Prior to the first round being fired, I had applied a thin coat of Weapon Shield in my C7 and went on with the training. I then attempt to wipe the area clean without using a brush. Powered by Invision Community, Is Weaponshield really that much better than FP-10, Currently Torrance, CA (not moving anytime soon). Which today, ladies and gentlemen, leads us to opine on the value of so-called, CLP gun treatments. Breakfree is nice, and I'll use it, but M-Pro 7 beats all, hands down. Show more 19K views 17K views 6 years. A forum community dedicated to Glock firearm owners and enthusiasts. This turned out to be caused by my thumbs riding too high on the frame and somehow interfering with the slide action or the slide lock lever. Subsequent cleanings of my Glock take only about 10 minutes. Ideal viscosity and durability for machinery and equipment under heavy pressure, high load or stress and the harsh conditions of the most extreme operating environments. Weapons shield CLP is the only lube I have ever used that stays in place even after the liquid portion is wiped away through use. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING VETERAN JOURNALISM - JOIN SOFREP+ , PO Box 1077 MURFREESBORO, Tennessee 37133 United States, P.O. Destroying American Monster Abrams: Pro-Russian Group Release A How-To Video, A Look at the Unconventional Tactics Used by Western Militaries Throughout History, Decorated Navy SEAL Died in HALO Training Accident, Remembering Andrew Peters: US Army Veteran Killed in Ukraine. It does everything just great. Weapon Shield Solvent effectively breaks up carbon fouling and helps remove lead residue from the bore without using toxic volatile chemicals. 10 stars all around! A good soak in Weapon Shield has freed up a lot of frozen bolts and cleaned a lot of clogged rifling. I was wondering what is your experience on WS CLP. I received the free sample pen, but based on other reviews, I ordered the 16 oz bottle, grease syringe, and 2 oz grease jar. George assured me with the weapons shield cold weather would not affect it. I agree, I doubt one product can do everything. Went from BF to Firepower FP-10 to WS. I'll probably refill the cool syringe bottle it comes in with Mobil 1 after I use if all up. Only the battle cleric can cast with a weapon in one hand and a shield in the other. I went to clean the the gun and i noticed it wasnt nearly as fouled as the last time i shot the same exact ammo in it. With robust designs and vintage classic style, discover the heritage of military timepieces today! Maybe its time to try gun butter. We collect rifles from the late 19th through the Korean War era. only use weapon shield here, I like the way it smells. He had to clear his weapon every five rounds or so. Outperforms other popular gun lubes by far, Reviewed in the United States on July 16, 2015. I have been using BF CLP since 1989 and have not found any reason to use anything else. In CLP formulations, there are chemical components that are engineered to do the C part the gun Cleaning part while the L and P parts of the formula are trying to Lubricate and Protect. I have used Breakfree CLP and Militec. AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. Thanks. Barrett is the world leader in long-range, large-caliber, precision rifle design and manufacturing. So far he has been absolutely correct. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Gun Butter Trigger and Locking Lug Grease Weapon Shield was held in high esteem on the FN forums, so I figured I might as well try it out. But for high volume shooting, the thick coat actually works quite well, my weapon performs flawlessly, with the excess CLP burning off if I put too much. I recommend it to everyone I know who owns a gun. Meanwhile, the DSL. We poured some Weapon Shield in his rifle, and although the jams didnt stop entirely, they certainly became less frequent. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Jams of all kinds werehappening left and right,from casings jammed around the chamber to paint tips clogging thebarrel. Red/White/Gold. This is great stuff just buy it. Jams of all kinds were happening left and right, from casings jammed around the chamber to 'paint' tips clogging the. I used on my AR-15, 12 ga shotgun, 30-06, and Glock 19 as I waited until I got these products to have my range day. Works great on my G20 and my '27 Mosin. Dec 25, 2022. I have been using Breakfree CLP since 2006, my last full year in the Marine Corps, NEVER had a problem with it. "Used and recommended by major firearms manufacturers, Lucas Oil Extreme Duty CLP is designed to clean, lubricate and protect your firearms in one simple step. They have been in the Canadian Forces arsenal since the mid 90s. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Iran is Winning, You Can Get These Flashbang Grenades (100% Legally! Buy it you won't regret it. What else did Dad always say? amzn_assoc_asins = "B0041OMUIQ"; A thorough swabbing of the chamber and bore with a wet patch containing WEAPON SHIELD and allowed to sit and work briefly will remove all powder and leading. In fact, I found myself having to add Hoppes 9 solvent to get the difficult carbon spots out. Yes I do use Weapon Shield, I actually got a free sample from one of the guys up there a few years ago and that stuff is awesome, I do clean internal comps. oz. They have been through a lot and it sometimes shows. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1851551217pjBhWhTDfC8RGa1rXmMRjNGxg=|tkp:Bk9SR6ado66pYQ. "The skulls of tyrants should be used as traction under the. You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers. I transfer it into a needle tip bottle a little goes a long way. JavaScript is disabled. Of course I'm not putting my gun through any hard core paces to force it to fail. Texaco Home Lubricant Red Shield Logo Metal Can-Spout 4 Oz. I've used a lot of CLP's and thought I would give this one a try because of the Youtube test videos. BF CLP user here since I was first introduced to it in 1985. Fire away. Kind of expensive to use as a cleaner? Also, I understand Weapon Shield contains chlorinated parrafins. I got a sample from WS, but can't really tell the difference at this time. I have zero social media, so I dont see FB posts. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. This used to come in a gallon can and the grease in a 5lb tub. Enter the Weapon Shield CLP. No problem if you prefer to order by e-mail, but please send us your full address details! Works just as good as BF. You cannot paste images directly. The result? Gilt brass clamshell with silver emblem laid over a red felt showing a shield with two crossed fencing swords above a thick laurel wreath. The CLP pen and grease syringe I like because I can put a little just where I want it and not waste this product. They show Weapons Shield as an amazing protectant for friction. The coating was baked on, and had to be soaked off in a solvent. I then attempt to wipe the area clean without using a brush. Reviewed in the United States on June 5, 2011. Weapon Shield CLP 10 Month Review Well its been about 10 months since I first took advantage of George Fennel's generous offer for a 1 oz bottle of free CLP. ), Former Honor Guard Soldier Reflects on His Service: Its Not About the Strongest Person, F-35 Fighters Increase Presence In Asia As Singapore Acquires Eight More, Two Iranian Warships Docks in Brazil Despite US Sanctions Threat, Pic of the Day: SR-71 Blackbird, A Profile in Speed. This gun oil is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use, and it's safe for all types of firearms. FWIW, I use Slip 2000 gun cleaner/degreaser. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING VETERAN JOURNALISM - JOIN SOFREP+ CZ SP-01 Tactical, Arex Zero 1S, Glock 20 Gen4, Taurus G2c, http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/dgimagesphotography/. First, it lubricates the moving parts and can prevent rust and corrosion build-up. I started using the Slip products on my AR's and I run them hard, so I figure it will do just as well on my Glocks. Barrett products are used by civilians, sport shooters, law enforcement agencies, the United States military, and more than 75 State Department-approved countries around the world. Personally I thinkFP-10 is far superior to weapon shield, but to each their own, I like weapon shield. best gun is! This was the only thing setting me apart from the other soldiers around me. This seller is fantastic. Paste as plain text instead, I often have sweaty hands and there has been no rust appear on the rifle, including under the handguard and other nooks and crannies. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit"; I did this for three nights in a row. Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! I had previously cleaned and oiled this unit with the weaponshield. Both work great with no issues whatsoever. It may even help keep fouling easier to remove, as on the BCG of an AR. Weapon Shield is the only lube I have used for the last couple of years and I have had no problems. After cleaning I lubricate with Mobil 1 20W50. Other than Midway and oa2.org, where does one buy Weapon Shield?? Services; Expertise; Our Clients; Book Deep Cleaning . Break-Free CLP does not contain Teflon. I prefer to use a third product here, one designed to do that important task equally well. You remember what your mother or father once told you: if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. oiling, and protection. Maintenance Kit is a complete suite of products to clean, lubricate, and protect your firearms. Weekly 250 round target sessions kit for Studio Series SS44 SS32 Optimus Prime Usenet! H&K MP-5 Sub-Machinegun: Famous but not Friendly, A Former Delta Force Operators Glock 17 Setup, The Home Defense AR-15 Setting Up for Success, The Brutal Reality of the Flamethrower and the Men Who Carried It, Get Ready for Winter Fun: The Ski Gear Guide, Vehicle Preparedness: Fast access to essential items | Grey Man Tactical RIP-M, Overland Essential | Midland Radio MXT275 | GXT1000, Grab your gear and go | Heres everything youd need to build an adventure go bag, How to Use Military Mindset While Preparing for a Race, Fitness Gear Standard Weight Bench: A Budget Gym Equipment Review, EDC 101: What EDC Means and 4 EDC Gear to Have, Fit or Flop? bottle of Weapon Shield cleaner-lubricant-protectant, a 4 . The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Gun cleaners like MIL-COMMs MC25 and more aggressive MC50 out-clean any CLP type formulation. needle oiler AND 4 fl. Buy it. Home Deep Cleaning - Standard; Home Deep Cleaning - Premium; Home Deep Cleaning - Supreme i like weaponshield, but you forgot about eezox. WeaponShield is, in my experience, vastly superior to Breakfree CLP. It cleans all the parts well, even after shooting 150+ dirty reloaded rounds. It does all things good & one thing great: lubrication. :supergrin: "Remember, concealment is an acquired life skill. I burn 3 charges of Red Dot smokeless powder and then apply a gun cleaner or CLP. Heres the problem and you dont need a degree in tribology (the study of friction) to figure this out for yourself. Each ParseObject has a refreshing banana scent and it cycles remington # 6 1oz low-brass @ 1290f But just remember it is all the same shit. Yup, plus I think it makes a difference on what you clean and how often. Thanks for the review, I'll be getting some Weapon Shield today. I liked the stuff so much that this was my 2nd order of CLP Before Weapon Shield, I have used Hoppes 9, Break Free CLP, Remington Dry Lube, Jardine's Lube and a countless other gun products. I also use Mil-comm TW-25B exclusively for the pistols inside and out,and as a general purpose weapons grease on such things as the FCG pins,barrel nuts,barrel bushings etc.. That being said I also have a rather LARGE supply of Break Free CLP on hand. I can definitely feel the difference in my g19 and ar when I pull the charging handle. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. By Adam Brown: A SEALs Life of Courage and Redemption, Complete List: Ticonderoga-class Missile Cruisers To Retire By 2027, Nuclear Close Calls That Nearly Caused World War III, Russian Sausage Millionaire and Putin Critic Falls to His Death in India, Deadly Russian Rifle Brigade Wiped Out During War in Ukraine, Your Subscription Supports our Veteran Staff. The only significant difference is that the FP-10 had a tendancy to dry up into brown goo on rifle in storage. Lol honestly, it all works for what we do. Excellent product! SlickCZ85 said: I am on my last tube of grease from them. I use the Weapon Shield Grease on my SIGs and under the connector of my Glocks. If it aint broke dont fix it. But I also like any other oil. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The ABF that George has in his products works. ***. As for preventing wear, I can't say I see any difference. No more solvent or lube.. just one thing to clean my BCG,Bore and well the whole AR-15.. You can purchase Weapons Shield on Amazon.com. Hands down the best CLP I've ever used. In most of George's videos, Weapon Shield is tested immediately following another product, so the Weapon Shield had the advantage of heat introduced to both surfaces, deposits left from the previous lubricant, and a larger surface area on the bearing, but there are instances where Weapon Shield is tested first, and as a stand-alone product, and . I love it as a lube. It cleans well, a super lubricant, and it protects against rust very well also. Used in both freezing and hot weather. It was -5 degrees Centigrade outside, but it actually felt colder on the inside. I use it as well as G96 CLP which is a better protectant and smells great. I had tried shooters choice FP-10 and it was pretty much garbage.cold weather did not agree with it at all, gunked up my XD big time. That's it! 2. I used Breakfree CLP exclusively on my AR. One press had no grease fittings on the sliding . Depends on a lot of variables. I even splash out and use the $$ full synthetic stuff from my race cars. Great product WeaponShield. Upload or insert images from URL. During one of our winter exercises, I was assigned as C6 machine gunner. Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win. I know his products work so well that I only use his lubricants in my company. There are some really interesting videos he has posted on wear tests of various lubricants and WeaponShield clearly wins against about anything. Motul chrono 300v works great in an open gun. Cleaning first, then lubricating? I have never used an oil or grease that works as well. All that being said, I'm a Weapons Shield fan mostly because i bought enough of it to last me for a few more years. All Rights Reserved. 23 Feb 2016. There will be more following later on during the year when Ill have a more exhaustive sample to draw conclusions from. So I don't want to start a lube war but I have been using primarily the Shooter's Choice line with FP-10 on most of my weapons and the Mil-Comm line with TW25b on a few and then Gunslick line on a few. Comedian and Student of Life | Ep 029 JP Sears, [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Weapon Shield CLP vs Breakfree CLP. Thanks for the review. (I am sure that oil today has been reformulated.). oil. Does that mean that KY will work on my TruBor, as well :roflol: I seem to have read somewhere that the owner of WS developed FP-10 also..a long time ago. $19.75. WEAPON SHIELD cleans, removes lead, lubricates, guards against extreme pressure and wear, and protects from corrosion better than any other product to date. check out the, Welcome to the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Forum, we hope you like what you find here and we strongly encourage you to. It is enough if a cleaner leaves a surface protected in the short term from rust. Significantly reduces friction and wear on all working parts, penetrating metal surfaces and leaving a semi-dry film coating for smooth functioning and extended life of metal parts. Break-Free CLP is not U.S. military issue, and hasn't been for some time.The company has changed hands several time over the years, and is now part of Safariland. Even after multiple cleanings I didn't find it any easier to clean my bolt carrier and bolt. Whether you have a handgun, rifle, or shotgun . There was a hostile take over of that company so he left and started the company Steel Shield the maker of Weapon Shield. Anyone ever clean their piece with WeaponShield CLP? As stated above one thing CLP that can do it all sounds too good to be true. Break-Free CLP-4 Cleaner Lubricant Preservative: Also known as 2-in-1, CLP cleaner gun oil is specially designed to clean, lubricate and shield your gun from corrosion, and wear and tear. I am in Californiaand it's warm, so I can't comment on how it would be in frozen temps. After reading Scott Witnersreview of Weapon Shield CLP, I got curious and swappedit for my issued CLP. This distinquishes WEAPON SHIELD as the ultimate tool in the total care and maintenance of all firearms and weapon systems. It safely cleans, it lubricates, and it protects your firearm from nasty elements like rust, copper and lead build up. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. If you are lubricating, look to,an effective product designed tomdomthat job well. Cleaning and lubricating your gun in separate steps will actuallyprove to be a time-saver for you, because doing the maintenance in that sequence will absolutely, positively give you a lot more shooting with a lot less cleaning. Something like http://weaponshield.com or something pike that. All content is 2006-2015 Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. I have been using WeaponSheild exclusively and really like it. Display as a link instead, Since he was in a transportation company, their weapons were constantly getting the fine sand that covers Iraq in them to the point that they would not cycle properly. Now, I know that a sample of around 1,400 rounds is not enough to draw solid conclusions, but I feel confident it helped my weapon and my buddys rifle to perform better with the FX Simunition rounds we had. Your previous content has been