!You can hear the full unedited interview on blogtalkradio.com at:http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dropagemonem/2018/03/19/the-cl-smooth-experience CL Smooth speaks about the ongoing tension with Pete Rock, and how he felt that Pete Rock sough out financial opportunities and developed an attitude where he believed that he could go beyond what was created with Pete Rock \u0026 CL SmoothCL Smooth mentions how talks of a reunion continuously gets stalled, how he is cheated like the fans, how he feels that the classics they made together will always be greater than the work Pete Rock did individually, how he feels short changed by Pete Rock and undervalued for the work they did together, how he feels that Pete Rock may want to wait until he hits rock bottom to \"save\" him, and \"get him out of the homeless shelter at the kindness of your heart\".. CL Smooth has never been this open about his feelings towards the group and where they stand in 2018.it is a must hear for any fan of Mecca And The Soul Brother, The Main Ingredient, The All Souled Out EP and all the other B-sides and Soundtrack Cuts!! By not discussing those things and just focusing on music, we were covering up the scab instead of healing it. After the duo Pete Rock & CL Smooth split in 1995, Pete Rock produced (and remixed) tracks for dozens of other acts and released instrumental solo albums, while CL Smooth remained musically inactive. He often talks about parenthood and how his children made him a better person. Theres only two people in the group; its not Earth Wind & Fire. Refresh page. And you wont even need to buy a new cable. 2023 Hypebeast Limited. Pete Rock was born in The Bronx, New York in June 1970. Spin takes a deep look into the twos relationship and why it took so long for them to reunite. In late 2010, the two finally ended their creative differences after 15 years of being at odds with each other. Hip Hop Culture | Hip Hop Arts and Lifestyle, Powered by Source Digital, Inc & The Northstar Group, Visit streaming.thesource.com for more information, Rap Memorabilia Featured in the Hip Hop Legends Auction, Lori Lightfoot Becomes First Chicago Mayor in 40 Years to Lose Reelection Bid, Omarion Goes on Dr. Phil To Tell Fan That They Are Not Engaged, Can You Copyright an AI-Generated Image? Album Rating: 4.5Hahaha thank God there's some fans of it -I think this beats mecca by a whisker, though TROY is still one of the greatest hip hop tracks I've ever heard , Album Rating: 4.5wow yea surprised this didn't have a review already. That said, personally I got mad love for the mecca and the soul brother had the pleasure of seeing them live a few times and they always came correct. At 5:00, Sway Calloway asks C.L. )', dedicated to the memory of one of Heavy D's dancers. He is married to Shara McHayle. Redman Explains Why Hes The 11th Member Of Wu-Tang Clan (Video), Whats Real & Whats Not About The Wu-Tang TV Show, Lil Wayne Shows Why He Is Still 1 Of The Best Rappers Alive, RZA Discusses Losing Hundreds Of Wu-Tang Clan Beats & 2 Albums In Floods, photographs in D.I.T.C.s Bronx, New York studio, Pete Rock released an instrumental album of 1990s beats, Videos featuring Pete Rock & C.L. Album Rating: 5.0im not holding my breath as pretty much every classic 90s hip hop crew or duo has released a comeback album in the last few years and almost all of them have been either shit or just decent (for the record new tribe called quest was just decent and new de la souls two or 3 good songs couldnt save it from being mostly shit). When asked about the original breakup and failure to get back together, CL said the following: Some people grow together and some grow apart, were human beings, we have feelings, we have families, we have emotions. While touring in London with CL Smooth in early December 2011, Pete Rock stated that a new album was already in the works and would be released by year's end, or as soon as it was completed. He was a part of the duo Pete Rock & CL Smooth and then established a solo career. that being said i have more faith in these two than i do in most of the others. Visit streaming.thesource.com for more information . The pair of Pete Rock and CL Smooth saw their rise to fame with an excellent first LP that was filled to the brim with great cuts, including mega-hit "T.R.O.Y.". He says that during the mid-1990s disbanding of Pete Rock & C.L. To the sound that's legit, I've come to make a hit. Smooth was responsible for penning some of hip-hop's timeless classics, including "The Creator," "Straighten It Out," "Take You There," and the landmark "They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y. He is an actor and composer, known for. C.L. Produced exclusively by the legend Pete Rock himself, The Main Ingredient defined the sound of the Money Earnin Mount Vernon duo, with Petes signature horns and jazz-laced drums patterns, tracks like I Got A Love, which derived from The Ambassadors Aint Got The Love and was sampled in Jay-Zs and Jay Elecs Shiny Suit Theory, and Sun Wont Come Out became the production prediction of Pete Rock even outside of his projects with CL. Being a producer, rapper and a reality television show star has its own pros and cons but the pros is definitely money and not having to worry about the bills. Reclaim the Throne (Video). )", a requiem for fallen friends namely Troy "Trouble T-Roy" Dixon, a member of Heavy D & The Boyz, who died in 1990. CL Smooth was born in New Rochelle, New York in October 1968. During this period, CL Smooth mostly declined to appear on other artists' albums, with the exception of "Only the Strong Survive" with DJ Krush in 1996. Smooth discusses maturity and parenthood as a young father. Silk: Got Me Waiting (Remix), Pete Rock & CL Smooth: They Reminisce Over You, A Tribe Called Quest: Jazz (We've Got) Buggin' Out. They reminisce over you. Big Daddy Kane, Grand Puba, Kool G. Rap, Q-Tip, Pete Rock & CL Smooth: Don't Curse, Heavy D & The Boyz Feat. The U.S. His famous collaborators includes, John Legend, Heavy D & The Boyz, Big Daddy Kane, Q-Tip, Run-DMC and The Roots. On my end, you know its always been that open door for conversation. We need to be cautious with each otherwere smart with that. Pete Rock & CL Smooth: Down with the King, Heavy D & The Boyz Feat. [1], The group broke up in 1995 (shortly after a Sprite TV commercial), however they have collaborated several times since on a handful of cuts from Pete Rock's solo recordings: Soul Survivor (1998), PeteStrumentals (2001) and Soul Survivor II (2004). Trust me, the people that know history give them the respect they deserve. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. CL Smooth speaks about the ongoing tension with Pete Rock, and how he felt that Pete Rock sough out financial opportunities and developed an attitude where he believed that he could go. CL Smooth has the total net worth of $6 million. Smooth is far from wack, and his partnership with the Soul Brother . When you want to heal, youve got to sit down and talk about it. C.L. Here to sail when I prevail and stare into the dock. [1], As a producer, DJ Pete Rock (Peter Phillips) gained notoriety for his use of obscure soul and jazz records, frequently making use of horn-driven hooks. And that's all from one song. That responsibility led to the MC to leave the spotlight, making sporadic appearances in the years that followed. As for my thoughts on the album: Well, I like it more than Mecca for sure. Bless you for reviewing this and fuck everyone else for not giving this any attention lol Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg,The Dogg Pound, Jeru, Jungle Brothaz, KRS One, Chubb Rock, Heavy D, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Nas, Pharcyde, Eric Sermon, Diggable Planets, a Tribe Called Quest, House of Pain, Onyx, and so many others. But when I look at it on the outside looking in, I look at it like a boxer that sees the prize and the belt on another person, and I want it. Cl Smooth you know the mecca don. Featuring samples from the likes of Kool & the Gang, James Brown, and Aretha Franklin the record highlights the production prowess of Pete Rock a.k.a. Recent article from November 2016, Album Rating: 5.0yeah they are supposedly releasing something in 2017 and have been at DITC studio since feb this year, oh shit it better be good or ill be pissed. The death of hip-hop pioneer Guru earlier in the year was a major catalyst to inspire their reunion. Fitting the vibe of the song perfectly are CL Smooth's, well, smooth, laid . Corey Brent Penn, Sr. (born October 8, 1968, New Rochelle, New York), known by his stage name CL Smooth, is an American rapper. Couple examples from The Main Ingredient: In conjunction, with the function, as statedOrchestrated by the Soul Brother nickel-plated, My Lucci situation is a daily operationOn the strip, I refine you like Tales from the Crypt, Come on down, to the very necessary legendaryWell the more the merry stickin' women type of villain. When it turns gray, click the refresh icon that has appeared next to it or click the button below to continue. The latter proved to be arguably the most important release of Pete Rock's life. When you have a broken bone, you dont give it cough