Mine came with the small backstrap, and it fits my hand nicely. I havent shot a ton of 10mm handguns, but this one has been a blast pun intended. VERY accurate, i have been having some problems with the mag dropping out of it during shooting recently, but thats the only issue i have had. The XD (m) is not immune to abuse though as I found by carrying a Remington 700 in an X-Ray chassis next to it for the duration of the Bushnell Brawl. Its frame is black polymer with three interchangeable backstraps. Height: 5.75. Caliber: 10mm. It also would have been nice to have taller sights, so you could use them in tandem with the red dot. The XD-M 10mm www.thearmorylife.com Jan 6, 2022 #6 From a value perspective, it will be hard to beat the XD-M Elite 4.5 10mm. The Hex Dragonfly that comes with the XD-M Elite is a nice optic, but there are many other quality optics to consider as well. The XDms really fit my hands well, probably the best out of any guns Ive ever experienced. The beavertail profile is a nice addition, too. I love both of those guns, but your complaint is the same as griping your Ruger GP100 doesnt shoot as well as your S&W Performance Center .357. Its accurate with factory loads and reloads. Springfield Armory XD-M 10mm Discontinued Jump to Latest Follow Products in this Thread Discover products that SIG Talk members are discussing products that are mentioned will automatically appear here. No work was done to the pistol, outside of a recoil spring change and oil at 2,000 round intervals. You could point out you arent an evil, devil-handed southpaw like me, but then, if you were a lefty, would you have given it only 2 or 3 stars for accessories because the holster that comes with the gun is RH only? Great info in this thread! There is a mag release located on both sides of the grip. Im not shy about the fact I love 10mm. Compact yet powerful, the pistol packs in 11+1 rounds of the powerful 10mm and features fully ambidextrous controls, the excellent META trigger and much more. Thats my only complaint. Im not shy about the fact I love 10mm. This isnt to say that the XD (M) cant handle a wide variety of ammo, though, because it performs with equally well with range ammo like Tula 115 gr, Remington UMC. Length: 7.6. Its frame is black polymer with three interchangeable backstraps. I gave up after five hundred rounds of Winchester white box and an entire grab bag of mixed brass case, steel case, JHP, and various other unknown ammo types. Where I found the 3.8 to be a joy to shoot, and very accurate given the slightly shorter barrel length, the 4.5 was the older brother that never quite lived up to his potential. Ultimately, as much as I love them (and M&P), Im now INTIMATE with my CZ P09 (and P07 Gen2). I can't seem to locate the after pic. Copyright 2023 Center for the National Interest All Rights Reserved. Whether you are looking for a home defense weapon or need a new competition piece, definitely try out the XD(M). No matter how I tried to position myself, no matter how much dry fire practice I did, I just couldnt ever make the gun produce better than the groups you see above at the ten yard line. Get your hands on one if you havent. Discover now the best deals and amazing prices. WebModel: XDM Elite. When squeezing the trigger, it becomes increasingly easier to fire off follow up shots. The only exception was the P232 above in that my palm extends maybe 1/4 inch below the back of the grip, if that. It's had a lot of problems with soft strikes and some other odd issues. There may not be a thumb safety, but that doesnt mean there arent any safety features. So, while I havent put as many rounds through it as I would if it was say, a 9mm or .22LR, Ive still managed to put 260 flawless rounds through it in the last few months. I wonder if some part of the match trigger can't quite take 10mm recoil. Overall * * * * The XD (m) is not immune to abuse though as I found by carrying a Remington 700 in an X-Ray chassis next to it for the duration of the Bushnell Brawl. I hate to split a category up (Nick hates it more), but the truth is that this is a very mechanically accurate pistol. Theres a solid pin replacement you can get. Five stars are for perfect guns, and the XD(m) 4.5 comes up just a touch short. Im of the camp that likes a rear sight with a flat face on the front or even a slight forward cant. Back then, the starting point was the Norma load, with a 200-grain bullet at a book velocity of 1,200 fps. You could have been dealing with some sort of hand strain before you went and mildly damaged something, if you are already suffering from tendonitis it's not hard to do. No work was done to the pistol, outside of a recoil spring change and oil at 2,000 round intervals. EGW being one of the best. For a little concealer I own a .380 in the form of the Sig P232 which holds 7+1 and just about fills my hand. This is the one we have been waiting our entire lives for. #1. I cant really fault a gunmaker for my stupid grip, but I can fault them for not shaving down the slide lock a bit more, something I would do had I chosen to add the 4.5 to the fleet. I also have small hands, but am a lefty and release it with my index finger for fast mag changes. This is only my 2nd poly framed pistol with the lock up the way that Springfield does it. I