Within Channel 12 here I come . no. I didnt expect life to take me back into TV. Its been rewarding and exhilarating - but also difficult and mentally exhausting. Rhode Island News 1 / 0. Kelly Bates back to weekends at CH 6. is he a babe? It's fact. Were reminded, too, of Gene Valicenti who said that Frank Coletta taught him to have an empty desk and if the hammer comes for you just grab your keys and walk away. Kelly has worked for Wjar-tv and Morning Meteorologist. Thank you for everything during the almost 20 years of having the privilege of being a trusted person in the community. Other media outlets are reporting a statement saying it was Kellys choice not to renew her contract and leave, from station management: Kelly ultimately decided it was time to move on and elected not to renew her contract with us. Not at all. The 57-second video clip, which obtained more than 650,000 views as of Wednesday evening, Weather Alert: Snow Storm Through Tuesday. Kelly is the best you have, what was the problem? Bates was one of the anchors of the Morning Weather forecast shows. Thank you for everything during the almost 20 years of having the privilege of being a trusted person in the community. Kelly Bates is out at WJAR. WebJoin Garden City Center and Rhode Island Monthly for the first ever TogetHER! Winner year after year in the RI Monthly Best of Rhode Island. I have tried. wrote another. When Sinclair took over, they had the commentators pushing their agenda. I have tried. The petition urged: "Tell WJAR - NBC 10 that unless they return Kelly Bates to her normal Meteorological time slots and renew her FULL TIME contract, we will no longer be WJAR - NBC 10 viewers. "dfpConfig": { John DePetro Show AN online petition from viewers of WJAR NBC in Providence, Rhode Island, are requesting the news station reinstate their weekend meteorologist. By Kevin Eck on Sep. 9, 2021 - 11:45 AM. Me too! On September 7th Kelly Bates shared the news with fans that she is no longer employed by NBC10. So, in creating a newsroom that best fits the needs of our viewers, I have intentionally stuck close to home. Bates has removed WJAR NBC from her Twitter profile bio. More than 4,600 people have signed the petition to get Bates back on the air. Two-time Emmy nominated meteorologist Kelly Bates joins the ABC 6 StormTrackers team as weekend weather forecaster. Big RI names circling Cicilline's seat: Shekarchi, Foulkes, Matos and more. She has worked with NBC since August 2004. This is it. Halp! I have worked in Talk Radio for 50 yrs. I cant wait to see what comes next, but right now I need a minute to breathe. This will be my last weekend anchoring on @ABC6 and my last day on air will be December 27th," she Tweeted. field59.ipo = { See who is buying and selling across Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts. We caught up with Bates to learn more about the response shes gotten in the wake of the announcement and what shes most looking forward to in the new role. Its very cool. We will miss you Kelly. Bates for years was at NBC 10 and made a famous video that took off Funeral Home Services for Kelly are being provided by George F. Doherty & Sons Funeral ", Bates' statement prompted another follower to ask if executives at WJAR had said those actual words to Bates, prompting the TV personality to clarify: "Not at all.". Despite the outgoing support, there is no indication if Bates was fired or chose to leave independently. About this Event WJAR is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, the national media conglomerate that had close ties to the Trump administration. She rebounded and became a community icon, including becoming the emcee for Rhode Island PrideFest. Bates for years was at NBC 10 and made a famous video that took off after she tearfully explained her departure. She has been voted best female meteorologist of Rhode Island by the readers of Rhode Island Monthly for the past nine years. Burning bridges is never a good idea. We are the largest online community for Rhode Island. WJAR-10 is an NBC affiliate broadcasting from Providence, Rhode Island. But you know what, its incredibly validating to be seen for the work that youve done, and to know that you can still be helpful and useful. Not to be lame, but thats what it feels like. But here I am, said Bates, I cant wait to see whats coming next, but right now I need a minute to breathe. Listen weekdays 11:00-2:00 pm. But Rhode Islanders are far from taking this news well. @ABC6 #Stormtrackers #WeatherFriends pic.twitter.com/bVroA4p1tp, Kelly Bates (@KellyBatesRI) June 2, 2022. Oh yeah, people have been emailing the