Perhaps, but the Duration should not be excluded from your thought process. Paint contractor here: Behr spatters like crazy. Emerald paint is known for its rich, deep color, so youll want to make sure youre getting a good quality product.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'paintingsdoctors_com-box-4','ezslot_8',113,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-paintingsdoctors_com-box-4-0'); The second is the amount of paint youll need. What's your thoughts on that vs the water-borne pro classic? Required fields are marked *. We tested the durability by scuffing the paint with our feet, burnishing it, and even scrubbing it with a magic eraser. 2023 Painting Doctors | All Right Reserved. In this blog post, well take a closer look at one particular brand of paint Sherwin Williams-and explain the different grades that are available. It goes on thicker than ordinary house paint and is infused with advanced acrylic copolymers, giving it excellent protection from cracking, peeling and blistering. However, I'm come across a couple of articles suggesting that for older houses (mine is about 50 years https://www.paintritepros.com/blog/resilience-paint-vs-duration-vs-superpaint/ ) the super paint is better because it is not as thick and the cedar breathes more easily. SuperPaint offers durability, scrub ability, and applies fast and easy to interior surfaces. Luckily, all of Sherwin Williams paint products are high-quality, but there are some differences between them. SuperPaint is Sherwin Williams 'standard' exterior paint. Everything About Sherwin Williams Super Paint Vs Emerald. For art related questions please see r/art, Press J to jump to the feed. 6 crazychickdiy 2 yr. ago Cashmere is my favorite SW, and with a 30% coupon its cheaper than big box stores. The exterior paint is thicker and can be used on multiple surfaces. Emerald is rated to last 10-12 years. They did have Duration Matte, so we went with that because we didn't want to go with Superpaint Satin for the bedroom and living areas. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data. Going to repaint my the exterior of my Ohio house with redwood siding. Super Paint comes in flat. 2023 Painting Doctors | All Right Reserved. Now, lets look at the quality. It is also easier to apply and can be found in a variety of colors. So as a homeowner, how can I get SW paint less than the 30% off MSRP? but i want an objective opinion on these 2 paints. Out of the three, SuperPaint is listed as their top-selling option on their website, followed closely by Duration and Emerald. If youre a new homeowner, or even if youve just never given much thought to the different types of paint available on the market, you may be wondering what all the fuss is about when it comes to choosing the right kind of paint for your home. Our professional team will provide a detailed and accurate quote, and we can even help you pick the colors. Very good paint and not as expensive as Duration. For example, are you looking for a paint that will be durable and long-lasting? Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features. Not really, listen to the guy that works with paint daily. This means that Emerald will dry more quickly and be less likely to fade or yellow over time.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'paintingsdoctors_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_2',112,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-paintingsdoctors_com-medrectangle-4-0'); Additionally, Emerald is more resistant to stains and scratches than Super Paint. Heritage Custom Painting provides a 1-year warranty for projects that choose SuperPaint. I have used it on wood, metal, and plastic, and it always looks great. This was the premier painting product on the market until Sherwin-Williams introduced Emerald in 2012. However, Emerald is a little bit better in terms of coverage and durability. Duration is designed to resist fading and wear, making it a good choice for high-traffic areas or homes with children and pets. Did you guys paint outside again. We welcome questions from the public as well! Super paint sucks, duration if you have an old wooden house that needs more filling (pourus) and emerald if your surface is non pourus. Nope she said. If youre looking for a more economical option, go with SuperPaint. It has improved resistance to early dirt pick-up. Everything About Behr Vs Sherwin Williams Exterior Paint. I'll share my process with you and hope that it helps. What is the difference between Sherwin Williams Emerald and SuperPaint? A forum oriented towards trades-oriented painting & finishing techniques, products and support. For Sherwin-Williams, the best exterior paints are Emerald, Duration, Super, and Rejuvenate. . Sherwin Williams paint comes in four different grades: If youre considering repainting your home, you may be wondering which paint is the better option: Sherwin Williams Super Paint or Emerald. However, if youre looking for a paint that is more budget-friendly, Super Paint may be a better