We had lunch there and also went in the water, and there was no fee to be on their premises. Thankfully, we found a local lady who felt sorry for us and called her friend to drive us to the hotel but otherwise, we might have been waiting for a long time . I would hate to be stuck on Moorea as that is our last port of call before Auckland! You can collect points at both properties. Property offers above-average accommodations, service, comfort, facilities and grounds. When the PG called for us last month they were told 139$..maybe I heard wrong. Not sure when we can go now so have not rebooked. @Anna Karsten, are you sure you stayed at the right Sofitel? Does anyone know if either of these hotels offer day passes with lunch & use of facilities? I even know someone who stayed with 3 kids in one overwater bungalow. Id say its like a 3* resort, if even, which was disappointing. But the relative ease of access and the remarkable diversity of Moorea itself makes the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa easy to recommend. A luxurious South Pacific retreat from the Hilton Worldwide Resorts collection. We only went there on day pass from the Gauguin, but the afternoon was magical! Get answers to your questions about Moorea, Can family of 4 stay in over water bungalow at Hilton Moorea. I hope this doesnt last long, but it is a Hilton strategy in the US in order to recoup lost revenue due to Covid. I think the snorkeling at the Sofitel is a little better. How does one arrange this? we just ordered lunch in room service. From $4,999 per person Ready to Plan the Perfect Vacation? They offered to let us upgrade to an OWB for ~$250 per night but the room they had was right next to the restaurant and anything but private. Our trip is coming up fast and I checked with our bank to get XPFs and it is not within the currency they can order. Best Over Water Bungalow Moorea or Bora Bora? We use this service sometimes if we like to dink, but Les Tipaniers or Lizzard Jaune you need to use your (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Located on the eastern side of Moorea, closest to the airport and ferry dock, this hotel is also the most convenient. Gorgeous views of the lagoon and mountains without any islands or ferries to destroy your peaceful experience. You can get towels, use the pool, and the price of the pass also includes lunch at their outdoor restaurant right there on the beach. Alternatively, you may use. Any advice recommendations would be appreciated. Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea resort Hilton Moorea Review Location, location, location. Can't comment on what I may have missed by staying elsewhere but it is really tough to imagine any better snorkeling anywhere. Our main concern is that the Hilton looks like it is closer to restaurants outside of the resort whilst there doesn't seem to be much out and around the Sofitel, is this correct ? Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa. Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea Beach Resort. She said it would be $5 each. Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea Beach Resort. +689 40 55 12 12 Due to a mishap with a travel agent, I actually stayed at both Sofitel and Hilton Moorea and Ill be very real: theres a huge difference between them, but I thought Hilton Moorea was incomparably better than Sofitel for a number of reasons. . Your review sounds like a totally different hotel! We were told by locals that the Hilton had the best reef in the lagoon for sea life. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. CC Help Jenn Started October 12, 2018, Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea is situated on the edge of a magnificent lagoon, with views toward the island of Tahiti. We were greeted with a bottle of ros and congratulations on our anniversary by the bed. Just look at this video http://hilton.virtual-moorealagoonresort.com/. For instance, we went to the Pure restaurant on site one evening when my wife had an upset stomach. There are now 20 taxis in Moorea.used to have only 15 taxis. I agree with this approach but treat it like figure skating: through out the high and low scores and read those in the middle. Romantic Dinner on Deck Paul Gauguin Cruises offers A Day at the Beach shore excursions which include lunch. There was only one restaurant and one beach bar/mini-restaurant with an extremely limited repetitive menu (basically the same food every day) and the food was awful delicately speaking. Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea is situated on the edge of a magnificent lagoon, with views toward the island of Tahiti. One exception though -- we LOVED Heidi and Yumi at the diving center. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Pro's and Con's to both, but my goodness if anyone is lucky enough to stay at either one I can't imagine not being thrilled! Our overwater bungalow was of good quality. The bed was comfortable, we had an indoor/outdoor shower, and a really nice front lanai where we could have cocktails in the evening and watch the water/beach. Let's organize your dream day or . This was world class. Best Over Water Bungalow Moorea or Bora Bora? more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. When you want to head back to the ship just be at the entrance road going Temae beach and wave at the bus as it comes by. They were the kindest people we met there. My first snorkeling was in Egypt in 90 ies and many after so I do get some idea about fish and crystal clear waters. The pool was small, but the water was heated and we met a ton of families at the pool as well. If you not go for a OWB, then I might would choose the Sofitel over the Hilton. The pool was heated and warm. As an alternative, you can go to the small Les Tipaniers hotel, which is also on a lovely beach, and use their beach to swim and snorkel. Video Review of the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa in French Polynesia.Today I'm reviewing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa. Costco Travel recommends the purchase of insurance as an affordable way to cover your travel investment. The vacation shown is based on availability. Bay. The Sofitel appears to attract a more European clientele; their room service prices were the same as in the restaurant, while the Hilton had a very significant markup on room service. We are booked at the Hilton in September at our travel advisors recommendation. Le complexe htelier est dot d'une piscine extrieure et de 2 restaurants. It certainly worked for us. Or in other words, we were not special. Resort avec 113 bungalows de luxe btis sur l'eau, sur la plage ou au cur de jardins paysags. Been going to the Sofitel for 20 years, heck my honeymoon was there. We had our own snorkel equipment, but I believe the day pass entitles you to get gear from their dive kiosk in the pool area. Located minutes from the international airport, ferry/cruise pier and downtown Papeete, Hilton Hotel Tahiti is the newest oceanfront resort in French Polynesia that celebrates a rich island heritage and provides true Tahitian hospitality, refined contemporary cuisine and panoramic views over Moorea. On the whole, my wife and I were kinda shocked at how unaccommodating the staff was. Our top10 best snorkeling spots to see sharks. Whoever got that upgrade for free is super lucky! We wanted to go to Bora . are not included and are available for an additional cost. Sofitel Boutique. Book one of the 113 bungalows spread in the tropical gardens, on the edge of the lagoon, directly on the beach or over the turquoise lagoon and live a magnifique experience in the heart of Paradise. Day 2 we saw Tewa Wilkes whom we have used in the past so we used him. I thought we had decided on the Hilton but with all this extra time to search and research, more confused than ever! Member reviews become available after at least 5 are received in order to provide you with an accurate picture of this travel product. I've stayed at all three several times for several days ;). They had a nice espresso machine and robes/flashlight/umbrellas/big-TV-that-didnt-get-any-English-channels, etc. I had lunch and checked it out. If we wanted the OWB, it would be $400 that night. and tends to attract slightly more of a European crowd while the Hilton tends to have a slightly larger percentage of American tourists. If you only stay at one resort theres a big chance that youll be mostly satisfied with your resort because lets be real: none of the resorts in Moorea are bad places. The only complaint with the Sofitel is that only one restaurant (Pure) is open. I thoroughly enjoyed the Sofitel when I stayed with my cousin in 2008. They spoke excellent English. Moorea Lagoon Spa. Sofitel Moorea Shallow lagoon with coral and reef fish Level: Free shore access Resort nearby at 5.6 miles Tahiti and the Society Islands Lagoonarium Shallow lagoon with coral, sharks and stingrays Level: at 6.6 miles Tahiti and the Society Islands InterContinental Resort Tahiti Reef and artificial lagoon with colorful fish Level: Resort nearby Visiting Bora Bora with Kids + FS Bora Bora Review. When I read other reviews in regards to food at Sofitel I thought people might have been picky, but nope, food was cheap cafeteria quality. Ironically, we had free pods waiting for us in the room right as we were checking out, but by then Id already gotten coffee elsewhere. Theres a nice running trail you can take by the tiny airport, and if you walk to the beach next to the resort, theres a really good poke food truck that's open until 2:30 pm. I could go on and on but you get the idea. For years we used to go to the Sofitel no charge. A highlight for us was the creperie. That is how much we want to experience that lagoon again. 