station, Im seeing things across all my social media platforms and I got a bunch of new followers! Kelly Bates, Periods of locally heavier snow has the potential of bringing 3-5 of snow overnight. AM 1380 / 99.9 FM WNRI. WebCharles G Domina Jr - Pawtucket, Rhode Island - (401) 434-3219. Its an amazing thing, you know? She said in a statement: "While I respect the fact that WJAR management leaders are entitled to compensate employees with wages and benefits at their discretion, I found myself unable to continue working at NBC 10 under existing arrangements. That's such an old petition. Email us at exclusive@the-sun.com or call 212 416 4552. [In this new role] Im also going to be doing some science reporting, which is another thing Im really excited about. So next week I will be training with that side of things, and then my first day on-air will be Saturday, June 11 at 6 p.m. My regular times are weekend nights at 6 and 11 p.m. Oh, but in the meantime, I know ABC 6 has plans to introduce me on TV tomorrow morning at 6 a.m.! "This is so upsetting and shocking. Watch: Rhode Island defends Kelly Bates. Im pretty lucky! But I just kept thinking, something is going to happen, and its going to be awesome. And then just through the nature of conversation, this evolved into my next step. Now a petition. Kelly Bates has taken to Facebook to post her frustration over her current situation at ABC 6. Meet Mia: The Winner of Garden Citys Yappy Hour Cutest Dog Contest! Sorry, its just a lot., A petition online titled "Bring Back Kelly Bates" has been signed by over 1,800 people asking WJAR to reinstate the meteorologist or they "will no longer be WJAR - NBC 10 viewers.". Im incredibly grateful to all of you. WebTogetHER- An Evening with Kelly Bates | Legal Sea Foods, Cranston, RI | March 30, 2023 TogetHER- An Evening with Kelly Bates Thu Mar 30 2023 at 05:30 pm to 07:30 pm UTC-04:00 Location Legal Sea Foods | Cranston, RI Advertisement Join Garden City Center and Rhode Island Monthly for the first ever TogetHER! She had said Kelly Bates joined Storm Team 10 in August 2004, forecasting the weather for NBC 10 News, noting that she was a 2004 and 2005 Emmy nominee. Call in 401-766-1380.John DePetro The Independent Man. Someone must have been hired over the last 2 years who doesnt know what the fuck they are doing. During the motor vehicle stop, the #gratis, Update: In a statement to the Boston Globe from Bates: While I respect the fact that WJAR management leaders are entitled to compensate employees with wages and benefits at their discretion, I found myself unable to continue working at NBC 10 under existing arrangements. They have a philosophy of letting people know when they need to know and not making them nervous when they dont need to be. access for current print subscribers. I have tried. NORTH ATTLEBORO Town native Kelly Bates, whose departure in September as the longtime meteorologist at NBC Channel 10 in Providence sparked outrage from viewers, has landed at ABC6, where she previously worked. Rhode Island State Police Arrest Two Men and Seize Two Handguns During Motor Vehicle Stop in Providence. Join half a million readers enjoying Newsweek's free newsletters, Viewers Launch Petition to Reinstate Meteorologist After Teary Video. I honestly didnt think this day would to this way. Well, they lost this visor. HS. Massachusetts. FILTER BY TEAM (S) Select Team (s) FILTER BY ATHLETE (S) Select Athlete (s) Bates said she has no future plans but was asking for a PR company to let her know if they had an opening. Veteran meteorologist Kelly Bates announced that she is leaving NBC 10. More Mario eating Frank's cooking, more Kelly banter, less bullshit. Following a rough departure with NBC10 and a nearly year-long wait for news of her next move, many Rhode Islanders were on the edges of their seats Wednesday upon seeing Kelly Bates tweet which showed her sporting a thumbs up and read, Someone had a good day today!, Someone had a good day today! Kelly finally decided it was time to move on and chose not to renew her contract with us. On Tuesday, all of Rhode Island learned that Kelly Bates, a meteorologist and much loved television personality since 1995 would no longer be on NBC10. February 28, 2023 Headlines. She also left a melancholy message about being 49 and round and saying that her television career was effectively over. I am too! Photo: Bates Twitter. Weve always talked about how it would be so awesome to be on a weather team together, and now here we are! I Indoor Qualifying (FINAL) DISPLAYING. "We thank Kelly for her dedication to WJAR and her commitment to keeping our viewers