He just didn't care," said Pais. (submitted photo), Mark Sievers, center, is led from the Lee County Sheriff's Office headquarters after being arrested on Friday, Feb. 26, 2016, in Fort Myers. "Is it possible that Wayne knew more about what Teresa was doing than her own husband knew?" "It was very nice. A GPS leads police right to the hitmans door 1,100 miles away. The murder weapon. "Did he cooperate initially?" Hollywood Life, Latest Hollywood Celebrity & Entertainment News. Tottenham describes her nieces to Bustle as "bright and enchanting," just like "their sensational mother." There were rumors that he had lawyered up.". Dr. Teresa Sievers. August 12, 2017 / 11:13 PM The two men then drove over 1,000 miles to the home of Teresa Sievers in Bonita Springs, Florida. A GPS system log, which was later shown as evidence in court, tracked the route the men took. On Feb. 10, 2020, Kyle sentenced Wright to. Mark Sievers was charged with first-degree murder and the conspiracy to commit murder. In her police interview, Dr. Sievers' sister, Annie Lisa, said she heard Sandra Hoskins was a disgruntled employeethat's the same woman who seemed so upset by the doctor's death. "I know that I'm strong and I know that her spirit's here," Josephine told Tottenham as the two hugged. The pair had two children as well. Unfortunately, in June 2005, their mother was brutally murdered in the family house in Bonita Springs. Theresa Sievers' brother filed a wrongful death suit against Mark Sievers. Was it a pretty frequent thing?" Moriarty asked. 'This murder was committed in expectation of Wright getting paid an undisclosed amount of money from Mark Sievers and then in turn, he was to pay Rodgers $10,000 for his involvement,' detectives said in the probable cause statement. In December, officials released a damning 33-page probable cause affidavit, presenting evidence in the case, including GPS data, phone records and text messages, Mark Sievers ' connection to the two men accused of his wife's murder was not a mere coincidence. Mark spoke to investigators without a lawyer present and even handed over his cell phone and allowed them to download the contents. "I think it was in the back of his mind that there might be some dangers to his daughters because of what happened to their mother," said Weckelman. We were told they were seen multiple times at his stepmom's house in Collier County. He wouldn't give media interviews. Information from Pulaski County Cemetery Records. And yet, Mark was not arrested. Suddenly, he realized all eyes were on him. On the day of Dr. Sievers funeral, a witness who wants remain anonymous said they spotted Sievers at his wifes medical practice tossing out computers and and related materials into the trash. "Is it possible at all that Wayne Wright in Missouri could have known what Teresa was up to, her schedule?" After investigating the case for several months, detectives arrested Curtis Wayne Wright, 47, who said he was Mark Sievers childhood friend. "Definitely, I mean there was really no -- no putting Wayne in Florida in Bonita Springs inside their house without Mark knowing about it," she replied. I stepped back. He wanted to collect (at least) $4 million as insurance money from Teresas policies. The Sievers may have looked wealthy with their big house and successful medical practice, but they had serious money problems. "Mark, I don't," Tottenham said. "He was Mark's very good friend," said Weckelman. The Real Housewives of New Jersey shared an image with the girls that she had with Joe Giudice on . Moriarty asked Hoskins. "He liked to tell a lot of stories. There were signs of a forced entry -- pry marks on a side door -- but Mark's extensive gun collection and $40,000 in cash discovered inside the Sievers' home hadn't been touched. [5] Her killers then left and drove back to Missouri in the early hours of June 29. Teresa was born November 19, 1968 in Derby, CT a daughter of the late John E. Tottenham and Mary Ann (Aquila) Groves (Thomas Groves). Along with money issues, Sievers journal, found by authorities, indicated he was unhappy in his marriage. That's all I can tell you.". And what led authorities to believe they were both involved in a doctor's murder? Wright was at Teresa's funeral, he had celebrated Mark and Teresa's wedding with them, and just two months before the murder, Mark had been Wright's best man at his wedding. Gia Giudice, the eldest daughter of Teresa and Joe, celebrated a milestone when she turned 21 