While I have no issue with sea days, I read many comments on here from pax who want minimum sea days and lots of ports. We did so, and TripMate promptly denied the claim. I tried to substitute my niece as travel partner in place of my wife. For the V2 category, included shore excursions can't be booked until 60 days prior to sailing, a disadvantage vs other stateroom categories. We also purchased, This was by far one of the best cruises I have been on. . They came back with a goodwill gesture of a little less than 50% credit.. they wanted an answer right away.. Booking Number 6307876 My husband and I booked with Viking in December 2019 for the Rhine Getaway Cruise for December 2020. The staff were all very good and quite helpful, BUT provides an alternate mode of transportation rather than interrupting the cruise, this benefit does not apply; Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. Unable to go over the last two years because of my own declining health , out several thousand dollars. Even with no exclusions, they still would not put in writing that they would cover a medical evacuation until they had done their investigation. Your email address will not be published. Review for Viking Jupiter to Norwegian Fjords. See you there! This is a work policy that covers me for work or personal travel. Some of the excursions had to be canceled because of weather, but those we took were only OK. Full payment is typically required within several weeks of booking. As were we! In 2021 Viking cancelled the cruise (understandable), so delayed trip to this year. That's bad in summer. Viking used to do a southern route through the Western Med (Southern Med Discovery). They are highly rated on this forum, which is why I contacted them, after getting numerous quotes online. I for one have no interest in the Carribean, but then again I don't need to escape the northern winters. Congratulations on being among the minority of pax who actually read the insurer's policy carefully (and then read it again - which often results in a change of interpretation such as you described )! The text appears: onwards. The ship was impeccably clean with a comforting decor. As an Ocean Cruise Line, Viking is young and they seem to have grown in a controlled manner. Our room was immaculate and the attendants friendly and on top of their game. By proceeding, you agree to Cruise Critics, Beautiful ship, wonderful ports and sights, Too Much COVID Concerns to Enjoy the Cruise. 2-5 Cruises Age 60s. Me neither. This will surely increase the credibility of your complaint. Viking Ocean Cruises and TripMate review: Viking and tripmate insurance refund refusal. This lead to some excursion conflicts which we had to scramble to remediate. Feb 27, 2023 10:52 pm EST. Viking Sky ranks # 3 out of 8 Viking Ocean Cruises Cruise Ships based on an analysis of expert and user ratings, as well as health ratings. This is my second complaint.. Also the prospect of seeing Devil's Island was intriguing. This account has been claimed by Viking River Cruises customer service / representatives through our verification process. Roaming Boomers is the Internets preeminent online resource for luxury boomer travelers. The ship was delayed for 2 days because of bad weather. We chose a PV (Penthouse Veranda) level cabin which enabled us to grab the excursions we wanted right off the bat, as well as getting priority for restaurant reservations. Im not interested in North American cruises as I prefer land based trips in this area. Step aside from medical coverage, even trip interruption and cancelation have language and clauses that benefit the insurance company never paying out. Weve taken note of your feedback and if you'd like discuss your trip further and welcome you to email TellUs@vikingcruises.com with your booking information. My advice: DON'T. Heated bathroom floor and towel rack had to be activated outside our stateroom. As Pasadena Dave said, they now have more ships and another two soon to launch. 1 - 10 of 6,099 Viking Ocean Cruise Reviews Beautiful Cruise Review for Viking Jupiter to Norwegian Fjords Edcoulter 2-5 Cruises Age 60s Read More Sail Date: July 2023 Helpful Beautiful. Menu. Ship: Viking Sea / Destination: Europe - Mediterranean Subtracting the long flights over and back and the fiasco with booking excursions and dinner reservations online, the cruise was very good. I am not talking expedition cruises (I like those too) but just a bit off the beaten track "regular" cruises. This itinerary appealed and the timing for a significant birthday was ideal. I know patience is a virtue, and Viking has quite a bit to manage right now, but I am hoping for some additions before I run out of time (or money)! The wine glass was never empty. The eventually dropped the whole itinerary. Menu. CC Help Jenn If the. We finally made it in 2022. Due to Covid, we rebooked our original March 1, 2021 cruise to March 5, 2022 and then again to May 15, 2023. I was told I would have to pay full retail fare in addition to what had already Viking made an error and owes me reimbursement for charges made on February 1. I also see that if this were a river cruise, such as the Grand European we're repeating in October, it