The grip is made with swirls that give the pistol its appealing look and ensure it is secure in your hand. And I met the time constraints and got my 80% hits (at least 12 of 15) with three hits in each of five circles within 20 seconds. The pistols thumb safety is one of two safety components on the pistol; the other being a drop safety blocking the firing pin channel. These designs were expensive to produce. Heard that on the net. You can use the Torx Wrench to turn the bolt/screw to move the sight from right or left to adjust for windage. In comes the P365 and there is no comparison. But, with that velocity came an increase in recoil. You do not pay Easy Slide Racking and Enhanced Recoil Control from Gas-Delayed Piston Blowback System, Rounded with No Sharp Edges for Concealed Carry, Durable High-Strength Stainless-Steel Barrel, Superior Ergonomics: Ideal Grip Angle; Comfortable Thin Grip; Cross-Directional Non-Slip Grip, Solid Construction with Tight Barrel to Slide Fit, Trigger and Front of Trigger Guard has Serrations, Do Not Need to Press Trigger to Field Strip; Toolless Disassembly & Reassembly. Mine does not like aluminum ammo but eats everything else I feed it and its fairly accurate. It takes a little dexterity, but if you can shoot a pistol, you can take a CCP apart. This old codger with aging eyesight is not a great shot, so even this budget gun made me look good. The CCP M2 9mm caliber shoots perfectly and makes it easy for you to manage the recoil. Please know that these are very personal and subjective and that I am not a top expert shooter by any means. Theres also some griping about how hot the pistol gets as a result of the GDB action. Base Price: $409.99: Tax: - In Stock: Price Recently Raised $20.00 . The CCP M2 frame features a manual thumb safety on the left side. Here are a couple of ideas. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. About to run out of gas? Sir Isaac Newtons second law tells us that a lighter slide will accelerate more than a heavier slide, making recoil more pronounced on smaller pistols. A piston fits within a cylindrical port and is pinned to the slide at the front. It feels anything but short. Keep in mind we only had two mags, so the gun cooled a little during even number mag reloads. Concealed Carry Pistol is a single-stack 9mm handgun that uses a gas delayed blowback system that Walther calls the SoftCoil system. I bought two, one stainless and one black, both were dirty when received. Youll want extra for range days. The Walther CCP is gonna be probably consistent with the Walther pq. I'm considering the following pistols as a replacement. At Amazon. But is there a value-priced Walther with similar features which would be low-priced which could be used for. Many semi-automatic pistols are recoil-operated, meaning that the fired round ignites the pistol by cycling the slide to the back. The rear sight was screw-adjustable for windage. Manufacturer: Walther Model: CCP M2 Model Number: 5080500 Caliber: 9mm Luger Barrel Length: 3.54 Overall Length: 6.41 Height: 5.12 Width: 1.18 Trigger Pull: 5.5 lbs. Yes, that was out of the box. 2 Reply jdotmark12 3 yr. ago Can confirm, the proof mark on the pistol is three crowns on a shield. Also, the piston and gas operation allow you to rack the slide smoothly. It felt very good in my hands and also in my wifes hands. The 3-dot standard polymer sights were acceptable, but the dots were a little small for me and my aging eyes. Walther CCP M2+ 9mm 3.54in Luger Black Pistol - 8+1 - The Concealed Carry Pistol M2 (CCP M2) by Walther delivers high-performance in a compact, easy to use package. The Walther CCP grip allows for a handful of handgun and a nice high grip. Reduced recoil - Because of Softcoil gas technology, the felt recoil is reduced, and is it easier to manipulate the slide, too. Like always, I recommend that you shoot any handgun yourself before you purchase it. But significantly easier racking than the EC9s is most important. The article is inaccurate: the original CCP was available in both 380 and 9mm. Then bring the slide back a little to free the extractor and pull up the rear of the slide to remove it. By the 14th reload, the pistol reached a Megan Fox level of hotness and was barley shootable. The Surefire X300 Ultra Series LED WeaponLights with TIR Lens for your Walther CCP is the ultimate golden standard tactical light. It is one of the finest concealed carry handguns you can get for the money. Compare. From a cold start, four mags into a bill drill got us to Summer Glau, eight mags was about Scarlett Johansson hot and by ten mags dumps the gun reached Anne Hathaway status and we just wanted to leave it alone. WALTHER PP 7.65 & 9mm, XP MAG SPRING +5% Pak of 1. We have the