What would you suggest? You’re bound to find more holiday decorations and atmosphere in more places there than in Page or the Grand Canyon. Visiting Page, AZ, in late November is great, as long as you’re aware of a couple of things: November is still a popular time to travel, so all lodging and guided tours must be booked in advance. The trail from the parking lot to Horseshoe Bend Overlook is .7 miles, 1 way. The Horseshoe Bend Overlook is located just a few miles South of Page, AZ, on US Highway 89. For an extra measure of peace of mind, however, there is a viewing platform with a safety fence available for your use. Sorry. As for weather, it’s cold. Good luck and safe travels, Hello there Tiffany! I’ve been reading through it and it is becoming very helpful with my plans! Found insideHorseshoe Bend ∙ After about a 3⁄4mile hike from the parking lot Painted Ladies ∙The wellknown Painted Ladies looklike small, colorful dollhouses. I know the perception about Page, AZ, right now is that “so much is closed,” when in reality, more is open and accessible than you might think! It is greatly appreciated. We have someone with knee and hip accessibility issues. Yes, you are correct, crowds at Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, and other local attractions will be cray-cray over Memorial Day Weekend. If that doesn’t appeal, the Rainbow Bridge Boat Tour is fun, too. Hi Jay, Alley . The thing to decide ASAP is whether to tour Upper Antelope Canyon (easy) or Lower Antelope Canyon (moderate). Alley , Hi Alley, Campers and RVs can camp in the parking lot. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place. – Grand Circle Tours, (928) 691-0166, http://www.vermilioncliffs.net Unlike other Antelope Canyon tours, we strictly limit the number of guests to ensure ample time to enjoy and photograph one of the most unique and magical places of the American Southwest. I’m planning a trip to Horseshoe Bend around the weekend of the 24th. If you’re not completely locked in to those 5 nights in Sedona, you might alter your schedule so that you can spend the night in Page. Alley . Alley , Hi Sarah, Will keep our fingers crossed for good weather. 1. RE: where to have a picnic lunch, you might consider the Page, AZ, city park, which is located in the downtown area behind the local Safeway store. Parking Lot Reopens, Parking Fees Implemented at Horseshoe Bend The Horseshoe Bend Overlook may be visited at any time, 24/7. ... baseball/softball field, four outdoor tennis courts, horseshoe pits, playground, picnic facilities and bike racks; Please call if you have any questions or need more information (541) 389-7665 (POOL). If you’re in an RV, be aware that your parking fee will probably be $35 instead of $10 for standard passenger vehicles. Good luck and safe travels, First I am 75 years old and a little unsteady on my feet and I have always suffered from Vertigo so with all that I don’t think the hike to the overlook will suit me. You wouldn’t come all this way and only see one of the Natural Beauties that Northern Arizona has to offer. Found inside – Page 1Horseshoe Bend National Military Park Route 1 , Box 103 Daviston ... from the parking lot where spaces are designated for visitors in wheelchairs . Check here to see what you need. Blanchard Springs Caverns is one of the most spectacular and carefully developed caves found anywhere in the world. Regarding shooting Horseshoe Bend at night, it can be done and has been done. By the way we will be there 1st week of October, do we need a jacket? Since we have antelope canyon tour which ends only after 5pm. The latter (passenger minimum) usually applies to air tours and boat tours, in other words, the “high dollar” items. Would it be a problem for them to visit and enjoy the trip and walking around Horseshoe Bend? C. Drive down to Lees Ferry, walk down to the river, and wade/swim at your own risk (the current tends to quicken quite dramatically in this area) The weather during the Christmas holiday week will be cold. Is there any way for us (4 people) to get to experience antelope canyon by any chance? – The “New” Wave and Radio Tower Rock Enjoy! Since I’m coming into Arizona from Utah, should we stay in/near Page first? The drive from Sedona typically takes around 3 hours. visit both Upper and Lower Antelope Canyon in the same day, https://www.raftthecanyon.com/raft-the-river/back-hauling-services/, https://www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/weightedlottery.htm, Parking Lot Reopens, Parking Fees Implemented at Horseshoe Bend, https://www.lakepowelllife.com/improvements-to-horseshoe-bend-advance-to-design-phase/, https://horseshoebend.com/see-horseshoe-bend-air/. Horseshoe bend and antelope canyon are our musts! Alley . Will I get any sort of view and perspective of the bend? Found inside... of Horseshoe Bend that ended the Creek Indian War in 1814. Start: North side of Overlook parking lot Distance: 2.5mile loop Hiking time: About 1.5 hours ... what can we do there? Found insideAn hour or so before sunset, the 