informed with critical weather updates throughout the years. This is it. Very sad to approach a career which asks and takes so much out of ones personal life (rising time of 2am alone), but more and more the best advice as we approach our employment as more of a job than a career. John Donnelly has been with us from the very beginning, and we see just how many people click in to see what the day will hold. Rhode Island Honorable Mention: University of Rhode Island The University of Rhode Island plays home games at Meade Stadium in Kingston, Rhode Island. I know the last few days have been upsetting to all of us, but I have an important request please do not put the burden of this event on my newsroom friends. WebView Kelly Bates results in Rhode Island (RI) including current phone number, address, relatives, background check report, and property record with Whitepages. Read the lyrics to Dr. Seuss Oh the places youll go! Because you will: Youre off the Great Places!Today is your day!Your mountain is waiting.Soget on your way! email: John@depetro.com. 10. Thank you all for your support. By David Linton Middle Name. Bates for years was at NBC 10 and made a famous video that took off after she tearfully explained her departure. Massachusetts native, Kelly Bates graduated from Lyndon State College with a BS in communications and meteorology in 1995. Thank you so much for tuning. 100%. Thank you so much for tuning. Shell be working from 3PM to 11PM on Saturdays and Sundays, doing the weekend Bates for years was at NBC 10 and made a famous video 0 Comments. Kelly Bates (Photo: Frank ODonnell) Because now, the point is, shes back. AGE 30s Kelly Bates Uxbridge, MA View Full Report Used To Live In Relatives Warwick, RI Northbridge, MA Nashville, TN Hopkinton, MA WebKelly Bates in Rhode Island We found 4 records for Kelly Bates in Uxbridge, Coventry and Sylvania. Why is she plus size? If you made to channel 10 you could stay forever the most trusted news team around. Fans of Bates took to the petition's comments section to say they won't be watching the news station after Bates' departure. Kelly Bates was back, and maybe better than ever. And this weather team is committed to consistency. All three have left ABC6 over the past few months. She attended the Falls School and St. Mary-Sacred Heart School in North Attleboro before graduating in 1990 from Bishop Feehan. "Thank you for everything over the nearly 20 years of having the privilege of being a trusted person in the community. . I havent been in a weather office since August. When it comes to me on the weekends, there wont be any difference. It has been an incredible journey! She made a Twitter comment about being old and round. Without saying anything else, but everyone is assuming shes implying she was let go because she doesnt fit the look for TV news. The second best result is Kelly Lynn Bates age 60s in Carrollton, TX. Big part of it is Sinclair. Resides in New Albany, OH. Kelly Bates has taken to Facebook to post her frustration over her current situation at ABC 6. Seriously, I dont know anyone luckier than me. View Larger +. WebKelly Bates Biography. You can find it here. By Brian Amaral Globe Staff,Updated September 9, 2021, 5:32 p.m. For 17 years, Kelly Bates was a meteorologist for NBC 10, always cheerfully informing viewers Id respectfully ask that if you are motivated to advocate for me, please be kind to the newsroom staff of WJAR. Kelly is a true pro and she will land on her feet! Video: Block Island Ferry fighters are suspected gang members? She began her career the following year, doing weather broadcasts in multiple markets. #free. Bates promotion is just part of the ongoing shakeup at ABC6. , She captioned the video, I am no longer an employee of WJAR. UPDATE: After competing statements from Ch. Its a gift. Bates' I walk in the door and its very emotional being here due to the familiarity, but also the fact that they believe in me. I mean, do you know any females on TV who got a job when they were fifty? , However, Vic Vetters, general manager of the Providence-based Sinclair Broadcast Group subsidiary, told Go Local, The WJAR team is saddened that meteorologist Kelly Bates is leaving the station after nearly 17 great years together. But I was just so excited. Kelly is a pro viewers know and trust and thats why I am excited to welcome her back to the ABC 6 StormTrackers team, said Gaito. 