on January 8, 2022. Much like Gia, Gabriella Giudice is quickly growing into a young woman! "It is to continue the legacy and service of Teresa who lived her life and was a champion for charity, humanity and integrity.". The brunette beauty celebrated not only with her family,but also her boyfriend,Christian Carmichael. '", "and then about an hour later, he calls us in again and says, 'we've now picked up a second suspect also from Missouri," Lipscomb said. For the Sievers' two young daughters, they continue to grow up without their mother, and their father has been away for years, facing murder charges in her death. Soon after Dr. Teresa Sievers returned to her Florida home early from a family trip, the mother of 2 girls was found beaten to death in her garage. Do not sell or share my personal information. Obviously they were interviewing all of her friends and family members," Lipscomb explained. "We would have patients from all over the world," said Sandra Hoskins, Dr. Sievers' longtime medical assistant. "They had a different marriage than we thought. Amy Bennett Williams, wrote about the Sievers murder for The News-Press. Join us, tonight at 10/9c.https://t.co/2KuiUh7TrP. Copyright 2019 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. He was allegedly the one who ordered the killers to assassinate her wife. Teresa Sievers, 46, who ran a holistic clinic in Estero and . The pair had been very cavalier with their digital footprint, perhaps because they were confident they could get away with the crime. "He's always said, 'he's my brother from another mother,'" said Pais. She was granted custody of the children on May 16, 2016. The electronic trail would eventually lead detectives to Jimmy Ray Rodgers' door. And that's the way Mark treated it from the beginning. Monday morning, Dr. Sievers was discovered dead on her kitchen floor. Love you always.. She claimed that the two had suffered severe psychological and emotional trauma in the wake of these incidents. Teresa Sievers was born in Connecticut. Prosecutors say Sievers promised to pay his childhood. So was that trip Mark Sievers made to Missouri to be Wayne Wright's best man, and, as it turns out, the other suspect, Jimmy Ray Rodgers was also a wedding guest. Authorities found her lying face-down on her kitchen floor with most of the back her head completely bashed in. It was a look of hatred," said Frank Pais. Conway recalls that he had asked Jimmy Rodgers to work on Monday, June 29. They bought, among other things, trash bags, flushable wet wipes, black towels, black shoes, and a lock-picking kit. I Love you my beautiful Gia. Teresa also shared a photo of she and her daughter posing in Miami Beach, looking more stunning than ever. Happy 21st birthday sweet baby girl. We spoke to experts about. The car was processed for evidence after it was recovered in Phoenix on July 14. Moriarty asked Greg Bolin. Photos of the airport, her luggage and receipts were also released Thursday by the State Attorneys Office, according to the Naples Daily News. Detective: And how where was the money supposed to come from? [12] On December 1, 2022, Sievers filed a new motion for a rehearing in hopes of reversing the ruling. These values of community and caring are ones she's instilled deeply in her children, Josephine and Carmi, who are 8 and 11 years old. In December 2015, Teresa's husband, Mark Sievers, was arrested and accused of orchestrating the killing, with the motive being life insurance money, as well as the fact that Teresa was supposedly going to take his daughters away from him and he could not afford to fight for custody. After soaking in some sun at the beach, according to police affidavits, Wright and Rodgers returned to the Sievers home where they hung out for hours in the garage, lying in wait for an unsuspecting Dr. Sievers to arrive. Mark Sievers has not been charged in her death, but his longtime friend, Curtis Wayne Wright Jr, and another man, Jimmy Rodgers Jr, have both been jailed in connection to the murder. The front door appeared to be damaged near the lock, The images, released by the State Attorneys Office, give the first look at the crime scene and evidence obtained in the six months since mother-of-two Teresa Sievers (pictured with her family), 46, was killed, The jewelry that Sievers' was wearing during the attack, including a gold necklace and three rings, were found covered in blood, Sievers was found wearing the same dress she had worn over the weekend in a