Chadwell's change of venue motion cited other news outlets from outside of Lafayette thathave quoted Chadwell's family speculating about whether he might have killed Libby and Abby. He said someone knows who the killer is but was keeping quiet because of "extreme fear". "It is maybe ten feet [3m] across. "Yesterday was worse than today, but I kept off social media and stayed to myself and stayed quiet," said Williams. Police released two very different sketches of the face of the killer, one soon after the murder and another based on an interview with a person who may have seen the culprit near Monon High Bridge on the day of the murder. "The hill was still pretty steep and my shoes were sliding down in the mud. This is one opinion I have not waivered from. I have always had a passion for following true crime but for obvious reasons this case is really weighing heavy on my heart. He is walking at a fast pace across the rail bridge planks, which is no mean feat as they are separated by sizeable gaps, towards the girls. What are your theories about the Delphi murder case? Also living there were Cynthia Stoltzmann's daughter, Sammantha, and her son-in-law, John Allen, both 23, and twelve or more children. This is the location of the final death march by Abby Williams, 13, and Liberty German, 14, after they recorded their murderer's chilling command to go "down the hill". "Because this is not a singular issue.". But the Redmonds opted to stay home that night because Marilyn'smother, Helen Phelps, was visiting, Kelly said. What happened on that unusually warm February day remains a mystery to this day to everyone but Liberty German, Abigail Williams and the man who murdered them. View Source Suggest Edits Memorial Photos Flowers Memorials Region North America USA Indiana Carroll County Pittsburg You're going to wear that? All three men were ultimatelyconvicted on two counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted first-degree murder and sentenced to death. "I don't sleep much," said Patty, knowing that the man in the sketch is walking the streets. The family first told the police officers that Ame was playing hide-n-seek and locked herself in the trunk the night before, after the adults went to sleep. "Our hearts are heavy for our brothers and sisters of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and the family of Deputy Juan M. Ruiz His sacrifice to the community and life-giving donation is immeasurable," Scottsdale Police said of his organ donation. I agree with a lot of what you're saying. The girls throats were injured in the course of their deaths, either through strangulation or by being cut with a knife. Someone may have taken advantage of him, his land, and knowing the area. The girlss bikes and Lyrics cell phone were found less than two hours into the search, having been abandoned on a trail at Meyers Lake. The fact that they are holding the landowner seemed promising to me when first reported. As part of the investigation, in December of 2021, the Indiana State Police asked the public for any information in connection to the profile. His family made a selfless act to donate his organs, so many others can live on and represent his legacy.". Hundreds lined the streets of Delphi on Sunday as Liberty 'Libby' German, 14, was taken to be buried. Was over-dressed for the weather, likely to conceal DNA. Chadwell stopped his assault and answered the door when police knocked, according to prosecutors. Hooper, 76, was sentenced to death for his role in the 1980 New Year's Eve murders of William Patrick Redmond, 46, and his 70-year-old mother-in-law Helen Genevieve Phelps. After the shootings, Marilyn Redmond remembered rolling off the bed and crawling to the family room with her hands still bound behind her back. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. This office will seek justice for Deputy Ruiz and his family.". During the fight, Deputy Ruiz tried to call for backup on his radio, but he was beaten unconscious by Hurley, Penzone said. I also think the part that baffles me the most was that it was such a bold crime. I live very close to Delphi, and I want this guy off the streets. I don't blame the police though. I know there is a recording and I know there is a decent picture, but this is America where traveling is really easy to do. Sheriff Penzone said Deputy Ruiz never regained consciousness and his organs were donated after his passing on Monday. [5] Police claimed the family abused Ame because they did not believe she was a blood relative. [1], The family had often moved and had lived in Pennsylvania, Utah, Texas and Tucson, Arizona, among other places. Media coverage from Lafayette toNew York and the United Kingdomis enough to justify a change of venue for accused attempted murder defendant James Brian Chadwell Jr.,according to his attorneys. All of it keeps Libby German's grandpa, Mike Patty, up at night. Unnamed neighbors toldThe Republic the Redmonds wererecluses, saying they kept to themselves in theyear they lived in the area. Did Diane Schuler Have Auto Brewery Syndrome? "I didn't want to go on the side where the girls went, because there was a no trespassing sign right by the driveway, and this side looked steeper than the side I went down. "Somedays you just have to do that.". The girls bodies may have been dragged, there may have been drag marks near where they were found. Police found the bodies of Liberty "Libby" German, 14, and. Knows how to navigate rough or unchartered terrain. He was granted a retrial two years later, which ended with a hung jury. May have become unusually interested in news reports about the case or otherwise involved himself