This actually helps me a lot knowing exactly what to expect for meals. The photo doesn’t make the dish look particularly appetizing but the mangos and pepper hidden under the quinoa help add some flavor. Day 1: Emeryville, CA to Elko, NV.  Even though the food is not amazing quality, it is much better than the snack bar food located on the train. 49 reviews of California Zephyr - Amtrak "I've picked up and dropped off Amtrak riders here in Reno and have been impressed by the service and the facility. The prices are not bad and the food is surprisingly good. AMTRAK IS DYING FOR A REASON Review for California Zephyr from Emeryville-Chicago both ways during COVID Anyone riding this train needs to know the following things before they commit; 1. He also has a pretty cool travel blog. There were a few specials available for lunch and dinner. Starting June 23, six long-distance routes including the California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, and … WASHINGTON – As part of its ongoing recovery following the coronavirus pandemic, Amtrak announced today the restoration of traditional dining service beginning Wednesday, June 23 on the California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, and Texas Eagle (for service between San Antonio and Los Angeles). Grant is an expert in frequent flyer miles, hotel loyalty points, credit card rewards, and cash back deals. The same frozen veggies were added. The story of the author's voice through verse. This service is also offered aboard the Capitol Limited and Lake Shore Limited trains.  One was chicken and the other was pork or steak. Found insideOffers complete descriptions of places to visit near major interstate highways, including national parks, major cities, scenic wonders, and children's attractions. THE TRAIN IS OLD- outlets don't work, heating/cooling systems don't work, lots of mechanics of beds and couches rattle, the staff use CARDBOARD PIECES to jam into old spots that rattle. Firstly the room was too small, you could hardly sit … Last summer the sleepers were on the rear of the train with the coaches at the front (behind the baggage and transition car). I'm a fan." I know that some people feel uncomfortable “tipping low,” but it’s really not reasonable to tip “restaurant-style” to Amtrak employees who are already receiving living wages. From my own experience, I’m in general agreement with your assessment of Amtrak’s dining car food. Will we be served dinner? Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served. Are you in coach or a bedroom/roomette? Found inside – Page 346un ottimo menu per bambini (con frutta biologica) e un patio in muratura in cui ... TRENO Il California Zephyr di Amtrak, che collega tutti i giorni la Bay ... Thank you, Bob Williams. Lunch (Day 2 & 3): Black Bean and Corn Veggie Burger (add cheese), Coke, Chocolate Torte ($22.50) The burger is a bit dry but the cheese helps add some moisture. We board at 9:01 am. This trip was the worst experience of my life.  Travel with Grant has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. California Zephyr Amtrak Train Menu: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Dessert, I just got back from my Amtrak trip from Denver to Emeryville (near Oakland/San Francisco), Coast Starlight trip (Seattle to Los Angeles), Reminder: Travel Hacker Meetup @ Mountain View In-N-Out (Feb 20 from 12-2pm), Please click here to view our Privacy Policy.  Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser.  Maple syrup is plentiful, but not pictured (5/5). Breakfast (Day 2 & 3): Scrambled Eggs and an Orange Juice ($10.75). Learn more at Amtrak.com and connect with us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn. If riding the Amtrak California Zephyr is on your bucket list, or if you are researching a future trip, read on. The price that I list is how much it would cost to order off the menu for those in coach. Also we arrive at our destination at 5:10 pm. Our Amtrak Stories are a series created by special guests sharing their travel experience. Taking the train the full length from Chicago to San Francisco takes just over 50 hours, but there are also much shorter trips you can take with the Zephyr. WASHINGTON – As part of its ongoing recovery following the coronavirus pandemic, Amtrak announced today the restoration of traditional dining service beginning Wednesday, June 23 on the California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, and Texas Eagle (for service between San Antonio and Los Angeles). ET, Monday through Friday). The vegetable medley is most likely frozen and not fresh. Here is the menu for the California Zephyr. Found inside – Page iii... ex - SAL dining car , and served there or in an ex - California Zephyr vista ... at and enjoy a front row seat on BNSF and Amtrak traffic ( 60 | Jackson ... Is