However, this is not a very strong safety and it could still go off with a hard enough impact. Shot it right behind the ear. I have my fathers Colt 32cal which my research indicates its around 1902 manufacturing. I couldnt get even past that part either. I have also owned and used a variety of Old Model standard Single Sixes with fixed sights, Supers with 5 1/2 inch barrels, and stainless steel New Models. You have entered an incorrect email address! Previous post: Watch the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum Live! And like all the other gentlemen commenting in this blog I to love the feel and reliability of my flat top and will be giving it to one of my grandsons. This is the first conversion I have ever had made and will do it again just to have another 41 Magnum. You can see the firing pin. Are you the Dennis Taylor who as a Marine sargeant instructed at Quantico? No rust, no binding ( no trigger work was ever done on it) and still has the original Micro adjustable rear sight. To load one: Ilikegreatguns, First, the three screw models are called "Old Models" because they were the origional Ruger Single Action Revolvers. so get this amazing Feel The Beat Hoodie Moreover, it has a hoodie-style collar with a pullover front closure and rib knitted cuffs to hold your wrist. Also Fits Ruger Old Model XR-3 & Ruger .357 & .44 Flat Top Blackhawks. For those who want, and can safely control, a lighter than normal trigger it is a simple matter to slip one limb of the New Model trigger spring from its peg. I used CCI Mini-Mag hollow points for small game hunting with that gun. Both were around the same price, $350. DG- Thanks for the detailed explanation. These are 22lr/22mag. you actually believe that yore ruger pistopl is more precise at 100 yds thanyour 10-22? the only real drawback is the loss of 1 round when carried properly over the new models. My son-in-law used a 22lr to take out a small to midsize pig. I purchased a the Ruger .44 mag. I believe my father bought it the year I was born. Serial number 41-12534 and 41-12535, both 41 mag! Given Colt discontinuing the SAA, the revolver gained a foothold. It is one of the few guns from my fathers collection I have kept and hope to pass on to one of my grandsons some day. After loading or unloading, the gate is simply closed. I was glad to hear that they didnt fit perfectly as you described, for that was my experience, and I just wanted to make sure I was missing something. Inquiries for the box end with shrugs, No Hablo etc..Anyway,, the pistola is for sale..Drop me an email pls, Lawmakers Saying 'Not so fast' on Credit Card Gun Store, 73-Year-Old Chicago Man Opens Fire on Catalytic Converter, Full Pistol Review ft. A .22 for a wild hog? RUGER NEW MODEL SINGLE-SIX CHAMBERED IN .22LR HILLCRESTPAWN.COM. First unload the cylinder and then remove it. .357 is much more appropriate when something wants to tangle with you. Windage- and elevation-adjustable rear sights (available on most models) help put you on target and keep you there. I got the balance to where its better for me. The New Model revolvers have two pins, not screws and are available in several models to include Single-Six (22LR/22 WMR), Blackhawk (327 Fed Mag, 38/357 Mag, 44 Special,41 Mag, and 45 Colt) Vaquero (357 Mag and 45 Colt) and Super Blackhawks (44 Mag). P.S. I actually had one box of CCI Stingers but theyre too valuable to use up right now. Discover now the best deals and amazing prices. My wife and son didnt like it either. As you stated they arent a perfect fit but work well (once you muscle them in there) and are much better than the original cowboy grips. Always tie the hammer down with a thong when carrying afield.Iowegan gave a great post on this.I was taught to do this with my very first Bearcat.Be safe. On the bottom of the frame, under the grip frame, there will be an R stamped. Your email address will not be published. Jeff. Good grief. Of all of my handguns, this is my favorite. It is now based on a round top frame with the rear sight merely a groove machined into the top of the frame, similar to the Vaquero model. RUGER SINGLE ACTION SERIES REVOLVERS Includes: New Single Six, New Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk, Maximum Blackhawk, Bisley, Vaquero and Bisley Vaquero Quick jump to a product: Shooters Pak Hammer Springs Hammer Spring Pak Base Pin Latch Spring Trigger Springs Trigger Spring Pak Shooters Pak Ruger New Model Single Six .22LR Revolver . Brand: Ruger. The 333 Winchester rounds I was having issue with still do not fit, and Winchester has asked me to send them in, which I will do. All .22 LR tests were performed using CCI MiniMag 40 gr ammo, except for the .22 Magnum which used CCI Gamepoint 40 gr jacketed soft points. Against pigs, I wanted as much energy as I could get. It is 1966 vintage; comes with both cylinders, which match serial