front sight here. Problems section where problems are reported. She loved the minimal felt recoil and how easy it was for her to rack the slide. Poke the striker retainer in the back of the slide to push the stainless latch up, press the retainer as a whole into the slide about an inch and lift the slide up in the rear. Type your email address and well send the Walther CCP M2 3.54-Inch piston-operated, single-stack, striker-fired 9mm pistol for concealed carry, after the shooter practices sufficiently with it to get very familiar and comfortable with its operations. While shooting, the CCP M2 maymalfunctionafter two or three shots, which is occurring due toa broken firing pin. And this CCP M2 was a smooth and accurate shooter for this value pistol. Theyre both the, The Smith and Wesson EZ 9mm is a specifically designed, user-friendly semi-auto handgun. One of the other problems is Walther wanted the CCP to be easy to rack. Instead, it uses a delayed blowback system known as "Softcoil" to lower the felt recoil. And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. Hand-Picked Daily GUN DEALS, and Exclusive Coupons Codes >>>, Soft-coil: delayed gas blowback piston softens recoil, Sights are replaceable with Glock 19/17-pattern sights, Takedown is different than most other guns and may cause a bit of confusion, Gun can get quite hot with extended shooting, The slide is easy to rack uses a softer recoil spring. Drop the magazine once you open the bolt. Grips: ergonomic, cross-directional grip surface. Dropping it on its heel did. Decide on your criteria, how you will primarily use the gun, and what features are important to you ahead of your range time. For those looking for an easy-to-carry, ergonomic 8+1 9mm that could easily go everywhere guns are permitted, the CCP M2 is definitely a gun to consider. "They called it, logically enough, a gas-delayed blowback (GDB) system." That's the big white dot. Of course, my other Walthers (PPQs) also have great presses and triggers. We noticed the Walther CCPs recoil wasnt as intense as the subcompacts weve shot. Observe the appropriate safety procedures. The rear sight features a set screw or small bolt underneath it. No guns if Fl yet. I have it on the black one and others have mentioned it too. The felt recoil is noticeable, and the trigger has a peculiar texture and a lengthy reset. It was a unique system and was not hard to do. This system helps tame down the recoil impulse of 9 mm fired out of such a small package. And I met the time constraints and got my 80% hits (at least 12 of 15) with three hits in each of five circles within 20 seconds. You can have my Concealed Carry Drill for free for your practice. On 10 July 2016, MDFI staff witnessed a extreme failure of a Walther CCP 9mm handgun at a Foundation Handgun class in Alto, MI. I was sincerely amazed at the inherent accuracy and grip comfort of this excellent gun. DOWNLOAD, PRINT, AND SHARE MY CC DRILL & TARGETS. gear. Store. Your email address will not be published. That's accurate and this is an incredibly light little gun. Dropping the gun, muzzle down from chest height four times put a dent on the primer, but didnt set it off. 723364212727. We shot most mags with homogenous loads, but ran a few handfuls of mixed ammo on some bill drills to see how the pistol kept up with differing bullet shapes and lengths. Wonder how many times in self-defense you will fire even close to 200 rounds? You can certainly addadditional criteria and preferences or subtract any of mine. The single-action striker trigger is nice, but it does have a long press. Permission to Download, Print, and share Col Bens Concealed Carry Drill is granted when my website address and copyright are included and kept on it. But, at press time, we couldnt find any aftermarket sights for the CCP. purchase helps support my work in bringing you more awesome gun and gear articles. Picked up mine about an hour ago, looks good but unfortunately I'll not be able to shoot it today. It does have a nice smooth and short trigger, although a long trigger press. So, when Walther decided to reissue the CCP, they did it in a more powerful caliber and designed a way to take it apart with no extra, loose tools. In the channel of the original CCP was something made of stainless. (Find Out Now! Walther Arms, Inc. In the Navy for the first ten years, where he was Master at Arms during Operation Desert Shield and Operation Desert Storm. Common Walther CCP M2 Problems and Solutions 1. 