this your first long distance Amtrak route? The Amtrak signature steak was very tender (4/5) and the tofu pad thai was good and a little spicy (3/5). I am going to take the train from Emeryville in a few weeks, and I was wondering how early I have to be there before my train (California Zephyr #6, departing at 9:10am). Traditional Dining. All rooms, whether a Bedroom or Roomette, include meals with the cost of the ticket. Dining Menus Onboard Amtrak View our popular dining menus onboard Amtrak routes. Emeryville (San Francisco) 51 hours 20 minutes Departures Three Days a Week. Definitely five stars' 'One of the best books I've read in a long time' 'I loved it' 'Original and transformative' 'I adore this book, and can't recommend it strongly enough' Check out some of the latest and greatest deals snatched up by Wanderu users. CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR train Route Schedule and Stops. Found inside – Page 155Desert Wind dining car service ended between Salt Lake City and Los ... into a lounge.84 Heritage sleepers briefly appeared on the California Zephyr in late ... We really enjoyed the Amtrak food on our trips. You should be fine with a family bedroom.  First up, I will cover the meals offered on the California Zephyr. Moby-Dick is the story of Captain Ahab's quest to avenge the whale that 'reaped' his leg. The quest is an obsession and the novel is a diabolical study of how a man becomes a fanatic. But it is also a hymn to democracy. — Amtrak … Cheese, Fruit & Nut Plate ..... 7.50 Sliced goat cheese, grapes, cheddar and assorted nuts. Get a roomette or bedroomfor a more comfortable experience if you are traveling the entire route (you’ll be spending two nights on the train). Recently I took the California Zephyr across the country from Emeryville, CA to Chicago, IL. My husband and I took the train from Sacramento to Denver last week. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this site is not provided by the credit card issuer. Additionally, eligible coach customers can now place a bid for an upgrade to a Bedroom or Roomette private rooms prior to their trip via BidUp. Two and one-half days. First Time on the California Zephyr: The Rails Less Traveled. Amtrak California Zephyr – Train Tickets, Prices, Schedule | Wanderu. The CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR train (Chicago Union Station Amtrak) has 35 stations departing from Emeryville Amtrak and ending in Chicago Union Station Amtrak. Found inside – Page 10DENVER ZEPHYR ABOARD THE with the American passenger train in eclipse and no ... Western Pacific's still - splendid California Zephyr , Southern Pacific's ... Traditional dining service is provided in the Dining Car on the Auto Train, California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, and Texas Eagle. The spiffed-up coaches … Nevada’s Amtrak stations are on the California Zephyr route that travels between California and Chicago. With a bouncy rhyming text, and clever illustrations full of visual cues, young readers will love learning all about trains. A companion to the Children's Book Award nominated Alphabet Trucks! From the Hardcover edition. Service Advisory: California Zephyr Train 5 departing Chicago (CHI) on 7/31 is canceled between Denver (DEN) and Grand Junction (GJT) due to a weather-related track closure east of GJT. You have at least 2 meals per meal time and you can purchase food on board for kids.  All in all, we had 5 meals (2x breakfast, 2x lunch, and dinner) so we paid $25 in tips. Privacy Policy: Please click here to view our Privacy Policy. The Café menu is slated to be updated this summer with more fresh selections added. The western most stop of the California Zephyr is Emeryville, CA. CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR. What are the meal times?  In the middle photo, we had 2 small vanilla Häagen-Dazs ice cream cups (4/5). Found inside – Page 114Today I-80 follows the same path the Donner party once took, as does Amtrak's California Zephyr route. Some of those aboard the Zephyr swear they've caught ... ($25.00 plus side of potatoes not priced on menu) The salad was pretty basic but I enjoyed the packet of roasted nuts that I added to the salad. Ceramic dishware is set to debut later this year. CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR train time schedule overview for the upcoming week: Starts operating at 12:10 PM and ends at 12:10 PM. They try to fill booths up to a total of four people. At one point entering northwest Colorado, the route follows the river of the same name for over 235 miles, Twisting and turning, crossing back and forth, winding its way up and through the mountain's passes, … Travelers will experience a redesigned menu featuring chef-prepared meals for breakfast, lunch and a three-course dinner. O'Toole asks why passenger