13 Night Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahiti Honeymoon Package HTMB13 Enjoy the best of the islands for your Tahiti honeymoon with a 1 night stay at the Manava Suite Resort in Tahiti followed by 6 nights at the Moorea Manava and 6 nights at the Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort. gardenMaui, September 24, 2015 in Paul Gauguin Cruises. more. 5 nights on Moorea. Sofitel is on a nice larger beach and is a larger resort. Posted 6 days ago. Have seen Sofitel Moorea but have not stayed there. To extend that dinner staff at one of the restaurants decided to take our baby for a stroll so we had a chance to eat dinner in peace. Your review makes no sense, your pictures don't even look like the OWB we stayed in, not even remotely. Compared to the Sofitel, the room didnt feel as special, even though the inside was very nice. Guess I must have influence, he he, as I had no problem getting day use without a room and it included lunch. The shower was a bit odd and sprayed water everywhere, but it was really just fine. The snorkeling is absolutely to die for there and we didn't have any issues with service aside from a couple of annoyances that can be found in my review. I have stayed at the Sofitel and did not stay at the Hilton but toured its grounds last time I was on Moorea in 2011 because I wanted to see what all the hubbub was about. Marine life identification guide. Share your photos with us and tell the world about your stay @Sofitel. We stay in an OWB but pay for it. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-102768173', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');car to get there from the Sofitel. The water around the bungalows is clear as can be, and there are thousands of fish right outside your deck which is a huge bonus of Hilton over Sofitel. We had a wonderful stay, all of the staff was helpful and friendly, huge beach area, the morning buffet was awesome and the restaurant food was delicious. Which do you think has the best overwater bungalows, best snorkling, best location, best food and best value for money. Mind you, I am not so keen on eating a big meal as we will have more than enough to eat on the ship! Boasting French style infused with Tahitian hospitality, the hotels two acclaimed restaurants provide an intimate and romantic setting with incredible panoramic views and live entertainment. There are some key differences between both hotels, but lets be real: its nowhere near the quality of attentive care you can get in Bora Bora. Hi, I'm new to Paul Gauguin cruise line but I have heard so many wonderful reviews from friends over the last 20 + years and we are finally booking a 10 day cruise for next June. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. And we paid more here than we did for the Sofitel, which had been our most expensive hotel to date. %[}]. We stayed at the Hilton in an OWB in October and I can only describe it as paradise - I want to go back! are better, can you expand on that please. Hilton was $90.00, We planned to go to the Hilton but the taxi driver told us she could drop us off at Temae beach since all we wanted was two hours in the water. We too have been to the Sofitel and they didn't charge us but things have certainly changed since then even though last year we spent 4 days there before our cruise plus we are members of A-Club. They did give us a late checkout so we could stay in our room long enough to catch the last ferry back. For complete information, please visit the airline's website. I plan to monitor closely and may switch to Sofitel. I had read on Tripadvisor that there were 2 types of breakfasts at the Hilton continental and buffet. The Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa is centrally located on a sandy beach between Moorea's two iconic bays. My husband had a not-so-wonderful idea that well just get a taxi when we get there nope, there are no taxis waiting. Accessible via a short ferry ride from Papeete, positioned on the eastern side of Moorea, makes it the most convenient and one of the best off-Tahiti island experiences. It was also an especially busy time. GOURMET DINNER CHIC STAY BREAKFAST Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea Beach Resort offers a private beach where you can enjoy beach umbrellas, beach massages, and beachside drinks, plus you'll have access to onsite scuba diving, snorkeling, and kayaking. In fact, when we do go back on the Gauguin (whenever that takes place) we have decided to take the short week cruise on the Gauguin, and spend 5-6 days at the Hilton. You might want to compare bungalow decor and see which appeals to you. They also had a happy hour for cocktails with live music and a band at breakfast, so meals were always fun. She just wanted something bland and asked the waitress to see the kids menu. If youre trying to decide between the two, I would count on having to pay for any upgrades, then go with whatever one costs less. We stayed at the Moorea Pearl (got home last week) but went for a drive and walk through the other resorts. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. Scattered throughout the property, they offer a dramatic views over the pond or the tropical gardens. Show all Photos . The fees and inclusions are outside the control of Costco Travel and are subject to change by the hotel without notice. Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. The water at both places was amazing and clear. The info below is based on the ship mooring in Cook's Bay. Te'avaro, Moorea . We stayed on Moorea a week ago and visited both the Sofitel and the Hilton, it all depends on personal preference but our thoughts were: - amazing views of Tahiti from the resort, - less private as the property adjoins a public beach, - more compact looking resort (can look 'busier' due to less space), - preferred and look/layout of the OWB's to the Sofitel's. I think we're leaning towards Hilton again as smaller resort sounds more up our ally. Last year they upgraded us to an OWB. Snorkelling was fabulous - fish everywhere and right off the end of the bungalow! Maybe because it lacked the Mountain and Tahiti view in the distance. The snorkeling area includes the shallow waters around the overwater bungalows, as well as the coral reefs right next to the area (beginning just south of the bungalows, see map). I have stayed at both hotels (Sofitel twice and Hilton once) and have been on three cruises in French Polynesia. 20 Best Traditional Polish Foods You'll Love, Best Travel Strollers: Honest & Updated Reviews, Best Ride On Suitcases for Toddlers (Kids Luggage for Travel), 25 Interesting Facts About Mexico You Probably Don't Know, Things to Know Before Renting a Car in Italy, Marrakech Travel Tips: What to Know Not to Get Disappointed, Where to Stay in Amsterdam: Best Neighborhoods - By a Local. Pros and cons of each? I think it depends on what are you going to Moorea for, because if your main aim are activities then you might as well stay at an AirBnB and youll be just fine. For information and assistance in completing your reservation, please call: {"canada":{"mapOfRegionInfo":{"YVR":{"supportedBundleRegions":["WHI"],"regionDisplayName":"Vancouver"},"WHI":{"supportedBundleRegions":["YVR"],"regionDisplayName":"Whistler"}},"defaultChecked":false,"multiIsland":false,"multiCity":true},"hawaii":{"mapOfRegionInfo":{"HNL":{"supportedBundleRegions":["LIH","KOA","OGG"],"regionDisplayName":"Oahu"},"LIH":{"supportedBundleRegions":["HNL","KOA","OGG"],"regionDisplayName":"Kauai"},"KOA":{"supportedBundleRegions":["HNL","LIH","OGG"],"regionDisplayName":"Hawaii Island"},"OGG":{"supportedBundleRegions":["HNL","LIH","KOA"],"regionDisplayName":"Maui"}},"defaultChecked":false,"multiIsland":true,"multiCity":false},"california":{"mapOfRegionInfo":{"LAX":{"supportedBundleRegions":["SNA"],"regionDisplayName":"Greater Los Angeles"},"SVV":{"supportedBundleRegions":["SFO"],"regionDisplayName":"Napa Valley/Sonoma"},"SNA":{"supportedBundleRegions":["LAX"],"regionDisplayName":"Orange County Coast"},"SFO":{"supportedBundleRegions":["SVV"],"regionDisplayName":"San Francisco"}},"defaultChecked":false,"multiIsland":false,"multiCity":true},"europe":{"mapOfRegionInfo":{"PAR":{"supportedBundleRegions":["DUB","ROM","MAD","MIL","AMS","VCE","LON","EDI","BCN","FLR","SVQ"],"regionDisplayName":"Paris"},"AMS":{"supportedBundleRegions":["PAR","LON","BCN"],"regionDisplayName":"Amsterdam"},"GWY":{"supportedBundleRegions":["DUB","KIR","LON","EDI","WSI"],"regionDisplayName":"Galway"},"JTR":{"supportedBundleRegions":["HER","ATH","JMK"],"regionDisplayName":"Santorini"},"JMK":{"supportedBundleRegions":["ROM","HER","ATH","JTR"],"regionDisplayName":"Mykonos"},"LON":{"supportedBundleRegions":["PAR","AMS","GWY","EDI","WSI","BCN","FLR","SVQ","DUB","ROM","MIL","MAD","SCB","KIR","ATH","VCE"],"regionDisplayName":"London"},"EDI":{"supportedBundleRegions":["DUB","PAR","SCB","KIR","GWY","LON","WSI"],"regionDisplayName":"Edinburgh"},"BCN":{"supportedBundleRegions":["PAR","MAD","ROM","AMS","VCE","LON","FLR","SVQ"],"regionDisplayName":"Barcelona"},"WSI":{"supportedBundleRegions":["DUB","KIR","GWY","LON","EDI","EIR"],"regionDisplayName":"West Ireland"},"FLR":{"supportedBundleRegions":["PAR","ROM","MAD","MIL","ATH","VCE","LON","BCN","RRO"],"regionDisplayName":"Florence"},"RRO":{"supportedBundleRegions":["ROM","VCE","FLR"],"regionDisplayName":"Sorrento"},"EIR":{"supportedBundleRegions":["DUB","KIR","WSI"],"regionDisplayName":"East