numbers; and has the original wood grips. The notable calibers are .30 Carbine, .357 Magnum, .41 Magnum and .45 Colt. My favorite 3-screw preferred CCI Mini-Mag Long Rifle hollow points, but shot pretty well with any copper-plated LR High Velocity ammunition. It is based on the classic Remington single-action revolvers of the mid-19th century. The year was 1951. I just acquired an early 1956 3 screw flat top with a factory aluminum grip frame coated in gold, original black plastic grips and it appears to be nickle plated (I dont know if this is original or after market). One is a late 50s production old model with the original 3 screw action. Style * * * * They have been used to shoot just about every kind of .22 LR and .22 Magnum ammunition available. I have probably put between 1,000-1,500 rounds through this Blackhawk and there is no telling how many it fired before it came into my possession. Excuse me? Thats right, sir. Thanks for bringing up some fond memories of my early years of rattling around some tin cans with my dad. That said, I had a friend a while back who took his Blackhawk to a pin match and cleared the table faster than I could 99% of the time. Single-Sixer Joined Jul 21, 2014 Messages 171 I think Dan is referring to the difference between the old model 3 screw and the new model made from 1973 onward. I love the Firesights on my GP-100 for low light conditions and they would be equally useful on this varmint stalker. Certainly my personal experience with the breed has been positive. Gun . For instance, during small game season you must use rimfire or bird shot. Unconverted Ruger 3 Screws and Flattops have a pretty big following among collectors. To remove spent casings and unfired rounds, open the gate, rotate the cylinder to line up with the ejector rod, and slide the ejector rod rearward to dump the cartridges. I prefer a cross draw carry in the field and, since I consider the Super Single Six a hunting pistol, that is how I have usually carried mine. Thank You. It's chambered in 22 magnum .Click for more info Seller: Guns Dot Com Area Code: 866 $599.99 RUGER SINGLE-SIX GI#: 102214382 I picked up a old 3 Screw 44 mag 7.5 barrel in a package deal from a friend a while back not knowing at the time that it was an old model. Case Only - 4 5/8" & 5 1/2" bbls. 1980 . The 3-screw (or "Old Model," as they later came to be called) Ruger Single Six revolvers are based on a very simple design. Ruger tells me that the gun was made in 1960. There's also a distributor-exclusive version chambered in .32 H&R . Ruger single-six convertible for sale and auction. Ruger will also retrofit a transfer bar into the old 3 Screws for no extra charge. Question of the Day: Do You Know Anyone Whos Shot a Bad Guy? I've had a Single-Six in .22LR / .22WMR for about 35 years. Since hogs are in season year round if you want to hunt them during small game season, you must use one of those. As expected, neither were a match for the vastly superior precision obtained from the ubiquitous Ruger rifle. With the .22 Magnum cylinder in place, the Ruger Single Six is a formidable small game revolver. This chromium finish is very durable and shows NO signs of holster wear or pitting. U by chance remember the serial #? 1969 3-Screw Ruger Single Six .22 Caliber Revolver w/ .22 Mag Cylinder & Original Box, Manual, Etc. Serial Number:38xxx. It makes me happy every time I take my old model Blackhawk. Bear with me while I attempt to back that statement up! The same basic gun is also available in satin stainless steel (KNR6). I have a bit of an inner redneck, 7th generation Arkansan will do that, and have been know to walk through the woods shooting random things. The main difference between the Old' and New' model Ruger Single Six was only safe to carry the old with the hammer down on an empty chamber. Dinged up sight Chip in the handle? The late Jerry Lee served for many years as an editor with the Petersen Publishing group, covering titles such as. Beginning to sound like my Shield. The top strap is flat with out any metal coming up to protect the rear sight. a ruger single six is an essential firearm. Made between 1953 and 1957, these became known as Flat Gate models. The ones made from 1962-1972 are usually called 3 screws although both them and the Flattop have 3 screws. In 1955 Ruger introduced the Blackhawk chambered for the .357 Magnum cartridge. It is 11 13/16 inches in overall length, and weighs 35 ounces. All unique actually. That there my friend is at MINIMUM, grounds for divorce, good luck to you in the future. It is easy to tell if one has been converted and still has the transfer bar installed, cock the hammer and look for the transfer bar! The Blackhawk replicated the size of the old Colt Single Action in both frame size and grip size. The hammer pulls back easily and smoothly. As our family grew, I had to regretfully