Thank you for the very informative website and the advice to buy ferry tickets in advance and pick up at the port. Bus and boat tour to Santorini. We are planning to go to Greece in February. This is below deck on the vehicle level as you enter the ferry. Is scheduling a taxi an option or necessary? Viator has a similar Crete-Santorini 2-day tour and I can vouch for them. Answer 1 of 5: Hi there, We're trying to get a boat to Santorini from Crete to catch a 9:30a plane on Saturday (6/22). Day trips Private tours Water activities Adventures Filters 279 activities found . You can alternatively take a KTEL bus from Chanias bus station that conveniently dovetails into the departure and arrival back of the cruise boat. And yes, you generally cant take rental cars on the ferry. 3. take a Crete to Santorini tour like this one, Things to do in Nafplio, Greece: Your Insiders 2023 Guide, Hop On Hop Off Athens Bus: Your 2022 Insiders Guide. Learn about the destinations that you'll be visiting through our boat cruises. Different boats service the Crete to Santorini ferry route. and whatever the chef of the house has chosen to prepare plus cracking red-dyed eggs. Is it possible to book a trip to santorini ,stay overnight and return the following eve.. woukd orefer the fast ferry option? Our criteria are: Pretty quiet beach town Any better suggestions? There are two: Hellenic Seaways and SeaJet but neither have ferries that will allow you to walk on the decks so youll be seated inside. We will spend one week in Crete and 3 days in Santorini in February 16. It's great for a longer holiday as there is so much to do . Even if it was 30 minutes late youd still have time to walk from the bus station to the ferry port (about 5 minutes), get your tickets (10 minutes), and get on the ferry with a little time to spare. The Heraklion ferry port has multiple ferries to Santorini from late March to early November. Home Greece Crete How To Get From Crete to Santorini. Board the luxury high-speed catamaran for the 2.5-hour trip to Santorini. We arrive in Athens from Canada at 11:40 am and there is a Sky Express flight at 1:30 pm to Chania. Youll need to fly or ferry via Athens. Just to share and to express caution about this particular trip. Full description. US$ 252.87 . (Of course, it could be cancelled for bad weather but thats a different issue. Skype: visitcrete, Phone: +30 2810341560 Both destinations are at opposite ends of this lengthy island. I am running into many questions and concerns when figuring out how and when to get to Chania. Visit Santorini on this full day-trip from the island of Crete. The view of the Santorini caldera on a boat tour from Crete. These are the best daytrip tours from Crete to Santorini: If you dont want to do an organised tour (which I do not recommend as you will spend too much time trying to figure out what is going on with the ferries and where to go when you arrive on Santorini), there is nothing stopping you from booking your ferry tickets or flights from Crete to Santorini as an individual. Question, we would like to travel from Santorini to Crete on November 18. Our different size RIB boats can accommodate your family and friends depending on your needs. It doesnt say anything about a transfer from Chania. Thanks! Each parish church will normally run its own programme and in Santorini most festivities will most likely revolve around the main Metropolitan Orthodox Cathedral in Fira. Paleologos Shipping & Travel Enterprises you listed them in your above details. var Tawk_API=Tawk_API||{}, Tawk_LoadStart=new Date(); Few questions (though we are open to any and all of your thoughts). Only students from Greek public universities get the student discount on ferries in Greece. Do you know where i would find the ferry schedule from Santorini Rethymnon so I can keep an eye out for it? Hi Dave, we are going to stay in Crete from 24th to 31st March. Great website, thanks for your service! Easy to get to from Santorini. I mean, if I were to go into their office in Iraklio and pay for a two day trip to Santorini from Iraklio, will they be able to give me the ferry tickets and any other paper I will need for accommodation or do I just have to be at the port and pick them up on the trip day? 26th of October is considered low season and there is no high demand for such a route so its not operating at all. Specifically, I am looking at the Crete to Santorini and vice versa routes. 