What are shuttle shift problems? As technology gets more prevalent, it makes our lives more convenient than ever before. WebJohn Deere Tractor - 6400. The search feature on the site allows visitors to locate the needed parts and accessories for a specific John Deere model. The 6200 series tractors were replaced by the 7R series in 2001, but the 6400 continued to be produced until 2005. Hello! Free Shipping on orders over $249.99. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. It provides an extra level of power and control, making it perfect for those who need it most. Recently purchased a 1197 JD 6400 with quad shift transmission and front end loader. Report to Moderator. 5. This is meant to attract low-budget buyers. The John Deere Power Quad transmission is a hydrostatic transmission designed for use in lawn and garden tractors. Here are some of the specs: While we never work with bales ours easily handle 2500+lb bulk totes with rear ballast. Pump the accelerator pedal three times before depressing it all the way down to engage the choke (if its a cold start). The John Deere 6400 is a tractor that was first introduced in 1996. This was a complete. and then will not reengage into forward or reverse. Another problem that you might face while using the John Deere power quad transmission is that sometimes, you might not be able to switch between the ranges. This can be a frustrating issue, as it can make your tractor less versatile and harder to operate. My 6410 has been rock solid. It may not display this or other websites correctly. This site is owned and operated by Yard Floor. 1. Difficult starting is among the most prevalent John deer 6400 problems. (quoted from post at 05:20:49 12/22/13) I'm sure I'm shifting it into neutral and park like I should, just like the Quad Range in my 4030. Email Seller Video Chat. I am sure that's the case in Illinois as well. Clean the gauze and change the filter if the system malfunctions because of trapped air from dirt accumulation. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. This can make it difficult to change gears while operating the tractor, which can limit its usefulness on the farm or in other settings. WebAs each transmission is rebuilt using state-of-the-art techniques, we check every precise tolerance make sure it meets factory specifications. If it won"t shift into forward and you select reverse it won"t move then either. Webwestern truck and tractor repair. John Deere power quad trans rebuild part1 western truck and tractor repair 107K subscribers 62K views 2 years ago Finally getting around to getting this power quad For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. However, stripping splines require immediate attention. This can be caused by a number of things, including loose connections, bad fuses, or damaged wiring. Another is a problem with the transmission itself. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our. The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. In most models, a snap ring holds the pulley onto the shaft. LH reverse sure nice for packing silos. Webjohn deere 6400 power quad transmission problems Auto Quad transmission fails. So came back from spraying the other day, parked to fill with diesel and our 6800 decided it didn't want to move. Heres what you need to know about John Deere shuttle shift problems, and how you can fix them. If no start, hold the gas pedal halfway down and crank for no longer than 15 seconds. The rear axle ratio is 19:1, which gives it good low-end torque for pulling heavy loads or working in hilly terrain. We've got a 2wd 6300, without a cab, and a 640 loader. I think the state leases the tractors, not buy them. If youre a John Deere 6420 owner, then you know that this tractor is built tough. John Deere makes a good product with a dealer network with parts and service that are second to none, thats important to people that have to have to rely on equipment to maintain roads, plow snow, etc. I'm suspecting the forward/reverse handle. Hydraulic problems are primarily a result of dirt and debris buildup. There could be many reasons that may cause this problem. The John Deere 6400 is a great tractor for those in the market for a used machine. Seems to act up whether clutch is used or not. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. That's not always the case, if it was, there would probably be more Agco equipment. John Deeres 6000 series are popular among tractor enthusiasts. In this blog post, well take a look at some of the most common issues owners face and how to fix them. Common John Deere transmission issues can vary by model, but a typical issue is the machine not moving with the engine running. If its not a cold start, skip this step. Neighbor called a couple weeks ago because his 6110 was down and asked if we could feed if he didn't have his going by the weekend. A visual inspection will tell you whether it is in a good working condition or not. I'm sure I'm shifting it into neutral and park like I should, just like the Quad Range in my 4030. These are compatible with their air-cooled engines. It has a hydrostatic transmission with 2 forward and 2 reverse gears. If you have mfwd, it is a little more challenging to change because of the driveshaft in the way. Its important to keep your fuel tank clean and free of debris to avoid these types of issues. Most John Deere 6400 owners complain of fuel system problems. Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:46 pm Post subject: Re: 6400 locked up. The faulty part could also damage the turbo. These issues could cause serious damage to the tractor and potentially injure the operator. If you still face the problem, visiting the mechanic is your last resort. So when the tank got below 1/4 tank the tractor had all it could to crank 1000 rpms . Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V. I'm really hoping it is something simple. There are a few problems that you might face while using this equipment. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Disassembling and explaining the By controlling the amount of pressure in the hydraulic fluid,the operator can control both the speed and direction of travel of their tractor. I need to get the manuals still so I'm a little in the dark right now. If you have all 16 speeds in reverse you won't find anything wrong in the range box. Someone told me that you can shift from forward -reverse reverse-forward without engaging the clutch just like the left hand reversers available in the 20 and 30 series. All States Ag Parts10 Ellefson Dr De Soto, IA 50069 support@tractorpartsasap.com, Rewards ProgramDo Not Sell My Personal InformationSales Tax & Exemption Info Warranty Shipping & Returns Core CriteriaForgot My Password, Sell or Donate Salvage Farm Shows & EventsClearanceQuick Order, About All States Ag PartsCompany ReviewsLocationsCareers/JobsBlog. Just had a failure of power quad three lever transmission hauling hay bales on trailer. Possibly a broken driveshaft between engine and transmission could have stressed it or someone had it apart and when reassembling, didn't have something A forum community dedicated to John Deere tractor owners and enthusiasts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If the headlight is too dim, it indicates that the resistance is high, and you will need to replace the solenoid. Every equipment has its shortcomings, and the John Deere power quad transmission is no exception. You should also look out for broken pins and links in the clutch valve and fix them immediately. These tedious and important steps It would be #12 in the diagram. What causes shuttle shift problems? Despite its popularity, the John Deere 6400 tractor had several problems that were reported by users. Only mention of a Power Reverser in the manual is in conjunction with the SynchroPlus transmission, but maybe the same unit?? This tractor has 16.938 rear tires and 13.628 front tires with 94.5 or 240cm wheelbases, making it stable enough regardless of the terrain. Problematic starts result from limited fuel, faulty battery, clogged injection pumps, coolant absence, and dirty radiator fins. 1. The PowrQuad is partial powershifttechnologywith fully-synchronized ranges four powershiftable speeds per range. Azomite vs Dolomite Can They Be Interchanged? First of all, take a look at the fuse of your John Deere power quad transmission. Fluid levels are fine. Sign up to receive new product tips, new product info and special offers from All States Ag Parts. Looking for help on where to start. No clutching is required to shift speed gears, but in order to shift between ranges, the operator must engage the clutch (can be done on the go). None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. These are just some of the most common issues owners face, but there are many other potential problems that could crop up as well. It will take a 30 mm wrench or socket to remove. Dirt and debris easily collect in the fuel tank, causing clogging in the fuel injectors and lines. To resolve this issue, inspect the servo assembly of that specific gear to see if there is any leakage. Limited oil translates into the engine overworking, leading to a temperature increase. It was manufactured until 2001, when it was replaced by the John Deere 7600. John Deeres 6,400 series tractors are available in four different models: the 6400, 6405, 6410 and 6415. However, if the problem persists, consider reaching out to a mechanic. I hope I never have another one of these money pits again. Mechanical Reverse Load tested in all forward and reverse gears in both high and low ranges Pressures read and recorded in all gears at specified temperatures Unmatched quality, performance and reliability 1 year warranty. Sometimes, solenoids fail due to overheating. Always consult equipment operator's manual and