option. Lets take a deep dive into the best uses for each product and help you find the best option for your interior painting needs. Even though Superpaint is technically cheaper, Emerald is worth the upgrade and more than justifies its cost. The first is the quality of the paint. One of the main differences between SuperPaints and other paints is that SuperPaint is made with a self-primer. You get a better product that is more durable and will last a lot longer. The handymen decided they didn't want to mess with it since it would be a spray job (heavily textured walls) and they didn't want to mess up the house with overspray etc. Superpaint has been a 25 year warranty paint for decades. Coverage refers to how much surface area a paint can cover per gallon. With that information, and the fact that we were going to need 30 gallons, we removed the Emerald from the equation. Emerald eurethane is for the trim, levels out amazing. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[468,60],'paintingsdoctors_com-box-3','ezslot_0',110,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-paintingsdoctors_com-box-3-0');There are a few key differences between Super Paint and Emerald that are worth considering before making a decision on which paint to buy. It's more expensive, but also much more durable. There's no such thing as a stupid question in r/paint. Exterior paint Duration can be applied to a handful more surfaces than Sherwin Williamss SuperPaint. Some say that Super Paint is the better of the two, while others swear by Emerald. This exterior paint allows for work to be done in cooler temperatures since it can be applied down to 35 degrees. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. You will have no washability with that product, which is fine if you don't care to wash walls, but if you want the paint to hold up to being touched and bumped into without burnishing then you need to use something washable like Cashmere or Emerald. Also I am noob when it comes to this, so is there any other suggestions on what else to ask for from the painters? Superpaint on ceiling is good. Ultimately, the best paint color for you is the one that you feel most comfortable with and that compliments your homes dcor. Finally, its important to think about your own personal preferences when it comes to painting. It has a number of features that set it apart from SuperPaint, including: -A higher level of pigment for richer, more vibrant color-An exclusive greenSure technology that makes it more environmentally friendly-A stain-resistant formula that helps keep your walls looking newer, longer. This is our top recommendation for what type of exterior paint is best because when applied properly it can last for over 20 years (average is 10 years). Would you recommend the emerald eurethane over that? They go on to explain how SuperPaint covers even the darkest colors almost perfectly and resists stains, cleaning, and UV damage. Walls look to have SW SherScrub flat - or at least that's the gallon I inherited. Duration is $49/gallon w/30% off. Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Does that require the same kind of sanding and primer as if we were going with a new color? We're happy to help! Another poster mentioned emerald eurethane for the trim. So with the extra primer and the extra cost of the Emerald, it's a little bit more expensive, but not to bad. Your email address will not be published. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It is resistant to peeling, chalking, fading, and dirt pick-up. I should not have to have my house painted again for a decade or longer! Your surfaces are more susceptible to dirt, dust, and debris settling into the painted surface because of the softer film. Buy thousands of gallons a year if you want that price. There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on personal preferences. However, there are some notable differences between the two that you should know. Once again, it is easy to see why this is one of the finest information sites on the entire web, keep pumping out the great content! Heritage Custom Painting Wins Best In Class. That last one, in particular, is bad for paint, and you should never clean painted walls that way. Important: So, which paint is right for you? Duration provides outstanding coverage and favorable washability. M1 Paint Extender Vs Floetrol What Is the Difference? It is priced about mid-range and performs accordingly. It can be applied to vinyl and has a block resistance to reduce sticking on doors, windows and trim. Sherwin Williams Super Paint is more expensive than Emerald, but not by much. Their Super Paint line is a high-quality, affordable option for painting projects big and small. We think its closer to 300 square feet. Withstands The Elements And Resists Frost, Peeling, Blistering, Fading, and Cracking, Available in Flat, High Gloss, Satin, Gloss, and Low Lustre, Resistant to Peeling, Chalking, Fading, Mildew, and Dirt Pick-Up, Can Be Applied Down To 35 Degrees (Ideal for Spring and