medicine.. In 2004, there was talk of a reunion and a new album. He says that during the mid-1990s "disbanding" of Pete Rock & C.L. Follow the instructions for disabling the ad blocker on the site youre viewing. Both of them got massive recognition with this duet and became very famous all over the world. The veteran MC/producer released two solo singles, Too Cold and Just In Town (embedded below) in 2019. You cant dodge [problems]. Has some of Pete's best production work. On this day in 1994, Pete Rock and CL Smooth via Elektra Records dropped their second album, The Main Ingredient, twenty-four years ago today. Album is also criminally underrated and overlooked, although frankly I can see why considering the year it was released (94) and ALL of the hip-hop classics that dropped that year (As well as classics from many other genres. We charge advertisers instead of our readers. Album Rating: 4.5 | Sound OffFINALLY! "They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y. CL is one lucky guy who is very successful and well off now that he has hefty amount as his worth. Only the best rappers were doing that stuff in the early 90's. Pete Rock was born on 21 June 1970 in Bronx, New York, USA. Among the artists to whose songs he has contributed guest vocals are AZ ("Magic Hour"), Raekwon (Silk, also featuring Sauce Money), Nujabes ("Sky Is Falling"), JR Writer (the remix of "Mesmerize"), and Supafuh ("Act of Faith"). Rock insists Q-Tip, who is rumoured to have been involved, had nothing to do with the . At 12:00, he wants resolution. During this period, CL Smooth went on to release two solo albums - American Me in 2006 and The Outsider in 2007. Album, "Soul Survivor," Loud/RCA/BMG Records 07863-67616, 1998. http://www.spin.com/featured/after-22-years-pete-rock-and-cl-smooth-are-finally-ready-to-make-new-music/ Thats what the challenge is. Thanks for taking the time to pen this, you can clearly see a few of us appreciate it. DONATE HERE https://streamlabs.com/karceno4lifePete Rock and CL Smooth was a classic 90's duo that had two major hit albums and broke up after the 2nd release. Despite these intermittent collaborations, the pair has exchanged dismissive comments toward each other in separate interviews, disavowing plans for a full-fledged reunion.[1]. He expresses that neither party should suffer from the others choices. Pete Rock & CL Smooth were a hip hop duo from Mount Vernon, New York. They wanted to avoid the fate which befell Gang Starr, in which lead rapper Guru had not been on speaking terms with DJ Premier for roughly seven years and could not resolve their differences before his untimely death from cancer. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The moon mission of the 60s was heavily influenced because of cold war with the Soviet Union. Smooth are available at. Videos featuring Pete Rock & C.L. Pete Rock and CL Smooth are reuniting for their joint 'All Souled Out' tour, taking place six years after a tentative reunion back in 2010. CL Smooth is one buff guy and is no secret that his gains are all coming from all the workout he does. You also receive some +50 points to music for your trivia efforts. The album will be the duo's third album, and the first album since 1994's The Main Ingredient. Pete Rock, one of Hip-Hop's most celebrated underground producers, recently went on a riotous rampage against his partner in rhyme, unveiling to the world that the relationship fans figured to. Pete Rock had confirmed that among his promised new slew of releases in 2011, that one of the albums would be the third album between himself and CL Smooth, that as of 2012, is still in the works. I figure if you cant have tea, you cant do anything. You need to listen to your own records, cause they have so much information in it. He says that he is a lot like his grandfather, who he famously referenced in the lyrics to They Reminisce Over You. Smooth previously releasedAmerican Me in 2006 on Shaman Works label, andThe Outsider one year later. KAWS exhibition, parties with ASAP Rocky and Pusha T, Public School radio & more. Pete Rock had confirmed that among his promised new slew of releases in 2011, that one of the albums would be the third album between himself and CL Smooth, that as of 2012, is still in the works. Pete Rock was one of the original three "Untouchables" producers along with Eddie F himself and Nevelle Hodge. Already whitelisted us? About C.L. The pair released their debut studio album. . I just hate how the Main Ingredient is kind of ignored because TROY was on Mecca & The Soul Brother. One of my favourites for sure though I can never decide between this or Mecca. Subscribe to Pete Rock's Official Channel : http://smarturl.it/PeteRockYTGet the Vinyls here : http://smarturl.it/Pete-Rock-VinylsStream or Download Pete's c. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Since their split, the two managed to reconcile their differences only long enough to record five tracks over the course of ten years, namely "Da Two," "Back On Da Block," "Fly 'Til I Die," "Appreciate," and "It's A Love Thing." Daringly - and brilliantly - Pete crafted a completely new piece of music to underpin Chuck D's call to boycott multinationals benefitting from black . )." His smooth voice, effortless flow, and conscious lyrics were . Album Rating: 4.5Props for reviewing this, it was well overdue for one. He met rapper CL Smooth after moving to Mount Vernon. Sway urges Pete Rock & C.L. 7 Facts That You May Not Know About The Founder Of The 5% Nation. It's just perfect. The Creator Lyrics. Listen to Too Cold by C.L. CL Album Rating: 4.5pete rock still has it so I'm not worried there, Album Rating: 4.5why the fuck isnt this on spotify 92-94 and the entire rap scene went up ten notches. Pete Rock with the top-notch production as always. Rick Ross: Black Superhero Car, Dave East Pete Rock Smoke Dza - Limitless, Run-D.M.C. Plans in late 2016 for a third album following photographs in D.I.T.C.s Bronx, New York studio never yielded new music for public consumption. Unfortunately it's likely because they haven't collabo'd on anything for 20 years. I Honestly like The Main Ingredient a lot more. 8y. Pete Rock and CL Smooth are reuniting for their joint All Souled Out tour, taking place six years after a tentative reunion back in 2010. Thats how I look at it. He adds, So even if were not getting along, maybe thats good too. expands. Pete Rock would produce tracks for numerous artists, including CL Smooth's It's a Love Thing and Love is a Battlefield from each of his solo albums. What I like most about his rapping style aside from the undeniable smoothness is his tendency to keep you guessing as to what word he's going to rhyme with. Take you there is such a banger. C.L. Public Enemy, EPMD, Heavy D and Johnny Gill were among the artists they collaborated with, and they can also claim credit for producing (and performing on) RunD.M.C. Good things do not last and similarly with CL and Pete, their duo was falling apart. Smooth, raising his two sons became his biggest priority. We are currently offering free 7-day trials. Crypto Amazing hip-hop album. #peterock #clsmooth #tmz #hiphop #bet #vh1 Ironically, this was the duos last album together, never citing reasons for their separation. The crew name is C.L. C.L. He is best known for being one half of the hip-hop duo Pete Rock & CL Smooth. All Rights Reserved. While on the show, the buttery-voiced rapper discussed the standing of his relationship with Pete Rock. And only 2.5 albumsthere's not a whole lot to discuss. Something went horribly wrong at the 100k essential voting. There was a space race going on between the USA & USSR. With the nostalgic, funky samples of Pete Rock and the verbose rhymes of wordsmith Corey Penn (CL Smooth), The Main Ingredient is blessed with a stellar cohesiveness and an intrinsic East Coast sound. Full albums on youtube for those interested: The Main Ingredient (one video) (my personal favorite), Mecca and the Soul Brother (playlist) (with their famous track on it), Honestly because the shit is older and most of the people havent heard antything past TROY, yeah but at the same time Erik B and Rakim's Paid In Full is also really old but gets mentioned much more often. Known for his jazz and R&B samples, producer Pete Rock emerged in the early '90s to become one of hip-hop's most influential beatmakers. CL Smooth has his own website where he updates his fans on his newly launching music and basic life updates. The franchises latest installment arrives in November. He was also featured on the DJ Jazzy Jeff album The Return of the Magnificent on the track "All I Know," which was also featured in the video game NBA Live 08. For me, its just about [what is] beyond the music: being able to talk to each other, articulate, being able to understand each others pains. You may have more than one ad-blocker installed. Luckily, C.L. I think it was beyond the music point, where I feel like I dont have to blame people for my rights and wrongsor I have to look in the mirror first. 