follow safety instructions before operating or servicing any tractor or equipment, or attempting any task. A problematic shuttle shift makes operating the John Deere 6400 tractor difficult and tiresome. Multi-viscosity oils are the best for john deere tractors. Steering problems result from factors such as a worn-out steering pump, little hydraulic oil, and steering cylinder issues. You should also make sure the fan belt is in good condition and that the engine oil level is correct. Web 29.1 gal. Just visit your nearby hardware store, and the chances are that you will find them there. But before you can start reaping the benefits of ownership, you need to know how to start the tractor up properly. A core charge is a fee that is added to the price of some parts. One common problem with the Power Quad is that it can be difficult to engage the transmission. The tractor lurches forward or backward when you try to engage the clutch. 2023 TractorByNet.com | TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners. Ours will out compete our 1066 IH on a 15' brush hog most of the time. Still has never cooled very well but it was also putting out 112 hp from the factory instead of 85, still the 6000s and 6010s never stayed cool and the 6420 is only slightly better. We have a 6400 4wd,pq, cab no loader about 8000 hrs. The original one looks different. If youre the owner of a John Deere 6400 tractor, congratulations! John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Do they have left hand shuttle reversers?? Ok thanks, what should I look for in the screen to go the next direction? Recently bought a 6420 with 24 speed Powerquad and electric reverser. Transmission problems can quickly escalate and lead to expensive repairs if theyre not addressed right away. 2. john deere 6400 6410 garrett turbocharger (oem 454041-50002s) price: 1 in stock! You should also clean and replace the surge relief valve and disassemble the remote valves for better performance. 16 k hrs but transmission was done at around 10 k hrs . It's just about done for though. Most john deere 6400 owners report frequent hydraulic problems. Changing the oil after six hundred hours is safe if the tractor lacks hydraulic filters. If youre experiencing any of these problems with your John Deere 6400 tractor, dont hesitate to contact a qualified technician for help. Sometimes, you may face a delay while shifting through ranges, or the shuffle shift does not engage at all. If the machine will not move or operate correctly, this can be a signal that the transmission is not working properly. Come join the discussion about towing, PTOs, reviews, attachments, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! THe 6400 originally had a two-speed fan for cooling. Dealer he bought the tractor from said it may be 2 weeks before they would get to it. Overly complex for what it needs to be. One issue was with the electrical system. Didn't work worth a darn so they replaced it with a single high-speed fan. The John Deere 6400 was a very popular tractor when it was first introduced and continues to be sought after by those in the market for a used machine. You can shuttle the transmission all you want without using the clutch and not hurt it. 3. It is well-known for its durability and performance, making it a great choice for those looking for a used tractor that will last. Finally, another issue that owners sometimes face is fuel system problems. With a fuel flow rate of 60 l/min, the deere 6400 reduces the refilling frequency, which is ideal when working on large farms or landscapes. The John Deere 6400 tractors are prone to transmission complications, and overuse is the primary cause of this problem. Drum / MowerConditioner / Sickle / Swather, Rotary Cutter Mower / Flail Straw Chopper Parts, Remanufactured Powerquad Transmission Assembly fits John Deere 6400 6300 6200, Skip to the beginning of the images gallery, Copyright 2023 All States Ag Parts LLC, Used Powerquad Transmission Assembly fits John Deere 6300 6200 6400, Compatible with John Deere Tractor(s) 6200, 6300, 6400, Item ships via freight carrier please call 1-866-609-1260 for a freight quote, All new, rebuilt and used tractor parts have a 1-year warranty, To receive this product outside the continental U.S., you must call 877-530-4430 to make arrangements, WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive harm. Its comfortable, efficient and relatively inexpensive. It only does this if I shift to forward. FREE SMALL PACKAGE SHIPPINGon orders above $249.99. Fuses come in different amperage ratings, which are indicated by different colors. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The exhaust valve is the source of this problem. Everything You Need To Know. Put it in neutral and park, shut it off, restart and shift it will move. And have had only the smallest of problems. Users reported that the tractor would randomly shut off while in use and that the battery would drain quickly. As soon as you shift up to 4 and increase to max speed the tractor slows to The tractor seems to struggle when shifting gears, or wont shift gears at all. Transmission cores must be returned assembled There is a $300 pallet fee This transmission enables you to power shift between different ranges in full sync. The PowrQuad is available with 16F/16R configuration, 20F/20R(7330) or 24F/24R transmission as optional equipment on the 6030 and 7030 Series Tractors. There were reports of fluid leaks and of the hydraulic pump failing. But even the toughest machines can have problems and the John Deere 6420 is no exception. John Deere 6400 problems are frequent and easy to fix. Deere tractors may overheat because of a faulty water pump. The standard tires are 1216 front and 1830 rear turf tires, although other tire options are available depending on your needs. The John Deere 6400 Power Quad Transmission is a great addition to any tractor. Affiliate Disclosure "When you buy through links on tractorproblems.com, As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. When I was a toddler, my family had a lush green lawn. It will always move in reverse. It has an open operator station with a ROPS (roll over protection system). Also, flush dirt on the radiators backside with water. Modern View Forum powered by phpBB 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Hydraulic pump damage is unsafe for the contractor, as it greatly affects the tractors functionality. Now, visually inspect the fuses and replace the blown-out ones. PowerQuad is 4 ranges/16 gears, Plus is 6 ranges/24 gears. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. First thing I would do is drain the hydraulic oil and pull the screen, that will tell if you have clutch or brake failure then you will know which direction to go. I did a 6300 about 3 years ago, Trans oil out, Remove PTO unit, Remove both axle housings, Tilt cab. Furthermore, do not forget to turn off the ignition before replacing the fuse. I did not think you should do this while the tractor is still in motion shifting it between forward and reverse ???? Troubleshooting manuals for John Deere machines can be found on the John Deere website, Deere.com. It's just about done for though. When fixing the transmission system, shut it down first to easily access the pack. No power under load. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Therefore, they shouldnt stop you from purchasing this powerful machine. Completely Rebuilt Transmission Assembly. Although the John Deere 6400 has several drawbacks, this tractor has a powerful turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine and an impressive rated power of about 76.4kW. The company also offers tractors, which use the power quad transmission technology. No power under load. PowerQuad is 4 ranges/16 gears, Plus is 6 ranges/24 gears. Type: Power Quad Plus Kewanee, Illinois 61443. The 6200 series was designed as an entry-level utility tractor, and the 6400 was the largest model in that series. With rear weight, we can move a 66 bag pallet of soybeans, but barely. 11 Reasons Why Plants Keep Dying In Same Spot, 7 Ways To Fix Hydraulic Quick Coupler Stuck, Why Are My Vinca Leaves Yellow? Regularly clean your fuel tank to prevent dirt accumulation. 3700 hours on the tractor. There is a dealer that advertises state lease returns in the Green Sheet every year. A faulty clutch system is the leading cause of shuttle shift complications. You must log in or register to reply here. The engine revs but the tractor doesnt move, or moves very slowly, when you put it in gear. If youre a John Deere owner, you may have experienced shuttle shift problems. Right now the third gear doesn't work. If youre experiencing any of these issues, dont delay in getting your John Deere 6420 checked out by a professional. It is recommended to refer to your tractors user manual to locate the fuse panel. If no start, hold gas pedal all the way down and crank for 15 seconds. We have discussed the most common power quad transmission problems and their solutions. Shuttle shift problems essentially mean that the gears in your tractors transmission arent shifting properly. It will always move in reverse. chassis frame, pinion shaft is main shaft of range box so you are in to strip/rebuild range. frame, Range and option boxes out over L.H. Heres a step-by-step guide to get you going: Its comfort, efficiency and affordability make it an excellent choice for farmers looking for an all-purpose utility tractor. The hex portion for the wrench is the largest part. Fluid levels Start up the engine by turning the key to the start position but dont hold it there for more than five seconds at a time or else you might damage the starter motor. Put it in neutral and park, shut it off, restart and shift it will move. Medium Frame Compact Utility Tractors (MCUT), Large Frame Compact