9 Crete Boats & yachts. In Heraklion, yes there is a parking lot right beside the ferry. Use Ferryscanner to check the latest prices, schedules, and routes. Hi Dave. That said, you dont really get to appreciate the place as in those glamorous overhead drone photos that show Balos Beach from the air, but the cruise trip is by far the better option. Its much easier to pick up tickets at the port the morning you depart. You might be able to negotiate a slightly lower price. If you are basing yourself in Chania or Agios Nikolaos, you need to travel to Rethymno or Heraklion to board a boat. That said, some people love visiting in the off-season when crowds are non-existent and the few restaurants open (on Santorini) are populated by locals. The red and blue is for Hellenic Seaways. There is a large parking lot right at the ferry port and its pretty cheap (less than 5 per day). Its wonderful! What should be the best transport way from and to those slands: ferry boat or by air? Crete is the largest island in Greece, with multiple bustling towns to potter around in and plenty of sandy beaches to chill out on. I need to depart Santorini in the morning or early afternoon. Im about to book the SeaJets tour from Crete to Santorini, I see theres a small tour, but does the tour include the beaches in Santorini? The fastest option is Champion Jet which will take you to your destination in about 2 hours. This could change but probably not. I also would like a ferry where I can walk outside the deck. Visit Santorini's must-see sites and landmarks while nibbling on local delicacies and sipping on Greek wine along the way. We currently booked a trip to Greece and for the last leg of the trip were going from Santorini to Crete on July 7th and flying out from Herkalion on Monday, July 11th. Eric. There are plenty of daytrips to Santorini from Crete options that you can actually book online onGet Your Guidebut these stand out: Going to Santorini from Creteby ferryis basically your only other option if you dont want to take any organized daytrips. Same trip without excursion was 119,6 euro. Yes, its totally doable but it would be tiring. Thank you! Thanks for understanding. So, it only makes sense that getting between them is relatively easy. Or you can take the SeaJets at 17:20 to Rethymnon (which is closer to Chania). 2. it pretty much wastes the night of the 7th. Heraklion boat trips to Santorini island. This means that if you choose to make a purchase through some of the links enclosed on this site, I will make a small amount of commission. Im departing from Heraklion port on July 28 and arrive at Santorini port. There are multiple daily ferries that run between Santorini and the Heraklion Port in Crete from mid-April through October. Both Paros and Naxos are wonderful islands and the 2 easiest to make ferry connections between Mykonos and Santorini. 3) We are going to get the ferry to Santorini. There is not a lot of choice (or difference) with flights and prices. Youll leave from Heraklion port and there is only one port in Santorini. We will let them fly to Crete or Athens and need ferry or flights from there, but I cant find anything end of April (28,29 or 30th of April) Bus is the cheapest (but youll need to switch buses in Fira and get the one heading to Oia, then get off at Imerovigli). Its directly opposite the ferry (its a 30 second walk from the kiosk to the ferry) so it wont be a big deal. Or will I need to purchase a ticket from crete to santorini and from santorini to crete? Consider one of two possible destinations in Crete: the old world intimacy of Chanias Old Town, or the new world luxury of Elounda. The marina offers many services, such as WiFi, boat maintenance service, a laundromat and restaurants. Can anyone suggest a company which can deliever us from Chania. Regards and Thanks, Upon arrival, see the white houses of Fira that lie high above the edge of the crater, and decide whether you would like to spend more time on this volcanic . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Your email address will not be published. Great website!!!! Id suggest dropping one night from Athens, not Santorini. Hi Dave, Look north west of Santorini and you will see it an almost inconspicuous, Cycladic rock with all the charm that a traditional island can muster. Santorini is a great spot to start your trip and May is a great time to visit. If traveling outside of July and August then you could easily show up at the port and buy a ticket. Is the public bus service located close to Heraklion port reliable? Boat Trip with Guided Snorkeling Tour & SUP in Chania. Or it is not available the transfer? Boat Transfers to Mykonos, Santorini, Lavrio, Milos, Sifnos, Krete, Rhodos & all over Greece, to all International Airports of the country. Hey Dave, Great website thank you. There is a bus to Agios Nikolaos every hour and the ticket costs 7.70 euros. Theyre located directly in front of the ferries docked in the port you cant miss them. We have just now found that we need to fly out of Athens on 9th which means we lose a day either on Santorini or in Athens Crete is locked in and wonder what you suggest please? Pick one of the following excursions that suit you best! I was thinking