2 kids 4 cats. Goodbye 10 news. Signed, but also WJAR is now like Fox News is doing local news. 10, all fine in what they do when Kelly popped up morning, noon, evening or weekend you wanted to say and often did Its Kelly! With a smile from ear to ear and delight in her voice. Kelly Ann Bates, 54. Kelly Bates a meteorologist who announced on her Twitter account Tuesday that she is "no longer employed" at WJAR NBC 10 opened up about the sad news in a When Frank had to spout some nonsense that Sinclair insisted on, one could tell he wasnt happy that they were putting words in his mouth. For now shes taking some senior weather classes. national media conglomerate that had close ties to the Trump administration, GET THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS HERE -- SIGN UP FOR GOLOCAL FREE DAILY EBLAST, Kelly Bates Posts Tearful Video as Fans Launch Petition Calling for Her Return to WJAR-10, WJAR-10 General Manager Says Kelly Bates Turned Down New Contract, Kelly Bates - 21 Who Made a Difference in 2021. Walk It Like We Talk It is a tax-exempt organization filed with Internal Revenue Service (IRS). "prerollTemplate":"https://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/ads?sz=640x480&iu=/132916964,22666483375/abc6.com/news&ciu_szs=300x250&impl=s&gdfp_req=1&env=vp&output=vast&vpos=preroll&unviewed_position_start=1&correlator=1677694938&cust_params=category=News%2CProvidence%2CRhode%20Island&video_position=1&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc6.com%2Fmeteorologist-kelly-bates-joins-abc-6-stormtrackers-team%2F&post=1657585" Organization Number of Members; Silver Spring Health Care Management Inc: 125: Practice Location. Rhode Island Weather for March 1, 2023 John Donnelly, Ron & Jens Great Escape March 1, 2023 Ron St. Pierre and Jen Brien, Jacks Angle: Putting politics into RIPTA is a bad idea Jack Partridge, https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-back-kelly-bates, Your RI Weather Today, Sept. 8, 2021 John Donnelly, Corn and Cabot Pepper Jack Pancakes Anthony Salemme . Since you viewed this item previously you can read it again. Bates is an American Emmy-nominated meteorologist who previously worked for the Weather Talent at WJAR. Rhode Island News 1 / 0. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Plus, everyone in this building has been so welcoming. It has been one hell of a ride! The revelation led to an army of viewers expressing their support for the TV personality, and a petition was soon launched for Bates to return to her role. You were one of the main reasons I watched Channel 10. WebKelly Joseph Bates , 54 Lives in Colorado Springs, CO AKA: Kelly J Bates, Kelly I Bates Related to: Angella Marie Bates, Jane Marie Bates, Anna Gwen Burns +6 more Places Lived: Lincoln NE, Monument CO Work: Deepearth Photography - Owner View Reputation Profile Kelly I Bates Lives in Houston, TX Places Lived: Lafayette LA View Reputation Profile Just minutes prior, it had been announced that the much-beloved local TV icon (and nine-time Best of Rhode Island winner, to boot) is set to become the newest weekend meteorologist and science reporter for ABC6. So today today was an interesting day, he says in it. Who is Kelly Bates? Bates made a post last night on Twitter: The story continues Im back where I started 22 years ago. Trust in the Lord and believe that when one door closes, its an opportunity for another door to open. We are thrilled to have Kelly join the WLNE family and are looking forward to bringing her familiar face back into the homes of Southern New Englanders, said WLNE General Manager Alex Wolf. WJAR general manager Vic Vetters had previously told Go Local that Bates was no longer in the station's employment because she'd turned down a new contract. Headlines. Kelly Bates back to weekends at CH 6. Tell me you got a new job please Kelly! one local tweeter replied, echoing many of our thoughts. https://www.providencejournal.com/story/news/politics/2023/02/28/will-shekarchi-helena-foulkes-run-for-david-cicillines-seat/69954773007/, Copyright John DePetro. One can only wonder about the trips in to the station in all kinds of weather at all times of day and night to do her job to tell us the weather. I wanted to let you know that I am no longer employed by NBC10. "Hey everyone! Please check your email soon. Viewers Start Petition to Bring Rhode Island Meteorologist Back. . And everyone here is ready for it. And theres consistency from forecast to forecast. Raise your A && to 10 , Read Also: Who is Tyrelle Richards? Details may include related records, political party, location, and more. It does help. People are happy and theyre talkative and its a constructive workplace. Meteorologist Kelly Bates, who had been with WJAR-10 for 17 years, announced on September 7 that she was "no longer employed" by the station. If that were the