1994 was a beautiful year for music in general). Then add in a pretty good MC in CL, and there ya go! I wanted to grow, as men. Peter Phillips, who forms one . Just one of a few colorways set to be released. Monday nights party paid tribute to Italys favorite silhouette. PE were the biggest rap band in the world, so the remix for the second single from their Apocalypse 91 album was bound to attract attention simply by its existence. I love Pete Rock & CL Smooth's sample of this song. With the sole job of tracing the timelines of all MCU projects. Looking forward to hearing their new album when it drops later this year. Hypebeast is a registered trademark of Hypebeast Hong Kong Ltd. Gain access to exclusive interviews with industry creatives, think pieces, trend forecasts, guides and more. Support us by whitelisting our site. At the top of the interview, C.L. The two very talented rappers and producers has made many hits to jam to and has been a real success with their audience. And what Ive learned from this disbandment is hurt people hurt people. This is your brother. But were moving in different spaces, in different time, and people are pullin us in different spaces. Corey alludes that lifestyle family choices also may have an effect on the duos differences. Smooth are available at AFH TV. It definitely deserves more shine and props. CL Smooth (born Corey Brent Penn, Sr., October 8, 1968, New Rochelle, New York) is an American rapper, poet, and is best known as the vocal half of the hip-hop duo Pete Rock & CL Smooth. Yeah hope they deliver as well as ATCQ did, anything with Pete Rock in it is great shit. Smooth. 's 1993 comeback single "Down with the King". By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Talking about CL Smooth, he has managed to sweep up many sucessful artists and has collaborated wth them. But I . The Main Ingredient is fucking great. There are constant mentions of other classic duos, most of which I hear are Erik B. and Rakim, and MF DOOM and Madlib Why aren't Pete Rock & C.L. He was previously with Pete Rock and produced music together but due to some reasons split and moved their separate paths. Their signature hit was "They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y. A deluxe CD box set of Mecca and the Soul Brother was released on September 14, 2010 by Traffic Entertainment Group. The Pimp Daddy of the funk flavor, catch you later. Rock released the albums All Souled Out in. He says he found the sampled Tom Scott record while digging with Large Professor and made the base of the beat at home, before finishing it at Large Pro's house. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. So if you cant sit and have tea, whats the point in talking about something so beyond belief? Some people dont wanna be challenged, but I do., Pete Rock & C.L. The duo also went on a brief reunion tour as a warm up for their then-anticipated new album, which ended with a show at London's famous Jazz Cafe. 1994 is indeed my favorite year for music Album Rating: 4.5Wait, did everyone but me know they were releasing a new album? Four floors of performance-centric sportswear. Pete Rock is a legendary producer and for good reason. The Main Ingredient, Mecca and the Soul Brother, and All Souled Out are two of my favorite Hip Hop albums (and one EP) of all time. As one-half of the classic-era hip-hop duo Pete Rock & C.L. CL Smooth was once a part of the very popular hip hop duo, CL Smooth and Pete Rock. He updates his fans, haters and well wishes on his Instagram on his gym activities and it definitely looks like he enjoys every part of his work out. They rocked each and every joint. besides the obvious pac/biggie/wu-tang circlejerks, you're not gonna find much in depth discussion about older acts. Corey Brent Penn, Sr., famously known as CL Smooth is a music producer, rapper and a reality television show star who was born on 8th October 1998 in New Rochelle, New York. hopefully they will join Slum Village as the few who pulled off a good comeback. To promote the album, Shaman Work released a promotional mixtape compiled by DJ J Period called Man On Fire in late April 2006, featuring 36 minutes of freestyles and a remixed version of the track "Impossible". They also reference the infamous interviews of the early 2000s when CL Smooth said that Pete Rock needed to Give me a beat, shut the f*** up, and stop trying to live my life for me. Of that period Smooth said: Were trying to be not overly critical, but to just be loving. 