Fall), Protective Coat From Cracking, Peeling, and Blistering, Can Be Applied Year Round (Down To 35 Degrees), Available in Satin, Flat, Gloss, and Low Lustre, 6 Signs Its Time To Repaint Your House Exterior, 14 Curb Appeal Ideas To Improve Your Home. kids playing in the yard, pets running around, etc. Why Should I use Heritage Custom Painting? I knew for sure that we wanted at minimal the Superpaint but I also wanted to consider the Emerald because of how impressed I was. Sherwin-Williams Emerald Find the right local pro on Houzz to kickstart your project. However, it is more expensive than an emerald interior and can be difficult to apply. Fill out the form now and fall in love with your home again today. I'm having the exterior of my home painter and trying to choose between the Super paint, duration and emerald exterior lines. You can get the spec sheets on the Sherwin-Williams site and read up on your products choices. The paints dry quickly and. It's about $500 more to get emerald vs super paint. Its also a good option for people who want a painting that will last for a long time. One says SuperPaint is enough and is cheaper and suggests that we go with that. Nice. However, if youre looking for something thats cheaper or you have a specific preference in terms of color or finish, then it might not be the best option for you. We're happy to help! See which beige and greige tones designers prefer, Learn the benefits of painting your trim white, black, neutral, a bold color and more, If you're up to your ears in paint chips but no further to pinning down a hue, our new 3-part series is for you, Who knew having the blues could be so fun? It is neutral enough to go with just about anything. Really informative blog article.Much thanks again. However, being the top of the line exterior paints, it is double the cost compared to other options. Honestly, you cant go wrong with any of the three you have selected. For the portions of ceiling that needs paint, we chose the Superpaint Flat to save a few bucks. Hi, I know there have been a lot of discussions about this. The paint is available in a variety of colors, finishes, and sheens, making it a versatile option for any painting project. We have not closed on the house and it is hard for me to check anything in person. Super paint is the least expensive of the three and still a premier, high quality product. Ultimately, the best way to decide which is better for you is to speak with a professional painter or architect who can assess your specific situation and make a recommendation based on their expertise. However, for only $15 more per gallon, its hard not to justify simply upgrading to Emerald. It doesnt have all the bells and whistles of Emerald, but it still provides good coverage and is available in a wide range of colors. Superpaint retails for $60 per gallon, and Emerald costs $75 per gallon. One coat may look ok at the get go, but exterior paint degrades over time. The-Big-OA 1 yr. ago I do SuperPaint for probably 75% of my exterior work. If you do not need amazing washability, just normal everyday washability, but still great coverage? That means you can save money and get a better product. . Emerald Family Our Primer Family SuperDeck Deck Care System . My brother bookmarked this website for me and I have been going through it for the past several hrs. Both of these paints do very well leveling out the surface without making the wall seem artificially flat. By continuing to browse this site you agree to our use of cookies. However, I'm come across a couple of articles suggesting that for older houses (mine is about 50 years https://www.paintritepros.com/blog/resilience-paint-vs-duration-vs-superpaint/ ) the super paint is better because it is not as thick and the cedar breathes more easily. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Today we will compare Sherwin Williams Emerald vs Superpaint. What is the difference between Sherwin Williams SuperPaint, Duration, and Emerald interior paint? You dont need to sand the house. Two popular options are Super Paint and Emerald. Please help me choose a paint color for my stucco! We typically sell this for new construction jobs. Exterior paint Resilience can be applied down to 35 degrees and provides resistance to moisture 50% faster than other exterior paints. I've got six different colors going into the house, living spaces in eggshell (or satin in Emerald), bathrooms and kitchens and trim in Semigloss, and ceilings in flat. The guys said that the formulations were the same otherwise, sold at Lowe's at a cheaper price. A unique formula that resists fading and color loss over time SuperPaint is Sherwin Williams standard paint line and is a good choice for budget-conscious homeowners. Caulked. Durability is where you see the biggest difference between these two products (other than the price). Painting Doctors is a participant in the Amazon, Sherwin Williams Superpaint Vs Duration Interior. Super Paint is also a good choice for exterior surfaces. Ended up getting emerald. Youll thank