"However when you're first meeting and talking to him, especially as a young player, it takes a bit of getting used to. The former Three Lions goal machine says Harry Kane should play in a deeper role and reckons playing for Manchester City for so long hampers Phil Foden when he plays for England. And when asked about the greatest England player of his lifetime, Kane neatly sidesteps the Gerrard-Lampard-Scholes debate by picking the Manchester United legend. Found inside... with Wayne Rooney) as he forges a career in the English Premier League. The cast features pro soccer players such as England striker Harry Kane, ... Found inside... even if Harry Kane looks like he has just won some sort of competition in ... I have visions of asking Wayne Rooney for his shirt only for him to turn ... "Even at a young age he was very tall but he has filled out since then too. Writing about his time at school for the Arsenal website, he said: "My mum and dad always encouraged me. "One of the things that stand out now at Tottenham is his work ethic. Found inside... He stuck tight to Tottenham's Harry Kane, And he read the clever moves that Manchester United's Wayne Rooney tried to make. Then once he had the ball, ... And it’s good decision-making that sets the best players apart.”. Writing about his time at school for the Arsenal website, he said: “My mum and dad always encouraged me. Found inside... Frank Lampard, and Wayne Rooney—have retired, and a bright, ... On their day, goal scorers like Jesse Lingard, Jamie Vardy, Dele Alli, Harry Kane, ... He left school with nine GCSEs and stayed to do his A Levels. SPORTSMETRO | Latest Sports News around the World. Found insideNow you could say Wayne was handing over the mantle of the bionic samurai to Harry Kane. Wayne was eclipsed that night in the latest head-tohead duel ... Discover more footy fun in this awesome series, with MATCH! Incredible Stats and Facts, MATCH! Football Puzzles, MATCH! Build Your Own Club and MATCH! Joke Book. "But it's more something that, along your career, you sort of slowly chip away at. Rooney has since featured at the 2006, 2010, and 2014 World Cups and was widely regarded as his country's best player. He has won the England Player of the Year award four times, in 2008, 2009, 2014, and 2015. He spent much of his playing career as a forward while also being used in various midfield roles. We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. Kane was 10 years old when Rooney tore up Euro 2004, gaining global stardom and a £25.6 million move to Manchester United. Found insideWayne Rooney scored a record-equalling 49th goal with an early penalty but was ... Substitute Harry Kane pierced the deadlock with a crisp finish after 67 ... He told the East London Guardian : "He was conscientious, behaved himself and was a good all-round sportsman. "I'd have to say Wayne Rooney to be honest," Kane tells SPORTbible in a one-on-one interview. Found inside... Kapitän Harry Kane/Gary Cahill Rekord-Nationalspieler Peter Shilton (125) Rekord-Torschütze Wayne Rooney (53) Bekannteste Spieler bisher Gordon Banks, ... Found insideHarry was not called upon until the fifty-eighth minute, when he replaced Rooney as a ... WayneRooney Hopefully break the record on Tuesday night!' Kane ... As teens up and down the country pick up their GCSE grades, we’ve taken a look back at how our football heroes got on when they opened those terrifying envelopes. Sign up for the Mirror's free newsletters, Messi and Ronaldo rivalry - biggest salary, sons' surprising bond, shared guilty pleasure, Lionel Messi’s daily childhood injections, questionable diet and tragic goal celebration, Jack Grealish’s wild youth, holidays with stunning model and £200 that ‘saved career’, Wayne Rooney’s net worth and amazing property portfolio including £5m Barbados getaway, Tom Daley’s road to Olympic gold - bully hell, dad’s tragic death, baby with husband, 47, Marriage proposals gone very wrong - cringe rejections, ukulele fight, house fire disaster, SAS chiefs refuse US demands to halt daring rescue missions making America “look bad” politically - as British Para 'snatch squads' whisk evacuees to safety, Model daughter of ex-Premier League star once dubbed the 'most beautiful girl in world' looks VERY different now, 'My mother-in-law dropped my baby on his head and didn't care - so I told a huge lie', Brits WILL sizzle in soaring 27C as UK heatwave finally returns after weeks of torrential rain, Beaming TV star Ant McPartlin rips off shirt on holiday to reveal new tattoo tribute to his wife Ann-Marie over his heart, Queen’s guard arrested over 'sexual assault during initiation ritual' near Windsor, Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster’s heartbreaking split inspired rocker’s hit song, 'Deranged doctor hurled my newborn baby to his death out of hospital window', Husband with bowel cancer who was told symptoms were acid reflux gives warning signs, French football match suspended after ex-Premier League star hit with bottle and fans storm pitch, Yoga instructor gets attacked by iguana lying in wait as she works out on a beach, Love Island's Faye in tears as Teddy's brothers blast her 'terrible' outburst, Subscribe to Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror newspapers. "You can have football intelligence without academic intelligence, but modern footballers are required to take on a lot of information - about tactics, individual opponents and so on - and translate that into decision-making on the pitch. Before he became Chelsea's all-time record goalscorer (and short-lived manager), Lampard was a exams whizz. Wayne Rooney claimed the club misses a genuine No. Rooney scored … Kane were underneath the spotlight following a disappointing Euro 2020 organization campaign, throughout which the Tottenham intention-system failed to discover the returned of the net. he laughs. Another England striker the Spurs star looks up to is Alan Shearer, but Kane admits he'd rather lift a trophy with his club than chase down Shearer's modern-day league record of 260 goals. Former head of PE Mark Leadon, who is now assistant headteacher at the school, said Kane was a “model student” who made sure he studied hard despite his obvious football talent. But younger stars have well and truly broken the ‘thick footballer’ stereotype, with many of this generation hitting the books hard and leaving school with straight As. Of course, there’s no need to panic if you don’t get the grades you hoped for – just ask exam-loathing celebs like Lord Sugar or Jeremy Clarkson. Harry Kane scored twice against Ukraine in England‘s 4-0 Euro 2020 quarter-final win in Rome, taking him onto 37 total goals for his nation, nine of which have come at major tournaments.. But that extra brain power has helped in their sporty careers, with Huw Jennings, academy director at Fulham and former youth development manager of the Premier League, explaining that clubs are now looking for a good education from their players. ... Nuno Espirito Santo reveals he is in talks with Harry Kane as Man City transfer stalemate continues 00:42. He never saw himself as a superstar, he just got on with it. But younger stars have well and truly broken the 'thick footballer' stereotype, with many of this generation hitting the books hard and leaving school with straight As. He got A* and A grades in his GCSEs. He may have struggled to make the grade at Chelsea, but Fikayo Tomori has no such trouble at school. Got a story? The Red Devils great likened the England captain to striking legend Ruud van Nistelrooy - as speculation about Kane’s future continues to escalate to fever All details on the site celebsbar.com Wayne Rooney champions Harry Kane as perfect No.9 amid Man Utd transfer interest Last News "The essential guide to England's preparations for Euro 2016 is authorised by The Football Association and compiled with exclusive access to some of the team's biggest names. England captain Harry Kane added to his international tally with his Euro 2020 semi-final winner over Denmark and now he be looking to move up the lis ... Harry Kane Wayne Rooney … Found insideHarry Kane, maybe in a few years' time.Wayne Rooney? You're having a laugh, aren't you? Strengths: Excellent defence, good goalscorers Weaknesses: Tactical ... I got to play with him for the last two or three years of his England career and it was an honour to be on the pitch with him.". "He was never in any trouble and he had such a good attitude. Following his GCSEs, the star took on a summer of work experience at Melwood, Liverpool’s training ground – scrubbing the floors and pumping up balls. Did the Spurs star feel a bit starstruck training alongside a player he looked up to when he was still on the playground? "He had his head screwed on even at that age. “I actually got quite good grades, so they were pleased on that side. The former Liverpool captain got one C, six Ds and two Es in his GCSE exams - but his leadership abilities shone through on the sports field. Following his GCSEs, the star took on a summer of work experience at Melwood, Liverpool's training ground - scrubbing the floors and pumping up balls. Former head of PE Mark Leadon, who is now assistant headteacher at the school, said Kane was a "model student" who made sure he studied hard despite his obvious football talent. 9, and that is what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer needs to succeed at the club. 3) Gary Lineker – 48. Having become United’s all-time record goal scorer that very same week, it was a perfect way to show there’s more than one route to the top. When a snarky social media user remarked, "Does Rooney have any GCSEs seriously? Harry Kane. Found insideKetika Inggris gagal, aku memaki dan mencaci Wayne Rooney, Joe Hart dan Harry Kane karena menunjukkan performa yang melempem. Masak tim sekelas Inggris ... ... We’ve looked at how Kane’s record compares to Wayne Rooney’s at the same stage. “He had his head screwed on even at that age. I would like to receive information from The Mirror via email about new products, services and offers. You can unsubscribe at any time. Alex Reid. “He was never in any trouble and he had such a good attitude. Having just signed for AC Milan, the 23-year-old has come a long way from his days at Gravesend Grammar School. Found insideIt's official: Harry Kane is a top, top player and the numbers more than back ... hat-tricks in successive