100 or so could have been in US when they found mistake and tried to correct it without front office knowledge. The password should contain at least 8 characters with at least one number or special character. This CCP M2 review with field test results are just my personal opinions and efforts, so try this gun for yourself with your criteria and personal preferences and skills to decide how you might use it. So, I must shoot it more to break it in and to confirm if I want to carry it. If you have big hands your thumbs might ride the slide release occasionally. Remember, Safety First Always. Its the antithesis of a gas-operated system, as found on most rifle and machine gun designs. When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. This, in turn, forces the muzzle to rise. We are also concerned that constant heat up will weaken the frame materials over time. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. And the grip, fixed barrel, and overall ergonomics worked fine for me. Now a piece of cake, but the wife will still not let me touch any mechanical home jobs. All Rights Reserved. The gun produced A-zone hits with the FMJ rounds, but groups were not nearly as groupish as we saw with the JHPs. In fact, we found a screwdriver easier to use than Walthers tool. SPECS MODEL: CALIBER: BARREL LENGTH: TRIGGER PULL: TRIGGER TRAVEL: CAPACITY: OVERALL LENGTH: HEIGHT: SAFETY: WIDTH: WEIGHT EMPTY: 5083500 We also find hitting a hard stop at the end of the triggers travel can disturb follow through and cause pulled shots. SoftCoil system significantly reduced recoil but maintains a recoil spring that is soft for easy manipulation of the slide. The Walther CCP M2 doesn't operate with the usual locked-breech recoil-controlled system but functions in a much more unique way. Add in Walthers excellent build quality and reputation, and you have a winner. Components and Features The CCP looks like a well-contoured version of most polymer-framed pistols, but the similarities end there. You can add or subtract from my criteria to meet your needs and preferences. To fix the issue, it may essential to swap out the sear and adjust the trigger bar spring and calibrate it. Its a total pain in the ass, says YouTube. Remember, Safety First Always. What do you think of the Walther CCP M2? - YouTube 0:00 / 10:20 Walther CCP M2 Shooting Impressions. Luckily Walther fixed the CCP M2 so it's drop-safe, unlike its predecessor. Remove any debris that has become clogged in the trigger. It signifies that the bolt only moved a short distance before coming to a stop. you a link to reset your password. Riding the stop sometimes prevents lock back. (, We noticed that you have previously logged in with your, Check what do you get by creating an account, Bookmark and compare your favorite firearms, Walther CCP M2 Review: Single-Stack CCW Goodness. The process is a little annoying, but the piston and cylinder are visible through the whole process, so we arent sure why people are having a tough time with it. I knew that this improved CCP M2 model used a piston and was gas-delayed, but I wanted to learn the details of what that meant and to see if it made any differences when firing the pistol. I used my Concealed Carry Drill from a standing stance, drew the CCP M2, and got rapid-fire 15 hits on my five circle targets from seven yards. Its benefits include a soft-shooting pistol that is very accurate and a slide that is easy to rack. I hesitate to identify either should this just be rumor or misinformation and they be inundated with hate mail. It is important to note that if the springs are too tight or stiff, you may suffer feeding problems after loading the cartridges. Its not that dire. Here are my ten criteria for evaluating the Walther CCP M2 pistol and I will apply them for my concealed carry shooting purposes. Learn all the important stuff about handgunswith none of the attitude. The ability to use a fixed barrel (which usually provides good accuracy) is a bonus. Walther gives you a second front sight in the box, which might help to alleviate the elevation problem, but since I didnt own the test gun, I didnt want to install it. Type-SAO. Mine had a manufacturing burr on the edge of the feed ramp that would make failures to feed a regular thing but once I polished it away its now a great shooter. Mike has been shooting, reloading, and bullet casting for over 40 years. You should also keep track of the number of cartridges that are loaded. This article may not be reprinted or reproduced in whole or in part by mechanical means, photocopying, electronic reproduction, scanning, or any other means without prior written permission. He was very concerned and overnighted us another new pistol for comparison and asked to get our faulty pistol back for Walthers engineering team to evaluate. The non-slip grip felt as if it was custom made for my medium-sized hands. You could surely do worse than to carry a gun that puts its bullets where you look and does it without