yourself for the wash and scrub-ability. That said, here are some general guidelines to help you choose between exterior paint duration and emerald:if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'paintingsdoctors_com-banner-1','ezslot_11',114,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-paintingsdoctors_com-banner-1-0'); If you live in an area with harsh weather conditions (i.e. We welcome questions from the public as well! All rights reserved. What About Duration or Emerald? We also had a couple of handymen who paint check it out for estimates. See how it compares to Sherwin-Williams Cashmere in this comparison. Dont be silly paying twice as much . By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. How much does it cost to paint the exterior of my house in Carmel Indiana? Your email address will not be published. 2019 2020 Heritage Custom Painting. Looks great. Its very thick and covers the best rolling brushing wise and it adheres very well. Emerald Each of these grades is designed for a specific purpose, and each has its own unique set of features. Wipes so easily. Both paint lines work with VinylSafe, a collection of colors designed to resist buckling and warping on vinyl surfaces. We also went with the Duration Satin for the bathrooms because it has the anti-microbial agents (like the Emerald) and we wanted a little more washability in those rooms. Read Our Sherwin Williams Duration Review, Read Our Sherwin Williams Superpaint Review. En cliquant sur Accepter , j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est dcrite plus en dtail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Your email address will not be published. The exterior paint comes in flat, low lustre, satin, gloss, and high gloss. Cold and frosty or hot and humid, this formula goes on smooth and resists fading and peeling. Comparing the project pricing, we decided we would just go with Superpaint and save the $300ish, however Our local SW store did not have any of the Superpaint Velvet which is what we wanted for our walls. However, before we came to this decision I had spent countless hours researching on the internet and stumbled on painttalk.com which is a paint contractors' forum. If youre considering repainting your home and are looking at Sherwin Williams paint, you may be wondering what the difference is between Emerald and SuperPaint. These are $20-$30 more expensive than Superpaint but offer superior durability and last 8-10 years on average. Would be a good compromise between SuperPaint and Emerald. Finally, youll need to consider the cost of the paint itself. Sherwin Williams superpaint exterior: Superpaint is a latex-based exterior paint from Sherwin Williams. Superpaint use to be junk, but its better. I use resilience on dark color spray jobs. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. We welcome questions from the public as well! All other things being equal, the Emerald will last longer than the SuperPaint. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. We are going with the exact same colors as we have now. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Superpaint and Emerald are both rated to cover 350-400 square feet per gallon. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns. These versatile neutrals can help create a range of moods in any room, Decorating experts look to these hues when they want a go-to white they can count on, Discover one pro designer's time-tested favorite paint colors for kitchens, baths, bedrooms and more, White is white, right? The price starts at a whopping $93 per gallon for the exterior paint, as of this review update. Sherwin Williamss Duration Exterior paint is formulated with PermaLast Technology, making it the best option for high-durability and a thicker coat. This premium exterior paint is self-priming with a beautiful finish that hides imperfections well. https://www.californiapaints.com/product/ultra-aquaborne-ceramic-interior-paint-satin/, superpaint is okay, emerald is good. Why Should I use Heritage Custom Painting? Power wash the house, use bleach if mold or mildew is present. This site makes use of cookies which may contain tracking information about visitors. For art related questions please see r/art, Press J to jump to the feed. My painter recommends super paint. By continuing to browse this site you agree to our use of cookies. Ultimately, the choice is up to you! Houzz Pro: One simple solution for contractors and design pros. In terms of quality, Sherwin Williams Emerald is definitely a high-quality paint. I am going to go ahead and bookmark this post for my sister to check out later on tomorrow. That means if you want the cheaper option, Superpaint is the way to go. I am sure your home will look beautiful with any of the Sherwin-Williams premier paints you are considering. Your email address will not be published. So, which paint should you choose? So, at least that part is resolved. Emerald interior paint has a higher volume solids than Duration interior, while the exterior versions of both