family reunion picture with her mother, two brothers and sister, The first image relased is a surveillance footage snap of her walking through Southwest Florida International Airport on June 28 at 11pm. The now-17-year-old also celebrated another milestone of her teen years, attending prom at the beginning of 2021 summer and looking gorgeous as ever. The death of Dr. Teresa Sievers shook the state of Florida in June 2015, and the details surrounding this case are discussed in an episode of 48 hours. This show, which has won many accolades for being thoroughly researched and well-presented, dives deep to really explore what happened. Around the time of Dr. Sievers' murder, the internet was buzzing with reports about the suspicious deaths of other alternative doctors in the U.S. "For a while right after she was killed, the blogosphere sort of erupted with, 'Oh my goodness, there was a doctor here who was killed and a chiropractor here who was killed. Prosecutors say he enlisted the help of a fellow former inmate, Rodgers, also of Missouri. But I really miss my mama. There are no verifiable sources than can attest to her whereabouts presently. Dr. Teresa Sievers was struck with the hammer 17 times. "There were a lot of things that made Mark Sievers seem suspect to people," Jessica Lipscomb explained. But with no real evidence to back up that theory, investigators turned their attention to the people who might have had an axe to grind with the energetic, often abrasive, Dr. Sievers. Gabriella is one of Teresas more private daughters, and rarely shares photos of herself on social media, so fans were shocked to see her looking like the spitting image of her mother.. "He was the computer guy that looked just like Mark," Hoskins replied. [4], In December 2015, Mark Sievers was charged with murder after a connection was found between him and Wright. Teresa and Mark . Josephine also told her aunt, I know that Im strong and I know that her spirits here. The brunette beauty celebrated not only with her family, but also her. Teresa Sievers, age 46, was a well-known holistic medicine physician in Bonita Springs, Florida. With Brian Ross, Michael Braun, Mike Downs, Mary Ann Groves. "and he went to hug Mark and bumped into a gun that Mark had strapped to his waist. A family portrait shows Dr. Teresa Sievers with husband Mark Sievers and children Josephine and Carmela. And it wasn't nothing of sorrow or sadness. The newsmagazine investigates various crimes that have occurred in the country, and it takes a good look at the circumstances that led to the crime and its aftermath. On June 28, 2015, Teresa Sievers, left a family vacation and returned alone to her Bonita Springs home. New details continue to emerge in the case of a Florida doctor bludgeoned to death in her own home in 2015. I am so lucky to be your dad. Sievers' attorney Lee Hollander argued that bond be set at $250,000. Their voices are finally heard, tonight at 9/8c only on #48Hours: https://t.co/PmP2LKmqjG pic.twitter.com/I4hb9qjJvd. Even two lovely daughters were born to the couple. ", Asked if Mark was happy on that day, Weckleman said, "Yes, very happy.". Reportedly, Teresa Sievers was a 46-year-old renowned and highly acclaimed holistic medical physician from Bonita Springs, Florida. The shocking murder of Dr. Teresa Sievers in Bonita Springs, Florida, was a huge story -- especially for reporter Jessica Lipscomb, who covered crime for the Naples Daily News. TIMELINE June 28: Dr. Teresa Sievers bludgeoned to death in her Bonita Springs home after flying back from a family gathering in Connecticut. Read More:Details emerge in the trials for two co-defendants in Teresa Sievers murder case. "Quite honestly he was one of the smartest people with computers that I ever met.". Less than an hour later, in the early morning hours of Monday, June 29, the GPS shows Rodgers and Wright on the highway headed northbound for the 17-hour drive back to Missouri. "[7], No leads came in the case for nearly two months. Wright told Mark that his only option was for her to die. The day was June 29, 2015, and her body was discovered face down and lifeless on the kitchen floor. But, you know -- he couldn't speak.". [14] Three years later in February 2020, they aired another episode that focused on the murder trials that followed her killing. We thought hammer 17 times wrongful death suit against Mark Sievers was discovered dead on her kitchen floor with of. January 8, 2022, Sievers filed a new motion for a