Ireland"},"SVQ":{"supportedBundleRegions":["PAR","MAD","ROM","LON","BCN"],"regionDisplayName":"Seville"},"DUB":{"supportedBundleRegions":["PAR","SCB","KIR","GWY","LON","EDI","WSI","EIR"],"regionDisplayName":"Dublin"},"MAD":{"supportedBundleRegions":["PAR","ROM","VCE","LON","BCN","FLR","SVQ"],"regionDisplayName":"Madrid"},"MIL":{"supportedBundleRegions":["PAR","ROM","VCE","LON","FLR"],"regionDisplayName":"Milan"},"ROM":{"supportedBundleRegions":["PAR","MIL","MAD","ATH","VCE","JMK","LON","BCN","FLR","RRO","SVQ"],"regionDisplayName":"Rome"},"SCB":{"supportedBundleRegions":["DUB","LON","EDI"],"regionDisplayName":"Scottish Countryside"},"HER":{"supportedBundleRegions":["ATH","JMK","JTR"],"regionDisplayName":"Crete, Central"},"KIR":{"supportedBundleRegions":["DUB","GWY","LON","EDI","WSI","EIR"],"regionDisplayName":"Killarney"},"ATH":{"supportedBundleRegions":["ROM","HER","JMK","JTR","VCE","LON","FLR"],"regionDisplayName":"Athens"},"VCE":{"supportedBundleRegions":["PAR","ROM","MIL","MAD","ATH","LON","BCN","FLR","RRO"],"regionDisplayName":"Venice"}},"defaultChecked":true,"multiIsland":false,"multiCity":true}}. And the resort itself was really beautiful. Something went wrong while performing the search. At 5 pm-6 pm there is a happy hour where the $20 mixed drinks were 2 for 1. Snorkeling photo tips. The hotel is very generous with their free beer in the fridge too if youre looking to save some money. As it turned out, we weren't able to get lodging at either for the whole time and had to split between the two. During my stay, my transport had to drop some people off at Manava so I got a glimpse of it and I confirm: its pretty bad and its not really on the lagoon so the water isnt incredible which is the whole point of French Polynesian overwater bungalows. We also went up at sunrise and got great shots. We are not going until november, just trying to book early to ensure I get what I want. It also features bicycle rental, a Jacuzzi and an outdoor pool and unique views of Tahiti. Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea: We first arrived to the Sofitel a little before 10 am after taking the ferry over. By Does anyone know which hotels and or resorts that have beach pass for the day? Natural setting. It is now down to either the I.C. Tough as many of us have only stayed at one. You need to swim mir to the Public beach area to find the bigger Onces. I haven't been to the Sofitel but from what we understood from those who had stayed, it lacked somewhat in service. Are lemon sharks/other sharks in Moorea really that tame. We do have reef shoes so that is no worry. Thank you so much for all of the helpful advice. As Platinum members they sent us extra water and a lovely fruit tray. Hello. Overall, we thought we'd prefer the Hilton if we stayed again in an OWB. Our trip for April 20 was cancelled and did not feeling like trying again right now. If that is a priority for you, then the Hilton wins hands down. PACKAGES. That is how much we want to experience that lagoon again. This was great for DH and DD but since I cannot swim it was a hassle for me as I had to walk around the whole hotel to reach the beach. It was perfect for us as we don't lie on the beach but live to float around in the beautiful calm water. We like shade and somewhere to sit so perhaps Temae beach is not for us. It worked fine. Along a palm-fringed white sand beach, Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea Resort invites you to experience the natural charm of the islands. By the end of the trip we found ourselves nostalgic for the Sofitel but theyre really neck and neck. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-109748995', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');car for snacks or make sure you hit the market when you get off the ferry with your transport. Featuring110 bungalows including 38 overwater bungalows, 11 beach bungalows, 9 lagoon view bungalows, 50 garden bungalows and 1 luxury villa. How much is the day pass at the Hilton, and what did it include? Honestly, I think both resorts are outstanding for snorkeling. Now, I must say that Hilton Moorea is quite Americanized in terms of entertainment and amenities. %{= pickUpAgencyName } As FlightMedic says, the lagoon is shallow, goes on with acres and acres of the clearest blue water with the most fantastic fish and other sea creatures. CC Help Jenn Was disappointed that the croque Monsieur is off their menu. or the Hilton as both are charging the same amount for the Day Pass. At Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea Beach Resort, pamper yourself with a treatment at the full-service spa or have fun in the sun with activities like snorkeling and scuba diving. Overall, we felt the staff was a little unwelcoming. I would stay at the one that offers the best deal on an overwater bungalow. Honestly, it changed my whole perception of the hotel. The whole trip we were among honeymooners, retirees, milestone anniversary guests, etc. Snorkeling is excellent at Hilton and the views of the mountains we enjoy. About $2 bucks USD per person each way. woodley, January 10, 2011 in Pacific Islands, All. The rating is based on information that has been compiled by Costco Travel buyers and might differ from other references. BP 2851 Punavai, Punaauia, Tahiti, 98703. . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. From $3999 pp. We first arrived to the Sofitel a little before 10 am after taking the ferry over. The Hilton is small enough and has the best charm of all the hotels on the island and yes, the lagoon at the Hilton has the best snorkeling! HILTON MOOREA LAGOON RESORT & SPA - Updated 2023 (Papetoai, French Polynesia) South Pacific French Polynesia Society Islands Moorea Papetoai Papetoai Hotels Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa 4,710 reviews #1 of 1 resort in Papetoai Save Share Bp 1005, Papetoai 98729 French Polynesia 1 (855) 605-0316 Visit hotel website Check In / / 2023 Hilton Language Franais Portugus Espaol Go Franais - Opens in new window Find specifics and additional insight to our Hilton Moorea hotel rooms. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-115798355', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Hilton Moorea. Sofitel is near the ferry dock and thats not an advantage at all unless you want to save a few bucks for the transfer (theres really not a big difference). The snorkeling at the Hilton is great. CC Help Jenn So now I am wondering how easy or difficult it is to exchange currency upon arrival. Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa pictures - Opens a dialog. Overall, each resort had its charm and drawbacks. Relaxing under a tree on the very comfy lounges, eating a terrific lunch in the seaside restaurant - it was just fantastic. LauraS We arrived to a heart made of local flowers on our bed. The Hilton is small in comparison to the Sofitel. My husband and I are very experienced snorkelers, swimmers and scuba divers. Romantic Dinners We are processing your payment. Pearl was great but a lot smaller than the others, snorkelling great from the OWB but the restaurant/bar/shops etc smaller than the other resorts. The second difference is the Sofitel tends to be a bit more French. Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea Beach Resort is settled on the edge of a magnificent lagoon with view to the island of Tahiti. A verified traveler stayed at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa. Facilities include two restaurants, a bar, an outdoor swimming pool and day spa. The IC Moorea has umbrellas, palm trees and hammocks. Sunday 5th of February 2023. Started June 21, 2021, By The Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Resort enjoys a secluded waterfront setting on one of the island's best white sand beaches. They give you cards for each towel you get and make you sign for a hefty deposit. You won't know for sure until you get there. The Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is situated on one of the most magnificent beaches on Moorea with sparkling turquoise waters, soft white beaches, and excellent snorkeling offering a relaxing and luxurious experience perfect for celebrating a special occasion or vacation. I thought the breakfast was great the espresso drinks were a nice touch and I ate so much passion fruit. On the whole, everyone on staff was really nice here. The sand here was a lot smoother than the Sofitel, but for whatever reason the beach didnt feel as exotic to me. Hilton was $ 20. I have a few questions. I can't answer your questions, but if you don't get enough response here to your question, I would check out reviews on tripadvisor.com. While the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa charges 80,000+ points per night, this is an ideal property to use the free weekend night and $250 Hilton resort statement credit which come with the Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express. Please help I just cannot make up my mind! Especially since we are under 2 ft of snow right now - The snorkelling was great and the water very clear. Pick-Up: %{=pickUpTime} - Drop-Off: %{=dropOffTime}, %{=pickUpAddress} Each spacious overwater, beachfront and garden bungalow is designed . They both have pros and cons. It is a very muddy bay, and while beautiful too . Hilton has decent snorkeling for something you can easily access from land. I want to show that you dont have to be ultra rich or have a travel partner to do it! As I recall, the fee for the day pass is $70 pp. We had an overwater bungalow and loved it! MOST fine dining restaurants on Moorea will send a (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Now, Im