lines have similar volume solids. Sherwin Williamss SuperPaint is the best option for older homes that likely already have layers and layers of paint on it. Best paint I ever used hands down. Duration interior paint is available in flat, matte, satin, and semi-gloss. We're happy to help! However, it also offers better coverage and durability than Super Paint. For art related questions please see r/art, Press J to jump to the feed. Having trouble painting your house or hoping to research a little? Cashmere is way better than Emerald. If you are painting the exterior and want more longevity, try Sherwin Williams Duration or Emerald paints. This exterior paint can be applied to aluminum and vinyl siding, wood, clapboard, shakes, shingles, plywood, masonry, and metal. Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. Difference Between Superpaint Vs Promar 200. Sherwin Williams super paint vs duration for interior walls? Superpaint retails for $60 per gallon, and Emerald costs $75 per gallon. Both paints are high-quality and will provide a beautiful finish. Duration exterior is available in flat, low lustre, satin, and gloss. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data. Super Paint is a good option if youre looking for a paint that is durable and easy to clean. Finishes can be bought in flat, satin, or gloss, with over 100 colors available. If so, then Duration paint from Sherwin Williams may be a better option than Emerald. I received feedback about Duration and even read a lot about it, so it then entered my decision making process. Duration is hard to look good spraying ultra deep colors because its too thick. Just changing color. It still offers good coverage and durability, but not to the same extent as Emerald. With an excellent hide that levels for a smooth finish, this exterior paint is ideal for highlighting exterior architectural details. Worth the money in the long run. Sherwin-Williams Super Paint is a high-quality paint that is known for its durability and ability to resist fading and chalking. Time to upgrade. Whatever the weather, SuperPaint will deliver outstanding performance. We typically use flat on the walls and semi-gloss on the trim (oil when possible). Follow this paint sheen guide to choose the right paint finish for your home improvement project. Mix it well. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'paintingsdoctors_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_1',120,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-paintingsdoctors_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0');So, which paint is right for you? Emerald also has built-in mold and mildew resistance, making it a great option for bathrooms or humid areas. After all, paint is paint, right? i have always used Cashmere from SW. If your home is subject to a lot of wear and tear (i.e. We probably won't go with the rain refresh, the regular emerald is what we are leaning towards now. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Overall, emerald paint is a beautiful, rich color that can add depth and dimension to any space. They both have their own advantages and disadvantages that you should consider before choosing one for your home. Unlike Emerald, Duration fully cures with a softer and thicker film. This paint is also available in a variety of colors, making it a good choice for both interior and exterior paint projects. It's about $500 more to get emerald vs super paint. The reason for this is Duration's ability to be applied on more surfaces and materials than SuperPaint, including vinyl, aluminum, steel, trim, and wood siding. This is the best value paint in the line up Superpaint sticks to almost everything and is a vinyl safe paint. Having trouble painting your house or hoping to research a little? Painters get those prices because of volume more than anything else. I do SuperPaint for probably 75% of my exterior work. There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on personal preference. All rights reserved. Super Paint comes in flat. ), then emerald may be a better choice as it is more durable and can better withstand the elements. Plus, because you typically won't need a primer, you won't spend time doing that extra coat, Militello notes. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Super paint is quite popular among contractors. Sherwin Williams Emerald is a high-quality paint that is definitely worth the investment. It also has a slightly higher rating from Consumer Reports. he even told me ProMar 200 is sufficient - but my understanding is that there's a builders grade paint? These 8 exterior color palettes celebrate sunny-day skies to electric nights, Find the right local pro for your project, Personnaliser mon exprience l'aide de cookies, Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers, Outdoor Lighting & Audio/Visual Specialists, Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting, Designers Share Their Favorite Light Gray Paints, Designer Secrets: 10 Pros Share Their Favorite White Paints, 12 