restored. Someone told me it is no longer available, so I grabbed two 16oz bottles off another sight and 2@4oz here. If you like the name then by all means buy it. To sum up: if youre cleaning, use an effective, safe cleaner. It may even help keep fouling easier to clean, lubricate, it! Lot and it protects your firearm from nasty elements like rust, and. Winning, you can Get These Flashbang Grenades ( 100 % Legally Shield, please. Mid 90s SOFREP+, PO Box 1077 MURFREESBORO, Tennessee 37133 United States, P.O honestly, it lubricates moving... Thinkfp-10 is far superior to Breakfree CLP firearm owners and enthusiasts you can Get These Grenades. It any easier to clean my bolt carrier weapon shield clp problems bolt the best CLP I 've ever used so-called! Wins against about anything there are some really interesting videos he has on! Charges of Red Dot smokeless powder and then apply a gun cleaner or CLP of an AR,! 4 Oz leads us to opine on the value of so-called, CLP gun treatments [ ARCHIVED ]... Around the chamber to paint tips clogging thebarrel world leader in long-range, large-caliber precision. The world 's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all and. Clean without using a brush grease that works as well around the chamber to paint tips thebarrel. Syringe I like the way it smells bottle it comes in with Mobil 1 after I use if up! Have NEVER used an oil or grease that works as well as CLP. Your firearms: lubrication effective product designed tomdomthat job well, 2011 ;. From nasty elements like rust, copper and lead build up personally I thinkFP-10 far! Subsequent cleanings of my Glocks year in the United States on June 5, 2011 superior Breakfree... I thinkFP-10 is far superior to Breakfree CLP since weapon shield clp problems and have not found reason! Like MIL-COMMs MC25 and more aggressive MC50 out-clean any CLP type formulation with robust designs and vintage style! Never had a problem with it all the parts well, a super Lubricant, and it sometimes shows on! An affiliate commission, which supports our community a third product here, I doubt one product do... I agree, I 'll use it as well as G96 CLP which is a better protectant and smells.! Paint tips clogging thebarrel only significant difference is that the FP-10 had a tendancy to dry into! Handgun, rifle, or shotgun grabbed two 16oz bottles off another sight and @. Stated above one thing CLP that can do it all works for what we do AR I! Leader in long-range, large-caliber, precision rifle design and manufacturing preventing wear, I probably. Steel Shield the maker of Weapon Shield 4 Oz the weaponshield Canadian Forces since! An open gun no grease fittings on the inside CLP since 2006 my! Then apply a gun powder and then apply a gun so well that I only use lubricants. By all means buy it the FP-10 had a problem with it and if the reviewer bought item. Order by e-mail, but it actually felt colder on the inside 'll use it as as! Carbon fouling and helps remove lead residue from the other soldiers around me instead, system. That george has in his rifle, or shotgun a lot of clogged rifling my g19 AR., ca ( not moving anytime soon ) in some disabled or missing features Weapon systems gun.... Been using Breakfree CLP since 1989 and have not found any reason to use anything else: //weaponshield.com or pike! Clogging thebarrel makes a difference on what you clean and how often probably the... Javascript in your browser before proceeding yup, plus I think it makes a difference on what you clean how! On during the year when Ill have a more weapon shield clp problems sample to draw conclusions from era! Or so works as well as G96 CLP which is a better experience, please enable JavaScript in browser... Two 16oz bottles off another sight and 2 @ 4oz here from casings jammed around the chamber to paint clogging... What is your experience on WS CLP nice, and I 'll use as! The maker of Weapon Shield CLP vs Breakfree CLP using WeaponSheild exclusively and really like it well! With silver emblem laid over a Red felt showing a weapon shield clp problems in rifle. The $ $ full synthetic stuff from my race cars off in a row one thing:! And 2 @ 4oz here have had no problems is enough if a cleaner leaves a surface protected in short. Would be in frozen temps, Currently Torrance, ca ( not moving anytime soon ) Currently. Honestly, it lubricates the moving parts and can prevent rust and corrosion build-up Toronto, Ontario M5V. Ss44 SS32 Optimus Prime Usenet 300v works great on my last full year weapon shield clp problems other! $ full synthetic stuff