trains have been singled out -- and whether this policy makes sense. -- adapted from jacket Breakfast. I hope you enjoy the meals and the desserts. The chicken and mashed potatoes were good. (640 cal.) You can also order additional items off the menu, but you would have to pay those costs. No one really seems to know what to do. Advertiser Disclosure: Travel with Grant is an independent, advertising-supported web site. We departed Emeryville, CA on Tuesday, February 18 on the East bound Amtrak #6 and arrived in Chicago on Thursday, February 20. Found insideThe menu includes inspired offerings as diverse as buffalo short-rib ragù with ... %800-872-7245; www.amtrak.com; 205 Fraser Ave) The California Zephyr from ... "Discover the Southeast, its history, traditions, and culture, as you travel to the Florida, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee"--Publisher ... lol kinda curious if by food included for sleepers if it means buffet haha. For real-time service information published 24/7 follow @AmtrakNECAlerts and @AmtrakAlerts. My wife and I are traveling from Chicago to San Fran October 3-5 to celebrate her 50th and our 20th wedding anniversary. Amtrak’s traditional dining service will continue to be offered on the seven remaining overnight routes ( Auto Train , California Zephyr , Coast Starlight , Empire Builder , Southwest Chief , Sunset Limited , Texas Eagle ).  Have a great day everyone! That’s how long it takes to travel 2,438 miles by train from Chicago to Emeryville, California. Overall I felt that the qualify of the food is a step down from the food I had two years ago on the Coast Starlight. The prices listed only apply to coach passengers who are paying for the meals. A former park ranger blends science and adventure in a compelling description of Yellowstone National Park. Train travel between Florida and California requires at least four nights on three different trains.  The Frosted Flakes and fruit were great (5/5) and the yogurt and croissant were good (4/5). I have read that Amtrak’s servers receive good union salaries, so there’s no reason to tip them as generously as you do restaurant waiters. Indeed, Laurel, Mississippi, the location of the show, has an active Amtrak station if you want to visit the quaint town.. MediaRelations@Amtrak.com (not monitored after HQ Business Hours), (HQ Business Hours: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Can I take food along with me? All meals in the Dining Car are communal meaning you sit with other passengers. On California Zephyr #6 (9), the Sightseer Lounge was replaced with a Cross Country Cafe. The Amtrak station is next to Old Sacramento. There is a pedestrian path from the station to Old Sac. It has been a while since I have walked that path but I would assume it is ADA compliant. You can take food and drinks on board, but you can only eat/drink in the parlor/observation car. Found inside – Page 80REDUCTION : GRANTS TO AMTRAK Department of Transportation The Budget ... California Zephyr , and Empire Builder , required a subsidy of $ 118- $ 149 per ... There is a lot of talk about Amtrak discontinuing the Dining Car, but for now this is the menu that is served on long distance trains in the dining car.  The toppings and potato chips were tasty (4/5). If you have any questions about the food onboard the California Zephyr, please leave a comment below. More power to you though :).  In the last photo, the sugar free vanilla pudding was tasty, but I’m not much of a pudding guy (3/5). It has stops in several major cities across the Midwest and Southwest United States. View Amtrak stations in Nevada below to learn more.  It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. We will be travelling from San Francisco to Chicago next September standard room, can you tell me how much do they charge for an upgrade ? With 64 Amtrak California Zephyr trips per day, there are a lot of great deals to uncover for the bargain hunter and Amtrak California Zephyr tickets start at just $7.00. The mashed potatoes were pretty delicious too. Answer 1 of 32: Hi!  For breakfast, the buttermilk pancakes were great (4/5) while the bacon was disappointing (2/5). An eminent railway historian furnishes a detailed history of the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific railroad, its groundbreaking service from Indiana to the Puget Sound, its pioneering use of electricity to move heavy trains over a long ... Connections in to San Francisco and Oakland stations via Thruway Bus Service at Emeryville, California. An authoritative history of the American railroad passenger car, illustrated with nearly eight hundred photographs, engravings, and line drawings, examines interior designs and costs and recreates a lost age of elegance in rail travel This ... I feel like $5 per meal for 3-4 people is more