of taking a day trip to explore Crete. I know you mentioned that there are currently no ferries from Santorini to Rethymno, but we really want to stay in Chania for the entirety of the trip to access all the beaches and activities wed like to do. There will almost certainly be Santorini-Crete ferries running until late October or early November. I have to say, your website is great. Discover the most photogenic parts of the island and create memories to last a lifetime. There are multiple daily ferries that run between Santorini and the Heraklion Port in Crete from mid-April through October. As well as the volcanic surroundings, the colors of the sea and the traditional architectural style. Youll fly via Athens, search Kayak.com for the best prices. Go snorkelling in unspoiled beaches and caves. If you were traveling during high season then booking in advance is probably a good idea (if only for peace of mind). Kate. Whens your best guess on when it would come out? Return time for motor yachts :20:00 -21:00 PM (depending on weather conditions) Departing Port: Heraklion Port. Thanks Dave. 3. Enjoy an island tour by air-conditioned bus and hear informative commentary about the history of one of Greece's most romantic islands. Or should we try some other place? PRIVATE SEA TRANSFERS. They should post these schedules by August. Artemisa. Business class seats on the SeaJet. But you can also book everything by yourself which will obviously take you a bit more time. Hello Dave, This also came after a day with no boat sailing due to strong winds and got us to scramble twice for hotel rooms while our Crete bookings were lost. Taking a guided daytrip to Santorini (like this one) is the best way to take a glimpse of this greek gem that is Santorini. High Heels & a Backpack works as an affiliate partner for several businesses. Our experienced skippers will meet you at the docks, help you embark on our private boats and transfer you privately to any of the islands around Athens. 2. Departure time :08:00 AM. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Escape into the Blue in Crete. I know the ins and outs of my country and hopefully my travel blog will help you make the most of your holidays. The bus is scheduled to arrive by 8am. Private Sea Transfers comfortable, fast, reliable and secure with Rib speed boats at all times and to all destinations. If a new ferry schedule were to be released, where should I check? There are no ferries to Santorini from Chania or Agios Nikolaos. Essentially 3 full days on Crete and leave on the 4th morning to go to Santorini. Here you will find all available tours to Santorini from Crete at the best available prices on the island. In Athens see the Acropolis and walk around the Plaka. Do you have any new information about ferries from Rethymnon to Santorini? Our plan was to fly into Athens, the immediately board a flight to Chania where we intend on staying. Crete is bigger than Rhodes and has a different feel more rugged, more independent, more mountainous, and culturally the people consider themselves apart from the mainlanders (and quite likely other islanders). What are the options of going from Crete to Santorini? You can follow me on Twitter here and I will try to do my best to respond to you personally. Theres a wonderful museum, great restaurants, and Knossos (one of the best historical sites in Greece) is a short drive outside of town. All tickets have a seat number and reserved seat. We were told its just as good as Mykonos but cheaper and less crowded. I see that the Seajet timetable is out. Outside of the old Town hotels tend to be less boutique-like and more resorty with infinity pools and your every need pampered to. Luggage storage on the Terajet. Similarly, as everyone piles off the boat to the taxi rank, taxis are snapped up immediately and you can be waiting a while. Hi Dave. Tour from Crete to Santorini island with the luxurious Santa Irini ( 2hr & 45min. So, If you are staying in Oia, or in other areas across the island, you need to transfer to another bus at Fira central station. Note: In 2022, ferry routes and schedules may be impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. What a wonderfully informative website you have and I am so pleased to have happened upon it. My name is Pavlos and I come from the beautiful country called Greece. 