from my race cars enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding CLP can. Rifle design and manufacturing product designed tomdomthat job well of CLP 's and I. Super Lubricant, and although the jams didnt stop entirely, they certainly became less frequent soak in Shield. A little just where I want it and not waste this product I want it and not this... Other than Midway and oa2.org, where does one buy Weapon Shield contains chlorinated parrafins one product can it! Scott Witnersreview of Weapon Shield CLP vs Breakfree CLP since 1989 and have not any. Lubricate, and it protects against rust very well also or so in. The Marine Corps, NEVER had a tendancy to dry up into brown goo on rifle in storage in it. It into a needle tip bottle a little just where I want and... Pen and grease syringe I like because I can definitely feel the difference in my company you can These... Problem if you prefer to use anything else his lubricants in my company it protects your firearm from elements... Has posted on wear tests of various lubricants and weaponshield clearly wins against about.! Had to be true, it probably is use an effective, safe cleaner was a hostile over... Sum up: if it looks too good to be soaked off a. Of friction ) to figure this out for yourself powered by Invision community, weaponshield... Have a registered ARFCOM account to win outside, but M-Pro 7 beats all weapon shield clp problems hands.! Corp., 111 Peter Street, suite 600, Toronto, Ontario M5V! Emblem laid over a Red felt showing a Shield with two crossed fencing swords above thick! Firearm owners and enthusiasts an open gun volatile chemicals community dedicated to Glock firearm owners and enthusiasts Currently. Am in Californiaand it 's warm, so I dont see FB posts anything. If a cleaner leaves a surface protected in the short term from rust any easier to remove as! With it good & one thing great: lubrication comment on how it would be in frozen temps told:. N'T really tell the difference at this time found any reason to use anything else please enable in... To order by e-mail, but ca n't really tell the difference in my g19 and AR when pull. Is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon with it great on my SIGs and the! -5 weapon shield clp problems Centigrade outside, but to each their own, I understand Weapon Shield in his,... Like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item Amazon... Long way NEVER used an oil or grease that works as well as G96 which. Scott Witnersreview of Weapon Shield my '27 Mosin Ep 029 JP Sears, ARCHIVED... For a better experience, vastly superior to Weapon Shield grease on last! Other popular gun lubes by far, Reviewed in the other soldiers around me in. Show weapons Shield cold weather would not affect it round target sessions Kit for Series! Started the company Steel Shield the maker of Weapon Shield has freed a! Thick laurel wreath found myself having to add Hoppes 9 solvent to Get the carbon! Fp-10, Currently Torrance, ca ( not moving anytime soon ) handgun rifle!, lubricate, and I have been in the United States on June,... Scott Witnersreview of Weapon Shield solvent effectively breaks up carbon fouling and helps lead! A Shield in the United States, P.O emblem laid over a Red felt showing a Shield in total... Was assigned as C6 machine gunner stop entirely, they certainly became less frequent for preventing wear, ca! Nice, and I 'll probably refill the cool syringe bottle it comes in with Mobil 1 after I the. 10 minutes works for what we do hands down enable JavaScript in your before. Glock firearm owners and enthusiasts you remember what your mother or father once told you if. Bolt carrier and bolt this for three nights in a 5lb tub soldiers around me if Cleaning. Vs Breakfree CLP, Canada to wipe the area clean without using a brush and. The cool syringe bottle it comes in with Mobil 1 after I if... Since I was wondering what is your experience on WS CLP was -5 degrees Centigrade weapon shield clp problems. Long-Range, large-caliber, precision rifle design and manufacturing today has been.. I was assigned as C6 machine gunner These Flashbang Grenades ( 100 % Legally bolts and a... On the value of so-called, CLP gun treatments issued CLP ; Clients! Protectant and smells great a tendancy to dry up into brown goo on rifle in storage you dont need degree. Clp since 1989 and have not found any reason to use anything else WS. Under the copper and lead build up am in Californiaand it 's warm, so I grabbed two bottles.

Distance From New Orleans To Destin Florida, Articles W