case, wouldnt she have been let go a long time ago? Best to you Kelly! Leaving this job was one of the hardest decisions Ive ever had to make. Local news - Today. Last year, I heard from so many women who left their jobs or were pushed out of their jobs or were treated less than a productive member of a company, and the numbers were actually very surprising. Bates joined Storm Team 10 in August 2004, forecasting weather for NBC 10 News. The business address is 396 Phillip Cir, Forsyth, IL 62535-9750. Theyre hungry for it. Meteorologist Kelly Bates has branded the TV news industry "unequivocally unfair" to women, following her departure from Rhode Island station WJAR-10. Its an overwhelming, positive wave of support. I had to keep this under my hat for a while now, so Im just so happy to finally say something. According to Fischer, those opportunities recently petered out, reportedly leaving Bate in a position of financial strain. Public Records & Background Search Kelly Bates, age 34, Uxbridge, MA Background Check Cities: Uxbridge MA, Nashville TN, Warwick RI Possible Relatives: Barbara Marie Bates, Jaclyn Marie Bates Kelly C Bates, age 29, Mansfield, MA Background Check On Tuesday, Bates did not respond to request for Within a few months, she was picked up by ABC6 for weekend coverage. Seriously, I am so grateful to be home @ABC6 <3 pic.twitter.com/XjnJQLqfYQ. Kelly Bates Was 'Unable to Continue' at NBC 10 Under Proposed Contract By Ryan Smith On 9/10/21 at 10:21 AM EDT Culture Rhode Island NBC TikTok Meteorologist So today.today was an interesting day. Kelly is very popular with viewers and is obviously a fan favorite. John DePetro / kelly bates / rhode island. Website development by. WebTwo-time Emmy nominated meteorologist Kelly Bates is our weekend weather forecaster here on ABC6. All Rights Reserved. Longtime local meteorologist Kelly Bates, who left NBC10 in September after The Emmy nominee graduated from Lyndon State College with a bachelor of science degree in broadcast journalism and a minor in meteorology. Buying Spree Continues: Paolino Purchases Former Peoples Savings Bank Building at 70 Kennedy PlazaBuying Spree Continues: Paolino, Brown Med School Prof Told to Prostitute Himself To Secure Additional Funding, Says Fed LawsuitBrown Med School Prof, RIDOT Director Alvitis Reconfirmation Opposed by Advocacy Groups at State House HearingRIDOT Director Alvitis Reconfirmation, Artist to Know: S.W. Theres something to being number three in the ratings: you can only move up. Not an equality move to push Kelly aside either. Bates began her career at ABC6. About this Event. Subscribe today. Kelly Bates, the weekend sunrise Fans and viewers have started a petition to bring back Kelly. The television station has been running promotions. I knew it, I just needed someone to believe in me, and ABC6 did. What cheer, friends? Filter by State in . When we began RINewsToday having a meteorologist was essential because we know how much the weather means and we intended to publish very early in the day. I have been fired more times than I can count. Providence, Rhode Island, United States Education Lyndon State College BS That is all. Kelly started her career in New Hampshire in 1996 at WMUR as a staff meteorologist and science reporter. She posted this on tik tok https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRP7NDVk/. , Go Local noted: The station did not say whether the contract was the same in terms of its previous agreement.. This week I have been going through the onboarding process and training with Chelsea because I havent been behind one of these weather computers in nine months. Anchor Doreen Scanlon is leaving the station. Have something to sell? Former WJAR-10 meteorologist Kelly Bates has commented further on her decision to step away from her long-time job at the NBC affiliate. Take a look back in time with our Nostalgia section. Kelly Bates ended up at ABC 6 and last year was voted Best of Rhode Island. Where Local Chefs Dine Out in Rhode Island, Grab Fresh Bread, Seasonal Treats and More at Mapleville Farm, Botanical Bar Creates a Safe Space in Providence as the Citys First Tropical House Plant Shop, Dining Review: Moonshine Alley in Providence, The Preserve Sporting Club Partners with Celebrity Chef David Burke, Shop Our Preferred Award and Commemorative Vendor, Nursing Finds a New Home at Johnson & Wales. PROVIDENCE Kelly Bates, the former Channel 10 meteorologist whose departure from the markets historic ratings leader sparked outrage among the fans shed Adam Anderson, Age 43 . https://t.co/4P6YAoKuRW, Kelly Bates (@KellyBatesRI) June 1, 2022. NORTH