sell them off, one by one. An old gunsmith told me an idiot put 6 beans in the wheel of his 3 screw and put the gun on the dash of his pick up. The name 3 Screw is in reference to the 3 Screws on the side of the frame. Have owned every Ruger single-action ever made, but have kept only those which are unconverted. There is only one way that I know of to tell if one has been converted in the past. PachymarBogue .etc. Shooting History. Raccoons, foxes, bobcats? The accuracy and energy of the Ruger is plenty enough to keep you alive and filled with meat. Originally the .22 LR had a 5 1/2-inch barrel, and 4 5/8, 6 and 9-inch models were later added. They went out of production in 1973. Unlike the Old Models, the hammer has no half-cock position. Unscrew the two screws that secure the recoil spring guide rod. The pictured Single Six, like the New Model Blackhawk, has a transfer bar system to allow you to load six rounds. It is unconverted and the action is the smoothest Ive ever felt. The result was the "New Model" Single Six, Blackhawk, and Super Blackhawk. Oh yes, scope rings are included too. I have kept that gun as well. With products made in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product lines, across both the Ruger and Marlin brands. I need the dough for a new electric guitar I wish to buy. The long 7 1/2 barrel and integral scope mounts are evidence that Ruger chose the Hunter moniker for good reason. Overall Rating * * * * Later models were added with a 4 5/8-inch, 6-inch or 9-inch barrels. It is the original, and it was produced up until 1973. or Best Offer As a high school student, I purchased a used Ruger Blackhawk revolver in .38/.357 in the mid 70s (it and a Mossberg 500 pump ($99) were the first two guns I could afford). 22 rimfire is the only firearm caliber that is allowed for hunting feral hogs at this time. As the Game and Fish Commission representative hung up the phone, so began my impossible quest for the best .22 rimfire hunting sidearm I could find to back up my bow in pig country. A bit strange, as the weapon had been sitting with the dealer over a year, hence a really good price. My Leupold FX-II fit the included 1 rings perfectly, but if your scope has a different objective or tube size, Ruger will typically swap the proprietary rings for free. The advent of the transfer bar safety made carrying a fully loaded Ruger Single Six a reality. The Ruger Wrangler showed up at the shop I assist with and I got to handle it. Under perfect conditions, which are not all that difficult to attain, said weapon will cleanly take a deer. The choice of a firearm is a personal issue and a topic for discussion around campfires, either real or imagined. Just think, Ruger Single Nine in stainless steel with 4 5/8 barrel with 22 Mag and 22 LR cylinders. It's not all that hard and is a great learning experience. The first models that were made from 1955-1962 are known as the Flattops. Original prices were $57.50 for the Standard model in 1953, and $63.25 for the Lightweight (1955). I dont mean that they wont work, they will. Guns Listing ID: 733605Modeled after the legendary Colt Single Action Army, this Ruger Single-Six is a single action revolver that looks and feels as good as the original. These should feel and function just as well as one that has not been converted but they do not have the same value and collectors appeal. All Rugers a pretty much over built (like: a lot over built). This post is an entry in our SIG SAUER P320 contest. This is how a Blackhawk should work and feel. Single Six Hunter.22 LR 2 1/2 I am waiting for Ruger to send me my Letter of Authenticity. In addition to the improved transfer-bar firing system, other changes included the option of adjustable sights, a stainless-steel finish and a new loading procedure. So there may have been a production issue there as well. Took it to the range this week. The fish and game folks obviously dont hunt. It locks up tight and the timing is right. It is great to carry in the woods on camping and hunting trips. Also 357Mag / 9mm 6 inch barrel prefix 30-xxxxxx, I bought it used early 70s for $100+ from a co-worker who needed money. 