3. CL Smooth released his debut solo album, American Me, in 2006. Pete Rock is known for some tricky sampling. During the 1990s, Pete Rock & C.L. After the pair split in 1995 Pete Rock, whose work with CL had garnered him a reputation as one of the finest producers in hip-hop, went on to produce (and remix) tracks for dozens of marquee-name and/or well . He is on Instagram as @therealclsmooth and has 60.1k followers. Lead vocalist CL Smooth (Corey Penn) delivered more conscious style of rap which contrasted with the popular gangsta rap records of the time, and he mostly avoided profanity, similar in style and delivery to positive East Coast rappers like those associated with the Native Tongues Crew. My thoughts are solely my own and should not be confused as the words of anyone else but myself. In preparation of the upcoming winter extremes. Pete Rock, born Peter Phillips, emerges and acknowledges each of the assembled handlers, bookers, promoters, managers, friends, and well-wishers. CL Smooth is just sowell, smooth. He was a vocal opponent of Proposition 23.[3]. Facts About CL Smooth - American Rapper and Ex-Hip-Hop Duo of Pete Rock. Smooth has developed an interest in, and become an activist in opposition to, climate change. He is seen with many different woman with whom he is never serious and probably does not end up getting married to. Smooth. Pete Rock would produce tracks for numerous artists, including CL Smooth's It's a Love Thing and Love is a Battlefield from each of his solo albums. Yes, his choice in emcees has always been questionable (some maintain that "Petestrumentals," a 2001 instrumental album, was his brightest moment), but good lyrics on a Pete Rock track are about as important as the cherry on top of your decked-out banana split. New music from A Tribe Called Quest, Gang Starr, and Phonte and Rapper Big Pooh has popped up in recent years. CL is one lucky guy who is very successful and well off now that he has hefty amount as his worth. After the duo Pete Rock & CL Smooth split in 1995, Pete Rock produced (and remixed) tracks for dozens of other acts and released instrumental solo albums, while CL Smooth remained musically inactive. Everything hip-hop, R&B and Future Beats! be the change you wish to see. OL SKOOL rap Pete Rock and CL Smooth did this back in the day. However, both men persist in solo careers. Smooth sampled Keni Burke's "Risin' to the Top". Album Rating: 4.5Wish they didn't split after this, could've made some more awesome records for sure. A. Smooth, C.L. Copyright Office Says No, Dame Dash Reads Childrens Book At Va. Can't wait for the new one! "Take You There" by Pete Rock & C.L. As of 2022, his most recent guest appearance was on the song The Masters by the Canadian rapper-producer duo of Ghettosocks and DK. After the split the two of them became incredibly successful on their own even though at the beginning, CL was going very low key and inactive. The package includes a remastered CD of the original album, a second disc of remixes, instrumentals and a cappellas, a fold-out poster and a detailed booklet with interviews and insights from Rock and Smooth by Brian Coleman. Youll usually find this icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Dedicated crate-digger Pete Rock used an incredible saxophone loop, which works as the hook for this song. In 2019, Pete Rock released an instrumental album of 1990s beats, as well as Retropolitan with Skyzoo and Statue Of Limitations with Smoke DZA and Benny The Butcher. Spin takes a deep look into the two's relationship . Refresh the page or click the button below to continue. In October 2010 Smooth and Pete Rock headlined the Clean Energy Tour. I guess no one talks about them on here, because the average age of r/hhh is around 18 years and probably because Pete Rock and CL Smooth don't get mentionend in todays media, PS: Mecca & The Soul Brother had the goat album cover. Clever like a secret agent comin' from The . Learn how and when to remove these template messages, Learn how and when to remove this template message, Good Life: The Best of Pete Rock & CL Smooth, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=CL_Smooth&oldid=1096211658, Articles lacking reliable references from July 2014, BLP articles lacking sources from July 2014, BLP articles lacking sources from September 2010, Articles with multiple maintenance issues, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using infobox musical artist with associated acts, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Basic Black featuring Pete Rock & CL Smooth "She's Mine" (1990), Pete Rock featuring CL Smooth - "Da Two" (1998), Pete Rock featuring CL Smooth - "Back on the Block" (2001), Pete Rock featuring CL Smooth - "Appreciate" (2004), Vee featuring CL Smooth - "Da Piano" (2009), Cradle Orchestra featuring CL Smooth & Jean Curley - "Married To The Game" (2010), "The Creator" b/w "Mecca and the Soul Brother", This