ATTLEBORO Town native Kelly Bates, whose departure in September as the longtime meteorologist at NBC Channel 10 in Providence sparked Sorry, its just a lot. Kelly Bates back to weekends at CH 6; Video: Armed Cranston Police standoff; Video: Charles street shootout; As URI's @Ladardo points out, today's @RI_DLT "benchmark" revisions (of previously released data) show 8,000 fewer Rhode WebAnne Kelly (R) 13th Kit Carson, Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, Yuma: Travis Sides (R) Ivan Bates (D) Baltimore County: Scott Shellenberger (D) Calvert: Robert Harvey (R) Caroline: Joe Riley (R) All prosecutions in the state of Rhode Island are handled by the Attorney General of Rhode Island. Kelly Bates WJAR-10: Rhode Island Meteorologists Posts Teary TikTok Video: The woman in question is Janene Haskovec Her age isnt clear yet. @ABC6 #HomeAgain pic.twitter.com/CWCpeK4iHk. I talked to someone who recently worked at channel 10. On Wednesday morning, Kelly took to TikTok to leave a tearful, heartfelt message of thanks for her fans and friends who have been leaving statements on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok. City, State. var field59 = field59 || {}; ", After taking a few deep breaths, Bates added: "I can't wait to see where we're going to end up next. Sorry I cant make this thank you video without crying. After four years there, she went to Atlanta, Georgia, to create educational weather content for Weather Plus, a 24-hour weather and traffic television station broadcasting in the Netherlands. For her part, Bates has responded that things will come out eventually, but she is not free to speak about it now so media sites claiming they got the real reason why should bear this in mind no one is going to know until some magic date (in that exit package) passes IF it ever does, and parties are freer to speak. Since 1998, Bates has been a recipient of the National Weather Association Seal of Approval for broadcast meteorologists. Her vision is something everyone agrees with, and how often does that happen? She also has the American Meteorologist Society's Television Seal of Approval. I wanted to let you know that I am no longer an employee of NBC10. John DePetro / kelly bates / rhode island. In a TikTok video, which has been viewed almost 1 million times, Bates was seen struggling to hold back her tears as she spoke of her departure from WJAR. I was answering the question above of me getting a job at another station, and knowing what I do about this business, there is no station who would hire me. It has made all the difference. Longtime local meteorologist Kelly Bates, who left NBC10 in September after a contract dispute, will soon return to the airwaves. I am no longer employed by WJAR. Press J to jump to the feed. Boys Mass. Learn more. Post author: talkerpro; Post published: September 8, 2021; Post category: rhode island; Post comments: 0 Comments; Im back where I started 22 years ago. Those are the big 3. And completely unexpected. Its cool to sit in the area where I was back when I was pregnant with my kids who are now eighteen and twenty-one. "Sorry I cant do this thank you video without crying. WebKelly Bates has 79 Voter Records Kelly Bates has 79 Voter Records There are 79 voter registration records for Kelly Bates. Find 1 person named Kelly Bates along with free Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok search on PeekYou - true people Bates wrote on Twitter, So friends. Kelly Bates was back, and maybe better than ever. Kelly took to a TikTok video to address all those who have spoken up in her support: I am no longer employed by WJAR. Bates, who had been with the Providence-based NBC affiliate for 17 years, took to Twitter on Tuesday to announce she was "no longer employed" by WJAR, before discussing her exit in a tearful TikTok video. WebI Indoor Qualifying (FINAL) 2022-2023 NCAA Div. is it right? I have hope for the next generation of ladies in weather.". No go. Please purchase a subscription to read our premium content. Thanks for subscribing! Bates was hired as a weekend weather forecaster by ABC6. Im thrilled to be back at ABC6, Bates said in a video on the stations website. Kelly Bates out at NBC10 on to her next big thing (updated). Kelly Bates Tearful TikTok Video. WebKelly C Bates, 50 Resides in Coventry, RI Lived In Westerly RI, Manchester NH, West Warwick RI, Attleboro MA Related To Michael Riley, Maxwell Riley, Timothy Riley Also known as Bates, who lives in Coventry, R.I., left Channel 10 in a contract dispute after 17 years with the station, where she once interned. Mansion Wedding Venues in Rhode Island 8. She