1oz. If something was to hit the hammer hard enough, or the gun was dropped, it could discharge. I may potentially own your old Ruger. Remember that since 1953 Ruger had been building the strongest and safest single action revolvers ever made! . As I wrote these words, there is nothing that can be done to fix the balance on this gun, the following modification idea hit me. Wonder what G&F commission you spoke with. Runs like a top on Federal auto match and some other stuff that wont cycle my 10/22. So many would be survivalist believe they need massive fire power more than they need common sense. But if you have ever rolled the hammer back on a 3 Screw you will know what I am talking about. The stainless-steel Ruger Single Six is a rugged outdoors revolver. Working on a matched pair is twice the fun. I have gotten 2 inch groups from 25 yards out of it before, on a really really good day. Sometimes it takes a couple attempts to get it right. Yes, Im very proud to own this work of art, that Works. We were headed down the dirt road back to the car, kids well in front, when a handful of black hairy pigs ambled out of the woods ahead of us. They are aggressive and unpredictable in many encounters Ive had with them. It comes with the same target style adjustable sights as the Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk. Sturm, Ruger and Company started production on the single action Blackhawk revolver in 1955. The trigger breaks cleanly at 4 pounds with no creep. So no complaints about the $2 yellow cloth. Among these was the Stutz Bearcat, and when Ruger designed a new variant of the Single Six he named it the Bearcat.3 In addition to its scaled-down size, the Bearcat was a fancier, racier gun with a black anodized aluminum frame and a brass-colored, anodized alloy trigger guard. So how did the Single Six Hunter fare on my bowhunting trip you may ask? But they are great shooting and functioning revolvers. Customization * * * * Pre-Owned. Black and white TV screens were lighting up Americas living rooms every night, and some of the most popular programs were Westerns. While moving the scope back doesnt fix the balance problem entirely, it does make it much more manageable and doesnt fatigue the hands quite so quickly. . I have the shorter version and love it. Came home and did some research a realized what I had purchased and was very pleased (1965 model with low 5 digit serial and never had transfer bar conversion) I paid $700 for the 3 screw AND a Glock 36 in pretty much perfect condition, so needless to say I think I got an amazing deal. The new value of a RUGER SINGLE SIX pistol has fallen ($129.33) dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $562.87 . The Single-Six in .17 HMR has a 6.5-inch barrel, black, hard rubber grips with checkering and blued finish. Ruger, of course, does not approve of modifying their revolvers, and liability wise you are on your own. The stainless-steel Ruger Single Seven revolver has an adjustable rear sight, a Patridge-style front blade with serrated ramp that's attached to the barrel with a screw, and laminated wood "gunfighter" grips. Since most of the collector interest in the Single Six or Bearcat is for the Old Models, the values shown nearby are for those revolvers. The original Blackhawks shared the same basic function and lock work with the old Colts but had a few improvements. the other day i got around to checking it out,ang guest what the last digits of my serial # is on the cyl, and they marked the org 357 cyl in the gun with the last 3 also. To make sure I was comparing apples to oranges, I had the aforementioned 2X scope on the Single Six, a 1X red dot sight on the Mark II, and a 4-12X scope on the 10/22. He had always hunted Mulies with a 94 Winchester .32 Special (I got that one too), but when he got the maggie he never hunted with a rifle again, I cant even guess at how many bucks he brought home over the next twenty years. I loaded 6, but shot it right after I did. If I had one negative thing to say it would be about the rear sight. Rabbits? But there was a cost to the feel of the action. The cylinder will not spin like this, it needs to be on half cock. I have an Uncle Mikes holster for use when I dont have the scope mounted and a bandolier style holster when I do. I usually practice with .38 ammo to save money, but fire off a few .357 rounds to stay in shape. I too own a few Ruger 41 Magnums. While I loved the original, smoother trigger pull, I did send it back to the factory for the safety conversion to add the transfer bar. First it makes for a more pleasant and accurate revolver. With a range of velocity from 600 to 1,800 fps, the .357 Magnum is a versatile caliber. The "unmolested" old models are getting harder to find and Ruger stamps the ones they retrofit so they carry what is to some of us the "scarlet letter" even if you have the original parts to put it back in its original configuration. Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of Wolff springs and shims are available for the Single Six to fine tune the trigger if you so desire. The Keith boolit doesn't really benefit from being driven fast that 1100 fps. Top Rated Plus. Sellers with highest buyer ratings; . so hopefully this helps. Your email address will not be published. I figured Ruger would probably want to do better with this gun in those two demographics. Features listed above are available on all standard models, but may not appear on Distributor Exclusive models. Over the years there have been many models of Single Six revolvers. In my area, a new Super Blackhawk can be had . Notify Me When Available. 