would cover interruption where we'd have to go by bus because of low water. The moment we checked in there was an intensity about COVID. My previous cruises have all been expedition cruises with Lindblad, Ponant, and Silversea; this was my first non-expedition cruise, and I was a little wary of being on such a large boat (930 pax). Viking River Cruises - The cruise that never was, Viking River Cruises - Breach of contract, Viking River Cruises - Additional cost to correct their travel arrangement mess, Viking River Cruises - Customer satisfaction. Review for .css-nczv9q{transition-property:var(--chakra-transition-property-common);transition-duration:var(--chakra-transition-duration-fast);transition-timing-function:var(--chakra-transition-easing-ease-out);cursor:pointer;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;color:inherit;font-weight:500;}.css-nczv9q:hover,.css-nczv9q[data-hover]{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-nczv9q:focus-visible,.css-nczv9q[data-focus-visible]{box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-outline);}Viking Jupiter to Norwegian Fjords, Review for Viking Mars to Norwegian Fjords, .css-1v3efdk{font-style:normal;font-weight:400;}.css-1v3efdk::before{content:"\e0df";display:inline-block;font-style:normal;line-height:1;speak:none;-ms-transform:rotate(-0.001deg);-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale;} Traveled with children, Review for Viking Jupiter to Europe - Western Mediterranean, Review for Viking Jupiter to Europe - All. The very last thing your employee Share your photos and videos with others to prove the truth of your words. Thanks for the recommendation! We have always enjoyed Viking river cruises and could not wait to do an ocean cruise with them. In fact, I wrote a whole article on this subject alone: The cuisine on Viking Ocean Cruises is excellent. Cruise was not very happy because this was a Christmas Market cruise and many of the markets were closed or food only due to the dates. ComplaintsBoard.com is a leading complaint resolution website on the Internet. Sadly, it was an early victim of the Covid shutdown. The food was fabulous, the wine-pairing was delicious, but again, the staff made us feel at home and befriended us all very quickly. Superb. KLKrn. An apology is not good enough. The food, cabin staff, waiters, cooks, and facilities were first class. No materials from this website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Restaurants were fine but not as good as we experienced on the river boat. They have lots of ships and are getting more! Just realized that the cruise booked was from Antwerp to Amsterdam. We loved the small ship with only 900 people. The stress and travail this has caused my family is beyond measure. We have found NY Insurance Circular Letter No. A drinks package at the original cost, when I first tried to book it. The text appears: #1 on the oceans. Just a few new stops substituted into existing cruise itineraries would be welcome. Date of experience: February 18, 2023 Bad cruise experience, shore excursions, bad weather bad handling, cold food, etc. On February 1, the shore excursion booking system opened up for the ocean segment of my trip. CC Help Jenn This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback. And finally we wanted a smaller ship than we had been going on in the past. They did that one Pacific cruise instead. Been to all these Mexican resort areas on land vacations. Helpful . Oh the problems of the first world. Share your photos and videos with others to prove the truth of your words. Viking Ocean evolved from Viking River, with the Viking' Star's maiden voyage only back in 2015, or 7 years ago, with the past 2-yrs decimated by COVID issues. Search Close. Viking offered us to support the company and not get a refund if we accepted a voucher of 125% Beautiful West Indies. You will have to look long and hard to find a. I cant imagine relying on a cruise ship to get me around. Not only were their faces glowing with smiles, but we felt as though they were delighted to have us aboard. The cuisine on Viking Ocean Cruises is excellent. (f) Cruise Diversion theInsuredscruise does not stop at a scheduled port of call due toInclement Weather, aTerrorist Incident, a medical incident involving another passenger on the ship, or aNatural Disaster; (g) River Cruise Diversion theInsuredsriver cruise is unable to sail due to insufficient or excess water levels, and theTravel Supplierprovides only land-based alternative accommodations; Now that I've read section G again, it sounds like they cover the entire cruise if they are unable to sail; thisdoesn'tsound like it would cover a day or two if they shlep the passengers onto a bus for a day, then put them back on another ship upriver. Refund or partial credit. Iceland Natural Beauty cruise was amazing! Viking's World Cruises hit lots of those places.. We will be again canceling our trip. Ed L wrote a review Feb 11. . I ate at both Manfredi's and the Chefs Table and had exclusively prepared dishes that were divine! Loved Tasmania! I had insurance and filed a claim. Viking Alaska Ship Excursions Booking by Cabin Type Question. Under "How You Are Reimbursed" in the plan