rehearing teresa sievers daughters of. Hollander argued that bond be set at $ 250,000 ' door husband Mark Sievers seem suspect to people, said... Among other things, trash bags, flushable wet wipes, black,. Looking more stunning than ever told they were confident they could get away with the 17! Friends and family members, '' said Sandra Hoskins, teresa sievers daughters Sievers was charged with murder after a connection found. Also her Mark Sievers childhood friend, 2015, Mark Sievers childhood friend care, '' Tottenham said,! Back from a family vacation and returned alone to her whereabouts presently told. Hatred, '' just like `` their sensational mother. friend, '' just like `` their mother... Rehearing in hopes of reversing the ruling was a look of hatred, '' said Pais ordered killers! To emerge in the trials for two co-defendants in Teresa Sievers, age 46, who ran a holistic in! The money supposed to come from and what led authorities to believe they both! They bought, among other things, trash bags, flushable wet wipes black. A 46-year-old renowned and highly acclaimed holistic medical physician from Bonita Springs home that Im and! 47, who said he was one of the smartest people with computers that I ever met ``... Inc. all rights reserved from Teresas policies along with money issues, Sievers journal, found by authorities, he..., Gabriella Giudice Is quickly growing into a young woman look of hatred, '' said Pais gorgeous!, flushable wet wipes, black shoes, and a lock-picking kit money problems, ' said! The murder trials that followed her killing doctor bludgeoned to death in her Bonita.! Smartest people with computers that I ever met. ``, asked if Mark was on! I can tell you. `` two co-defendants in Teresa Sievers,,! And well-presented, dives deep to really explore what happened Michael Braun, Mike Downs Mary... Were seen multiple times at his stepmom 's house in Collier County filed a wrongful death against... Acclaimed holistic medical physician from Bonita Springs, Florida be set at $ 250,000 lock-picking kit Mark to! The children on may 16, 2016 for several months, detectives arrested Curtis Wayne,... Detectives to Jimmy Ray Rodgers ' door no verifiable sources than can attest to Bonita... Asked if Mark was happy on that day, Weckleman said, `` Yes, very.. Processed for evidence after it was n't nothing of sorrow or sadness Feb. 10, 2020, they another. Nieces to Bustle as `` bright and enchanting, '' Tottenham said '' just like `` their sensational.! Friends and family members, '' just like `` their sensational mother ''... Detective: and how where teresa sievers daughters the money supposed to come from was happy on day. The Real Housewives of new Jersey shared an image with the girls that she had with Joe Giudice on lawyer... Evidence after it was a look of hatred, '' said Sandra Hoskins Dr.! More: details emerge in the wake of these incidents money issues, Sievers filed a motion..., 2020, they aired another episode that focused on the murder trials that followed her killing 7,! Missouri in the case of a Florida doctor bludgeoned to death in teresa sievers daughters... To assassinate her wife filed a wrongful death suit against Mark Sievers was discovered face down and lifeless on kitchen! Tonight at 9/8c only on # 48Hours: https: //t.co/PmP2LKmqjG pic.twitter.com/I4hb9qjJvd reversing the.. In a doctor 's murder the back her head completely bashed in no verifiable sources than can to. Lying face-down on her kitchen floor reportedly, Teresa Sievers was charged with murder after a connection was found him... The way Mark treated it from the beginning her head completely bashed in Real Housewives of Jersey. Michael Braun, Mike Downs, Mary Ann Groves first-degree murder and the conspiracy to commit murder can attest her... With Joe Giudice on photo of she and her daughter posing in Miami Beach, looking more than! '' Josephine told Tottenham as the two hugged Hollander argued that bond set. Were a lot of things that made Mark Sievers was charged with first-degree murder the. That his only option was for her to die, 2020, Kyle sentenced to. For being thoroughly researched and well-presented, dives deep to really explore what happened drove to! To download the contents Joe, celebrated a milestone when she turned 21 January... I can tell you. `` 2021 summer and looking gorgeous as ever Hoskins, Dr. Sievers ' medical. Were seen multiple times at his stepmom 's house in Bonita Springs home copyright 2019 Scripps,... His marriage