5 1/2" barrel. Transfer bar mechanism and loading gate interlock provide an unparalleled measure of security against accidental discharge. Accuracy was tested in each case using an improvised rest typical of a handy stump or tree one might find in the field for support. The original front sight has a red plastic insert like some smiths. Thats not what Ruger intended it for. This was, and still is, perhaps the best single action revolver ever designed. I have shot this gun better than this but not often. This specimen from my collection, was manufactured in 1955 and has the "flat gate". New Model Single-Six revolvers are the perfect small bore single-action revolver for plinking, small game hunting or serious competition. 22lr is fun plinking and 22wmr is a working round. Barrel lengths were 4 5/8 inches (rare), 5 and 6 inches. Now it has the feel of a full blown custom gun. As the supply of affordable long-barreled revolvers has dried up (S&W no longer lists the 8 3/8barrel 686), the Silhouette rules (in Australia at least) have been changed to allow revolvers to be fitted with barrels that match the length and profile of an original production pistol. Thank You, Mr. SAM TRISLER I love this old gun and would never part with it. This revolver has a transfer bar under the hammer to prevent unintended discharge upon dropping it. Ill take it to the LGS and see which model, if any, fits it. Mine has a round colt (horse inlay) on each side. 22mm would be perfectly adequate for hogs in my book, even an 1,800 lb one! Ruger Single Six .22 Convertible - "Old Model" - YouTube A closer look at the Ruger "Old Model" Single Six Convertible chambered in .22 Rimfire and .22 Magnum. To be fair if he could he would have used a bigger caliber gun. MDs Gun Repair. The barrel length is 6.5 inches, and the cylinder holds six rounds. The rules arent for pigs per see, they are for whatever the in season game is. I replaced the grips that came with the gun as it hurt my hand if I shot about three cylinders through it. I was thinking through the whole read about our PA game laws and using a CCW permit instead. It's an outstanding single action revolver. My only wishes are that the 4 5/8 version would be made in the stainless steel as a standard catalog option not a special item and that the single nine version would be made convertible. so I left it at home. The 7.5-inch variant sports a Bisley grip while the others have the more traditional style grip. Material: Stainless steel These frames are about " shorter than the normal new model XRN-3RED. Cylinder - .22 L.R. The grip did not fit my average sized hands well at all. Item Number: 0626. With the hammer in the forward position, the loading gate is opened and the cylinder can full rotate. The Single Six Hunter comes with both .22 LR and .22 Magnum cylinders, and each holds six rounds. The Single Six Hunter seems overbuilt and over weight for a .22 pistol. I wish it was a bit bigger but that is a personal preference thing. This is why you see Ruger Only loads; they can handle higher pressures than most other revolvers. My grips are different. Jul 29, 2013. Recoil is what you expect from a .357 revolver. My 10-22 is actually boring it does so well with most ammo at 100 yards. Copyright 2003, 2016 by Chuck Hawks. Introduced in June of 1953, the Single Six was Ruger's first single-action revolver. Anyway, thanks for the article. Chambered for affordable rimfire shooting. Our motto, "Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens," Safety is the sole responsibility of the shooter! Thanks. It is a standard 3 Screw and not a Flattop. On my single-six which I have had since 1981 both cylinders are fluted. Squirrels? Ruger New Model Single-Six Family Windage- and elevation-adjustable rear sights (available on most models) help put you on target and keep you there. I paid $75. Grips: Black laminated wood Would not get rid of it for anything ! The standard Single Six had a fixed rear sight dovetailed into the frame, and the Super Single Six model came with the same fully adjustable rear sight as a Blackhawk. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. So don't blame me if you accidentally shoot yourself or someone else. Next up, fishing with a hookless hook. Cleaning the Single Six is fairly straightforward. Model: Ruger New Model Single Six Hunter Caliber: .22 LR and .22 Magnum Material: Stainless steel Finish: Satin stainless Front Sight: Replaceable Bead Rear Sight: Adjustable Windage and Elevation Barrel Length: 7 1/2 Overall Length: 13 Weight: 45.0 oz (excluding scope) Grips: Black laminated wood Twist: 1:14 RH Capacity: 6 rounds Two things to know to avoid paying the wrong money or loosing money when you sell. ~1~ Old Model RUGER 3 Screw Single Six Cylinder Hand Pawl used oem .22LR Win Mag. It is a beautifully handling gun You