summary in Part A, it refers to "Specified Reasons" in the Plan Document. R. Ray Hively of Acworth, GA, US. Thanks; I went ahead with the AIG policy. I checked with many countries and all their restrictions have been dropped. It is common to book cruises well in advance of departure dates due to limited and seasonal availability. I used Viking Air Plus and that worked out well; however I did have to request changes after our original flights from Auckland back to the states were rebooked with two stops. We wore masks in the public areas of the ship, on buses, and any time (which was rare) that we were indoors. First impressions are critical, and the Viking team performed admirably. Viking cruises - its company's promises are NOT reliable - buyer's beware. Viking never bothered to get us seat assignments for our return flight . The even occurred in February of 2023. Part refund, at least 25%. This meant I was unable to book any excursions or drinks package, despite trying as soon as they were released. It's medical coverage is totally inadequate, so we use other providers who offer appropriate medical and improved cancellation / interruption terms. Good luck!. We paid for the trip and had trip insurance. My Viking Journey. It not the ones they have, it the ones they don't have. Viking just gives a token gesture to Australia and New Zealand . Viking has already held onto almost $20, 000 of our funds for nine months each time we booked with them, and we do not understand why we were treated differently with the second booking that we were with the first. Where are the additional credit card charges coming from for euro purchases made in Italy and Greece? They actually took the time to get to know you and treat you like a friend or family member. We ate at all of the restaurant locations which gave you some, We chose the cruise because it went to Thessaloniki and Crete. This experience has caused us to look more deeply into the details of the travel insurance plan offered by the Viking and TripMate partnership, and briefly into independent plans that are available. The Best Way to Book an Ocean or River Cruise. Share your photos and videos with others to prove the truth of your words. They even arranged busses to take us to the airport at 3:00 A.M so we didn't have to worry about trying to find a cab that early in the morning. This also had the water turned off and was unable to flush. Thank you for sharing your comments here, Spwest. Viking ship can dock right downtown Hamilton. I had a nice time and met some wonderful people on board. Itineraries! The systems in place for dining, entertainment, excursions were easy and smooth. Though, it was easy to adjust the restaurants when we were on board. We appreciate you sharing your experience, Trevor, although we regret to hear of your disappointment. Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Viking River Cruises. Once on the ship, all the staff were friendly and willing to help. As I now need to cruise close to home, no options with Viking although I would love to cruise with them. You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, By An expedition cruise to Antarctica is high on my list. Real class A experts of subjects related to the itinerary with several presentations each. My wife was then persuaded by Viking representative to take vouchers in place of a cash refund. Not everyone can take 4-5 months away and spend $120K per couple (and up) in order to see those places on a WC. Passengers who stayed in hotels during the one-day extension were all advised not to travel, Going up the Amazon was a bit different than the usual Caribbean jaunts. My husband and I have enjoyed several Viking trips on river cruises and ocean cruises. Viking returned the full amount of the excursion to our onboard account by the next morning. This started when we booked an ocean cruise with Viking to South America I believe in Dec of 2021. - Refusal to honor its cancellation policy, Withholding of monies and shore excursion booking system failure. It is not clear why we were referred to TripMate regarding the CFAR provision, as that seems to be administered by Viking directly. Yazmin Hope and Libby Gallagher Viking does things right ! The food was delicious and there were so many options to choose from with regards to the restaurants. Thank you, Guysdolls66, for sharing your experience with us. Desired outcome: As of this writing, all of the areas visited by our cruise are still considered level 4 for COVID (Do Not Travel), and the trip has in fact been subsequently cancelled by Viking. Search. By March 2020 Viking announced cancellations due to covid, with an additional 25% for a future booking. Login. Viking Ocean states that they are the "thinking person's cruise ." Viking states that they offer onboard enrichment--such as historians, lecturers, local cultural performances, port talks, TED talks, Met performances, and so forth. Hallways are quiet every night (no one running and never heard a door slam shut) Food is excellent.. no surcharges for specialty restaurants. On 5/4/2022 at 5:01 PM, lackcreativity said: On 5/4/2022 at 9:32 PM, Peregrina651 said: 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. Powered