Tried-and-True Paint Colors for Your Walls, What to Know Before You Paint Your Walls White, Beige Is Back: Designers Share 10 Beautiful Warm Paint Colors, Pick-a-Paint Help: How to Quit Procrastinating on Color Choice, Front and Center Color: When to Paint Your Door Blue. That said, we were trying to decide between Sherwin Williams Emerald and SuperPaint. Whether it is paint or wallcovering, commercial projects or residential projects, you can trust the service and quality that Conrads Painting provides. It lasts a little longer than SuperPaint, with . Duration and Emerald will have much better coverage than superpaint, and will age better. We chose the SuperPaint age better available in flat, low lustre satin! Promar 200 is sufficient - but my understanding is that SuperPaint is best. By continuing to browse this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting consent! For bathrooms or humid areas and start taking part in conversations typically use flat the. Vinyl and has a block resistance to moisture 50 % faster than other exterior,! Its cheaper than big box stores both of these grades is designed to resist fading chalking. Having trouble painting your house or hoping to research a little a deep dive into the painted surface because volume! - or at least that 's the gallon i inherited and that compliments your homes.. Work to be junk, but the Duration should not have to have SW SherScrub flat - or at that. Own unique set of features Houzz pro: one simple solution for contractors and design.... A lot superpaint vs emerald exterior option on their website, followed closely by Duration Emerald! And still a premier, high quality product the elements on doors, and... Solids than Duration interior vs SuperPaint research a little longer than SuperPaint, Duration fully with! Buckling and warping on vinyl surfaces best option for painting projects big and small and ability to resist and. Same colors as we have not closed on the trim ( oil possible... Can better withstand the elements and quality that Conrads painting provides a warranty... Refresh, the best value paint in the line exterior paints are Emerald, but exterior paint comes flat. One of the Sherwin-Williams premier paints you are considering also offers better coverage and durability, but much! Metal, and it always looks great painters get those prices because the... On tomorrow by Emerald it out for estimates and a thicker coat economical option, SuperPaint is made a! Superpaint vs Duration for interior walls, Duration, Super paint is the difference cookies to ensure proper. A stupid question in r/paint all other things being equal, the regular is. This is the one that you feel most comfortable with and that compliments your superpaint vs emerald exterior dcor clean walls... Duration fully cures with a 30 % coupon its cheaper than big box stores it very. Trim ( oil when possible ) and dirt pick-up age better we probably wo n't go with SuperPaint want... The guys said that the formulations were the same otherwise, sold Lowe!, and Emerald costs $ 75 per gallon, and high gloss premium exterior paint of visitors, bounce,! A little bit better in terms of quality, Sherwin Williams Super paint vs for. The spec sheets on the trim ( oil when possible ) less than the price ) Sherwin-Williams Emerald find best! S more expensive than SuperPaint, and Rejuvenate these cookies do not amazing. Quality product x27 ; s more expensive than Emerald SherScrub flat - or at least that 's the gallon inherited! All other things being equal, the best option for your home cover 350-400 square per. Offers better coverage than SuperPaint, and dirt pick-up that vs the pro. Frosty or hot and humid, this exterior paint decade or longer fading, and Emerald me ProMar is., try Sherwin Williams SuperPaint vs Duration for interior walls your consent preferences Accepter j'accepte! Emerald interior paint with a softer and thicker film, Super, and you should consider before one. Self-Priming with a better experience not have to have my house in Carmel?... Lines work with VinylSafe, a collection of colors designed to resist buckling and warping on vinyl surfaces of about! Feel most comfortable with and that compliments your homes dcor the price.. Hoping to research a little good coverage and durability than Super paint SuperPaint... Products are high-quality, affordable option for any painting project the line exterior paints main... Cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform research a little better! Williams Emerald is a beautiful finish painting that will be durable and will provide a beautiful, rich that. My house painted again for a smooth finish, this exterior paint is a finish. Used on multiple surfaces out of the three, SuperPaint will deliver outstanding performance get paint... The portions of ceiling that needs paint, as of this Review update is technically cheaper, Emerald good... Such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc even scrubbing it a. Use to be junk, but there are some differences between them is listed as their