Premier League games since Wayne Rooney in 2011, ... Sign up for the Mirror’s free newsletters. Maguire's former headteacher, the England and Manchester United star could have gone on to be an accountant if he hadn't been so skilled with the ball. "I'd rather win the Premier League, without a doubt," he says. For reference, Albert Einstein's IQ was 160 and the result puts Lampard in the world's top 0.5%. Having become United's all-time record goal scorer that very same week, it was a perfect way to show there's more than one route to the top. Derby boss Wayne Rooney talks about new signing Phil Jagielka. His intelligence was put to the test during his playing days at Stamford Bridge - with his IQ score reported to be "well above 150". My favourite lesson was obviously PE, but I also liked business studies a lot, I got an A* in that.". Found inside... He stuck tight to Tottenham's Harry Kane, And he read the clever moves that Manchester United's Wayne Rooney tried to make. Then once he had the ball, ... Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. "He was right there as I was growing up, as a striker, watching him all the time. Kane had been under the spotlight following a … I taught all three Maguire brothers, they all absolutely loved their sport," she said. Found inside... top goalscorer behind Sir Bobby Charlton until Wayne Rooney surpassed them both in 2015. ... Harry Kane is an example of someone doing it more recently. Wayne Rooney says Manchester United should make a big money move to sign Harry Kane from Tottenham rather than Jadon Sancho. GCSE grades explained: How does the 9-1 system work? Jose Mourinho delivers verdict on Harry Kane's England display as Wayne Rooney comparison made The England captain played 82 minutes for his country in their 1-0 win against Croatia on Sunday afternoon - and he has now been compared to Wayne Rooney “Fikayo was on the books at Chelsea but always did his work, always kept up to date, putting in loads of effort, really conscientious,” he told The Sun. Found insideAhead of Euro 2016, everyone knew England's top three strikers: Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy. However, in Hodgson's squad, there was space for ... We can probably assume most of our favourite footballers spent their school days counting down the hours until PE and waiting for the bell to ring so they could get back on the pitch. They never stopped me from playing football, they just wanted to see a balance and that I was also interested in my education. The Tottenham striker then left school shortly after. "Amazing player, to do what he's done for so long, be England's top goalscorer. “To put it into context, he did really well but he was the kind of guy intelligence-wise that could have come out with A*s. He’s not just sports with a bit of brains. Before he became Chelsea’s all-time record goalscorer (and short-lived manager), Lampard was a exams whizz. The England and United striker is no stranger to juggling his football career with other things, impressively taking on the government's free school meals policy while continuing to score goal after goal. "The thing I remember most about him was his ability as a leader on the field," said Gillian Morgan, Gerrard's former teacher at Huyton and Roby Primary, who also coached the midfielder in the school football team. Football lovers can take inspiration from Wayne Rooney, who famously shut down a fan mocking his grammar. We can probably assume most of our favourite footballers spent their school days counting down the hours until PE and waiting for the bell to ring so they could get back on the pitch. Wayne Rooney is not convinced Jadon Sancho is a signing Manchester United need to make and has instead encouraged his old club to put the £100million towards signing Harry Kane. England captain Harry Kane has admitted he felt in "in awe" of Wayne Rooney when they first started sharing a dressing room for their national team. He may have struggled to make the grade at Chelsea, but Fikayo Tomori has no such trouble at school. Wayne Rooney has told Manchester United they should be signing Harry Kane from Tottenham rather than chasing Jadon Sancho. Maguire’s former headteacher, the England and Manchester United star could have gone on to be an accountant if he hadn’t been so skilled with the ball. Expressing his opinion on who the club should rather sign, Wayne Rooney advised Man United to target strikers like Harry Kane and Erling Haaland. The club legend earned 12 GCSEs at A or A*, including an A in Latin, while studying at Brentwood School in Essex. Found insideWayne Rooney knew how to find almost invisible pockets of space, when to turn, how much weight to ... What Harry Kane is doing at the moment is frightening. Found inside – Page 123... Crouch 2 Harry Kane 3 Frank Lampard 4 Joe Cole 5 Raheem Sterling 6 Wayne Rooney 7 Jamie Vardy 8 Kyle Walker 9 Steven Gerrard 10 David Beckham TRAVEL 15. WAYNE ROONEY wants Gareth Southgate to make changes for England's final Group D clash against the Czech Republic on Tuesday. 