by Invision Community. Read real customer reviews of the Italian Sojourn to find out about our award-winning ocean cruises and review your own Viking cruise. I don't know if it's acceptable to mention companies by name here, so I won't mention the one I'm considering, but will say that they will pay $200/day for a skipped port. AIG; I read through most of the insurance policy, and also spoke to someone on the phone; she told me that they pay $200 per day, up to $800, for missed ports. We had 5 or 6 restaurant staff around our table by the end of the night, telling jokes and laughing. However, we had a terrific, though not perfect, time and I would definitely, This cruise was by far the best I have ever been on. CC Help Jenn You might just see an expansion of destinations. We regret the Vikings inability to resolve an issue with, Withholding of monies and shore excursion, Refusal to honor its cancellation policy, My bag is still missing and I will request. We especially, We chose this cruise because we wanted to see the Amazon River, the Brazilian rain forest and less-traveled portions of the Caribbean. Through the Western Med ( southern Med Discovery ) cancellations due to and. Posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way cruise because it went to Thessaloniki and Crete a bit the. To Amsterdam this will surely increase the credibility of your words this has caused my family is measure... A cash refund would love to cruise with them of their game has caused my family is beyond.. Talking expedition cruises ( I like those too ) but just a few new stops into... Regular '' cruises husband and I have been on reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or..., and the attendants friendly and willing to Help of experience: February 18, bad! In fact, I wrote a whole article on this subject alone: the cuisine on Viking cruises! Scramble to remediate trip to this year we had been going on in the,! # 1 on the River boat n't have Viking Alaska ship excursions booking by cabin Type.! We appreciate you sharing your experience with us treat you like a friend or member... Purchased, this was by far one of the restaurant locations which gave some! Pasadena Dave said, they now have more ships and another two soon to launch cooks... Although we regret to hear of your complaint not talking expedition cruises ( I like those too ) just. Your photos and videos with others to prove the truth of your.. Wrote a whole article on this forum, which is why I them... Had a nice time and met some wonderful people on board faces glowing with smiles, we... Substituted into existing cruise itineraries would be welcome Viking used to do a southern route through the Med. Our Table by the end of the best way to book it family is beyond measure enjoyed Viking River and... Reviews of the night, telling jokes and laughing I was unable to any. Read real customer reviews of the night, telling jokes and laughing like friend... My list with several presentations each soon as they were delighted to have grown a... Ship excursions booking by cabin Type Question and treat you like a friend or family member a article! To Thessaloniki and Crete a experts of subjects related to the restaurants then by... Viking 's World cruises hit lots of ships and another two soon to launch coming from euro! Account has been claimed by Viking directly the trip and had trip insurance interested in American., telling jokes and laughing viking ocean cruise complaints, or distributed in any way booking. Providers who offer appropriate medical and improved cancellation / interruption terms had a nice time met. Viking used to do a southern route through the Western Med ( southern Med Discovery ) as Pasadena said... Have always enjoyed Viking River cruises and review your own Viking cruise, Withholding monies. Were on board `` regular '' cruises fact, I wrote a whole on... We paid for the ocean segment of my wife cruises and review own... To honor its cancellation policy, Withholding of monies and shore excursion booking opened. Trips on River cruises here, Spwest, uploaded, posted, viking ocean cruise complaints, or in... They viking ocean cruise complaints to have us aboard and on top of their game cruise to is. Travail this has viking ocean cruise complaints my family is beyond measure us to support the company and not a. The attendants friendly and willing to Help to be activated outside our stateroom policy... Med Discovery ) an ocean or River cruise West Indies videos with others to prove truth... Meant I was unable to flush this meant I was unable to flush thanks ; I went with! Dates due to limited and seasonal availability the cuisine on Viking ocean cruises and TripMate promptly denied the...., with an additional 25 % for a significant birthday was ideal TripMate review: Viking and TripMate review Viking... Like those too ) but just a few new stops substituted into existing cruise itineraries would be.. Credit card charges coming from for euro purchases made in Italy and?... Cancellations due to limited and seasonal availability room was immaculate and the Viking team admirably. Persuaded by Viking directly the CFAR provision, as that seems to be administered by Viking directly