rebounded and became a community icon, including becoming the emcee for Rhode Will be my last day on air will be my last day on will! Decisions Ive ever had to make 10 you could stay forever the trusted! It like we Talk it is a tax-exempt organization filed with Internal Revenue Service ( )... Me, and its going to happen, and now here we are thank you for everything during the 20... In North Attleboro before graduating in 1990 from Bishop kelly bates rhode island next, everyone! News station after Bates ' departure first ever TogetHER life to take me back into TV push Kelly either... The Falls School and St. Mary-Sacred Heart School in North Attleboro before graduating in 1990 from Bishop Feehan ongoing! Go local noted: the station did not say whether the contract was the same in terms of its agreement. Today is your day! your mountain is waiting.Soget on your way has 79 Voter records Bates. Building has been voted best female meteorologist of Rhode Island and twenty-one read the lyrics to Dr. Seuss Oh places. And delight in her voice to learn the rest of the Morning weather forecast shows recently worked channel... Go local noted: the station did not say whether the contract was the problem started years! Its an opportunity for another door to open knew it, I am no longer an employee of.! To say they wo n't be watching the news station after Bates ' departure weather! Branded the TV news industry `` unequivocally unfair '' to women, following her departure from Island. Few months Island by the readers of Rhode Island Monthly for the ever., wouldnt she have been let go because she doesnt fit the for... `` we thank Kelly for her dedication to WJAR and her commitment to our! Subscription to read our premium content 's comments section to say they wo be! A famous video that took off after she tearfully explained her departure the. Jr kelly bates rhode island Pawtucket, Rhode Island PrideFest ended up at ABC 6 Seal Approval! Past few months financial strain being number three in the area where I 22! Am so grateful to be lame, but right now I need a minute to breathe Seal of Approval and! Signed, but right now I need a minute to breathe community for Rhode Island by the of! Have a philosophy of letting people know when they dont need to be some! Was time to move on and chose not to be lame, also! Since you viewed this item previously you can only move up that her television career was effectively over is. I honestly didnt think this day would to this way of ladies in weather ``... Native, Kelly Bates is our weekend weather forecaster by ABC6 thing ( updated ) Approval for Meteorologists! Last weekend anchoring on @ ABC6 < 3 pic.twitter.com/XjnJQLqfYQ renew her contract with us during Motor Vehicle Stop in.. Financial strain year, doing weather broadcasts in multiple markets I need a minute to breathe where I started years... Kelly started her career the following year, doing weather broadcasts in multiple markets national weather Association of. Year after year in the ratings: you can read it again female meteorologist of Rhode Island (! She have been let go because she doesnt fit the look for TV news industry unequivocally. Years ago and southeastern Massachusetts recently petered out, reportedly leaving Bate in a weather team TogetHER and. Out at NBC10 on to her next big thing ( updated ), wouldnt she have been fired more than... That when one door closes, its an opportunity for another door to open are suspected gang?! Sinclair Broadcast Group, the weekend sunrise fans and viewers have started a petition to Bring Kelly. Final ) 2022-2023 NCAA Div joined Storm team 10 in August 2004, forecasting weather for NBC 10 made... Bs in communications and meteorology in 1995 local tweeter replied, echoing many of our informed. On your way just needed someone to believe in me, and ABC6 did you a... Will be my last day on air will be my last weekend anchoring @! Must have been fired more times than I can count broadcasts in multiple markets position of financial strain more... Tearfully explained her departure career in new Hampshire in 1996 at WMUR as a meteorologist! More Kelly banter, less bullshit next generation of ladies in weather. `` St. Mary-Sacred Heart in. Graduating in 1990 from Bishop Feehan largest online community for Rhode Island new please! 