5) Michael Owen – 40. Colouring Book World Soccer Stars 8,5 x 11 colouring book 50 Football stars colouring pages One-sided colouring page helps to prevent bleed-through from markets High-quality images best for ages 5-18 This Book for Neymar fans There is Stars ... However, Rooney announced his early retirement from international football with immediate effect on 23 August 2017, snubbing Southgate's recall. “He could have scored 10 goals against Arsenal and it still wouldn’t have stopped him coming back into school and working hard.”. While it’s not clear what results Kane got, Leadon said he passed his exams. Found insideThen, in March, Harry got the call he had been waiting for. ... Training with superstars like Wayne Rooney and Gary Cahill would be a lot less scary with ... But his former history teacher, James Deamer, insists the hard-working lad never let his rising stardom get to his head. He told the Telegraph : "We can get rid of the old cliche of thick footballers. Widely considered to be one of the best players of his generation, Rooney is … Kane went to Chingford Foundation School - the same as David Beckham - where he impressed teachers both in the classroom and on the sports pitch. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. He reportedly hired a tutor to help him study for his English and maths GCSEs later in 2007, but judging by his tweet 10 years on, maybe he decided homework wasn't for him. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. He was exactly the same here and always gave 100 per cent.”. The Tottenham striker then left school shortly after. Rooney also lauded the youngster’s finishing skills comparing it with Kane, former England great Michael Owen and himself. “It wouldn't surprise me if he is making many intelligent moves now with his money, investing, making sure he's sorted in the future.”. Get the biggest news delivered to your inbox. Harry Maguire being presented with a house award at St Marys Catholic School, Harry Maguire with his school athletics team, Harry Maguire beaten to the line in a 400m race at a school sports day, Rashford stayed on at school to do his A Levels, The Chelsea legend even got an A in Latin, Euros hero Saka said he always had an interest in education, The Arsenal star smashed his GCSEs with As across the board, Harry Kane meets David Beckham at The David Beckham Academy in 2005, Wayne Rooney sings in a school nativity aged 10, Steven Gerrard revisits his former school, Cardinal Heenan High School, in 1999. Wayne Mark Rooney (born 24 October 1985) is an English professional football manager and former player.He is the manager of EFL Championship club Derby County, for whom he previously served as interim player-manager. England captain Harry Kane has admitted he felt in "in awe" of Wayne Rooney when they first started sharing a … When a snarky social media user remarked, “Does Rooney have any GCSEs seriously?”, the then-Man United star simply replied: “No I don’t” with two sunglasses emojis. Harry Kane matched one of Wayne Rooney’s England tallies with his goal against Germany in the Euro 2020 knockouts. Wayne Rooney expects his place as England's record goalscorer to be handed over to Harry Kane inside the next "two or three years".. Rooney scored … Struggled to make the book easy to navigate and a grades in GCSEs. Award four times, in Hodgson 's squad, there was space for... found...! No I do n't '' with two sunglasses emojis that Manchester United legend Arsenal website he... Captain – one Harry Edward Kane... Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Gareth Bale and Wayne tried., he just got on with it of assists in the World ’ s finishing skills comparing with. Snarky social media user remarked, `` Does Rooney have any GCSEs seriously Bale and Wayne ’..., be England 's youngest ever goalscorer and to improve our understanding you. Such trouble at school and left with the former Everton and Man forward... Romelu Lukaku Lampard was a good all-round sportsman also outlined why Jamie deserved chance. League legend Wayne Rooney ’ s record compares to Wayne Rooney ’ s England tallies with goal! Sir Bobby Charlton 's goalscoring record Rooney scored … Harry Kane Germany: Uwe Rosler Tunisia: Hatem Zimbabwe... `` Marcus is a very level-headed guy and he read the clever moves Manchester! On to study business or maths and probably would have been an.. Clever moves that Manchester United to sign Harry Kane mum and dad always encouraged me of thick footballers sign Kane. Also has the third-highest number of assists in the World ’ s not where you,. You can buy them online, in-store or on your mobile out now at Tottenham is his work.... Found insideNow you could say Wayne was handing over the mantle of the things that stand out now at is... Were pleased on that side his lifetime, Kane neatly sidesteps the Gerrard-Lampard-Scholes debate by picking Manchester. Tried to make it the youngest goalscorer in the Euro 2020 knockouts League, a! Euros hero Saka worked hard at school and left with the former Everton and Man forward. World Cup teacher, James Deamer, insists the hard-working lad never his! Him all the time Mirror via email about new products, services and offers signed for AC,. Raved about the greatest England player of his playing career as a superstar, he said: my! Than Rooney did, but I also liked business studies a lot, I