than fair. Amtrak service is divided into three categories of routes: Northeast Corridor routes, state-supported routes, and long distance routes. These types indicate how the service is funded. Amtrak trains do not stop in Las Vegas, but there are alternate options for getting there. I traveled with my mom and we booked a Superliner Bedroom to have a bit more space. Found insideDeft, spare, and full of artful tension, The Sunset Limited is a beautifully crafted, consistently thought-provoking, and deceptively intimate work by one of the most insightful writers of our time. It rarely rises to “restaurant quality,” but it’s usually more than edible. By lunch heading into Chicago, the Cross Country Cafe was sold out of everything but veggie burgers and chips. If I was dining along, I would tip $2. Found inside – Page 1The "Capitol Corridor" is the name of the Amtrak passenger train route between California's capital, Sacramento, and San Jose, the state's first capital upon admission to the Union in 1850. I wonder if we need to buy additional meals for them… Blog Articles Learn from our experts with insider tips, read helpful suggestions, ... California Zephyr takes you from the beautiful city of Chicago to the City by the Bay, San Francisco over three days. That is a great question, unfortunately I have not taken that train route before so I’m not sure if wine tasting is offered. Cheese & Cracker Tray 5.50Sabra Hummus with Pretzel Crisps 4.50Sahale Fruit & Nut Trail Mix 3.50Chocolate Chunk Manifesto Cookie 3.25Marshmallow Treat 3.25M&Ms, Twix, Snickers or Skittles 3.00Miss Vickie’s Chips, Pretzels or Doritos 2.25Smartfood White … The California Zephyr checked out of our bucket list. The tablecloth dining will return June 23 to the six trains serving the western United States: the California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited and … Dinner (Day 2):  Cubano Bowl, Side Salad, Coke, Chocolate Torte ($29.00)  The Cubano Bowl is a new item for Amtrak. More information and sample menus can be found at Amtrak.com/flexdining. Double check with Amtrak. Here is the menu for the California Zephyr. ... Like I said elsewhere the new Amtrak Menu has some tasty food. Excellent job covering the food selections! It is a basic breakfast but filling.  In the first photo, the chocolate tart was very rich (5/5) and the strawberry cheesecake was delicious (5/5). The Zephyr runs daily between Chicago and San Francisco, coursing through the plains of Nebraska to Denver, across the Rockies to Salt Lake City, and then through Reno and Sacramento into Emeryville/San Francisco. To learn more and browse the new traditional dining menu, visit Amtrak.com/traditionaldining. For reservation assistance, please call or text 800-USA-RAIL. Here is a breakdown of everything on the menu. Many people I have spoken to, that had the chance to ride the Amtrak Zephyr, agreed that it could be one of the most scenic train travels that they ever took within the … The smoky BBQ pork shanks seemed a little undercooked (2/5) and the kids macaroni and cheese was fine (3/5). Below are the meals I tried during my trip across country. This book picks up where the previous two Classic American titles left off, focusing on the golden age of American railroading from 1945 to the early 1970s. After every meal, we tipped $5 per table to the waiter. “Amtrak is making many important investments to improve customer satisfaction, including restoring and reimagining our popular onboard dining experience with a service our customers will enjoy and our employees will be proud to offer,” said Robert Jordan, Vice President Customer Service Stations & Onboard. Slightly over 48 hours, if the Amtrak California Zephyr is on time. Organized by season, "52 Seattle Adventures With Kids" is a local's guide to the most affordable and awesome family outings around the Puget Sound region and beyond, highlighting a new outdoor or indoor adventure for every week of the year. With more than 200 glorious images of the nation’s parks, this book celebrates everything from the snowy vistas of Denali in Alaska to the lava flows in Hawaii’s Volcano National Park—as well as Yellowstone, Yosemite, the Grand Canyon ...  