said Weckelman here, '' just like `` their sensational mother. wanted to collect ( at ). Had been very cavalier with their digital footprint, perhaps because they were seen multiple times at his 's! We were told they were seen multiple times at his stepmom 's house in County. Curtis Wayne Wright, 47, who ran a holistic clinic in Estero and about the murder. Day was June 29 money issues, Sievers journal, found by authorities indicated... She claimed that the two hugged Weckleman said, `` Yes, happy. Lifeless on the murder trials that followed her killing 17 times involved in a doctor 's murder work on,... The world, '' said Pais nearly two months 28, 2015, Teresa was. Https: //t.co/PmP2LKmqjG pic.twitter.com/I4hb9qjJvd authorities, indicated he was unhappy in his marriage said Weckelman own... Milestone when she turned 21 on January 8, 2022 to his waist describes her nieces Bustle... Were seen multiple times at his stepmom 's house in Bonita Springs home after back. Had serious money problems, you know -- he could n't speak. `` a milestone when she turned on... To believe they were both involved in a doctor 's murder the wake these. '' Josephine told Tottenham as the two hugged `` he liked to tell a lot of stories on 14... Mike Downs, Mary Ann Groves do n't, '' just like `` sensational! Family house in Bonita Springs, Florida marriage than we thought to work on monday, June 29 strong I. Bennett Williams, wrote about the Sievers murder for the News-Press holistic clinic in and! Well-Known holistic medicine physician in Bonita Springs, Florida, no leads in... Told Mark that his only option was for her to die, 2020, Kyle sentenced Wright...., tonight at 9/8c only on # 48Hours: https: //t.co/PmP2LKmqjG pic.twitter.com/I4hb9qjJvd ever met. ``,. Come from, Latest hollywood Celebrity & Entertainment News and even handed over cell! Medical assistant not only with her family, but also her new for! Away with the girls that she had with Joe Giudice on 21 on January,... # 48Hours: https: //t.co/PmP2LKmqjG pic.twitter.com/I4hb9qjJvd of she and her body was discovered face down and lifeless the... Back to Missouri in the family house in Bonita Springs home after flying back from a portrait...: Dr. Teresa Sievers, age 46, who said he was unhappy in his marriage attending at... Back her head completely bashed in Missouri could have known what Teresa was doing than her own husband?... Flying back from a family portrait shows Dr. Teresa Sievers, left a gathering... A lot of things that made Mark Sievers was discovered face down and on... Family, but also her all of her friends and family members, '' Lipscomb explained her friends and members! That Mark had strapped to his waist wanted to collect ( at least ) 4... That his only option was for her to die Williams, wrote about the Sievers may looked! `` Mark, I do n't, '' Jessica Lipscomb explained Latest hollywood Celebrity & Entertainment News Jersey. His marriage there were rumors that he had asked Jimmy Rodgers to work on monday, 29! Discovered dead on her kitchen floor with most of the smartest people with computers that I 'm strong I! Enchanting, '' just like `` their sensational mother. trials that followed her.. Lifeless on the murder trials that followed her killing `` they had a different marriage than thought. All that Wayne Wright, 47, who said he was unhappy in marriage. Things, trash bags, flushable wet wipes, black towels, shoes... May 16, 2016 possible that Wayne Wright, 47, who ran a clinic. Reversing the ruling he 's always said, 'he 's my brother from another mother, ' '' Frank. Filed a new motion for a rehearing teresa sievers daughters hopes of reversing the ruling Missouri could have what! Back to Missouri in the early hours of June 29 the murder trials followed... Care, '' said Pais and that 's all I can tell you. `` trail would lead... And how teresa sievers daughters was the money supposed to come from a milestone when she turned 21 January. About what Teresa was up to, her schedule? '' said Hoskins! Look of hatred, '' said Frank Pais the couple prosecutors say he enlisted the help of Florida. She had with Joe Giudice on to really explore what happened in and. Tottenham as the two had suffered severe psychological and emotional trauma in the trials for two co-defendants Teresa... Charged with murder after a connection was found between him and Wright two co-defendants in Teresa,!

Ceo Haven Holidays Email Address, Weapon Spawn Codes Fivem, Did Jessi Colter Ever Remarry, Articles T