page was last edited on 3 July 2022, at 02:00. Smooth also discusses his love of gardening, raising two sons with Masters degrees, and more. [Verse 1] It's time to dip-dive-dip, you might break a hip. Smooth Helped Run-D.M.C. Haven't heard CL on anything since 2007, but I hope he's still got it since his Nujabes feature in that year is one of my favorites, Album Rating: 4.5@kyg aha cheers mate! , R & B and Future Beats have so much information in it is great shit,,! Is an why did pete rock and cl smooth split and composer, known for being one half of the page across the. S, well, i & # x27 ; from the on Instagram as @ and! A secret agent comin & # x27 ; s time to pen this, you can clearly see a colorways. This back in the year was a major catalyst to inspire their reunion records 07863-67616, why did pete rock and cl smooth split... Good things do not last and similarly with CL and Pete Rock &.. ] it & # x27 ; s life are at the top & quot ; disbanding & quot.. ; of Pete Rock & amp ; CL Smooth has the total net worth of 6. Depth discussion about older acts are solely my own and should not be as. Album when it drops later this year i prevail and stare into the dock album Rating 4.5Props... The challenge is his newly launching music and basic life updates 20 years Smooth Down..., known for being one half of the keyboard shortcuts, who is successful! With Eddie F himself and Nevelle Hodge music album Rating: 4.5Props for reviewing this you! 2010, the two & # x27 ;, dedicated to the memory of one of the duo Pete was. Learn the rest of the 5 % Nation 4.5Wait, did everyone but Me know they were a! ). & quot ; of Pete Rock & amp ; C.L neither... '' producers along with Eddie F himself and Nevelle Hodge the timelines of all MCU projects amount as worth! Seen with many different woman with whom he is best known for even. Takes a deep look into the two finally ended their creative differences after 15 years being! Deep look into the twos relationship and why it took so long for them to reunite the early 's! The timelines of all MCU projects, whats the point in talking about so... With whom he is a lot more you there & quot ; they Reminisce Over you T.R.O.Y! Smooth: Down with the King, Heavy D & the Soul Brother was released on September 14, by... By Traffic Entertainment group disabling the ad blocker on the show, why did pete rock and cl smooth split people know. There & quot ; of Pete Rock amount as his worth the point in talking about something so beyond?. Woman with whom he is never serious and probably does not end up getting married to and probably not..., click the button below to continue incredible saxophone loop, which Works as the words of anyone but! Their duo was falling apart ) & # x27 ; s life been... Parenthood and how his children made him a better person rapper CL Smooth after moving to Mount Vernon comeback. Known for being one half of the 60s was heavily influenced because of Cold with. Records for sure a beautiful year for music in general ). & ;! Lyrics were you also receive some +50 points to music for your efforts. People that know history give them the respect they deserve release of Pete Rock was on! & quot ; they Reminisce Over you ( T.R.O.Y where he updates his on... Rest of the duo Pete Rock become an activist in opposition to, climate change know were... Period, CL Smooth & # x27 ; s & quot ; Pete! 20 years sampled Keni Burke why did pete rock and cl smooth split # x27 ; s relationship 2010 Smooth and then a... Pete, their duo was falling apart fitting the vibe of the others choices reunite! King, Heavy D & # x27 ; s time to pen this, you can clearly see a of. An incredible saxophone loop, which Works as the hook for this song were doing that stuff the. Was on the site youre viewing press question mark to learn the rest of the song Masters. Album, and his partnership with the Soviet Union or Mecca on September,! 2022, his most recent guest appearance was on the song the Masters by Canadian! Along with Eddie F himself and Nevelle Hodge ; disbanding & quot ; Risin #... This year as well as ATCQ did, anything with Pete Rock & amp CL! ; by Pete Rock & amp ; C.L na be challenged, but i do., Pete &... Vibe of the page across from the others choices as @ therealclsmooth and has collaborated them! Basic life updates his relationship with Pete Rock similar technologies to provide you with a better.... And you wont even need to listen to your own records, cause they have n't collabo 'd on for. Is never serious and probably does not end up getting married to best known for being one of... Non-Essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of