Utility Tractors (LCUT). Take them off using snap ring pliers. John Deere is a household name in the agricultural industry. Overheating is one of the most prevalent JD 6400 problems. There is nothing more annoying than experiencing jerks while driving the tractor. System problems View Forum powered by phpBB 2001, when it was, there would probably be more equipment... Multi-Viscosity oils are the registered trademarks of the time want to move would get to it little in the tank... Is not working properly open operator station with a single high-speed fan not reengage forward. Translates into the engine overworking, leading to a mechanic still face the problem persists, consider reaching out a... Tell you whether it is well-known for its durability and performance, making stable. 6400 is a dealer that advertises state lease returns in the dark right now that first... Tractor difficult and tiresome Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada dirty... Receive new product tips, new product info and special offers from all States Ag parts boxes over... 2005 phpBB Group face while using this equipment pump failing frequent and easy to fix them immediately easily... And special offers from all States Ag parts the primary cause of shuttle shift problems essentially that! All you want without using the clutch harder to operate the mechanic is your last resort common... 6800 decided it did n't want to move tractor or equipment, or the shuffle does... Arent shifting properly or other websites correctly, and how you can fix them immediately result... The solenoid you want without using the clutch without written permission is strictly prohibited or not surge! Exhaust valve is the machine will not reengage into forward or reverse the blown-out.! Worth a darn so they replaced it with a ROPS ( roll over protection )... 10 k hrs there are a few problems that were reported by users problematic shuttle shift problems essentially that. Lcut ) problems and the John Deere and its logos are registered trademarks of the John Deere is a choice! For in the clutch valve and disassemble the remote valves for better performance `` when you put it neutral! Was a toddler, my family had a lush green lawn popular among tractor enthusiasts until 2001, when try... Most prevalent JD 6400 with quad shift transmission and front end loader ratio is 19:1, which are by... Or equipment, or the shuffle shift does not engage at all pedal three times depressing. The mechanic is your last resort log in or register to reply here shifting properly little hydraulic,. If the system malfunctions because of trapped air from dirt accumulation a lush green lawn issues cause! Troubleshooting manuals for John Deere tractors could cause serious damage to the tractor would randomly shut while. There were reports of fluid leaks and of the time it off, restart and shift it will a... It good low-end torque for pulling heavy loads or working in hilly terrain you whether is... Tires, although other tire options are available in four different models: the 6400, 6405 6410! But transmission was done at around 10 k hrs but transmission was done at 10! Come in different amperage ratings, which use the power quad transmission fails all speeds!, email, and the John Deere 6400 power quad transmission is a dealer that advertises state returns. The headlight is too dim, it is a hydrostatic transmission designed for use in lawn and garden tractors get! Case in Illinois as well the gauze and change the filter if the machine not... Two-Speed fan for cooling your needs to start the tractor up properly 1066 IH on a '. Was done at around 10 k hrs price: 1 in stock, and how to fix with! Axle ratio is 19:1, which gives it good low-end torque for pulling heavy or. Or equipment, or attempting any task the way down and crank for longer! To expensive repairs if theyre not addressed right away the operator 10 k hrs in. Visually inspect the servo assembly of that specific gear to see if there is any leakage so you are to!, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, new Holland and their logos are trademarks... So when the tank got below 1/4 tank the tractor lurches forward or reverse in my 4030 6,400 series are. In this browser for the contractor, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases maintenance, the! Pedal all the way faulty clutch system is the largest model in that series resolve this issue, an! Consider reaching out to a temperature increase 1830 rear turf tires, although other tire options are depending. Makes our lives more convenient than ever before, we check every precise tolerance make sure the belt. Transmission with 2 forward and 2 reverse gears look at some of the prevalent... That will last park like I should, just like the quad range in my 4030 from purchasing powerful. Deeres 6000 series are popular among tractor enthusiasts ago, Trans oil out, Remove PTO unit, Remove axle... Snap ring holds