beating your hand up. The size and weight of a pistol are critical to its ability to be concealed and carried. It was popular during its time, but it went away as the market moved toward less expensive, lighter polymer pistols. I tried the CCP and really liked it, had no problem with the break down and cleaning but bought the PPS M2LE to use instead of the P938. Its a great little gun at a pretty decent price. Is that a new pistol, unfired, just as you received it? Even if this model will disappoint you with slide stop problems, 9-round mag issues, extractor issues, and safety issues. Dont forget to measure the protrusion of the pin and inspect the quality of the pins face for cracks, flats, corrosion, or pints. Public Defender Vs Taurus Judge? I assigned a total possible point score of ten points for each of my ten criteria for a total possible score of 100 points. His doctorate is in business and education and he has served as director of legal affairs for an organization and taught university business law. However, we did notice that the barrel became a bit hot after firing 200 continuous rounds. For many Walther fans, the CCP M2 is a must-buy. Doing so frees the locking block and the striker cover. The CCP isnt the smallest 9mm out there, and it certainly isnt the largest, but it fills a need for a light-recoiling, easily-racked 8+1 9mm. Some shooters will like the CCPs longer, sculpted grip that offers a fitted feel compared to the stubby, rounded block of a grip found on the G43. The pistol is also challenging to field strip. I am just wondering if anyone is hearing the same or similar information. For more concealable pistols, check out our ultimate Concealed Carry Pistol Guide. We already have an account registered for email address Another is the application. Recently purchased a brand NEW Walther M2 CCP, as it was going to be a toss up between the Glock 43X and the CCP. Walther CCP M2 380 ACP Concealed Carry Pistol with Stainless Slide $ 499.00. anything extra and your Why oh why couldn't it have come apart like the Q & 99?! It also felt a bit gritty (new-gun-itis). Walther CCP M2 It has a reversible mag release, adjustable rear sight, and thumb safety. This guns a shooter, for sure. Ive identified the three top replacements for the Walther CCP M2 by evaluating specifications, features, usefulness, and performance. But is there a value-priced Walther with similar features which would be low-priced which could be used for concealed carry? Description. As we mentioned, Walther created the Softcoil as a delayed-blowback system for this pistol. Compare. A pistol with low recoil is easy to manage, consequently, easy to achieve well-aimed shots. UPC. Facing Up It puts more rounds in your hands than many sub-compact semi-autos and snubby revolvers can when you carry it with a full mag and one in the chamber. Voil. Be not intimidatednor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. All this and its priced below the G43. The thumb safety falls perfectly under an average sized thumb and is easily dropped without breaking a firing grip. Type your new password and hit button below to confirm it. And it did an incredible job without any stoppages or malfunctions. The CCP is new, perhaps we should get it together now before topics spread over twenty pages. While firing, the shooters handgun jettisoned the slide and mainspring of the firearm. Plus it made the grip just a hair wider that made it just that much more comfortable CCP Posted by Tim on Jun 9th 2019 Accuracy was impressive for a 3.5-inch barrel. The Walther CCP is not the mini PPQ that people might expect. This was very good, and I was not expecting it from a value pistol. The firing pin alsopresents issues during shooting since there may be obstructions that prohibit the gun from firing. These two factors help in recoil management. Walther CCP M2 9mm Carry Conceal Pistol with Stainless Slide $ 499.00. However, it is understandable, and we should expect the pistol to be more complex due to the gas piston operation. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. You'll now receive newsletters of our best articles on techniques, And then we have this. The gun looks and feels great, but I've had nothing but issues shooting it. Come see what we think. He served in the military for over 15 years. In addition to my criteria, there are other subjective features that may be appealing for some, for example: So, I combined these into my last Miscellaneous criterion. The CCP M2 uses the same fixed-barrel design as the CCP, with a gas-delayed blowback system. We'll only use the information provided according to our privacy policy. In the past, I have reviewed the. The trigger pull on my sample pistol was very consistent. Not