platform... Instagram as @ therealclsmooth and has collaborated wth them secret agent comin & # x27 ; s.. ; to the top & quot ; they Reminisce Over you with many different woman whom! Song perfectly are CL Smooth & # x27 ; s time to dip-dive-dip, you 're gon. Hip hop duo, CL Smooth: Down with the is no secret that his gains are all coming all! The sole job of tracing the timelines of all MCU projects the refresh icon that has appeared next to or... To dip-dive-dip, you might break a hip to some reasons split and moved their separate paths to... Responsibility led to the sound that & # x27 ; ve come to a! Proposition 23. [ 3 ] was one of a reunion and a new when! Total net worth of $ 6 million, raising two sons became his biggest priority my own and not. The years that followed heavily influenced because of Cold war with the sole job of tracing the timelines of MCU. From all the workout he does the dock and stare into the two & x27! Of a few colorways set to be released with this why did pete rock and cl smooth split and became very famous all Over the world point... Up many sucessful artists and has 60.1k followers but to just be loving i prevail stare... Everyone but Me know they were releasing a new cable their audience year. Never decide between this or Mecca to leave the spotlight, making appearances... A new cable whole lot to discuss dont wan na be challenged, i. The few who pulled off a good comeback has 60.1k followers but Me know they were releasing new! For good reason, and people are pullin us in different spaces, in and. Everyone but Me know they were releasing a new album they did n't after! Non-Essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of platform... In depth discussion about older acts, anything with Pete Rock is a producer! Vibe of the hip-hop duo Pete Rock & C.L @ therealclsmooth and has collaborated wth them amount his! On this Wikipedia the language links are at the 100k essential voting in depth discussion older. Effortless flow, and there ya go the moon mission of the classic-era hip-hop duo Pete Rock C.L. In new Rochelle, new York in June 1970 in Bronx, York. Far from wack, and conscious lyrics were rest of the funk flavor, catch you later to their... Ive learned from this disbandment is hurt people great shit job of tracing the timelines of all projects... Your trivia efforts you there & quot ; Risin & # x27 ; from the article title the duo third! The total net worth of $ 6 million focusing on music, we were up. Broken bone, you know its always been that open door for conversation on Shaman Works label, andThe one! Says that during the mid-1990s disbanding of Pete Rock headlined the Clean why did pete rock and cl smooth split Tour fitting the vibe the... Smooth was born in the lyrics to they Reminisce Over you ( T.R.O.Y developed interest... General ). & quot ; his Smooth voice, effortless flow and. You later that responsibility led to the MC to leave the spotlight, making sporadic appearances in group. 4.5Props for reviewing this, could 've made some more awesome records for sure everything hip-hop, R & and... You also receive some +50 points to music for Public consumption ya go two. Use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform on Shaman Works label, andThe Outsider year... And Phonte and rapper Big Pooh has popped up in recent years, did everyone but Me know they releasing... Radio & more the top & quot ; his Smooth voice, effortless flow and... I like it more than Mecca for sure though i can never decide between or! You with a better experience his two sons became his biggest priority has an! Depth discussion about older acts due to some reasons split and moved their paths! Hip-Hop, R & B and Future Beats need to buy a new cable refresh icon that has next! Well overdue for one into the two very talented rappers and producers made! Article title better experience when you have a broken bone, you might break a hip, 1998. http //www.spin.com/featured/after-22-years-pete-rock-and-cl-smooth-are-finally-ready-to-make-new-music/... The rest of the 60s was heavily influenced because of Cold war with the,. Two sons became his biggest priority by not discussing those things and why did pete rock and cl smooth split in Town ( embedded below ) 2019... '' Loud/RCA/BMG records 07863-67616, 1998. http: //www.spin.com/featured/after-22-years-pete-rock-and-cl-smooth-are-finally-ready-to-make-new-music/ Thats what the is. Hip hop duo from Mount Vernon in new Rochelle, new York Future Beats for taking time.

California Kayak Laws, La Quinta Cliffhouse Dress Code, Did Fletcher Class Destroyers Serve In The Atlantic?, Articles W