1.5-mile hike from the parking lot off U.S. Route 89 ... for pictures of the Horseshoe Bend are among the most frequently ... Alley . Do you have any opinions regarding the difference in light in the lower canyon from morning to afternoon in October? Are there fees? https://youtu.be/VBeES4C0V34 Forgive my complete British ignoprance, but does Horseshoe Bend have water all year round, or does the river dry up in places? I’m not sure when you are planning to visit, but improvements to the Overlook are in the works that include an accessible trail. I’m planning to visit Horseshoe bend around Nov 20th. In any case, it’s bound to be on the cool side, so be sure to pack a few pieces of warmer clothing (jacket, gloves, etc.) If that’s the case, Page, AZ (gateway city for Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon) is about a 4.5 hour drive from Phoenix. – Practicing social distancing (stay at least 6′ away from other people) and avoid congregations of 10 or more people. Can you swim safely around the horseshoe? With kids that young in tow, remember that their endurance and safety should be the over-arching consideration in all your vacation plans. Worst case scenario, a late season snowstorm could blow through, and April is notorious for them. Antelope Canyon Open – Check Availabilty Antelope Canyon Just 7 Miles from Horseshoe Bend You wouldn’t come all this way and only see one of. Alley , I’m heading to Page in mid June and would like to know how busy Horseshoe bend will be? I was hoping to get some shots of the Milky Way at Horseshoe Bend, do you know if it’s typically visible during August (during a new moon)? It is, however, required to visit Antelope Canyon. Start monitoring Page, AZ, weather about 2 weeks before you get set to travel and that will give you the best idea of how and what to pack. We have a tour for lower Antilope at 10.15-11.15. You are welcome! Even with roughly 600 parking spaces, once it’s full, their policy is to stop letting people in for safety reasons. Lake Powell is the 2nd largest man-made lake in the U.S., and a top-rated destination for boating, fishing, and sightseeing. If there’s any consolation, improvements are underway that will eventually make the overlook ADA compliant. According to current estimates, the construction projects at Horseshoe Bend should be completed by then, so you should be able to go to the overlook in your own vehicle. I wish you would have seen this sooner: “Help! Hi AJ and thank you for your excellent question. Thanks again, Jenn, Hi Jenn, and thank you for visiting our site! Good luck and safe travels, What would be the best time to go this morning? This tour also includes round-trip transport from your Sedona hotel, lunch, a hike to Horseshoe Bend, and a … You should plan on spending at least 1 night in Page, AZ, but if you wish to spend more time in the area, other activities you might enjoy are: – The “New” Wave and Radio Tower Rock Horseback rides are another option, but they have some age restrictions, so may not be feasible for your family. Hope that helps. If you’re traveling during the peak summer season, both air AND ground temperatures are very hot. Planning a 30th birthday trip and was hoping we could bring the dogs on the trail! Definitely recommend bringing a jacket and gloves. My Antelope Canyon Tour Got Cancelled, walk across the bridge at the Glen Canyon Dam, the Chains, you might also enjoy the short hike to the Hanging Gardens area, Help! Again, this tour is only available from the South Rim. I am Priyanka I am from stcloud Minnesota we have a direct flight that goes to Arizona I want to go to horshoe bend it is one of my bucket list but the thing is I don’t drive and I don’t know what arrangements I have to do I would like to know how far is the drive from the city and basically is it possible to do a 3 day trip ? If you are visiting Horseshoe Bend with a dog, the solution during the temporary lot closure period is to come before the parking lot closes at 7:00 AM, or to visit after it re-opens at 7:00 PM. In either case, plan on staying overnight at the Grand Canyon. Find out why Antelope Slot Canyons have become the most photographed cayons in the world! Allow about 1 - 2 hours to see and appreciate the sites. They are on temporary hiatus due to COVID-19; suffice it to say we’re crossing fingers and toes that they will be back up and running by the time your family arrives! Thank you for visiting our site, and for your nice compliments. So, I am trying to gather some information about Horseshoe Bend. Alley . In late November, sunrise occurs at around 7:15 AM. Alley . There are a number of good hotels in the area, and an overnight visit would allow you to enjoy Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon at a more relaxed pace. Thanks. You run the risk of being turned away from the parking lot between the hours of 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Alley , Don’t listen to all the naysayers saying don’t shoot Horseshoe Bend in late afternoon. While a guided tour is not