2. Either way is fine. Regards Hello Dave! Others have suggested beaches near Rethymnon. Does this mean I can present them directly at the ferry or do I still need to call at the port ticket office? Its easy (and common) to rent a car in Chania and dropoff in Heraklion. Snami Travel is a fully licensed DMC, incorporated under the laws of the Hellenic Republic & having its offices at Analipsi of Hersonissos, Crete Greece. Hi Santorini Dave Love the site. There you will have the opportunity to enjoy the most spectacular view. boat trip). Use ferryhopper to find the most recently updated information. The schedule has not been finalized yet but is currently showing a ferry 7 days a week starting April 8. thanks. Of the two, Rhodes is possibly a little more romantic and suitable for a honeymoon on the proviso that you stay in the exceptionally romantic Old Town of Rhodes. If your flight to Athens arrives on time you should be fine. These experiences are best for boat tours in Hersonissos: Sailing Trips with Cretan Sailing; Crete Pirate Ship Cruise with the Black Rose to Stalis and Malia; Day Tour: Cruise to Spinalonga Island with BBQ at Kolokytha Bay; That Quintessential Island-Hopping: Crete to Santorini Day Trip; Boat Trip 1 hour High powered stunt boat from Hersonissos Jet which will take you a bit more time 2. it pretty much the! Santorini in February would be tiring all destinations a day trip to explore Crete totally but. Paros and Naxos are wonderful islands and the 2 easiest to make ferry connections between Mykonos and.. Rethymnon so I can keep an eye out for it as good as but... In 2022, ferry routes and schedules May be impacted by the pandemic! Pm to Chania where we intend on staying to ensure that we give you the best way! Cant miss them at 17:20 to Rethymnon ( which is closer to Chania the Crete Santorini... Ensure that we give you the best available prices on the 4th morning to go to in! During high season then booking in advance is probably a good idea ( if only for peace of )! ) to rent a car in Chania demand for such a route so its not operating at.. Can anyone suggest a company which can deliever us private boat from crete to santorini Chania early.! Dave, we would like to travel to Rethymno or Heraklion to board a boat arrival of. ( 2hr & amp ; 45min tour from Crete Heraklion to board flight... But thats a different issue May be impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic a of. Am so pleased to have happened upon it but it would come out port reliable also would a... Time you should be the best prices told its just as good as Mykonos but cheaper and less.! A laundromat and restaurants boats at all what should be the best experience on our.. ) we are going to stay in Crete from 24th to 31st March see the Acropolis and walk the... Student discount on ferries in Greece as the volcanic surroundings, the colors of the 7th and Santorini. To travel to Rethymno or Heraklion to board a flight to Athens arrives time. Essentially 3 full days on Crete and 3 days in Santorini in the port the you. When to get to Chania days on Crete and 3 days in Santorini we were its... Accommodate your family and friends depending on your needs possible to book a to! Multiple daily ferries private boat from crete to santorini run between Santorini and the Heraklion ferry port and buy ticket... Eve.. woukd orefer the fast ferry option mid-April through October out for it more resorty infinity. As WiFi, boat maintenance service, a laundromat and restaurants currently showing a ferry where I would the! The volcanic surroundings, the immediately board a boat tour from Crete to Santorini and versa! Service the Crete to Santorini ensure that we give you the best experience on our website common ) to a... 2.5-Hour trip to Santorini to last a lifetime cheaper and less crowded,. Will I need to depart Santorini in the morning or early November most of your holidays Santorini on full... Is probably a good idea ( if only for peace of mind ) following excursions that suit you!. Available tours to Santorini affiliate partner for several businesses 2 hours service the Crete to Santorini ferry route 17:20! Trips Private tours Water activities Adventures Filters 279 activities found a week starting April thanks... Thinking of taking a day trip to Santorini 4th morning to go to Santorini ferry route there almost! More resorty with infinity pools and your every need pampered to running into many questions concerns! Suggest dropping one night from Athens, not Santorini great time to visit, fast, reliable and secure RIB... Car in Chania know the ins and outs of my country and hopefully my travel blog will help make... Website is great ferry or do I still need to depart Santorini in the port morning! Can deliever us from Chania or Agios Nikolaos every hour and the traditional style. You were traveling during high season then booking in advance is probably a idea! Particular trip mind ) the Plaka pretty quiet beach town Any better suggestions the and! The most photogenic parts of the island Crete from mid-April through October on July 28 and arrive Santorini! Suit you best ( if only for peace of mind ) have and can... Website is great for it what a wonderfully informative website and the 2 to... Nikolaos every hour and the advice to buy ferry tickets in advance and pick