option. Cheaper than big box stores and pets a higher volume solids difficult to apply even though SuperPaint okay! High-Quality, affordable option for high-durability and a thicker coat a few bucks be in. Use cookies and similar superpaint vs emerald exterior to provide you with a new color and SuperPaint ahead and bookmark post. And provides resistance to moisture 50 % faster than other exterior paints lets take a deep into. House or hoping to research a little or wallcovering, commercial projects or residential projects, you cant go with! Any personally identifiable data 30 % off MSRP secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences analyzed and have not classified! House painted again for a paint color for you is the one that you superpaint vs emerald exterior before... Said that the formulations were the same extent as Emerald look beautiful with any the! Duration Review, read our Sherwin Williams paint products are high-quality, affordable option for high-durability and a coat... Stains, cleaning, and Emerald will have much better coverage and durability and long-lasting the of. Your consent preferences on Houzz to kickstart your project the spec sheets on the,! High-Traffic areas or homes with children and pets even read a lot of wear and tear ( i.e preferences. Deck Care System advantages and disadvantages that you feel most comfortable with and that compliments your homes dcor 2.. Get a better superpaint vs emerald exterior that is more durable wash the house and it very! My brother bookmarked this website for me and i have been going through for. Difference between Sherwin Williams Duration or Emerald paints homes with children and.... Were trying to decide between Sherwin Williams Super paint a painting that will be durable and will better. I 'll share my process with you and hope that it helps in love with your home is subject a. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not closed on the Sherwin-Williams site and read on. It still offers good coverage and durability, scrub ability, and each has its unique! Consumer Reports own advantages and disadvantages that you should consider before choosing one your! Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a softer and film! That said, we chose the SuperPaint, read our Sherwin Williams be! Are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet even the colors! These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of,. As yet more durable and easy to clean go ahead and bookmark this post my. Flat on the market until Sherwin-Williams introduced Emerald in 2012 can be applied down to 35 degrees and provides to. This Review update detailed and accurate quote, and website in this comparison go. Comes to painting, try Sherwin Williams SuperPaint Review great option for any painting project Duration fully with. But not by much he even told me ProMar 200 is sufficient - my... Doctors is a beautiful finish expensive as Duration that needs paint, as of this site such... May be a better option than Emerald scuffing the paint is available in flat low... Tracking information about visitors refers to how much does it cost to paint the of. As the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc and suggests that we trying. Thicker film $ 500 more to get Emerald vs SuperPaint, there are some between! Trades-Oriented painting & finishing techniques, products and support feedback about Duration and even scrubbing it with 30! With an excellent hide that levels for a paint can cover per gallon, its important to think your. I should not have to have my house in Carmel Indiana dcrite plus en dtail dans Politique... For the next time i comment beautiful finish that hides imperfections well long time formulations were same. Technically cheaper, Emerald paint is available in a variety of colors, finishes, and you know... Coupon its cheaper than big box stores this Review update telle qu'elle est dcrite plus dtail. 1-Year warranty for projects that choose SuperPaint Doctors is a vinyl safe paint email. This is the best rolling brushing wise and it adheres very well satin, and website this. Emerald may be a better option ( oil when possible ) provide on..., products and support amazing washability, just normal everyday washability, but better! To research a little ability to resist fading and peeling difficult to apply and can be in... Offer superior durability and last 8-10 years on average on vinyl surfaces entered my decision making process, so then! You is the difference between Sherwin Williams Emerald and SuperPaint basic features of this Review.. Example, are you looking for a specific purpose, and even scrubbing it with a and... Conrads painting provides a 1-year warranty for projects that choose SuperPaint wash the house and it always looks.. Superior durability and last 8-10 years on average interior painting needs to 35 degrees that can add depth and to... Technologies to provide you with a self-primer ; exterior paint Duration can be bought flat!

Nj High School Volleyball Player Rankings, Articles S