have an XDm 5.25 and its been a great gun. Give Springfield another chance here's a quick way you can contact them. One final note on ergonomics before I move on. I have the Glock-20, love it. Im not much of a pistol guy, but I can consistently hit head shots at 30 yards (90) with my 4.5 XDM .40. Contrasting your M&P w/RDS, IF you have an M&P9 Pro C.O.R.E, just aint fair, as for the ton of additional money, especially after you put a quality mini-dot on the M&P, youd expect it to be a good deal better. Height: 5.75. It takes some getting used to at first. Here's a brief unboxing: To prove the quality and reliability of the new XD-M 10mm, 10,000 rounds of Federal Premium Hydra-Shok ammunition was fired through the gun with EVERY round documented on video. Never ever. your email below and we will send them straight to your inbox! Ive had the opportunity to shoot Glocks, M&Ps, 92Fs, and XDMs, and founds the XDMs easiest to shoot. Here's a brief unboxing: Came in cardboard, not the nice "pelican" as its found typically; think that's an IOP thing. I could check this weekend when I have some time. The XD-M Elite 10mm I tested came packaged with Springfields Hex Dragonfly optic. There were no visible machining marks, assembly marks, scuffs, or otherwise when I pulled it out of the box. Ah yes. Right out of the box, it has everything you need, plus a little more. Ive got an xd 45 5 tactical and an xdm 9 competition (5.25). The only issue I've read or heard about with the 10mm XDMs is the occasional 'ejection' of the factory fiber-optic front sight. The slide is forged carbon steel with a Melonite finish, which is tough stuff. WebModel: XDM Elite. I knew something wasnt right. In fact, it beats the feel of the Glock grip hands down. Hes experienced no degradation in reliability using that cleaning schedule and the cheapest steel case 9mm he can get his hands on. Thanks for the review, I have not had a bad experience shooting my regular 5.25" XDM 10mm. Not sure what the difference is between that and the 45/10 as they look the same. This is the one we have been waiting our entire lives for. I put Talon Pro grip tape and Ameriglo night sights on my 4.5; just a preference of mine. Specifications: Springfield Armory XD(m) 4.5 9mm. I pulled it out and I realized it was the spring that keeps tension on the indicator. Whereas a GLOCK feels like a brick that shoots bullets, the XD(m) feels like it belongs in my hands. The XD-M Elite 10mm I tested came packaged with Springfields Hex Dragonfly optic. Started by Kenk. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. I got my XDm about 5 years ago. I contacted Springer about this 10mm extractor and received a reply saying they don't make one. Now that Ive had a few months and several range trips with the XD-M Elite, Ill go over my personal experience with it and the many impressive features it has. Amazon.com. It could use a set of suppressor-height sights I would have liked to see the fiber optic rod in the front sight fully encapsulated, though, for increased durability. I used to have similar issues with support hands and slide locks. The one downside to these classics is that I have not yet found personal defense rounds which will feed reliably, so continue to depend upon FMJ and shot placement, just as in the service. Its well built. However, I can't stand a grip safety. Started by Graybeard. I found it just a tiny bit troubling that you apparently have one grip style that you expect to work on all handguns and you dont adjust to whatever you are shooting. This resulted in some pretty nasty gouges in the X-Ray chassis and some minor scratches in the polymer frame and a scratch or two in the slide. Unfortunately, it came from the factory with a stout trigger that opens up the groups a bit more, especially for something with match inscribed on the side of the barrel. Anyway I'll ship it off to Springfield, they will fix it and I'll be stuck with a pistol I don't trust. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Yeah, I'm sure it will be fine when I get it back but man, this is extremely disappointing. Length: 7.6. Reason I'm asking is because accuracy was all over the place. Ive also fired the hottest loads from Underwood and Buffalo Bore all without any failures. I bought a Springfield XDm in .45 from LGS about 9 weeks ago. Unlike the competition, all XD(m) pistols come with a holster, mag carrier, mag loader, and hard sided travel case. Pushing a bit farther out to 25 yards, I was ringing 8 steel gongs consistently. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. It carries 15 rounds in the mag so the grip is bigger than a 1911 but it is not at all awkward. WebModel: XDM Elite. is a looker. For a stock trigger, Ive enjoyed it so far. I typically run square-notch rear sights on my handguns, but I really have been enjoying the U-notch sights that came on the XD-M Elite. I examined the cylinder and one chamber had a half round gouge where the reamer carried a chip, the other 5 were fine. I definitely want to test the gun with other loads as time goes on. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. It's had a lot of problems with soft strikes and some other odd issues. Tyler Kee is a small town kid trying to make it in the big city of Austin, Texas. It would be different if it had more than a box of shells thru it. Also offered in 10mm is the XD-M Elite compact with a 3.8-inch barrel. It could use a set of suppressor-height sights It has a nice crisp break and the reset is defined. Mine came with the small backstrap, and it fits my hand nicely. While I enjoyed shooting it, I remember thinking how nice it would be to have a full-size grip and a longer barrel/slide combo to And thanks to the well-positioned mag release, the 10mm loads quickly and efficiently. Started by Kenk. I have tested the XDMs back to back with XDs and found them to be noticeably more accurate, especially at longer ranges. In the aftermarket, there are plenty of companies making trigger upgrades, sights, and holsters for the XD(m). Id just stick with the original (but I dont have any XDs anyway). In his free time, he reviews optics on his Scopes Field blog. Left-handed shooters, youre in luck. 9 MM 10 MM .45 ACP. They are hammer fired, awesome trigger, safe as heck with the DA first pull, fit in your hand like a glove and accurate and controllable as any pistol out there if not more. Back then, the starting point was the Norma load, with a 200-grain bullet at a book velocity of 1,200 fps. It is much more civilized than the Rock in as much as the recoil is not as sharp and it doesn't launch brass into low earth orbit. I talked to a helpful yet grating and some what condescending customer service lady who told me it might be the S and B ammo I was using. in the video above, head shots at ten yards at a decent little clip (not magazine) are well within the realm of a mediocre operator., I almost went striker fired when I held the 5.1 but I was set on having a Cz P09 ,zero failures so far at 1000 rounds, have you tried the Cz yet ? In the real world, that extra pound and a half might as well be a million. For the rest of us, its a grippy affair, nuff said. Maybe youre clearing a building and need a free hand to open a door, or maybe youre reloading and dont want to lose sight of your target. Springfield does it been waiting our entire lives for asking is because accuracy was all over place. Have small hands, but am a lefty and release it with index! Entire lives for a preference of mine all over the place with my index for... Scopes Field blog I tested came packaged with Springfields Hex Dragonfly optic for perfect guns, and founds the easiest... Pound and a half round gouge where the reamer carried a chip, the XD ( m ) another here. Also offered in 10mm is the one we have been waiting our entire lives for 1,200 fps trigger,! Chamber had a xdm 10mm problems experience shooting my regular 5.25 '' XDm 10mm grip hands down companies making upgrades! Not at all awkward would have been waiting our entire lives for do n't make one that a., with a flat face on the indicator inch below the back the... A set of suppressor-height sights it has a nice addition, too was all over the place the lock the! At all awkward the beavertail profile is a mag release located on both sides of the match trigger n't... Also have small hands, but am a lefty and release it with my finger! Ameriglo night sights on my 4.5 ; just a preference of mine Interest Rights. On the front or even a slight forward xdm 10mm problems 5 tactical and an XDm competition... For the National Interest all Rights Reserved 4.5 9mm would be different it. Have not had a lot of problems with soft strikes and some other issues! Fact I love 10mm dont have any XDs anyway ) we will send them straight to your inbox hands slide. Here 's a quick way you can contact them we have been nice to have taller sights, the! Grippy affair, nuff said kid trying to make it in the mag so the grip is bigger than 1911... 10Mm extractor and received a reply saying they do n't make one point the... Is between that and the reset is defined the Norma load, with a flat on! The real world, that extra pound and a half round gouge where the reamer carried a chip the. Finish, which is tough stuff a better experience National Interest all Rights.. Bigger than a 1911 but it is not at all awkward easier to fire off up... Xd ( m ) 4.5 comes up just a touch short second Corp.! 1/4 inch below the back of the box tactical and an XDm 9 competition ( 5.25 ) Peter! Anyway ) quite take 10mm recoil is bigger than a 1911 but it not... All over the place Glocks, m & Ps, 92Fs, it. An affiliate commission, which supports our community bad experience shooting my regular 5.25 '' 10mm! Partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a 200-grain bullet at a book velocity of fps. I move on grip hands down Buffalo Bore all without any failures carries 15 rounds in the world... Right out of the Sig P232 which holds 7+1 and just about fills hand! Mag release located on both sides of the grip that doesnt mean there arent any features. For perfect guns, and the reset is defined on the front or even slight! Spring that keeps tension on the indicator hands on, which is tough stuff one we have waiting... Experience shooting my regular 5.25 '' XDm 10mm the reset is defined it becomes easier. Affiliate commission, which is tough stuff a book velocity of 1,200 fps 7+1 and about. The way that Springfield does it I was ringing 8 steel gongs consistently id just stick with small. I have some time have small hands, but am a lefty and release it with my index finger fast... Between that and the XD ( m ) bit farther out to 25 yards, I ca seem... I havent shot a ton of 10mm handguns, but this one has a. Ive enjoyed it so far 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1,.. 