in the case such as talking excessively about it, compulsively reading news articles, or helping with the search party. Further, the time 2pm, or the hours of 1-3pm, may also be significant to him. Flags at all state buildings will be lowered to half-staff on Oct.12 to honor Ruiz. After he is done, he goes back to his backpack, changes and returns to his car at the cps bldg. Has a substance or alcohol abuse problem. His wife, Marilyn Ruth Redmond, 47at the time, was also shot in the back of the head at their home in Phoenix thateveningand left for dead. He made himself a media whore, and he sure is paying the price in the public eye. History of rape, assault, and/or domestic abuse, Was a lone killer, did not have an accomplice. This case has been driving me crazy. Everywhere you look in Delphi, there are reminders of Abby and Libby. At 2.09pm, Libby, used her mobile phone to upload a picture of Abby walking on the iconic bridge to Snapchat. If you have information on the Evansdale murder, contact law enforcement at 319-232-6682. Newly released interview transcripts of police and one man reveal more details about the investigation into the death of two Indiana teenage girls. If you look on a elevation map, its an extremely flat part in a hilly area. He may get out of work around this time or does not work a job where he would be missed during the early afternoon hours. Was wearing a hat (most likely a camouflage hunting cap with ear flaps or pageboy cap), hooded sweatshirt, scarf, and blue jeans on the day of the Delphi murders. That tells me he planned these murders very meticulously with nothing left to chance. May have changed his appearance after the crime (cut or dyed his hair, trimmed facial hair, disposed of clothing, etc). The accusations of luring a child to a private location to commit a brutal crime begged the question of whether Carroll County officials were investigating . But after five days,former Phoenix police officer Edward Lonzo McCall, Jr., was bookedin connection with the New Year's Eve slayings,and reportsbegan to swirl about a murder-for-hire scheme. It's such a tragic case, I can't shake it. That said, I did find it interesting to review the rumors that were being discussed shortly after the murders. "So I went off down at that end, only I went on the other side of the bridge," she said. I am so glad you posed this question because I've had a lot of theories and thoughts but didn't really know where to express them. The plant, called Indiana Packers, is From a local: they process hogs into pork, and its a horrible job that a LOT of people who are otherwise unemployable, whether due to criminal backgrounds or poor references from prior employers, end up doing. The location where the girls bodies were found is only about 2.5-3 miles from the plant. All i know is that whatever they went through was horrendous and I'll be happy for answers. Also, I do agree that the girls were taken somewhere and then dumped afterwards. There are reports from witnesses at the funeral that both girls were wearing scarves around their necks in the open caskets. DELPHI, Ind. Nothing less is acceptable.". "Unless someone absolutely somehow studied that [trail] in great depth, they would not know specifically where certain things were," Leazenby said. "We have a murderer walking around who took two innocent lives well before their time. Chadwell continues to beinvestigated to determine if he's connected to the Delphi killings,Leazenby confirmed Monday,adding that so are other possible suspects. In my mind it just seems unfathomable that there could be photographic and audio evidence of the suspect and he is still at large. [7] Sammantha and John Allen's bail bonds were both set at $1 million. You really have to ask the following questions, imo: How did BG (bridge guy) know the girls were on the trail? It seems plausible that the killer could have committed his crimes in one of those buildings. I know that a lot of people speculate that this was not a crime of opportunity, but I think it was. The homeowner was someone he knew and they reportedly had a history of conflict. May be familiar with the Delphi, Indiana area as well as the Meyers Lake/Bremer County areas of Iowa. Nothing more. We have our local rumors too. Idk if he's an actual suspect, but the police certainly jumped on the opportunity to detain him for his probation violations and have kept him in custody. The Monon High Bridge trail. Are there any interstate/rest areas within walking distance to the crimes? ", The Phoenix Police Department said, "Our thoughts go out to our brothers & sisters at the (MCSO) & the entire #Arizona community after the horrific death of Deputy Juan "Johnny" Ruiz.". I also have never really seen this type of descrection from law enforcement (as in not releasing information pertaining to their cause of death, time of death, what evidence they have, if DNA was present, etc..) Although I do understand they are trying to protect the integrity of the case which is a good thing, it just has left me with so many questions. The search resumed the next day and around noon, a searcher spotted the girls' bodies about 15m from the north bank of Deer Creek, on the 12-hectare property of 77-year-old Ron Logan, who was not considered a suspect. Uh, yeah, so not your suspect. Cause of death for Lyric & Elizabeth has also not been released. That search warrant served at his home may have been part of a plan by LE to try to get RL to crack. She was covered in blood. State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them. That part was a matter of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, I think. Sad truth is Mr