required to get to Peek-A-Boo, we strongly recommend that you take. You are just 7 Miles from Horseshoe Bend! Jannette, Hi Janette, She took one look at the trail and said “no way.” To get a visual, forward to the 3:40 mark on this video (it’s sped up, but gets the point across). Thank you for your question. Both Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon will be open the weekend of January 12th and 13th. You’ll have the time of your life. Temperatures are averaging in the low 50’s. So, a beautiful thank to you for your great effort and time to help us. Where in Page is this free viewing area, and is free parking available? October is a great time to visit Northern Arizona! (Because of my dress) Thanks so much!!! As for fees, there are none at present required to visit Horseshoe Bend. Hope that helps. Just don’t attempt to do so if lightning is present. Found inside – Page 13524 Horseshoe Bend Loop An easy walking trek, the Horseshoe Bend Nature ... side of Overlook parking lot Distance: 2.5-mile loop Hiking time: About 1.5 hours ... – Glen Canyon Dam/White House Overlook Do we need to get a tour? Alley. Have a great trip! During these busy times, should the parking lot fill to capacity, the entrance to the Horseshoe Bend parking lot will be closed. If the prospect of that doesn’t appeal to you, consider one of several alternate means of including Horseshoe Bend in your itinerary, such as flying over it, or utilizing a shuttle service provided by Horseshoe Bend Tours. In Page, AZ, you might want to bring a light jacket, depending on your comfort level. Found inside – Page 225RALPH STOVER STATE PARK High Rocks Vista High Rocks Vista is a sheer cliff ... of the horseshoe bend is located only about 100 yards from the parking lot ... There are lots of possibilities! – Kanab Tour Company, (435) 644-5525, http://www.kanabtourcompany.com It may not be the end of the world but some people say that you can see it from here! Alley, we will be there late August. Page, AZ, weather is quickly heating up! Page, AZ, weather The Glen Canyon Half Day Float trip, while still a worthwhile activity, would give you the perspective of seeing it from the river, not from above. If you can free up 2-3 more days to pull this all off, that would be much better. TYVM. – Hanging Garden Trail & The Chains Alley , Greetings! The drive from Durango, CO, to Page, AZ, would then take ~5-6 hours, longer if you were to take the short but scenic detour through Monument Valley. There are a number of steps you can do, including calling all the tour outfitters, checking all tour times, or consider touring an alternate slot canyon that is just as beautiful, but far less crowded. If you are visiting during the summer months, remember that the trail can be hot, so you should be prepared to put booties on them, and bring enough water for everyone! Agnes, Hi again, Agnes Alley , Hi Kaleigh, Good luck and happy travels, You’ll need to make reservations for lodging in advance of your arrival. Alley , Hello, we drive by car or motor bike to page in June. Another consideration: weather. Alley . i plan to take a visit down to Horseshoe Bend and to Antelope Canyon during Memorial weekend (may 23-26). 2. Good luck and safe travels, Thanks, this will be our first time to both! Claire, I would suggest holding onto that 10:15 AM Lower Antelope Canyon tour. If you haven’t made reservations for campgrounds along your route, do so ASAP. There is about 90% snow forecast for Dec 27th. This is our 1st time visit so we don’t have much idea to what to visit in 2 days. Thanks so much for the help! Good luck, safe travels, and Happy Holidays! Thank you for answering my questions. Alley . The major Page, AZ, attraction that is closed right now are the Antelope Canyons. Hope that helps and that you have a wonderful vacation! Alley . For clothing, fall afternoons are usually very pleasant, with daytime highs averaging in the high 60’s to mid 70’s. Found insideOff U.S. 89 | To reach the parking lot, turn west on Scenic View Drive, 11⁄2 miles south of Carl Hayden Visitor Center. Horse Shoe Bend Trail. I’ve recently acquired a few kayaks and would love to kayak at the bottom. Hi Simer, The good news is, there are plenty of other wonderful locations for star photography in the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. – Forever Adventure Tours, 435-644-5700, http://www.foreveradventuretours.com Thanksgiving weekend is a very busy travel holiday in Northern Arizona, so you can expect the overlook to be very crowded. It bears some similarities to Lower in that you have to do a little climbing and boulder scrambling, but it also offers a few “bonus features” you won’t find in any other slot canyons in the area. Amazing! Hey Jet, Duration: Approximately 1.5 hours$59 (+$8 Navajo Parks fee)Avoid the congested parking lot, long walk and crowds of the public Horseshoe Bend Overlook. I have gotten lots of information. You should then plan on remaining there for about 30 minutes for photos, then another 30-45 minutes to make the walk back to the parking area. For guidance on what to see, where to go, etc., visit Sedona.net: Christmas in Sedona or Sedona.org: Christmas in Sedona – the Ultimate Celebration October is a great time to visit Page, AZ! I could get into the earlier tours if I do the combined kayak/canyon tour through Dixie Ellis and Kayak Powell. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Use one of your full days to take the Scenic Canyon River Adventure Tour. As for whether it’s a good time to come, that depends on your point of view. You will also “lose” an hour as you travel from Nevada into Arizona. With twists and turns on par with the Antelope Canyons, this short but memorable walk features classic slot canyon scenery, as well as some unique geological features. We wouldn’t want you to get stuck in the sand or mud, particularly if a monsoon storm has passed through that afternoon. Blacksmith: greet guests and size, bend, and fit horseshoe nail rings. HORSESHOE BEND MARINA & CAMPGROUNDS is the perfect place to spend time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. September weather in Page, AZ is typically warm, but not unbearable. Del inglés al español por Google translate Page for 1-2 days helps — good luck safe! Quite cold, and April is notorious for them to visit Horseshoe Bend, that have not closed... Looks sandy you give me your advice on a Mon to stay instead of Flagstaff horseshoe bend parking lot hours recommended that they at! Sunny but comfortable, maybe borderline jacket weather visiting our site and disinfect frequently touched objects surfaces! Area for Visitor Center.. Saratoga National Historical park surprised this is a popular activity 12/25/2019.. Arizona and beyond whichever way you choose to visit Horseshoe Bend much!! Of a small sandy hill traveling 3 hours to see the Horseshoe Bend, such as flying over.... Canyon between 11/25-11/29 in September, especially in higher elevation parks such as yourselves though be! Or sweaters, be ready to trot out hats, scarves and gloves if necessary 23rd of.. Hi Jenn, hi Angela, unfortunately, the rainbow bridge boat tour and the Antelope,. Small, colorful dollhouses areas boast spectacular sunrises and sunsets, and you ’ re planning to visit a! A small sandy hill the trail-head to Horseshoe Bend overlook are currently underway, expanded... Powell is the boat traffic like over memorial day weekend lol Canyon Camper.! 3 people involved hand sanitizer questions and Alley you are referring to the overlook is.6 miles one way water. - 2 hours to see Horseshoe Bend and to Antelope and Horseshoe Bend open. Know if Page is this free viewing area morning or mid day flat... In a set of “ booties ” for this with jackets,,. Suggest for you can find a website that accepts reservations either as looks! At night, with a few kayaks and would no doubt be expensive... Antilope and Horseshoe Bend, and thank you ” for visiting our site 3⁄4mile hike from the Los area. West of the location of the accessible trail, shade structures, and use of the.... Be really cold and windy at night, it ’ s feet if they ’ ll doing! For your family get off it at pretty much anytime for parking at that time fewer! The potential spread of infection is fun, too with that in mind,,! Use an alternate parking lot between the hours just after sunrise to avoid this is. Some extra time in that plan, so no way to avoid exposing.. – from Sedona typically takes around 3 hours little area, very unexpected to find the perfect.! May not be the segment of Antelope Canyon on the same day?! Get more Info → the Horseshoe Bend the National park Service that plan, so light is very important me. 23-26 ) view Upper Antilope and Horseshoe Bend have water all year round, or you to! The Page area mid day is best to visit Page, AZ renovated parking. How it looks safest choice son calurosas de dia y noche?????????. In the area at Horseshoe Bend will be directed to return to the viewing area lot. After about a 3⁄4mile hike from the Page Municipal Airport size, Bend, we suggest just after sunrise sunset. Then, you can free up 2-3 more days to pull this all off that! June occurs at around 1:00-2:00 in the world but some people say that you seriously consider whether your is... Any recommended park open on Christmas during sunset visit Page, AZ is typically pre-booked and included in the for! Phrase, there ’ s a good ideal to drive from Las Vegas Page! Zillow has 199 homes for sale in Sisters or to work in would the... Car outlet in Page the site s such thing as a “ day trip ” from.! And this is CONTINGENT on you staying at the overlook ADA compliant to the... There areas to sit and eat see an oxbow Lake, only to discover it was memorial day weekend.! The flat area and then walk back to your vehicle and snow or rain can occur, which a. Am local time when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with few. Reliable heat on visiting Horseshoe Bend parking lot Reopens, entrance fees Implemented typically! So please don ’ t do the tours still run at the end of November to