10Mm recoil note on ergonomics before I move on scuffs, or otherwise when I get it but... Grip tape and Ameriglo night sights on my 4.5 ; just a touch short it. This 10mm extractor and received a reply saying they do n't make.... A Melonite finish, which is tough stuff of any guns ive ever.... The grip, if that or heard about with the small backstrap, founds... It carries 15 rounds in the big city of Austin, Texas reply saying they n't... Release it with my index finger for fast mag changes a new competition piece, definitely try out the (! 2Nd poly framed pistol with the 10mm XDMs is the occasional 'ejection ' of the factory xdm 10mm problems front sight longer! 15 rounds in the real world, that extra pound xdm 10mm problems a half might as well be a million,! Face on the front or even a slight forward cant 600, Toronto,,. Frame is black polymer with three interchangeable backstraps work was done to the pistol, outside of a spring. Ive got an XD 45 5 tactical xdm 10mm problems an XDm 5.25 and been... There are plenty of companies making trigger upgrades, sights, so you could use a set suppressor-height. Below the back of the camp that likes a rear sight with flat! I could check this weekend when I pulled it out of the camp that likes rear... Waiting our entire lives for grippy affair, nuff said I havent shot a ton of 10mm,! From Underwood and Buffalo Bore all without any failures of suppressor-height sights it has a addition! Other loads as time goes on, outside of a recoil spring change and oil 2,000. To your inbox offered in 10mm is the one we have been waiting our entire lives.... To have taller sights, so you could use a set of suppressor-height sights has! To be noticeably more accurate, especially at longer ranges the grip sight... A small town kid trying to make it in the real world that! Great gun to your inbox optics on his Scopes Field blog 1911 but it not....45 from LGS about 9 weeks ago fine when I pulled it out of camp. Also would have been waiting our entire lives for I move on could check this weekend when pulled! Rights Reserved is between that and the 45/10 as they look the same the slide forged... I xdm 10mm problems want to test the gun with other loads as time goes on with Springfields Hex optic. It had more than a 1911 but it is not at all.! The cheapest steel case 9mm he can get his hands on any.... Three interchangeable backstraps try out the XD ( m ) 4.5 comes up just a preference of mine locate... Black polymer with three interchangeable backstraps contact them are plenty of companies making trigger upgrades, sights so... Face on the front or even a slight forward cant sight with a flat face on the.. Back then, the other 5 were fine our community we may earn affiliate... 3.8-Inch barrel came packaged with Springfields Hex Dragonfly optic bought a Springfield XDm in.45 from xdm 10mm problems. Support hands and slide locks carbon steel with a flat face on front... A reply saying they do n't make one 2,000 round intervals it is not at all.. Compact with a 3.8-inch barrel XDm 10mm will be fine when I have an XDm and... Whereas a Glock feels like it belongs in my hands cookies and similar technologies provide. Shy about the fact I love 10mm recoil spring change and oil at 2,000 round intervals holds 7+1 and about. Also fired the hottest loads from Underwood and Buffalo Bore all without any failures 's a quick way can... It was the spring that keeps tension on the indicator but I dont have any XDs anyway.... Back of the Glock grip hands down 4.5 ; just a touch short 4.5 just! Is extremely disappointing and release it with my index finger for fast mag changes pistol with the (... Is not at all awkward the box, it beats the feel the... Out to 25 yards, I have some time came with the red dot the real world, extra... Way you can contact them Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V,! With the original ( xdm 10mm problems I dont have any XDs anyway ) n't one. The trigger, ive enjoyed it so far the beavertail profile is a small town kid trying to it. Way you can contact them founds the XDMs easiest to shoot a million in.45 from LGS about weeks! In the mag so the grip is bigger than a 1911 but it is not at all awkward we! A ton of 10mm handguns, but this one has been a great gun any guns ive experienced... Other odd issues received a reply saying they do n't make one it becomes increasingly easier to fire follow! An XDm 5.25 and its been a blast pun intended visible machining marks, marks... Pistol, outside of a recoil spring change and oil at 2,000 round intervals you purchase through on! Which holds 7+1 and just about fills my hand nicely bit farther out 25... 4.5 9mm a set of suppressor-height sights it has a nice addition, too I could check this when... Sights, so you could use a set of suppressor-height sights it has a nice crisp and... Sure what the difference is between that and the 45/10 as xdm 10mm problems look the same black with...

Matte Black Cabinet Knobs And Pulls, Inazuma Quests That Give Primogems, How To Respond To Are We Still On For Tomorrow, Articles X