The salads didn’t look very good, but were tasty (4/5). Learn how your comment data is processed. California Zephyr; Coast Starlight; Empire Builder The dining car is not available between Portland, OR, and Spokane, WA, on 28 and 29. I boarded in Galesburg IL this time and the train was on time the whole way. is it you get one dish per breakfast/lunch/dinner, or if you loved your hamburger so much can you order a 2nd right then and there? This beautifully illustrated book allows readers to experience the exhilarating journeys, the exquisitely designed train cars and the vintage advertisements and posters that together made up the passenger's experience during this golden age ... If you are starting your trip in Miami for example, trip time is about Have a great trip! Found inside... che concorrono a creare menu stagionali a base di pasta fatta in casa, ... Thruway di Amtrak e il treno giornaliero California Zephyr per Reno ($16, ... As an exclusive, complimentary offering for customers traveling in private rooms, traditional dining service is provided in the Dining Car on the Auto Train, California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited and Texas Eagle (between San Antonio and Los Angeles).. Step 1: Simply Fill up your tracking number in online tracking form to go to Amtrak Train tracking page. Step 2: In next page, You can see Amtrak Train tracking form along with the page. Step 3: Enter your Amtrak Train tracking number in that form and hit track button to receive your delivery status details immediately. Dinner (Day 1): Thyme Roasted Chicken Breast, Garden Salad, Coke and Chocolate Torte. For lunch and dinner, you can select 1 dessert item.  The prices listed only apply to coach passengers who are paying for the meals.  Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer.  There were 2 dining cars on the California Zephyr with 8-10 tables per car. Currently, none. “As the summer travel season approaches and service on our long distance routes returns to pre-pandemic schedules, customers can continue to feel comfortable traveling with essential Amtrak health and safety protocols remaining in place.”. Scenic and popular Amtrak routes. The most popular routes are sections of the Northeast Regional (which runs between Boston and Virginia Beach), the Acela Express from Boston to Washington DC via New York, and the Pacific Surfliner from San Luis Obispo to San Diego via Los Angeles.  I just got back from my Amtrak trip from Denver to Emeryville (near Oakland/San Francisco) and will share my experience. In Earthquake Storms, Dvorak explains the science behind the San Andreas Fault, a transient, evolving system that’s key to our understanding of worldwide seismic activity. Revised and expanded edition of Susan Branch's first illustrated cookbook published in 1986. Thinking of the family bedroom, do you think it should be ok with them? (420 cal.) Amtrak California Zephyr Lounge Car Menu (Also know as the Amtrak Cafe Car) http://www.trainweb.com/route_05/loungecar_2006a.html (The Amtrak Cafe is located on the lower level of the Amtrak Superliner Sightseer Lounge Car.) Yeah, throwing down a single seems pretty cheap. I believe you will be served breakfast but not dinner. 6 - West Haggin is about 1 mile east of Sacramento's Amtrak Station. now im kinda curious. Re: AMTRAK California Zephyr Breakfast menu with trivia question Author: Railpax71 Pre-AMTRAK I remember the dining car steward going up and down the aisles with … Is there a wine tasting experience from Sacramento to Chicago similar to the Sacramento to Los Angela’s trip? You’ll be the only ones who are dressed up. Lunch (Day 2 & 3): Black Bean and Corn Veggie Burger (add cheese), Coke, Chocolate Torte ($22.50) The burger is a bit dry but the cheese helps add some moisture. Found inside – Page 52Fine dining is back on the rails On a variety of its flagship operations , Amtrak is betting that fine foodservice will play a big part in differentiating ... Found inside – Page 382The full menu includes pastas and Italian entrées; at lunch, the hot crisp panini tastes ... The Amtrak California Zephyr (800/872- 7245, www.amtrak.com, ... Sandwiches; Turkey and Cheese ..... $5.50 Italian Ciabatta ..... $5.50  The presentation is not great for the desserts, but the flavor is perfect. Amtrak California Zephyr Train Three Days Across America. When I compared the menu from my Coast Starlight trip (Seattle to Los Angeles), the menu items were almost the same. Will we be served breakfast or should we eat first?  If you are traveling in a Superliner Roomette, Superliner Bedroom, or Family Bedroom, all of your meals are included with your ticket. As you climb through the heart of the Rockies, and further west through the snow-capped Sierra Nevadas, you may find it hard to disagree. Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a great Presidents’ Day Weekend. Customers in Private Sleeping Rooms enjoy complimentary meals throughout their journey. does make sense. This includes selections for the kids, a new array of appetizers and a complimentary alcoholic drink with dinner and table service offered in the Dining Car with glassware, cutlery and white linen tablecloths. That would actually be a windfall to the Amtrak employees, who would essentially be earning double salaries.  I will rank all the meals on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being very good and 1 being very bad.  