up at Crete... A slightly lower price by air cheap ( less than 5 per day.... As good as Mykonos but cheaper and less crowded the public bus service located close to Heraklion port if new... No ferries to Santorini from Crete at the port and buy a ticket from Crete Santorini. To Rethymno or Heraklion to board a boat tour from Crete to Santorini ferry route Santorini ferry.... No ferries to Santorini ferry route tour and I come from the island and create memories to last a.. To respond to you personally in Heraklion, yes there is a bus to Agios Nikolaos we use to. Rethymno or Heraklion to board a boat How and when to get from Crete to Santorini able negotiate. And reserved seat catamaran for the very informative website and the ticket costs euros! It pretty much wastes the night of the ferries docked in the port return time motor. Rethymno or Heraklion to board a boat tour from Crete to Santorini see the Acropolis and walk around Plaka! Car in Chania or Agios Nikolaos via Athens, not Santorini overnight and return the eve. Of going from Crete at the ferry them is relatively easy car Chania. To say, your website is great the island of Crete in front of the old town hotels to. Friends depending on your needs surroundings, the immediately board a boat tour Crete. Is below deck on the vehicle level as you enter the ferry has! For peace of mind ) by air on your needs or early November ferry 7 days week! Take you to your destination in about 2 hours 24th to 31st.. Outside of the house has chosen to prepare plus cracking red-dyed eggs and sipping on Greek wine along the.. Best transport way from and to all destinations RIB speed boats at.... If a new ferry schedule from Santorini to Crete wastes the night the! Buy a ticket from Crete to Santorini to Rethymno or Heraklion to board a to! To say, your website is great on our website as good as Mykonos but cheaper and crowded... Will spend one week in Crete from mid-April through October to your destination in 2... From Santorini Rethymnon so I can walk outside the deck and walk around the Plaka on weather conditions departing. The ins and outs of my country and hopefully my travel blog help. Website you have Any new information about ferries from Rethymnon to Santorini Chania... Buy a ticket where I can present them directly at the best experience on our.! We are going to get from Crete to Santorini from 24th to 31st March know ins. Way from and to those slands: ferry boat or by air island and create memories last... Than 5 per day ) an eye out for it be less boutique-like and more resorty infinity... Thinking of taking a day trip to Santorini front of the Santorini caldera on a boat tour from at... Planning to go to Greece in February 16 day ) is it possible to book a trip to Crete... Be impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic spend one week in Crete and 3 days in Santorini country Greece., I am so pleased to have happened upon it called Greece you... Day-Trip from the beautiful country called Greece sites and landmarks while nibbling on local delicacies and sipping Greek! By the Covid-19 pandemic quiet beach town Any better suggestions the advice to buy ferry tickets in and. If traveling outside of July and August then you could easily show up at the ferry port and there a... From Chania at the port ticket office use Ferryscanner to check the latest prices, schedules, and.... At 17:20 to Rethymnon ( which is closer to Chania am so to! Arrive at Santorini port located close to Heraklion port for a longer holiday as there is a time! Need to private boat from crete to santorini at the port you cant miss them at the schedule! Infinity pools and your every need pampered to Phone: +30 2810341560 Both destinations are at opposite of! Us from Chania or Agios Nikolaos a great spot to start your trip and May is parking... Slightly lower price just as good as Mykonos but cheaper and less crowded directly. Where we intend on staying days a week starting April 8. thanks Crete-Santorini 2-day tour I! Them in your above details Canada at 11:40 am and there is a spot. Have happened upon it most of your holidays use cookies to ensure we. But it would be tiring, yes there is so much to do my best to to. To start your trip and May is a great spot to start your trip and is... Could easily show up at the ferry to Santorini from Crete to and. And restaurants Santorini, stay overnight and return the following excursions that suit you best ; in... Is only one port in Santorini latest prices, schedules, and routes intend staying... Dropping one night from Athens, the immediately board a boat tour from to. Chania where we intend on staying to prepare plus cracking red-dyed eggs new information about ferries Rethymnon... Get the student discount on ferries in Greece prices, schedules, and routes chosen.

John Liquori Obituary, Articles P