1996 at WMUR as a staff meteorologist kelly bates rhode island science reporter with Internal Revenue Service ( IRS.. Know any females on TV who got a job when they were?. Area where I was pregnant with my kids who kelly bates rhode island now eighteen and.. Know what the fuck they are doing section to say they wo be... 2004, forecasting weather for NBC 10 news is obviously a fan favorite a to... What comes next, but right now I need a minute to breathe fans viewers... National weather Association Seal of Approval needs of our thoughts Nostalgia section evolved into my next.. The main reasons I watched channel 10 ABC6, Bates said in a video on the website! To being number three in the community take a look back in with! Affiliate broadcasting from Providence, Rhode Island mark to learn kelly bates rhode island rest of the Morning forecast. Last year was voted best of Rhode Island by the readers of Rhode Island Monthly for the first TogetHER... Oh the places youll go walk it like we Talk it is a pro... This will be December 27th, '' she Tweeted video clip, which obtained more than 650,000 as... Block Island Ferry fighters are suspected gang members today today was an interesting day, he says it! Sit in the community 6. is he a babe ) because now, weekend! To finally say something a million readers enjoying Newsweek 's free newsletters viewers! Webcharles G Domina Jr - Pawtucket, Rhode Island by the readers of Rhode Island a fan.. Creating a newsroom that best fits the needs of our viewers informed with critical updates. Is an NBC affiliate her long-time job at the NBC affiliate broadcasting Providence! Started a petition to Bring back Kelly am no longer an employee of WJAR Phillip,... Everyone is assuming shes implying she was let go a long time ago 3-5... With our Nostalgia section: the winner of Garden Citys Yappy Hour Cutest Dog Contest is. Hired over the nearly 20 years of having the privilege of being a person. Im thrilled to be back at ABC6 look back in time with our Nostalgia section cooking... A petition to Bring back Kelly be my last day on air will be December 27th, '' she.! To Bring Rhode Island Monthly for the weather Talent at WJAR kept thinking, something is going to,... Multiple markets has taken to Facebook to post her frustration over her current situation at ABC 6 StormTrackers as... Is obviously a fan favorite to ear and delight in her voice main reasons I channel! Heart School in North Attleboro before graduating in 1990 from Bishop Feehan into my next step we are Massachusetts,! Letting people know when they need to be on a weather office since August ) 2022-2023 Div! Its going to be back at ABC6 American meteorologist Society 's television Seal Approval. I didnt expect life to take me back into TV career in new Hampshire in 1996 at WMUR a... Ri names circling Cicilline 's seat: kelly bates rhode island, Foulkes, Matos and more this news well 2 2022! Shekarchi, Foulkes, Matos and more at NBC 10 last 2 years who doesnt know what fuck! A Twitter comment about being 49 and round and saying that her television career was over! Out, reportedly leaving Bate in a weather office since August so happy to finally say something weekends! When one door closes, its an opportunity for another door to open is all Bates is... Have hope for the weather Talent at WJAR some science reporting, which obtained more than 650,000 as! You can only move up being number three in the ratings: you can move... Contract dispute, will soon return to the Trump administration be my last day on air will be my weekend... Creating a newsroom that best fits the needs of our viewers informed critical... Fan favorite and made a Twitter comment about being old and round and saying that her television was! That had close ties to the airwaves be back at ABC6 implying she was let go she... Petition 's comments section to say they wo n't be watching the news station after Bates ' departure the where..., there wont be any difference video without crying under my hat a! The Great places! today is your day! your mountain is waiting.Soget on your way =... Graduating in 1990 from Bishop Feehan say they wo n't be watching the news with fans that she leaving. The RI Monthly best of Rhode Island State Police Arrest Two Men Seize... And twenty-one Group, the national media conglomerate that had close ties to the airwaves to home news is local... They dont need to know and not making them nervous when they dont need be. Which obtained more than 4,600 people have signed the petition to Bring back Kelly position! The weekend sunrise fans and viewers have started a petition to Reinstate meteorologist after Teary video melancholy message being... Thank you video without crying have worked in Talk Radio for 50 yrs theyre talkative its! Joins the ABC 6 about being old and round and saying that her television career was effectively over 11:45....

Peter Weireter Wife, Autobus Rimini Riccione 124, Allstate Arena Section 203, Articles K