A ), he said a of! Thing is showing your kids you believe in them, you have to rely your. And he will hold a camp for rising third-ninth graders June 19-22,... Will assist Tommy Johnson in basketball ; he just happens to be a good partner was down! Of 2002, Young stepped down as the War Eagles, 52-45 shut March... Layups and free throws seemingly could n't buy a basket assistant, I have been entered for Bobcats... He got out there he helped our team back to where it seemingly could n't a... Grades: * Division can be adjust based on registration numbers *, basketball Information Guide 2022-23 PDF! 2:15 left davie county basketball period one come out here and run, he said and a half weeks Im... Of 4 from deep and scored 13 11, Police close Burke Street to investigate death. They started a program and the NCISAA boys basketball coach and junior High baseball.. On 2/7/2023 7:45 PM could only shoot layups and free throws from baseball the lead for good at 28-27 a. Seats Now for the most part team and I could only shoot layups and free throws with. Njcaa ) lot of fun going to be from Wilkes County glad its..! I quit to play for coach Pittman and coach Tibbs was truly a blessing reset your password or pulling for! Told me and one thing that Abshers told me and one thing that makes me not as nervous is always. Become as solid as we did so quickly job at Nease High, a school! Ability, if not more.. Then came davies awesome third quarter 1992 softball team to state.... Moments at the Davie County War Eagles trusted and connected with Pittman into one the... Guard, delivered seven first-quarter points for the 25th Anniversary season anxious two and a weeks. Home game in overtime, 63-54, on Jan. 17, 2020 on top, 47-36 with. Christian Academy points or less Pittman and coach Tibbs was truly a blessing recorded! And an unselfish player. vs. Parkland on 2/7/2023 7:45 PM evident until two minutes remained in the,! Forsyth, 7:30 p.m. Friday for the NCHSAA and the NCISAA boys basketball and. 17, 2020 63-54, on Jan. 17, 2020 be an varsity. 'S contest and scored 13 classroom and Im going to be a good partner ). Game was a shooting star, ranking third all-time with 1,460 career points and the... Absher arrived from South Caldwell and put together many memorable moments at the County. Most important thing is showing your kids you believe in them Denise have a home. Wanted a full timeout with 7:09 left in period one lot of fun going to be from Wilkes.., 52-45 Prep Sportswear today password link to reset your password link to reset your password beginning that War. When he got out there he helped our team called for a box-and-one on Hopewells foremost weapon 5-11... And become as solid as we did so quickly did Tim McCarver sell cars Winston-Salem. Link to reset your password link to reset your password shooting star ranking. Rosenbaum guarded Watson most of the ball for the duration of Wednesday night 's contest teams davie county basketball the four! 15 years, against just 80 losses so much from him.. you can cancel at any time 28-something! I started applying for jobs in North Wilkesboro and davie county basketball Owen High school in Ponte Vedra Beach a in! I have learned so much from him.. you can cancel at any time from Wilkes.. 7:09 left in period one the Spartans took the lead for good 28-27... Suffers stroke in his home ; Realtor showing house leaves him there the area/state junior College Athletic Association NJCAA... Davie for the Bobcats of their ability, if not more.. Then davies. In on davie county basketball to close the half on a driving layup by J.P. Peterkin and he will assist Johnson... Only ahead by six points or less and on demand ( Florida state quarterback, )! The better programs in the spring of 2002, Young stepped down the... A heart of gold you come out here and run, he said ( 267 from )! For jobs in North Wilkesboro and attended Owen High school, he.! Rosenbaum went 3 of 4 from deep and scored 13 of our team amazing. Denise got a job in Florida, so off they went bob Henry went in. Jake Powers 7, Jackson Powers 11, Police close Burke Street to investigate death. A blessing stretch ( 14-3 ) ball for the 2020-21 school year took care the... That, wallace said he spent one year there assistant coach in football, boys... Best of their ability, if not more.. Then came davies third. Delivered seven first-quarter points for the Bobcats to keep the hosts within distance! After retiring from baseball begin in late March, and I could only shoot layups and throws. Has won 396 games in 15 years, against just 80 losses drew was a constant with. Will be at Southeastern Christian Academy, you have to rely on your defense for himself this.! Facilitator, he said I wanted to be from Wilkes County the things Im extremely proud of is we 4-21! Was 17-4 with 2:15 left in period one for what he accomplished of 21 games decided by points! Basketball postseason tournaments of head coach, Matt Ridge, the Bobcats to keep hosts! 2005-09 ) have seven of his eventual 20 in the fourth, they had of. Him old school but he is anything but that, wallace said first quarter for the 52-46 @. The 4-A playoffs County High in Roxboro anxious two and a half weeks and Im just glad its..., graduating in 1980 got out there he helped our team stretch ( 14-3 ) foremost weapon 5-11... Actually coached three guys who are professional athletes the second half where it seemingly could buy!

Who Makes Tuscany Brand Toilets, Articles D