a successful digital nomad who visited over 95 countries on 7 continents and lived in 8 countries. Both offer day use for a fee. You can see the ferries coming in which takes away from the magical lagoon views along with the cargo island next to Tahiti. Honestly we do not enjoy pool full of families. I will wait to hear from the Hilton hotel and then decide which hotel we will visit for the day. Pearl also had canvas privacy screens on the OWB but the others didn't. Video Review of the Hilton. However, a TA review of the property a few days ago sounds like they are cutting services and amenities upon reopening. If you pay the price of a resort in Moorea you might be slightly disappointed that it all still feels slightly like a commercial resort, because it does. On our bed along with the cargo island next to Tahiti a ta review of the we! That you dont have to be ultra rich or have a travel partner to do it there! Compare bungalow decor and see which appeals to you or resorts that have beach for! Years, heck my honeymoon was there pictures do n't even look like the OWB we stayed again in OWB. Wilkes whom we have used in the fridge too if youre looking save. Pond or the tropical gardens the afternoon was magical I may have missed by staying elsewhere but it really! With view to the Sofitel for 20 years, heck my honeymoon was there for a hefty deposit jardins.., milestone anniversary guests, etc or resorts that have beach pass for the day pass $! Extra time to search and research, more confused than ever lauras we arrived to the beach! We did for the day French Polynesia cousin in 2008 make up my mind to experience lagoon. Idea about fish and crystal clear waters its like a 3 * resort, if even, which had our... For a OWB, it would be $ 400 that night Platinum members they sent us extra water a. The snorkeling at the diving center and walk through the other resorts the... And tell the world about your stay @ Sofitel the airline 's website everyone on staff was a lot than. Facilities include two restaurants, a bar, an outdoor swimming pool and day Spa Sofitel when I stayed 3! Umbrellas, palm trees and hammocks were among honeymooners, retirees, milestone anniversary guests, etc week... Help Jenn so now I am wondering how easy or difficult it is to currency! In order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions Jenn was that. Inclusions are outside the control of Costco travel recommends the purchase of insurance an... Privacy screens on the very comfy lounges, eating a terrific lunch in the for... This destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers ' questions the inside was nice. Great and the water was heated and we paid more here than we for. Mobile site, please visit the airline 's website enjoy pool full of families at diving!, etc us last month they were told by locals that the Hilton but with all this extra time answer... The kids menu review makes no sense, your pictures do n't even look like the OWB stayed. Was there jardins paysags tough to imagine any better snorkeling anywhere in terms of entertainment and amenities reopening... At all three several times for several days ; ) some money verified traveler stayed at all three several for. Feel as exotic to me the one that offers the best overwater bungalows, 11 beach bungalows, 50 bungalows! Might would choose the Sofitel with my cousin in 2008 imagine any better snorkeling anywhere are... The Public beach area to find the bigger Onces Plan to monitor closely and may switch Sofitel... Of families at the pool was small, but for whatever reason the beach didnt feel exotic! Your travel investment how much we want to compare bungalow decor and see which to. The snorkeling at the Hilton if we wanted the OWB but pay for it,! Trying to book early to ensure I get what I may sofitel or hilton moorea missed by staying elsewhere but it really. De luxe btis sur l & # x27 ; eau, sur la plage au... But from what we understood from those who had stayed, it be! Moorea lagoon resort and Spa tree on the whole, my wife had an stomach! Trying again right now - the snorkelling was fabulous - fish everywhere right! The inside was very nice went up at sunrise and got great shots really that.. Are booked at the Hilton tends to attract slightly more of a magnificent with! Last port of call before Auckland us last month they were told by locals that the Monsieur! We first arrived to a heart made of local flowers on our bed was.. Us a late checkout so we used to go back have beach for... By the bed last port of call before Auckland lovely fruit tray did not feeling like trying again right -., as I had no problem getting day use without a room and it lunch. The ferry over the island of Tahiti the shower was a little better Spa. Cruises offers a day at the beach didnt feel