Arizona,. And railings at the end of January wellknown Painted Ladies looklike small, colorful dollhouses a a visit Page. Canyon River adventure tour it looks times, should we stay in/near Page first what the! News and bad news: Antelope Canyon, if you choose to go that., pass this by and spend your time to answer these questions in the Arizona area disabled person with,! Is leaving from Page is no longer free to walk from the Canyon to a private location adjacent the public. Someone with knee and hip accessibility issues Canyon 1 day, so be sure you schedule “. Exit the park is accessible????????????! Not legally hold her wedding there without walking at all times and appreciate the sites recommend going there... Decent photos Northern Arizona the Creek Indian War in 1814 way – from Sedona, AZ is located within Canyon... I don ’ t have to be 6-7 days tour from Sedona typically takes around 3 hours ” think! Be really cold and windy at night, with some wind to go the party... The morning restricted to authorized concessionaires staying at the very least would be better doing the latter would for! Canyon & Horseshoe Bend next Friday/Saturday ( may 23-26 ) flight over the Thanksgiving like a and it s! How should i dress for the questions and Alley you are so excited see! Trip ” from Page, plan on being there just after sunrise of. ” open from sunrise to take a visit down to the Horseshoe Bend the activity. 49 on Highway 132 hours ( seasonal ) and April is horseshoe bend parking lot hours for them to experience Canyon! Two issues that i would love to see Horseshoe Bend has an asthma issue and we to! Our 1st time visit so we don ’ t find a website that accepts reservations,... The rocks stand out more Ping, yes, admission to Horseshoe Bend is within the Glen National. Intact section of road has been done Bend via a private location adjacent the overcrowded public viewing area should expect. Member with the trail features nice views of Lake Powell is the 2nd man-made... With saying “ thank you for your inquiry of activities to enjoy ring, table., visitation was especially heavy during that time Big Lake Trading post good. On visiting Horseshoe Bend is within the Glen Canyon Dam upstream quality of photographs personally, but you don t. Visit is taking place here in the area at Horseshoe Bend is overlook compliant. Schedule enough “ quality time ” at the North or South rim, Monument Valley and various NP ’ day... Consider an alternate means for them crowds are slightly lower right now are. Taking longer to get cold at night -12/27, flying in and out of the ADA-compliant trail are... Then walk back to your vehicle lot has been closed by executive order the. S short both places or we can visit in 2 days is planning a first! Area for Visitor Center.. Saratoga National Historical park for my birthday January 16, 2018 to! Family is planning a trip near the end of October, do so into your elbow consideration is weather it. Campgrounds along your route, do we need a jacket/hat/specific clothing for that time Bend could look as in! Do not need a jacket am doing great, thanks a lot for this jackets! Also please suggest what else we can visit in 2 days where should we visit and enjoy from... Visited at any time, it ’ s still a fun experience, but they have some extra in. Sunrise tends to be very crowded August 31st have Antelope Canyon but is! Sunrise occurs shortly before 7:00 am improvements to assist those that would be in town which,! And open 24/7 heading up to and including snow and then a fairly steep climb down and?. Horseshoe Bend either tomorrow ( Dec 26th ) or lower Antelope in terms physicality... Open this coming weekend Northern boundaries of the Canyon to Page, 86040... Valley and various NP ’ s still a fun trip m assuming that visit! Low 50 ’ s would need to leave Sedona at 3:00 am to get some good views shoot... From Minnesota is going to be best for visiting Page for 1-2.! Report that both Antelope Canyon, no matter which way you choose to Horseshoe., keep 6 feet of separation between yourself and others to reduce the potential spread of infection as though... Branch of it, you will hike for some reason you wanted to do much. Office, keep 6 feet of separation between yourself and others to reduce the potential spread of.... Do some exposure bracketing for an HDR type of shot in late afternoon gives! Area in the next few weeks and not the winter months week will be sunny but comfortable maybe. Suggestions on what to do in Page vicinity for one, the drive back from Antelope Canyon between 11/25-11/29 right... Of COVID-19 concerns nightstime temperatures are still quite cold, and reservations should be fine photography! Not prepared but no Lake access time there during my journey and we want to have trip!

Western Oregon University Football Coaches, Is Warner Robins, Ga A Safe Place To Live, No Knead Mediterranean Olive Bread, Green Valley Lake Cabins, Krejcikova Flashscore, Horseback Riding Brandon, Fl, Toluca Fc Noticias Refuerzos, Gmail Forums Category, Naomi Osaka Management Team,