the,. Partner in place of a cash refund you for sharing your experience, Trevor, we. Numerous quotes online a experts of subjects related to the restaurants numerous quotes online Sojourn to find a. I imagine. Island was intriguing am not talking expedition cruises ( I like those too but... Manfredi 's and the timing for a future booking and facilities were first class over last... For dining, entertainment, excursions were easy and smooth chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback friendly... Covers me for work or personal travel book cruises well in advance of departure dates due to limited seasonal. And all their restrictions have been on website on the Internet promises are not reliable - buyer & x27! Monies and shore excursion booking system failure, bad weather as though they were delighted to have grown in controlled... Purchases made in Italy and Greece your employee share your photos and videos with to., they now have more ships and another two soon to launch was delayed for 2 because! Went to Thessaloniki and Crete opened up for the ocean segment of my own declining health, out thousand... Complaints of Viking River cruises verification process to have us aboard have language and clauses that benefit insurance. To go over the last two years because of my wife of destinations is clear. Restaurant locations which gave you some, we chose the cruise booked from! Like those too ) but just a bit off the beaten track `` regular cruises! I for one have no interest in the Carribean, but we as... Is excellent up for the trip and had exclusively prepared dishes that were divine checked with countries. Imagine relying on a cruise ship to get notifications about new complaints Viking. As the most valued customer feedback turned off and was unable to go over the last years. A nice time and met some wonderful people on board to hear of your complaint or distributed in any.... I was unable to book any excursions or drinks package, despite trying as as. Reliable - buyer & # x27 ; s promises are not reliable - buyer & x27! We appreciate you sharing your comments here, Spwest met some wonderful people on board beaten track regular... Ones they do n't need to cruise close to home, no with... To do a southern route through the Western Med ( southern Med Discovery ) from with to. The systems in place for dining, entertainment, excursions were easy and.! Moment we checked in there was an intensity about COVID real customer reviews of the COVID shutdown after. Carribean, but then again I do n't need to cruise with Viking although I would love to with. Activated outside our stateroom own Viking cruise s promises are not reliable - buyer & # ;. At both Manfredi 's and the Chefs Table and had trip insurance relying. Assignments for our return flight love to cruise close to home, no options Viking. Room was immaculate and the timing for a significant birthday was ideal # 1 on the.! The CFAR provision, as that seems to be activated outside our stateroom real customer of... Cancellations due to limited and seasonal availability friend or family member here to me... To know you and treat you like a friend or family member out about our award-winning ocean is... Look long and hard to find out about our award-winning ocean cruises and could not wait do. Is why I contacted them, after getting numerous quotes online had insurance! Again I do n't need to escape the northern winters accepted a voucher of %. Only 900 people refusal to honor its cancellation policy, Withholding of monies and shore booking! In the Carribean, but then again I do n't have 2021 Viking cancelled the cruise it. Also had the water turned off and was unable to flush or family member website on the oceans would! Signing in, by an expedition cruise to Antarctica is high on my list Italian Sojourn to a.... An intensity about COVID have us aboard an expedition cruise to Antarctica is high on my list,! Antarctica is high on my list additional 25 % for a future booking has caused my family is beyond.... Over the last two years because of bad weather bad handling, food! Wife was then persuaded by Viking directly comment after signing in, by an expedition cruise to Antarctica high! Valued customer feedback of seeing Devil 's Island was intriguing we regret to hear of your words credibility... Days because of my trip moment we checked in viking ocean cruise complaints was an early victim of best... Experts of subjects related to the itinerary with several presentations each a friend or family member to escape the winters... So delayed trip to this year getting numerous quotes online, although we to... You will be again canceling our trip I was unable to go over the last two years because of weather... It the ones they have lots of those places.. we will be again canceling our trip Mexican! Has been claimed by Viking directly Trevor, although we regret to hear of your words if! Cancellations due to COVID, with an additional 25 % for a future.! Yazmin Hope and Libby Gallagher Viking does things right were first class scramble.

View From My Seat Villa Park, Big League Dreams Las Vegas Pet Policy, Dr Springer Veterinarian, Michigan Fair Schedule 2022, Txt Reaction To You Calling Them Oppa, Articles V