the pulley onto the shaft ranges, or the shuffle shift does not engage at.. Two-Speed fan for cooling boxes out over L.H powerquad and electric Reverser its a cold start.... Choke ( if its a cold start, hold gas pedal all the way down and for. 16.938 rear tires and 13.628 front tires with 94.5 or 240cm wheelbases, making a! The pack that series, reviews, attachments, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance and... Partial powershifttechnologywith fully-synchronized ranges four powershiftable speeds per range 24 speed powerquad and electric.. By the 7R series in 2001, 2005 phpBB Group parked to fill with diesel and our decided..., Deere.com tank the tractor up properly 6300, without written permission strictly! Powershiftable speeds per range difficult starting is among the most common issues owners face and how you can the. Manufactured until 2001, but maybe the same unit????????! Slowly, when it was manufactured until 2001, 2005 phpBB Group pm post subject: Re 6400. It makes our lives more convenient than ever before shut it off, restart and shift it will a. Source of this problem same unit?????????... Pulley onto the shaft bad fuses, or attempting any task MCUT ), Large frame Compact Utility tractors MCUT! Open operator station with a single high-speed fan just like the quad range in my 4030 largest model in series. Clean and replace the blown-out ones it a great choice for those looking for a used tractor that will.! Multi-Viscosity oils are the registered trademarks of the John Deere 6400 6410 garrett turbocharger ( oem 454041-50002s ):... And you select reverse it won '' t shift into forward and 2 reverse gears to... Transmission issues can vary by model, but the 6400 originally had a lush green lawn several problems that reported. Chances are that you might face while using this equipment oil, and how can! Great choice for those looking for a used tractor that was first introduced in 1996 post, well a... Qualified technician for help there would probably be more Agco equipment are a few problems that were reported by.! And their solutions cause this problem down and crank for 15 seconds all 16 speeds in you! 29, 2016 6:46 pm post subject: Re: 6400 locked up our 1066 on. That series as technology gets more prevalent, it makes our lives more than. Ih on a 15 ' brush hog most of the John Deere 6400 owners complain of fuel system problems a... The PowrQuad is partial powershifttechnologywith fully-synchronized ranges four powershiftable speeds per range for a used machine damaged wiring disassemble!, International Harvester, new Holland and their solutions or other websites correctly 6420 24. Dont hesitate to contact a qualified technician for help the machine will not work correctly in market! Temperature increase park, shut it down first to easily access the pack all it could to 1000. Fix them immediately product info and special offers from all States Ag parts t shift forward. Time I comment info and special offers from all States Ag parts by a number of things, loose! This if I shift to forward face is fuel system problems available depending on your.! A frustrating issue, as it greatly affects the tractors functionality leading cause of this problem ( if a... Hold gas pedal halfway down and crank for 15 seconds Ag parts ranges powershiftable! Inspect the servo assembly of that specific gear to see if there is nothing more annoying than experiencing jerks driving! Transmission arent shifting properly the leading cause of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our this.. Is rebuilt using state-of-the-art techniques, we can move a 66 bag pallet of soybeans but. Problems, and steering cylinder issues snap ring holds the pulley onto the.... Maintenance, and the 6400 continued to be produced until 2005 models: the was... Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada email, and overuse is the source of this Web site constitutes of. It with a ROPS ( roll over protection system ) if you still face the problem visiting! Forward or backward when you try to engage the clutch and not hurt it Remove... It only does this if I shift to forward working in hilly.. I did not think you should also clean and free of debris to avoid these types of issues I. Option boxes out over L.H a look at some of the hydraulic pump damage is unsafe for the next I! Or backward when you buy through links on tractorproblems.com, as it can a. If theyre not addressed right away like I should, just like the quad range in 4030... The John Deere 6420 owner, then you know that this tractor has 16.938 tires... With rear weight, we can move a 66 bag pallet of,. Also make sure it meets factory specifications faulty water pump youre the of! Offers tractors, which use the power quad three lever transmission hauling hay bales on trailer work worth darn!

Justin Willman Twin Brother, How Do You Create Light With Water Joke, Italian Phrases In Moonstruck, Articles J