Logan has paid a price for violating his probation while a murderer walks free. Then the trunk was padlocked. The hill the girls were forced down is steeper, and once on it, a person would feel "trapped with no way out". Experiences extreme feelings of entitlement and is prone to rage and outbursts. And here is why I think its a local or someone who has local access to a property in the area: The navigation to the murder spot. That makes me wonder if they were held somewhere and then placed later? It's also a melting pot of everyone sort of looking like anybody else. I cannot believe that the suspect has yet to be identified. She went on to co-author a book False Arrest about the experience, which was later adapted into a movie. It is the Monon High Bridge, a hiking trail near the tiny Indiana town of Delphi, 100km northwest of Indianapolis. He was hospitalized in stable condition, according to Sheriff Penzone. The bodies of Liberty German and Abigail Williams were found on Feb. 14, 2017, after the two teens from Delphi, Ind. He gets his gun and murder kit (access to a car or property for these items), Follows and hunts them down towards the end of the bridge. "So now the question is, what is this community willing to do to make sure that this suspect goes back to prison or somewhere else for the actions against this deputy?" [15][16][17], Last edited on 26 February 2023, at 23:55, List of women on death row in the United States, "Phoenix girl's death in footlocker horrifies mom", "Details emerge of a life of horror for Phoenix girl who died", "Phoenix police: 4 people arrested in child's death", "Ame Deal's Father Trying to Bail Monsters Who Murdered His Daughter Out of Jail", "School officials in Utah reported abuse of Ame Deal", "Phoenix Police: Abuse of Ame Deal "Makes You Sick to Your Stomach. That same friend, Floyd Kelly, said he and his wife, Verna, planned to attend a New Year's Eve party at the Redmond home the night of the murders. May also be familiar with southeastern Tennessee, specifically the Bledsoe County area. Both cases involved young females between the ages of 8-14. Or, maybe they did find something, and they are trying to get a confession. Deputies were unable to locate the suspect, identified as Clinton Robert Hurley. What about your hair?' I am committed to pursuing justice for Deputy Ruiz to the fullest extent of the law against the suspect. We were all so proud to see him achieve his dream," said Ruiz's brother, Francisco Ruiz. She was acquitted in 1985 after a third trial. Libby and Abby were lured off of the Delphi trails east of the city and forced to a secluded place along the banks of the Deer Creek, where they were killed. Parks at the cps bldg in the early morning and walks around. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill.". This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Their bodies bore "strange signatures" at the kill site across Deer Creek in woodland 2km out of town. Friends Libby German, 14, and Abby Williams, 13, left school early and were dropped off around 1:45pm by a relative to go hiking on trails near the Moon High Bridge in Delphi, Indiana. Also, during the interview with investigators, WISH-TV reported, Kline said he used the account to obtain photos and videos of a sexual nature featuring underage girls. Killer is somewhat familiar with the local area. I check everyday for updates hoping I will read that they have identified this monster who committed this heinous act. "That isn't a guy, that's a barricade that has been removed and now is standing along the woods.". I don't know what goes through this person's mind, but before he strikes again and puts some other family through what we're going through, we need to get him off the streets," he added. If married or partnered, it is a distant and likely abusive relationship. LH told news.com.au the it took her an hour to cross Monon High Bridge and once she had done so, she wasn't going to cross back the same way, crawling on her knees. It has been suggested this meant the crime scene had signs of satanic ritual, but there is no evidence of that nor any indication by police how the girls were murdered. Send police your tips on this case by calling (844) 459-5786 or emailing your tip to abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com. Theconviction was again overturned four years later and in 1995 Cruz was acquitted followinga fifth trial. Carried a deer kit fanny-pack, which may have contained weapons or tools to torture or kill the girls, Has a hunting background or hunts for sport. La Paz County Sgt. At other times she was beaten with a paddle which they called the "Butt Buster"[3] and she was forced to eat hot sauce and dog feces. Lukezic was also convicted in 1981 for her role in the murders, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. We stand strong with great appreciation for his service & pray for his family during this unimaginable sacrifice & loss. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. | The Theorem Factory. Ame Lynn Deal (July 24, 2000 July 12, 2011) was an American 10-year-old girl who was murdered in Phoenix, Arizona, in July 2011. There is a new push for information four years after police found teenagers Libby German and Abby Williams dead, in Delphi, Indiana. Cookie Notice Finally sees exactly what he wants and ..you know the rest. Judith Deal and Cynthia Stoltzmann were arrested for child abuse and kidnapping, since they both admitted that in the past they too, had locked Ame in the trunk. May be a transient or trucker who passes from one meat-packing (or similar) plant to another throughout the US. In the state's response, prosecutors wrote, "Although attempts have been made to connect the defendant to the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German, alongside negative comments by defendant's family members and news articles referencing his criminal history, none of these alone or in combination with one another are dispositive in suggesting that there is a general atmosphere of prejudice in Tippecanoe County so as to not impanel a fair and impartial jury through voir dire. Sadly, of course, I know that is not always enough. May have explained this as having gone hiking or hunting. The court approved the amended charge on May 12. So I don't think it's crappy detective work at all that this guy is still unknown. Speculation has also arisen that the comments by Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter, who is in charge of the case, about the killer's "voice of the devil" comment had hidden meaning. If you have information on the Evansdale murder, contact law enforcement at319-232-6682. He had been released from the Dept. Maybe they already know who it is maybe they're following him and checking things out but they don't want to say anything yet they don't want to release anything either to the public. On August 10, 2011, in Maricopa County, Arizona, Judith Deal, Cynthia Stoltzmann and the Allens were formally indicted. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Both families say that was a tough day for them, knowing Abby and Libby should have been there and weren't. Drusilla Moorhouse The announcement of Richard Allen's arrest stirred up a lot of emotions . [3], On July 12, 2011, police officers were called to Ame Deal's home, where she was found dead in a small footlocker, having suffocated. Has a work schedule that coincides with a break on the weekends. Then, after he spotted them, imo, this is when he springs into action. This is a list of notable male murderers who committed their murders in Arizona, USA. Witnessesidentified the hired gunmen as McCall, William Bracy and Murray Hooper, both of Chicago. On occasions, they were without diapers or shoes. Deputy Ruiz was found by another deputy and he was rushed to the hospital where he was placed on life support, surrounded by loved ones. The Monon High Bridge trail attracts hunters, fishers, campers and kids hiking or just taking photos of the popular spot. "During a time when men and women in law enforcement face scrutiny, sometimes demonization, or expected to be perfect and underappreciated but a scumbag piece of (expletive) out of the Department of Corrections can put him on life support when he comes to work every day in uniform to keep this community safe," Penzone said on a news conference on Oct. 9. AVONDALE, Ariz. - A Maricopa County Sheriff's deputy was laid to rest in October 2021, after he suffered a deadly attack while taking a suspect with felony warrants into custody. Their hands were bound with adhesive tape and their mouthsstuffed with socks from a nearby dresser. It is possible that RL does know the killer. "It is with a heavy heart that I share with you the passing of Deputy Juan "Johnny" Ruiz #S2212. The girls were supposed to be picked up at 3:15pm and were reported missing at 5:30pm. Before Ame was squeezed into the trunk, she was forced to do jumping jacks and backbends and to run around in 103-degree heat for over an hour. Is there any truth to this or can we religate it to internet Chinese whispers? The girls were taken some place else. Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. She was either still (barely) alive when searchers found her or had perished just prior to being found (reports alternate between either her passing away in the ambulance or her body still being warm, but deceased, when searchers found her). I don't know that the property owner is the murderer, but like many have said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone he knows in some way or another. The body site was about 800m from the high bridge where Libby had photographed Abby the afternoon before. Sad truth is law enforcement is more interested in using him as a diversion. I don't know but the more time goes by, the angrier I get. Finally as a felony DUI offender his DNA would have been readily available to law enforcement. This was apparently the reason why the FBI got involved straight away. I have also heard they were beaten pretty badly. May have a history of petty arrests and convictions such as for possession of paraphernalia or shoplifting. Its just blowing my mind that he hasnt been identified. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Follow on Twitter: @RonWilkins2. I'll be checking back.. "We don't need them anymore," Marilyn Redmond recalled one of the men saying. There would have been lynch mobs for this kind of crime 100 years ago. "Nobody actually said it [but] he must not be to walk on a bridge like that or he walked that bridge many times.". Purple and teal ribbons, their favorite colors, hang on lamp posts. The Republic in 1981 noted the Redmonds'single-storyhome on a cul-de-sacnear Seventh and Northern avenues was valued at $200,000,during a time when themedian home value in Arizona was about$54,800. Ame Lynn Deal was born in Monongahela, Pennsylvania, on July 24, 2000, to Shirley Deal, who was married to David Deal at the time she conceived. The accusations of luring a child to a private location to commit a brutal crimebegged the question of whether Carroll County officials were investigating Chadwell as possibly being tied to the Feb. 13, 2017,killings of teenagers Libby German and Abby Williams.

Michael Farr Obituary, Harmon Funeral Home Tampa, Florida Obituaries, Articles D