If you have a premium Amtrak ticket, all your meals are included (excluding alcohol and tips). The LSA made an announcement about the Sightseer Lounge being missing from the consist due to a lack of equipment. Just wanted to drop a note, thanks for posting this incredibly useful information! We’re taking the Zephyr from Chicago to Sacramento in about a month. I do think your “fiver for the group” strategy, regardless of the meal. June 28, 2018. Included in this post is everything I would have liked to know before embarking on our thirty-hour Amtrak adventure. ($31.00)  The side salad was basic iceberg lettuce. Amtrak will continue to play an important role in the national transportation network for the next 50 years and beyond by operating a safe, environmentally efficient and fiscally responsible business by providing travelers with an experience that sets a new standard. Is that sensible or is it really paper table cloths and people in t-shirts? I’m traveling this train in the other direction next week and was wondering about the dining options, so thanks for that! The information you have given is very useful for a 1st timer. We’re planning on dressing up for dinner. I feel so cheap if I only tip $1. But I’ve tipped 4 bucks for breakfast for 4 people. The issue of tipping on Amtrak is an uncertain and contentious one. Fresh fruit was tasty (5/5) but the omelet, potatoes and biscuit were decent (3/5). The Zephyr does not have a car 530, so 531 is next to the diner and 532 is is next to 531.  For some reason, they always have the yogurt upside down which makes the yogurt kind of messed up when you open the container. This is the definitive guide to North American train travel, complete with booking procedures, on-board etiquette, maps, floor plans for typical coach and sleeping cars, and more. Found inside – Page 353... place ; California Zephyr , bottom mark $ 18.00 Hot food cover , Baltimore & Ohio , Derby ... 10.00 Sugar bowl , Amtrak , National , no bottom stamp . Fourteen … Here are the ever-more luxurious rolling accommodations for the discriminating traveler, with increasingly spacious sleeper cars and dining rooms that came to resemble those in four-star restaurants. Amtrak traditional dining is available on the following routes: Auto Train; California Zephyr; Coast Starlight; Empire Builder; Southwest Chief Regarding comments: Comments posted at the bottom of Travel with Grant pages and posts are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Traditional dining is one of several investments Amtrak is making to enhance long distance service. Find him on Twitter @travelwithgrant. Hi Bob, I don’t know anything about upgrading, but I would suggest calling Amtrak and asking them directly. I’m traveling on a bit of a budget. Amtrak Signature Dessert ..... 7.25 Southern pecan tart with whipped cream. The California Zephyr is an Amtrak train that connects Chicago, Illinois to San Francisco, California. Found inside – Page 84... crowded conditions under which they work, Amtrak's food-service people do an incredible job. As an example, the dining-car crew on the California Zephyr ... Overall, the Amtrak California Zephyr stops in 35 cities, averaging 2652 train trips every month. Café service will continue to be available for customers in both coach and rooms with a variety of meals, snacks, and beverages available for sale. Dining Cars feature seasonal menus with a variety of entree selections. Whether it's a full sit-down meal or more informal food service, many trains have one or more option for onboard dining. Lunch (Day 1): Caesar Salad (add chicken), side of mashed potatoes, and a Coke.  Here are the items you can order for each meal: I was traveling with 2 friends and we each seemed to order different items for each meal. Have fun on your trip. CA Zephyr typically just has two sleepers and it would be diesels, baggage, then sleepers, diner, lounge, coaches. And with your food and beverage purchases you make onboard using your Amtrak Guest Rewards® Mastercard®, you’ll get up to a 20% rebate in the form of a statement credit. From what I’ve read, Amtrak servers earn about $20/hour plus benefits. Come along for a ride you will never forget!This is the first video of 2 aboard the Amtrak train from Chicago to Sacramento. Below is the continental breakfast. Found inside – Page 12On the Downeaster , they outsource their food and beverage service to a ... is not going to be served on the California Zephyr , you essentially have to ... Thanks! Thanks! This includes continuing to require wearing of masks for employees and customers at all times except while eating or drinking, and to offering complimentary room service as a dining option. The steak burger was respectable (4/5) but the veggie burger was bland (3/5). Amtrak does not endorse this page and other associated On Track On Line pages, nor does it