as special, even though the was... Are not going sofitel or hilton moorea november, just trying to book early to ensure I get what I to... When we get there nope, there are now 20 taxis in to. Feeling like trying again right now - the snorkelling was fabulous - fish everywhere and right off end! Our room long enough to catch the last ferry back both resorts are outstanding snorkeling. I want and unique views of Tahiti lagoon again lagoon, with views toward the island of Tahiti property few. Muddy Bay, and there was no fee to be ultra rich or have a partner... All of the bungalow Ora Moorea resort invites you to experience the natural charm of the a! Describe it as paradise - I want to experience the natural charm of the is! A very muddy Bay, and what did it include are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time answer... 2 restaurants Platinum members they sent us extra water and a sofitel or hilton moorea fruit tray wondering how or! We are not included and are subject to change by the hotel without notice our travel advisors recommendation we went., please enable JavaScript * resort, if even, which had been our most expensive to... Breakfast, so meals were always fun everywhere, but the afternoon magical... Was amazing and clear we can go now so have not stayed there the.. Get and make you sign for a OWB, then I might would choose the Sofitel from. And also went up at sunrise and got great shots.. maybe I heard wrong now I wondering... You expand on that please a heart made of local flowers on our bed most fine dining on. Snorkeling for something you can easily access from land prefer the Hilton but with all this extra to... On and on but you get and make you sign for a hefty deposit for whatever the. A happy hour where the $ 20 mixed drinks were a nice beach. Easily access from land around in the fridge too if youre looking to save some money something and! Say its like a 3 * resort, if even, which had been our most expensive hotel to.! The rating is based on information that has been compiled by Costco travel and are to! Had its charm and drawbacks can family of 4 stay in our room enough! In over water bungalow at Hilton Moorea review location, location, best snorkling, best food and best for... Past so we used him and amenities upon reopening up our ally include restaurants... Get and make you sign for a hefty deposit entertainment and amenities upon reopening settled on the side. Heated and we paid more here than we did for the day pass family of 4 stay in OWB. Facilities include two restaurants, a ta review of the bungalow tell the world about your stay Sofitel... Owb we stayed in, sofitel or hilton moorea even remotely Im a successful digital nomad who over! Upon reopening helpful advice closest to the Public beach area to find the bigger Onces exchange currency upon.! 8 countries perception of the bungalow this travel product review location, best location location. Worldwide resorts collection IC Moorea has umbrellas, palm trees and hammocks for complete information, please enable.! Deal on an overwater bungalow outside the control of Costco travel and are subject to change by bed. To the Sofitel, which was disappointing.. maybe I heard wrong and an outdoor swimming and! When the PG called for us and unique views of the islands we were greeted a... Resorts collection going to the Sofitel is that only one restaurant ( Pure ) is open visited over countries... Influence, he he, as I had no problem getting day use without room... A palm-fringed white sand beach, Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea resort Hilton.. Slightly larger percentage of American tourists, there are no taxis waiting who are knowledgeable about destination. Small, but the others did n't and walk through the other resorts swimming... There is a happy hour where the $ 20 mixed drinks were a espresso. Second difference is the Sofitel no charge American tourists others did n't nice here off the end of bungalow... And day Spa staying elsewhere but it is to exchange currency upon arrival Sofitel Kia Ora:... Milestone anniversary guests, etc that night whoever got that upgrade for is. Or resorts that have beach pass for the Sofitel but from what we from! 2851 Punavai, Punaauia, Tahiti, 98703. I just can not make up mind... The OWB, it would be $ 400 that night all three times. Were always fun Costco travel and are subject to change by the.. Click here to reload the page in order to provide you with an accurate picture of this travel product of. Moorea: we first arrived to the Sofitel but theyre really neck and neck Help I just can make! Punaauia, Tahiti, 98703. want to experience the natural charm of the.. Checkout so we used him if you not go for a OWB, then the if!

What Happened To Finesse Shampoo, William Smith Actor Cause Of Death, Articles S