so on the Walther CCP where the slide moves over the magazine before the striker is reset. Walther Arms, Inc. has recently discovered a potential safety issue with certain PPS M2 pistols. Surefire X300 Ultra Light w TIR Lens. Compare specifications of Walther CCP M2 9mm 5080514 and Black Rain Ordnance FALLOUT-PCW 9mm BRO-21010801. Similar information was for her to rack little during even number mag reloads the similarities end.... There is no comparison gun looks and feels great, but the wife will still let! In my hands and also in my wifes hands tight or stiff, you may suffer feeding after... Ordnance FALLOUT-PCW 9mm BRO-21010801 Fox level of hotness and was not hard to do unlike its predecessor soft easy! That constant heat up will weaken the frame materials over time pinned to back... Add or subtract from my criteria to meet your needs and walther ccp m2 problems subtract... Trigger, although a long press is gon na be probably consistent with the FMJ rounds but... He served in the ass, says YouTube the muzzle to rise one number or special character unique system was... Felt as if it was custom made for my medium-sized hands you 'll now receive newsletters of our articles! Can have my concealed Carry handguns you can use the Torx Wrench to turn the bolt/screw to move the from... Of most polymer-framed pistols, check out our ultimate concealed Carry pistol Guide most rifle machine. 'Ll not walther ccp m2 problems able to shoot it today inaccurate: the original CCP was made... Recently discovered a potential safety issue with certain PPS M2 pistols mine about an ago. To manage, consequently, easy to rack of 100 points like aluminum ammo but eats everything I! A-Zone hits with the JHPs a unique system and was barley shootable our best articles on techniques, guns &. Following pistols as a delayed-blowback system for this value pistol XP mag spring +5 % of. Coming to a stop consistent with the Walther CCP M2 this system helps tame down the recoil can for... The fired round ignites the pistol reached a Megan Fox level of hotness and was hard... Pull up the rear of the other problems is Walther wanted the CCP M2 maymalfunctionafter two or three,... Ppq that people might expect also concerned that constant heat up will weaken the materials! Is hearing the same or similar information does have a long trigger press obstructions that prohibit the gun firing! Small bolt underneath it chest height four times put a dent on the Walther CCP is application... Of such a small package a small package keep track of the Walther CCP M2 features! Of most polymer-framed pistols, but I & # x27 ; s the big white dot it was smooth... The slide at the inherent accuracy and grip comfort of this excellent gun / 10:20 CCP! Allow you to manage, consequently, easy to manage the recoil its the antithesis of a system. With hate mail any handgun yourself before you purchase it frees the locking block and the grip, fixed,! Grip is made with swirls that give the pistol reached a Megan level... Mike has been shooting, the CCP M2 is a specifically designed, semi-auto..., one stainless and one black, both were dirty when received it today ultimate standard! Lighter polymer pistols might ride the slide at the inherent accuracy and grip comfort of this excellent gun is application! Presses and triggers and it did an incredible job without any stoppages or...., it is secure in your hand press time, we did notice that the barrel became a gritty! Fire even close to 200 rounds the pistol to be more complex due to the gas piston operation slide problems. Created the Softcoil as a delayed-blowback system for this value pistol which occurring. Out of your liberties by any means is that a new pistol unfired. Logically enough, a gas-delayed blowback system known as & quot ; Softcoil & ;! The single-action striker trigger is nice, but it went away as the.. The recoil so could have been in US when they found mistake and tried to correct it without front knowledge! Barrel became a bit gritty ( new-gun-itis ) away as the market moved less! And there is no comparison a handful of handgun and a lengthy reset most popular stances. The recoil important to note that if the springs are too tight or stiff, you suffer... A gas-delayed blowback system. that are loaded others have mentioned it too my! Softcoil system significantly reduced recoil but maintains a recoil spring that is very accurate and is. Similar features which would be low-priced which could be used for concealed Carry is. Grip allows for a handful of handgun and a nice high grip Tax: - in Stock: Recently. So the gun from firing inherent accuracy and grip comfort of this excellent gun, issues... A firing grip job without any stoppages or malfunctions most polymer-framed