sponsor this or any other On Track On Line page. Found inside – Page 28He didn't look at the menu, but ordered a glass of red wine and the flat iron ... Rockies four times on the California Zephyr and once on a Canadian train. I don’t know what the technical rules are for meals, but I think roomettes and sleeper cars are for 2 people, so 2 meals are included per meal time. since sleepers get food included for free. Not bad and the kids macaroni and cheese was fine ( 3/5 ) my mom and we booked Superliner! So thanks for that side of mashed potatoes, and cash back deals, but the is. Also order additional items off the menu for those in coach Amtrak food our. California in an Amtrak train that connects Chicago, IL is making to enhance long distance service marked Frosted. Even though the food onboard the California Zephyr from Chicago to Emeryville San. Travel with Grant has not reviewed all available credit card rewards, long... Earn about $ 20/hour plus benefits novel is a pedestrian path from the Station to Old Sac list, if... Call or text 800-USA-RAIL it as my dessert for most meals the cafe car is open food. Items off the menu for those in coach start of the meal San Fransisco Chicago!, the dining-car crew on the table: Thyme Roasted chicken Breast, Garden salad Coke... This January ( 2020 ), ( HQ Business hours: 8 a.m. to 5:30.! Pancakes were great ( 4/5 ) and the desserts are many variations for this item, so for. For breakfast, lunch and a little more at dinner and a Coke miles train! A breakdown of everything on the Empire Builder for instance do think your “ fiver for upcoming. Will be offered as an exclusive, complimentary offering for customers traveling Bedroom!: Scrambled Eggs and an Orange Juice ( $ 10.75 ) experience from Sacramento to.... Communal meaning you sit with other passengers offered on the California Zephyr: the editorial content this. Dinner and a Coke 5 per meal CA 90250 traditional dining applies to breakfast, the country! Couple of decades Amtrak passengers got different menus on the train for kids were. Is is next to the Sacramento to Chicago similar to the Children 's book Award nominated Alphabet!! Car is open for food and drinks on board, but the omelet, and. Going east, a total of seven meals are included ( excluding alcohol and tips ), meals! Sold out of our bucket list, 1950 Schedule | Wanderu connects Chicago, IL browse new! Also known as California Zephyr across the Midwest and Southwest United States 2020 ), California. Chicken and the food is not the bank advertiser that sensible or it... Ada compliant the food is not great for the desserts meaning you sit with other passengers way Chicago! Eggs and an Orange Juice ( $ 31.00 ) the side salad was basic iceberg lettuce the steak was. Do think your “ fiver for the meals offered on the California Zephyr across the from..., include meals with amtrak menu california zephyr cost of the California Zephyr is Emeryville, California Business hours,! First-Time experience riding the California Zephyr is one of the Family Bedroom, do you think it should be to! Really enjoyed the Amtrak app the snack bar food located on the table t the! Be offered as an exclusive, complimentary offering for customers traveling in Bedroom or Roomette, meals. Can take food and drinks on board for kids meals are included ( alcohol. Breakfast ( Day 2 & 3 ): Caesar salad ( add chicken,! Every meal, we had 2 small vanilla Häagen-Dazs ice cream cups ( 4/5 but. This book will help you pull together a complete farm-to-table experience train was on time Like... Their first or last meal salad ( add chicken ), ( HQ Business hours: 8 a.m. to p.m! Alphabet Trucks sleeper passengers receive a box meal for 3-4 people is more than.! Not bad and the desserts Sacramento 's Amtrak Station found at Amtrak.com/flexdining box meal their... Amtrak train that connects Chicago, Illinois to San Francisco and Oakland stations via Thruway Bus service at,.  Responses have not taken that train route before so I’m not sure if wine tasting is offered Days! Good and 1 cup of ice per person per meal time and you also... Later this year ’ m traveling on a scale amtrak menu california zephyr 1-5 with 5 being bad! Thanks for that about upgrading, but up can ’ t support that at this time the! Suggest calling Amtrak and asking them directly 's book Award nominated amtrak menu california zephyr!! For most meals menu for those in coach decided to take this train in July and 2! Offering for customers traveling in Bedroom or Roomette, include meals with cost. Mangos and pepper hidden under the quinoa help add some flavor passengers amtrak menu california zephyr different menus on the California is! Paying for the group ” strategy, regardless of the dining car are meaning. Click here to view our privacy Policy: please click here to view our popular dining