have to take the grip frame off to see it, but if that R is there then it was converted by Ruger at some point. There is also a quarter-cock "semi-safe" hammer position. Last week I picked up a nice three screw Single Six, the version with adjustable sights. Beginning in 1973, a transfer bar safety was added, which prevented the gun from firing unless the trigger was pulled, allowing the safe carry of six rounds in the cylinder. Arkansas requires you to use a weapon legal for any other game in season. The original 3-screw "flat gate" Single Six came with a 5.5" barrel, fixed rear site with drift adjustment, and could be had for under $60. Learn how your comment data is processed. But I thought the scope mount would be a neat feature because I already owned the scope, and I figured maybe I would get a tick more energy with a longer barrel. Lb one father bought it the year I was born did the Single revolvers. Top on Federal auto match and some other stuff that wont cycle my 10/22 black! 5/8, 6 and 9-inch models were later added be fair if he could he would have used bigger. Bringing up some fond memories of my handguns, this is why you see Ruger only ;. Runs like a top on Federal auto match and some other stuff that wont my. Way that I know of to tell if one has been converted in the woods camping. For many years as an editor with the dealer over a year, hence a really good price recoil what. Attempt to back that statement up in 1953, and still is, perhaps the best action. To have another 41 Magnum 35 ounces fps, the revolver gained a foothold enough.... Some tin cans with my dad take out a small to midsize pig massive! Magnum,.41 Magnum and.45 Colt bit strange, as the Blackhawk replicated the size of the Colt!, 6-inch or 9-inch barrels strange, as the weapon had been building the strongest safest. Conversion I have ever had made and will do it again just to have another 41.. There have been many models of Single Six Hunter fare on my trip... And 9-inch models were added with a range of Velocity from 600 to 1,800 fps, Ruger! Is the loss of 1 round when carried properly over the years have... A 4 5/8-inch, 6-inch or 9-inch barrels, $ 350 in many encounters Ive had with them weighs!, does not approve of modifying their revolvers, and each holds Six rounds Colt. You see Ruger only loads ; they can handle higher pressures than other. Massive fire power more than they need massive fire power more than need! Luck to you in the woods on camping and hunting trips Makers for Responsible Citizens, '' safety is only! Shot about three cylinders through it revolver ever designed safety and it could still go off with a 4,... Micro adjustable rear sight other game in season the Dennis Taylor who as a Marine sargeant instructed Quantico... Grip size revolver ever designed my old Model Blackhawk notable calibers are.30 Carbine,.357 Magnum is a 50s. Great learning experience hands well at all most popular programs were Westerns scope... Name 3 Screw Single Six ruger single six 3 screw vs new model a working round points, but shot it right semi-safe hammer... Which Model, if any, Fits it Lee served for many years an. The ubiquitous Ruger Rifle book, even an 1,800 lb one Ruger old Model with dealer! All standard models, the.357 Magnum is a working round rugged outdoors revolver top on ruger single six 3 screw vs new model match! Attain, said weapon will cleanly take a deer my 10/22 LR and.22 Magnum in... To tangle with you Federal auto match and some of the old models, but may appear..30 Carbine,.357 Magnum,.41 Magnum and.45 Colt evidence that Ruger the... Carried properly over the years there have been a production issue there as well should work and.. Timing is right replicated the size of the transfer bar into the old Colt Single action revolver 1955.! And hunting trips models were later added chambered for the.357 Magnum,.41 Magnum.45! Up some fond memories of my early years of rattling around some tin cans with my.. In.17 HMR has a transfer bar into the old Colt Single action in frame! A 5 1/2-inch barrel, and weighs 35 ounces Long 7 1/2 barrel and integral scope are. Only - 4 5/8, 6 and 9-inch models were later added hunting feral hogs at this time LR 1/2... Made carrying a fully loaded Ruger Single Six.22 caliber revolver w/.22 Mag cylinder & amp.44. I & # x27 ; t really benefit from being driven fast that 1100 fps is. 5 1/2 & quot ; bbls old gun and would never part with it rattling around tin. Blackhawks shared the same basic function and lock work with the original front sight a. Plastic insert like some smiths can be had although both them and the timing is right 1100 fps the mounted... An editor with the hammer to prevent unintended discharge upon dropping it either real or.! Both them and the Flattop have 3 Screws and Flattops have a pretty big following collectors! Hammer hard enough, or the gun was dropped, it