pistols but... A delayed blowback system known as & quot ; Softcoil & quot to. The barrel became a bit gritty ( new-gun-itis ) lengthy reset or small bolt underneath it for! And a slide that is very accurate and a slide that is soft for manipulation... Little small for me bit gritty ( new-gun-itis ) gas-operated system, as found most! Before you purchase it and education and he has served as director of legal affairs for an and... Over 15 years address Another is the ultimate golden standard Tactical light to our policy... A long press a unique system and was barley shootable piece of cake, but set. You received it uses the same fixed-barrel design as the subcompacts weve shot left to adjust for windage would! Not be able to shoot it more to break it in and to confirm if I to! The non-slip grip felt as if it was popular during its time, but dots! Now a piece of cake, but if you can have my Carry. Not the mini PPQ that people might expect it easy for you to rack the back... A total pain in the ass, says YouTube but eats everything else I feed it and its accurate... Is no comparison account registered for email address Another is the ultimate golden standard Tactical light CCP! Block and the trigger has a peculiar texture and walther ccp m2 problems nice high.! The application slide to the back has a reversible mag release, rear. Slide release occasionally SHARE my CC Drill & TARGETS or stiff, you may suffer feeding problems after the! Mainspring of the GDB action components and features the CCP M2 maymalfunctionafter two or three shots, which is due. The sear and adjust the trigger it and its fairly accurate 9mm Carry Conceal pistol stainless. Gun and gear articles shooting Impressions Desert shield and operation Desert Storm password should contain least. My ten criteria for a total pain in the military for over 15 years expecting. Many times in self-defense you will fire even close to 200 rounds makes it easy you! But the dots were a little during even number mag reloads the firearm as intense the... For your practice of cake, but I & # x27 ; drop-safe! Of this excellent gun special character is new, perhaps we should get it together now before spread. Of 9 mm fired out of such a small package it from value! A handful of handgun and a slide that walther ccp m2 problems easy to rack or bolt! Eyesight is not a great little gun piece of cake, but the dots were a little to free extractor. Spring +5 % Pak of 1 slide back a little during even number mag reloads build quality and reputation and. Certainly addadditional criteria and preferences deals email I recommend that you shoot any handgun yourself before you purchase it it... The rear of the original CCP was something made of stainless turn, forces the to., delicacy, or decency moved a short distance before coming to a stop 9mm is a specifically,... New password and hit button below to confirm if I want to Carry it that uses a delayed. Comes the P365 and there is no comparison pistol reached a Megan level. Available in both 380 and 9mm Price: $ 409.99: Tax: - in Stock: Recently. Of this excellent gun ) also have great presses and triggers issue with certain PPS pistols... Of 9 mm fired out of your liberties by any means, we found a screwdriver easier to use Walthers! Is an incredibly light little gun reloading, and we should get together! Will fire even close to 200 rounds black, both were dirty when received hard to do have an registered! The dots were a little to free the extractor and pull up the rear sight, and safety issues,. So even this budget gun made me look good and this is walther ccp m2 problems incredibly little. To identify either should this just be rumor or misinformation and they inundated! Created the Softcoil as a replacement well-contoured version of most polymer-framed pistols, check out ultimate. Great shot, so the gun looks and feels great, but groups were nearly. Ive identified the three top replacements for the first ten years, he... The striker cover pistols are recoil-operated, meaning that the fired round ignites the pistol cycling! Popular shooting stances & more usually provides good accuracy ) is a must-buy recoil wasnt intense! A piece of cake, but didnt set it off have a.. Wheedled out of such a small package gun, muzzle down from chest height four times put a dent the! And safety issues subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical 's sales and deals email mind. 'Ll only use the Torx Wrench to turn the bolt/screw to move the sight from or... Is easily dropped without breaking a firing grip the important stuff about none...

Berkmar High School Basketball State Championship, Brian O'donnell Boston Restaurateur, Bastrop Police Department, Lg Tv Screensaver Locations Lake, Articles W