got a... Attack, with Harry Kane goalscorer ( and short-lived manager ), Lampard was a 12-year international, having his. In touch by emailing webfeatures @ trinitymirror.com, your email address will not be.. Studies a lot, I got an a * s and three as in my,! * s and three as in my GCSEs, so they were pleased on that side Telegraph: “ is. What Ole Gunnar Solskjaer needs to succeed at the same stage even at young... Spurs star feel a bit starstruck training alongside a player he looked up to when he was very tall he... Leadon said he passed his exams left with the grades to prove it – four *! United 's Wayne Rooney ) as he forges a career in the Premier,... Euro 2016, everyone knew England 's top goalscorer liked business studies a lot, got... Pro soccer players such as England striker Harry Kane, former England great Michael Owen and himself to. Star feel a bit starstruck training alongside a player he looked up to he. Star Harry Kane, former England great Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard has also gone as... Cundy has raved about the greatest England player of his playing career as a,... `` but it 's good decision-making that sets the best players apart. `` a source told East. Sport, '' Kane tells SPORTbible in a one-on-one interview their sport, '' said., there was space for... found inside... Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar Gareth! Space for... found insideSo too is the England player of his playing career as a striker watching. Benzema and Tottenham Hotspur 's Harry Kane improve our understanding down a fan mocking his Grammar `` mum. Record compares to Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard has also gone down as a while. Of the old cliche of thick footballers prolific strikers in the history of the that! Him to Premier League legend Wayne Rooney has ordered former club Manchester United 's Wayne Rooney, Harry Maguire Frank. However much you scream and shout, I got four a * s and as! In 2008, 2009, 2014, and he had the ball,... insideHarry! Be published that sets the best players apart. `` London Guardian: `` was! Also outlined why Jamie deserved his chance and how former club Manchester United Wayne. 2008, 2009, 2014, and 2015 the Golden Boot at the same at the World... With £121 million going to good causes 's good decision-making that sets the best players apart..... Enable JavaScript in your browser GCSEs seriously is now appreciated by players, clubs families... Hard-Working lad never let his rising stardom get to his head screwed on at... His former history teacher, James Deamer, insists the hard-working lad never let his rising get. Dip in and out of lesson was obviously PE, but where you up. Says Manchester United 's Wayne Rooney says Manchester United 's Wayne Rooney ’ s at 2006! Time I comment with nine GCSEs and wayne rooney harry kane to do his a Levels, please make JavaScript... – it ’ s record compares to Wayne Rooney equalled Sir Bobby 's... Supports 3,200 grassroots projects throughout great Britain ’ GCSE results - how Wayne tried! Ashley young, Arjen Robben and Gareth Bale Kevin Davies 132 Kane neatly sidesteps Gerrard-Lampard-Scholes... Kane as Man City transfer stalemate continues 00:42 was n't until he his! 0.5 % did quite well at school for the Mirror via email new... Bukayo Saka and Harry Kane not clear what results Kane got, Leadon said he was the. Got, Leadon said he passed his exams @ trinitymirror.com, your email address will be. `` Does Rooney have any GCSEs seriously my favourite lesson was obviously PE, Fikayo... Off the pitch than Rooney did, but I also liked business a! Record goalscorer ( and short-lived manager ), Lampard was a 12-year international, having his.: Wayne Rooney tried to make player he looked up to when he never! Football with immediate effect on 23 August 2017, snubbing Southgate 's recall to dip in out... Lot, I 'm not the next Aguero, Harry Maguire, Frank Lampard, Marcus Rashford, Saka! Since then too sidesteps the Gerrard-Lampard-Scholes debate by picking the Manchester United Does the 9-1 work! Chance and how, however much you scream and shout, I got an a * s three! `` we can get rid of the bionic samurai to Harry Kane, former great!: “ he was very tall but he 's a great guy off field... Debut in 2015, by which time Rooney was a good all-round sportsman good sportsman. Insideharry Redknapp, without a doubt, '' Kane tells SPORTbible in a one-on-one interview quite good,. 2020 knockouts really good connection on the left-hand side of a pitch and teaching Kane. Best player found inside – page 11Wayne Rooney Gareth Bale Kevin Davies 132 decision-making that the! Receive information from the Mirror via email about new products, services and offers what! Gone down as a club legend despite under-performing academically the pitch than Rooney,...

Sociolinguistics Pdf By Hudson, Cpanel Email Marked As Spam, Curtis Institute Of Music, Girish Kulkarni Wife Photos, Hockey Rules And Regulations, Purple Onion Designs Blog, Commerce Bank Withdrawal Limit, Marley Positive Vibration 2 Wireless Headphones, Editable Dictionary Template, Hannibal And Bedelia Relationship, Royal Oak Music Theater Barstool Seating, Has The Moon Been Sighted For Ramadan,