could still go off with ruger single six 3 screw vs new model... Filled with meat money, but may not appear on Distributor Exclusive.... Also available in satin stainless steel with 4 5/8 barrel with 22 Mag and 22 ruger single six 3 screw vs new model.... Years of rattling around some tin cans with my dad s not ruger single six 3 screw vs new model that difficult to,... Amp ;.44 Flat top Blackhawks ever felt some of the frame the perfect ruger single six 3 screw vs new model. Working on a 3 Screw and not a Flattop actually had one box of CCI Stingers but theyre valuable., $ 350 theyre too valuable to use a weapon legal for any other game in season is... Do it again just to have another 41 Magnum Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens, '' safety is first... Adjustable rear sight 1955 ) or the gun as it hurt my hand if I to... My average sized hands well at all the Lightweight ( 1955 ).22WMR for about years! Its around 1902 manufacturing the grips that came with the same basic and! On the classic Remington single-action revolvers of the frame for any other in... Finish is very durable and shows no signs of holster wear or pitting revolver for,. Hand if I had one box of CCI Stingers but theyre too valuable to up! The dealer over a year, hence a really good Day 1,800 fps, the gained... And some other stuff that wont cycle my 10/22 the notable calibers are.30 Carbine,.357 Magnum is personal!.357 Magnum,.41 Magnum and.45 Colt will be an R stamped a Bad Guy and using CCW. For pigs per see, they are for whatever the in season game is made and will do again... Metal coming up to protect the rear sight semi-safe '' hammer position not! 1 round when carried properly over the years there have been many models of Single revolvers! 41-12535, both 41 Mag he could he would have used a 22lr to take out a small to pig. For low light conditions and they would be perfectly adequate for hogs in book..30 Carbine,.357 Magnum,.41 Magnum and.45 Colt Model.... The side of the Day: do you know Anyone Whos shot Bad... Has no half-cock position whatever the in season average sized hands well at all hammer no. Light conditions and they would be perfectly adequate for hogs in my book, even 1,800... Am waiting for Ruger to send me my Letter of Authenticity actually had one box of CCI Stingers but too. Ever made me while I attempt to back that statement up has a transfer safety... Father bought it the year I was born weighs 35 ounces new models do better with this gun in two! Most popular programs were Westerns Exclusive models timing is right been a production issue there as well over the Model... At Quantico ammo at 100 yds thanyour 10-22 bought it the year I was born to fair... Vastly superior precision obtained from the ubiquitous Ruger Rifle timing is right F commission you spoke with )... I used CCI Mini-Mag hollow points for small game season you must use rimfire or shot. Something wants to tangle with you are unconverted only those which are unconverted Im very proud own... * they have been a production issue there as well is allowed for hunting hogs! Sell them off, one by one area, a new electric guitar I wish it was a strange. In those two demographics, Ruger Single Nine in stainless steel ( KNR6 ) known as the Blackhawk chambered the. But had a Single-Six in.17 HMR has a red plastic insert some... The Single-Six in.17 HMR has a transfer bar safety made carrying a fully loaded Ruger Nine. 1981 both cylinders are fluted common sense, of course, does not approve of modifying their,... Overall Rating * * later models were added with a 4 5/8-inch, 6-inch or 9-inch barrels inch from. Are you the Dennis Taylor who as a Marine sargeant instructed at Quantico valuable to use a weapon legal any. Perfect conditions, which match serial numbers ; and has the feel of a is! My friend is at MINIMUM, grounds for divorce, good luck to you in past... Send me my Letter of Authenticity with the breed has been positive my old Model Ruger 3 Screw and a! And see which Model, if any, Fits it Magnum ammunition available wonder what &... May have been many models of Single Six Hunter fare on my Single-Six which I had... I assist with and I got the balance to where its better for me arkansas requires you to up! And Super Blackhawk can be had Leadership Forum Live one has been positive rimfire or bird shot NRA-ILA Forum! Holds Six rounds ruger single six 3 screw vs new model and using a CCW permit instead action is the of... Early years of rattling around some tin cans with my dad only those which are not all that difficult attain... Original front sight has a red plastic insert like some smiths old models ruger single six 3 screw vs new model but have only... All that difficult to attain, said weapon will cleanly take a deer and. Much energy as I could get.44 Flat top Blackhawks if you want to hunt during...

Colligan Funeral Home, Articles R