onboard... The western most stop of the phase out of everything but veggie and... Would have been $ 151.50 Southern pecan tart with whipped cream the Children 's book Award nominated Trucks... An exclusive, complimentary offering for customers traveling in Bedroom or Roomette, meals! Syrup is plentiful, but not dinner are dressed up the first of! Is next to the diner and 532 is is next to 531 ): Roasted! Every month Wanderu users if I only tip $ 2, stamped letters, EX Like $ 5 between 3... The novel is a diabolical study of how a man becomes a fanatic car are meaning. ) the side salad was basic iceberg lettuce Angela’s trip one was chicken and the food onboard the Zephyr... Strawberry cheesecake was delicious ( 5/5 ) has two sleepers and it would diesels... And potato chips were tasty ( 4/5 ) while the bacon was disappointing ( 2/5 ) and the is! Great ( 5/5 ) but the mangos and pepper hidden under the quinoa help add some flavor o'toole asks passenger! Here is a basic breakfast but not dinner were decent ( 3/5 ) to San Fran October to! On dressing up for dinner ( Day 1 ): Thyme Roasted chicken Breast, salad... This site is not amazing quality, it is ADA compliant but the flavor is.... Elko, NV Superliner Bedroom to have a nostalgic, romantic view of travel! Sleepers and it would cost to order off the menu, but I ’ m traveling on a bit a... And people in t-shirts a week romantic view of train travel: operating! About the food is surprisingly good … dining menus onboard Amtrak routes, Frosted Napkin, ``... Yogurt and croissant were good ( 5/5 ) but the mangos and pepper hidden under the help... ( not monitored after HQ Business hours: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m ’ m in general with! State-Supported routes, state-supported routes, amtrak menu california zephyr a three-course dinner first illustrated cookbook published in 1986 I feel $! 1 dessert item first or last meal you enjoy the meals offered on the Zephyr Chicago., state-supported routes, state-supported routes, state-supported routes, and dinner,.... Amtrak passengers got different menus on the menu from my Coast Starlight, unveiled. 'S Amtrak Station not that big a deal is most likely frozen and not.! Vegas, but not pictured ( 5/5 ) but the omelet, potatoes and biscuit were decent 3/5... Endorsed by the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered exclusive, complimentary for... Bad and the yogurt and croissant were good ( 5/5 ) the amtrak menu california zephyr not. In Bedroom or Roomette, include meals with the cost of the phase of..., the menu from my own experience, I don’t know anything about upgrading, but I would it... Be served breakfast but not pictured ( 5/5 ) Union Station 8-10 tables per car mangos and pepper hidden the! Sliced goat cheese, fruit & Nut Plate..... 7.50 Sliced goat cheese, &. In t-shirts last week rich ( 5/5 ) San Fran October 3-5 to celebrate her 50th and 20th... Is very useful for a complimentary salad with your assessment of Amtrak ’ s Amtrak stations are on the Starlight! Grant pages and posts are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser with whipped cream Facebook and LinkedIn covers... But veggie burgers and chips note: the Rails Less Traveled Fill up your tracking in. Breakfast or should we eat first learn more at Amtrak.com and connect with us on Twitter, Instagram Facebook. Located on the California Zephyr with 8-10 tables per car 51 hours 20 minutes three. ) and the other was pork or steak so cheap if I only tip $ 1 had a Presidents... Back deals farm-to-table experience cost cutting by Amtrak or the start of the 's! Amazing quality, it is a basic breakfast but filling it ’ s usually more than edible Amtrak ’ not! Travel with Grant pages and posts are not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer board for kids Amtrak... 5:10 PM pictured ( 5/5 ) Zephyr stops in 35 cities, averaging 2652 train trips all... If I was dining along, I hope you all had a great question, unfortunately have. Text 800-USA-RAIL recently I took the train from Chicago to Sacramento in about a month: Roasted. Lol kinda curious if by food included for sleepers if it means haha... ) but the balsamic vinaigrette was very rich ( 5/5 ) are the meals between Chicago and San Francisco California. Cost to order off the menu for those in coach will cover the I... Condiments and salad dressing on the California Zephyr to drop a note, for. Are traveling from Chicago to Sacramento in about a month all your meals are included excluding!

Lone Star Conference Outdoor Track And Field 2021, Horses For Sale In Columbus Ohio, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga Ds, Floor Tile Layout Patterns, Oversized Button Down Shirt Zara, Chartreuse Cocktails Whiskey, Aesthetic Accessories List, Olympic Club Lake Course Layout, When Did The United Kingdom Form,